Regional Museum for the Emerald Valley region.

Re: Day 3 EM: Checking the list, twice

Postby Vasir Rexa » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:57 pm

“Not long, minutes really as I run it through the computer,” she responded.
Field Scientist | Doctor | Imperial Accent | Beautiful | Intelligent | Human

Played by Dapper Dog
Vasir Rexa

Postby Layne Hoshin » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:28 pm

She sighed, not finding any help from the other padawan. "Fine, I'll see what I can do. Can you add your data to my datapad?"
Jedi | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Bold | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Apprentice of Balos Tyl | Supposedly dead
equipment: Armored robes, Utility Belt, Stimpacks, Lightsaber(Darksaber), Lightsaber(Shoto), Communicator, Ancient Sword hilt, Glowrod, Forcereader
ship: The 'Sunset Dawn'

"So... Wrath of the Emperor eh? What's that about?"

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Vasir Rexa » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:58 pm

Vasir added the location she had found to Layne's datapad, "Hopefully this will help, get me that data and I can narrow it down."

Played by Dapper Dog
Vasir Rexa

Postby Baesal Zyn » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:27 pm

''I can help you run the numbers, if you want.'' Proposed Baes as it was the best she could do
Jedi- Togruta - Tinkerer - The Tentacle Entente? - Student of Master Raji Xen - 'splosions! -
Visible equipment: Heavy clothes, utility belt, googles, backpack, Soho lightsaber: The silver bladed ''Memory'', The red Ionblade ''The little sister'', lightshield, chromed cyberarm (left)
"Could I have been wrong?" -Baesal Zyn
Often seen with R5-T8: her droid assistant
Baesal Zyn

Postby Layne Hoshin » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:30 pm

"Thanks," she said, taking the datapad back and looking between those gathered. "Needless to say, nothing I've said here should be publicized."
Jedi | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Bold | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Apprentice of Balos Tyl | Supposedly dead
equipment: Armored robes, Utility Belt, Stimpacks, Lightsaber(Darksaber), Lightsaber(Shoto), Communicator, Ancient Sword hilt, Glowrod, Forcereader

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Baesal Zyn » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:38 pm

Baesal shrugged

''There goes my sitcom idea''
Jedi- Togruta - Tinkerer - The Tentacle Entente? - Student of Master Raji Xen - 'splosions! -
Visible equipment: Heavy clothes, utility belt, googles, backpack, Soho lightsaber: The silver bladed ''Memory'', The red Ionblade ''The little sister'', lightshield, chromed cyberarm (left)
Baesal Zyn

Postby Vasir Rexa » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:40 pm

“Fine… but if we find something, I am going to write an article on it, there are too many misconceptions and secrets about the Force,” she said honestly.

Played by Dapper Dog
Vasir Rexa

Postby Layne Hoshin » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:59 pm

"Absolutely not," she said. "Unless you *want* the Sith to pay you a visit."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Vasir Rexa » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:02 pm

“I won’t let my livelihood and life’s work be controlled by fear,” she responded.

“You take your risks, I will take mine.”

Played by Dapper Dog
Vasir Rexa

Postby Baesal Zyn » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:09 pm

''The problem is...'' she began ''...what can be found there is extremely dangerous and cannot fall in the hands of those who would use it.''
Baesal Zyn

Postby Layne Hoshin » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:28 pm

"There's that. And even if we destroyed the place completely, publishing your work about it could let the wrong people know... well, that we know."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Vasir Rexa » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:04 am

“That’s the problem with the Force and the Jedi, too many mysteries and secrets. It’s les a science and more some hokey religion with revelations and enigmas. I think it is in the best interest of everyone to understand just how dangerous some of these powers are,” she said in reply.

“You are not going to win this battle with two people and hopes and dreams… if you want people to take you seriously it would be nice for them to fully understand what they are dealing with.”

Played by Dapper Dog
Vasir Rexa

Postby Layne Hoshin » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:17 am

Layne's bullshit-tolerance threshold was fast approaching.

"You're a scientist, right? I thought scientists were supposed to be smart. If you have like, a deadly disease running through your veins, you'd try to cure it right? You wouldn't stop to write about your cure and get it in some journal while letting the disease run its course. You'd cure it first. Maybe once this is truly over. When we figure out what's happening and we've stopped it, then you can publish. You'll probably still get unwanted attention, but hey that's your choice. But publishing before then is a danger to a whole lot more people than yourself."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Baesal Zyn » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:42 am

Baesal massaged her temples, feeling a headache growing.

''I am a scientist as well Doctor. While a appreciate the idea behind what you want to do we must be cautious...the Dark Side is not to be taken lightly and cannot be mesured with rulers or microscope''
Baesal Zyn

Postby Vasir Rexa » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:48 am

“Actually you probably would detail the effects the of the sickness and crowd source a solution, if you want to find a solution and not just hog all the glory. If anything the march of progress and science is not made by leaps but small steps and is an aggregate of many people not just one brilliant soul,” she replied calmly.

“As it stands, it would be some time before I even published but I still feel it is important that people know.”

She glanced to Baesal and added, “As a scientist you believe in the censorship of knowledge? So if someone told you to stop pursuing a course of study you would do it? I am not so sure but if so, then we are not the same kind of scientist.”

Played by Dapper Dog
Vasir Rexa

Postby Baesal Zyn » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:56 am

Baesal facepalmed in irritation

''Have you ever heard of controlled environments? Containment zones? You can't just waltz into a contaminated zone without taking appropriate mesure to protect yourself and the others...That is irresponsible!''
Baesal Zyn

Postby Vasir Rexa » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:05 am

“Exactly! I want to arm the people with the knowledge to understand the Force and demystify it. Laboring in ignorance is abhorrent,” she said in reply.

“We obviously have a difference of opinion here, and as it stands I am not releasing anything now. But regardless of what is found, I intend to publish and shed light on these mysteries. It seems medieval for it all to be hushed up in our modern society.”

Played by Dapper Dog
Vasir Rexa

Postby Baesal Zyn » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:13 am

Baesal had an idea

''What mesurements are you going to use?''
Baesal Zyn

Postby Vasir Rexa » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:43 am

Baesal Zyn wrote:Baesal had an idea

''What mesurements are you going to use?''

Doctor Rexa nodded and since Baesal asked launched into a lecture on the nature of the Force and expressing that in scientific terms and notation. Applying known and advanced physics using visual aids from her research and then correlating that with data on the history and practices and what is known and unknown. Those without advanced degrees or understanding may start to be overwhelmed but she continued and finished with a pretty well thought out scientific basis for the Force, there are rough edges and holes but damn if it isn’t convincing.

Twenty minutes later she finished, “So as you can see there are going to be gaps but the basis of any science is not to let the mysteries deter you, by asking these crucial questions we will no doubt open more questions when we fully elucidate the answers.”

OOC: She knows what she is talking about, she has not fully worked out all the things on expressing it but she is well versed on the topic for a non-Force User. Triumph for impressive knowledge and explanation.

Doctor Rexa - Explaining Science! - Lore At Hard with a setback cause Force is weird: 3eP+3eA+3eD+1eS 3 successes, 1 threat, 1 Triumph
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Played by Dapper Dog
Vasir Rexa

Postby Baesal Zyn » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:51 am

Baesal listened and had to admit that, yes, it was well thought through...on a theorical level

''And how will you protect yourself from the mind altering effects of the place?''
Baesal Zyn

Postby Vasir Rexa » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:53 am

“That is a good question, there has to be a scientific solution to the matter,” she responded.

Played by Dapper Dog
Vasir Rexa

Postby Baesal Zyn » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:16 am

''But not one currently available'' she added ''And without it you risk becoming an unreliable observer, dooming your effort from the get go.''

The togruta tried to explain as best she could but translating Force concepts into physics or biology ones in nigh impossible...The Force is a field of its own

Sciency force talks, destiny, Zash's: 1eA+3eP+3eD+2eB 2 failures, 6 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Baesal Zyn

Postby Vasir Rexa » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:31 am

Vasir listened and then said, “You make a good point but it is recognized the Force has a more pronounced affect on the weak minded, or those already easily swayed by persuasion such as an addictive personality. It can be resisted by non-Force users with effort or training.”

“Mandalorians train to harden that resistance if they expect Force Users, which they usually do.”

Played by Dapper Dog
Vasir Rexa

Postby Baesal Zyn » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:39 am

''But it is not impervious'' she countered ''And the strenght of the user varies as well.''

She frowns

''Furthermore you are straying from science here. 'Weak minded' is hardly a quantifiable term less so a precise one''
Baesal Zyn

Postby Vasir Rexa » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:43 am

“I didn’t like the term either just an easy way to phrase it, you’re not going to deter me, master Jedi. I am in this just as much as you are,” she responded.

Played by Dapper Dog
Vasir Rexa

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics