Regional Museum for the Emerald Valley region.

Re: Day 3 EM: Checking the list, twice

Postby Layne Hoshin » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:20 am

"Or maybe the Doctor isn't who she claims to be," she said, finally noticing something moist dripping out of her nose, and wiping some of the blood away.

Or I'm going fucking crazy.
Jedi | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Bold | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Apprentice of Balos Tyl | Supposedly dead
equipment: Armored robes, Utility Belt, Stimpacks, Lightsaber(Darksaber), Lightsaber(Shoto), Communicator, Ancient Sword hilt, Glowrod, Forcereader
ship: The 'Sunset Dawn'

"So... Wrath of the Emperor eh? What's that about?"

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Baesal Zyn » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:24 am

Baesal observed the situation, prefering to remain an observer when the interactions started to flow. Then Layne started to act up...that was not usual...kinda...in a way...

...well she knew Layne well enough to know when something was wrong.

She put a hand on her shoulder

"Layne?"
Jedi- Togruta - Tinkerer - The Tentacle Entente? - Student of Master Raji Xen - 'splosions! -
Visible equipment: Heavy clothes, utility belt, googles, backpack, Soho lightsaber: The silver bladed ''Memory'', The red Ionblade ''The little sister'', lightshield, chromed cyberarm (left)
"Could I have been wrong?" -Baesal Zyn
Often seen with R5-T8: her droid assistant
Baesal Zyn

Postby Dapper Dog » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:25 am

“You really can’t trust any of them, should just kill them all… better that way,” the vision woman responded to Layne.

“All we need is ourself.”
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Layne Hoshin » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:27 am

She narrowed her eyes at the vision... a realization dawning.

((does the vision *look* like Layne?))
Jedi | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Bold | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Apprentice of Balos Tyl | Supposedly dead
equipment: Armored robes, Utility Belt, Stimpacks, Lightsaber(Darksaber), Lightsaber(Shoto), Communicator, Ancient Sword hilt, Glowrod, Forcereader

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Dapper Dog » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:27 am

Layne Hoshin wrote:She narrowed her eyes at the vision... a realization dawning.

((does the vision *look* like Layne?))

OOC: It do.
Dapper Dog

Postby Layne Hoshin » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:30 am

"I..."

She half-turned her head toward the Togruta.

"...give me a moment. I'm sorry."

Layne closed her eyes, took a deep breath, and then opened them again.

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Baesal Zyn » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:31 am

"Take your time" she simply said
Jedi- Togruta - Tinkerer - The Tentacle Entente? - Student of Master Raji Xen - 'splosions! -
Visible equipment: Heavy clothes, utility belt, googles, backpack, Soho lightsaber: The silver bladed ''Memory'', The red Ionblade ''The little sister'', lightshield, chromed cyberarm (left)
Baesal Zyn

Postby Dapper Dog » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:33 am

The woman vision thing is gone.
Dapper Dog

Postby Layne Hoshin » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:35 am

She blinked, then took another deep breath.

"Sorry... I saw... a vision, I guess. Of another me. I think."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Lunda Mae » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:37 am

“Another you?” Lunda said concerned. “Didn’t seem like a good vision then.”
Jedi Padawan | Reckless Beauty| Sees the Future | Prodigy | Human

Played by Dapper Dog
Lunda Mae

Postby Layne Hoshin » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:38 am

She glared at Lunda for a moment. "You're more likely to cause me to fall to the Dark Side than she was."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Lunda Mae » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:01 am

“You know… you’re not a very nice person,” Lunda replied rolling her eyes.
Jedi Padawan | Reckless Beauty| Sees the Future | Prodigy | Human

Played by Dapper Dog
Lunda Mae

Postby Layne Hoshin » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:07 am

"Says the girl trying to troll someone with a nosebleed," she rolled her eyes as well, then turned back to the doctor.

"Look, I'm sorry about that. It's just... I've been working on this for a long time. And I think that unless my alternate-vision-self *wasn't* just messing with me, none of you really fully grasp what's at stake here."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Vasir Rexa » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:11 am

“So what is at stake then, I can see this is a very serious matter for you one that you feel strongly about. If I can help you, master Jedi, then I will. But if you feel it best to go it alone, I respect that as well,” she said seriously.

“I apologize for inserting myself into your business, master Jedi.”
Field Scientist | Doctor | Imperial Accent | Beautiful | Intelligent | Human

Played by Dapper Dog
Vasir Rexa

Postby Layne Hoshin » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:22 am

"Let me be clear. I do not know if the vision I saw was triggered solely by my mind touching the dark side, or if my earlier words had some truth to them. If you're playing some game here... well, if that's the case you're probably not as much of an enemy as you yourself might think."

She closed her eyes for a moment again and took a deep breath before continuing.

"Some time ago, when I was still a Sith, my old master sent me on a mission to infiltrate the private sanctum of the Voice of the Emperor. It's not a place many ever get to visit. While there, I recovered some data I kept hidden from him, thinking it would be something I could use. When I became a Jedi, I took the data with me, and followed its trail. And eventually I learned of this facility we're talking about, and the dark rituals and alchemy the emperor was studying there. He has plans. Plans that would end everything."

There was a slight pause.

"Jedi *and* Sith. Everything."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Vasir Rexa » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:27 am

“Then maybe we should all work together to find a way that everything does not just end, master Jedi,” she responded.

Played by Dapper Dog
Vasir Rexa

Postby Layne Hoshin » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:32 am

"Right," she said, still a bit reluctant, but ultimately handing over the datapad for the doctor to take a look at.

"He wants to enact some sort of ritual that drains the life of a great many people at once, empowering himself in the process. He has already performed this ritual on an entire planet that is now dead. Next time, I fear he aims to do it to the entire galaxy. I know how that sounds," she said, "but some of the data on there deals with the results of his latest try. The rest is trying to piece together the location of the facility. I'm just missing a few pieces."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Baesal Zyn » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:07 am

Baesal listened for this was Layne's show now. She could not help but think back to Korriban and Zash...Maybe...
Baesal Zyn

Postby Vasir Rexa » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:59 am

Vasir looked at it and then added the data to her search algorithms and said, “Well, this is interesting. I have narrowed it down to a small region, still going to be bloody difficult but if I can get up to date orbital maps of the region I can find it.”

She walked over to a holo-terminal and brought up the region in the Viridian Sea, named such for the sea of gigantic trees that form this impenetrable jungle canopy, underneath a sort of odd twilight due to the tick foliage.

She said, “Right now we got about a hundred kilometer square area to cover, if I can get up to date data on the region, I can tighten our search.”

Played by Dapper Dog
Vasir Rexa

Postby Layne Hoshin » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:45 am

"And where would we get that? All I've got going right now is a local who'se been to the Viridian Sea who *might* wake up sober today. But if it's that much area to cover I doubt she'll be able to take the place of orbital maps."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Baesal Zyn » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:42 pm

''We could trust the Force'' she said at that moment ''It might lead us on a strange path but we will eventually find it''
Baesal Zyn

Postby Vasir Rexa » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:33 pm

“Or just ask your command if they have reconnaissance images of the region,” Doctor Vasir countered.

“You are Jedi.”

Played by Dapper Dog
Vasir Rexa

Postby Layne Hoshin » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:45 pm

She looked toward the doctor for a moment. "I suppose. I'm not sure they'd really listen to... me... though."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Vasir Rexa » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:48 pm

If the Republic cannot trust the Jedi Order, then who can they trust?” she replied.

Played by Dapper Dog
Vasir Rexa

Postby Layne Hoshin » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:55 pm

She looked at Lunda for a moment, as if expecting her to volunteer to deal with the headache of talking to the military, then switched back to the doctor.

"Suppose I got that data, how long would it take to narrow things down?"

Description
Layne Hoshin

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics