Regional Museum for the Emerald Valley region.

Re: Shards of the Past [Day 3 LA]

Postby Durasay Mixo » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:50 am

"What about the times you don't think that? Surely that means you have evidence to show that they did choose." Durasay simply kept his eyes on the exhibits around them, all the while his aural attention was focused on Tethys.

"How far did he fall? If you don't mind me asking."
Pantoran | Peacekeeper | Senator | Commanding Presence | Field Commander | Tough | Enhanced Leader | Strong in the Force
Carries: Paired Heavy Blaster Pistols w/ Bantha Eye Lasersight | Vibrosword (+1 Melee Defense) | Utility Belt with gear | Heavy Battle Armor (1/1 Defense)
Languages: Basic, Huttese, Mando'a, Pantoran

"We won't leave anyone behind."
Durasay Mixo

Postby Tethys Carrack » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:48 pm

"I don't read the minds of everyone around me, despite what some people assume about Jedi. So no, I have no such evidence." Tethys shrugs a shoulder, tucking her hands back into the capacious pockets of her robe. "And I have been fortunate so far. Not many people I care about or know have made that journey."

She draws a slow breath, and her eyes flutter closed briefly before she opens them and speaks again. "I don't know where that one ended, because once the Dark Side began to work strongly on his thoughts he pulled away from us. Like me, he was older than most of the other apprentices. He wanted to be the best of us , but his ambition twisted. To him we were all jealous of him, undermining him, looking for chances to betray him. He fought with the friends who had been closest to him, hurt them. Eventually he believed even our teachers were against him." She frowns, the skin around the corners of her eyes tightening as if the memory pains her. "One night, he left the temple, injuring and stealing from friends and strangers to get off Coruscant. I hope he found the light again eventually, but I wonder."
Jedi ○ Human ○ Republic Affiliated ○ Tall ○ Profile Link
Obvious accoutrements: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink; backpack and/or Jedi armor when needed; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Durasay Mixo » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:51 pm

"Why not go after him? Tracking him down? There are ways through the Force to seek out those that wish to be hidden. Or even just using a Bounty Hunter." He asked calmly, reading the pain in her eyes as she spoke. Pursing his lips slightly, he clasped his hands behind his head. "Ambition can be a hard thing to be tempered. And such an easy thing to get twisted. I am sorry to hear that was part of his downfall."

Though giving in to it can be so rewarding in Strength. Judicious use can be a good thing.
Pantoran | Peacekeeper | Senator | Commanding Presence | Field Commander | Tough | Enhanced Leader | Strong in the Force
Carries: Paired Heavy Blaster Pistols w/ Bantha Eye Lasersight | Vibrosword (+1 Melee Defense) | Utility Belt with gear | Heavy Battle Armor (1/1 Defense)
Languages: Basic, Huttese, Mando'a, Pantoran

"We won't leave anyone behind."
Durasay Mixo

Postby Tethys Carrack » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:31 am

“My own training was still far from complete then. The Order took steps to find him at the time, but I never heard that they were successful... we’re not infallible, you know. As a Knight, I imagine I could take my own measures now, though the trail must be very cold.”

With the faintest hint of a sigh, she sets the memory aside again. “In any case, stories like that one are all too common. Infinitely more so than Jedi who actually succeeded at balancing on that dividing line for more than a fleeting time.”
Jedi ○ Human ○ Republic Affiliated ○ Tall ○ Profile Link
Obvious accoutrements: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink; backpack and/or Jedi armor when needed; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Tethys Carrack

Previous
Forum Statistics