Primary Bankor Resistance encampment in the region.

(D1 MM) 'Friendly' Acquisition

Postby Nekoinu » Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:28 am

Event Type: Republic SIS
Power Cost: 0
Participants: 3
Timeslots: Mid-Morning

Description: SIS Handler Claire Alincot has run into problems with setting up how she wants to. She argues that the equipment needs to be stored in a nearby bunker in order to ensure maximum security. Resistance forces have already allocated space to their own supplies and Claire has made it clear that those outside of the Republic SIS cannot be allowed to see any sensitive information.

Rules: This is a social encounter that will not require any combat skills. Keep in mind that certain approaches may change the outcome, for better or worse.

Rewards/Outcome: The primary purpose of the event is to negotiate the relationship between the SIS and Resistance fighters. As noted above, certain approaches may change the outcome.

Trust Modified: Baseline +0.1 Trust if the Resistance is not evicted.
Power Modified: Baseline +1 Power if the Republic SIS is given the space.
Duty Earned: Baseline 2 Duty if hte Republic SIS is given the space.
Assistant to the GM | Devourer of Treats | Overseer of the Collection | Crier of Mandalorian Aide
Nekoinu

Re: (D1 MM) 'Friendly' Acquisition

Postby Durasay Mixo » Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:42 am

Durasay was still in his combat armor, though the helmet had been left off back aboard the Turtle. His conversation with Senator Saresh had left him with one goal in mind. Find the Resistance Base, find their leadership, and make friends. That was something he was good at. Looking up at the skyline, the shadows of the earlier blockade still showing, he shielded his eyes with his hand from the morning light, before heading towards the base area. Upon his arrival, the Pantoran noted the commotion coming from...

Kriff. I know that woman.

Approaching the storage area that was becoming an area of contention, Durasay looked at those gathered. "May I be of assistance?"
Pantoran | Peacekeeper | Senator | Commanding Presence | Field Commander | Tough | Enhanced Leader | Strong in the Force
Carries: Paired Heavy Blaster Pistols w/ Bantha Eye Lasersight | Vibrosword (+1 Melee Defense) | Utility Belt with gear | Heavy Battle Armor (1/1 Defense)
Languages: Basic, Huttese, Mando'a, Pantoran

"We won't leave anyone behind."
Durasay Mixo

Postby Luth Khalan » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:44 am

Luth was already there, the tiredness from dealing with this nonsense not really making a dent in her general tiredness. She looked over as the Pantoran arrived. "Oh, thank goodness."
Republic | Human | SIS | Spy | Assassin | Sniper | Force Sensitive
Carries: Comlink, Electrobinoculars, Utility Belt,
On Assignment: Environment Armor and helmet, Sniper Rifle, Extra Rounds

"Tomorrow is another day."
Luth Khalan

Postby Arali Zian » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:58 am

Settling disputes was a frequent duty of the Jedi. Whether through tradition, clever branding, societal acceptance, or meddling. Regardless, Arali felt drawn to the conflict, and sported the plain brown robes of a reasonable neutral party.
Republic ♥ Jedi ♥ Knight ♥ Twi'lek ♥ Superfarmer ♥ Nerd ♥ Pacifist ♥ Vegetarian
Arali Zian

Postby Nekoinu » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:04 am

Claire closed her eyes for a momentary respite and then pointed at Arali. "Luth, keep her out of here. I have a senator to deal with." She glared at the Resistance forces before saying, "And I am not through with you."

The SIS handler then put on her cordial face for Durasay. "Nothing I cannot handle, Senator Mixo. Congratulations on the promotion, by the way. Quite the change," she said, with a hint of sass in her words.
Assistant to the GM | Devourer of Treats | Overseer of the Collection | Crier of Mandalorian Aide
Nekoinu

Postby Durasay Mixo » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:08 am

"Well, change is good for the soul. Good to see you again, too. And while I don't doubt your ability to handle people, my specialty is in bridging different people together." His own face was as cordial as Claire's, an easy smile, as he kept eye contact with her. He, of course, detected the sass, but either just ignored it, or wasn't bothered by it. "What seems to be the problem with our new... friends?" He raised an eyebrow, before indicating with a look over to the being she had been speaking with earlier.
Pantoran | Peacekeeper | Senator | Commanding Presence | Field Commander | Tough | Enhanced Leader | Strong in the Force
Carries: Paired Heavy Blaster Pistols w/ Bantha Eye Lasersight | Vibrosword (+1 Melee Defense) | Utility Belt with gear | Heavy Battle Armor (1/1 Defense)

Durasay Mixo

Postby Luth Khalan » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:18 am

"I'm not sure what I can do to stop a Jedi, but I'll do my best," she replied with a shrug, turning to Arali and saying with little affect, "You shouldn't come in. She has a senator to deal with."

Luth Khalan

Postby Nekoinu » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:33 am

Durasay Mixo wrote:"Well, change is good for the soul. Good to see you again, too. And while I don't doubt your ability to handle people, my specialty is in bridging different people together." His own face was as cordial as Claire's, an easy smile, as he kept eye contact with her. He, of course, detected the sass, but either just ignored it, or wasn't bothered by it. "What seems to be the problem with our new... friends?" He raised an eyebrow, before indicating with a look over to the being she had been speaking with earlier.

Claire crossed her arms. "The Resistance insists that using that bunker for supplies is an adequate use of our combined resources. That space, however, could be put to excellent use by the Republic SIS. Such a location would be better hidden from any enemy surveillance." She glanced over at Luth and the Jedi before looking back at Durasay. "Is this a huge reunion or something?"
Nekoinu

Postby Durasay Mixo » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:38 am

He pondered for a moment. "Well. War has a way of bringing people together." He remembered watching Arali at Nar Shaddaa, at the Jedi Enclave there. Her fight against her former master. Impressive. Most Impressive... "Have they made any suggestions as to where an SIS bunker could be placed? Or could the space be shared between the two organizations?" He raised an eyebrow, asking in all seriousness, without a hint of sarcasm. It seemed that his face was in full problem solving mode.

Durasay Mixo

Postby Arali Zian » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:48 am

Luth Khalan wrote:"I'm not sure what I can do to stop a Jedi, but I'll do my best," she replied with a shrug, turning to Arali and saying with little affect, "You shouldn't come in. She has a senator to deal with."

"In my experience, asking nicely works at least half the time," Arali said to Luth, though clearly directed at Claire.

Perhaps that was a bit passive aggressive.

But she made no move to get closer, instead adopting her best wise and authoritative Jedi pose next to Luth as she listened in, and slowly studied the terrain with three sets of eyes. The eyes of a painter, the eyes of a commander, and the eyes of a logistician.
Arali Zian

Postby Nekoinu » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:10 am

"They told me we already have our own encampment but I need a base of operations here too. Multitude of reasons that I really don't need to disclose right now or ever. As for sharing the space, that isn't possible. Republic SIS deals with highly sensitive information. I am sure you understand that, Senator." She gave a nod to Arali. "A Jedi ought to know that too."
Nekoinu

Postby Durasay Mixo » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:08 pm

"Of course, prying eyes on that information wouldn't be good for security." He paused, thinking for a moment. "Could we... speak with them? Together. See what kind of arrangement we can come to. We need to build trust with the Resistance, and I completely agree, SIS needs their own facility close to the action, but a little quid pro quo could yield something beneficial to every one." Durasay smiled warmly at Claire, standing straight and tall.

Durasay Mixo

Postby Luth Khalan » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:13 pm

Luth listened and nodded toward Arali, adding, "The Jedi are negotiators as well, among other things. Arali would be a good help."

Luth Khalan

Postby Nekoinu » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:30 pm

Claire cast her gaze at Luth. "This is a Republic SIS matter, Khalan." She gave a slight smile to both Arali and Durasay. "This does not fall in the department of the Jedi or the Senate."

---

One of you may make a Charm (Presence) or Negotiation (Presence) check contested against Claire at Hard Difficulty with Two Dice Upgraded. If Luth is the primary roller, she will receive a Boost Die due to being part of Republic SIS. The two not rolling may both Assist the roller.

Failure here will not prevent you from participating but instead affect her demeanor in the meeting.
Nekoinu

Postby Durasay Mixo » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:53 pm

Negotiating with Claire (Presence 4, Negotiation 1, 1 Boost from Luth assist, 1 setback from first roll in event, Influence Skill Control, Hard Difficulty, Upgraded twice): 1eP+3eA+1eB+2eF+2eC+1eD+1eS 5 successes, 1 threat, 3 Light Side
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Assist die from Arali: 1eB 1 success

Converting light side pips to 3 advantage. Final result 6 successes, 2 advantage. Using the advantage to improve Claire's demeanor towards me.

IC:

As he spoke, Durasay's words were infused with a calming presence, the Force subtly working through his voice.

"We're all on the same side here, ma'am. With all due respect, we should be doing all we can, together, to figure out the best solution."

Durasay Mixo

Postby Nekoinu » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:58 am

The SIS Handler's demeanor lightened and she nodded. "We will need to all work together. I'm sure the Resistance is sick of me so perhaps you can take the lead for now." She gestured for all of them to come follow her to speak with the Resistance representatives.

"Who is all this then?" the apparent leader asked. Claire left it to them to make their own introductions.
Nekoinu

Postby Arali Zian » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:32 am

Arali placed her fist in her palm and bowed, "Arali Zian, knight of the Jedi Order."
Arali Zian

Postby Durasay Mixo » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:46 pm

Durasay looked to all gathered, yellow-amber eyes taking in the details of the gathered resistance forxes.

"Durasay Mixo, Senator from Pantora. I just want to say you've been doing an excellent job as a resistance. I apologize that we did not arrive earlier, but we are here to help you all secure your world."

Durasay Mixo

Postby Nekoinu » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:03 pm

"About damn time. I was starting to wonder if the Jedi knew of us." The man let out a sigh and then shook his head. "What's done is done. What do you want, Senator from Pantora, Jedi Knight?"
Nekoinu

Postby Durasay Mixo » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:41 pm

Durasay smiled. "Actually, it is more what do you want? Or more importantly, what do you need?" He stepped closer, offering a hand to the resistance man. "I understand you, and the officer here, are having a disagreement over a facility usage. I've gotten her side, but I would like to know yours."

Durasay Mixo

Postby Nekoinu » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:10 am

"We need the space for ourselves. Munitions are there that could be assaulted out in the open. In addition, it could prove useful if we need to hide refugees."
Nekoinu

Postby Durasay Mixo » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:36 pm

Influence Basic Power (Guiding Emotions): 2eF 3 Light Side
ImageImage

"Would it be possible to house those munitions anywhere else?" He asked, without showing a hint of preference one way or another. "Perhaps with Republic stores? Even aboard some of the ships that have been brought down for ease of transport to trouble spots?" His smile was genuine as he spoke, exuding calm through the Force, wanting to help put the man's worries to rest. It was a tense morning, and anything that could be done to give the man a salve of peace could be beneficial.

"What makes this facility so secure that it would best be a bunker for those seeking relief?"

Durasay Mixo

Postby Arali Zian » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:07 pm

Arali interjects for a small suggestion, "Perhaps we can walk the facility while we speak, so that we have a clearer idea what we are dealing with?"

A floorplan would make it much easier to negotiate.
Arali Zian

Postby Nekoinu » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:01 pm

"I suppose that wouldn't hurt," he said to the Jedi's suggestion. He gestured for them all to follow them to the bunker in question. "I wouldn't want a raid to take out the munitions. How secure are these Republic ones? And how accessible are they?"

The facility itself was a military-grade bunker with a blast door at the entrance. There was not a huge amount of space inside but it was clear that the building was used as a warehouse by the amount of supplies inside. There were numerous alcoves for combatants and refugees to take cover.
Nekoinu

Postby Durasay Mixo » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:08 am

"We're talking Republic Army, Naval officers and marines. Not to mention a few Jedi." Durasay nodded, moving with a severe limp, still pushing through the injury from the crash, as he moved slowly.

"As secure as any facility on a planet under occupation could be." He smirked, easily, hiding the pain. "We are trying to gain your trust here. Working together, will be best for all of our interests." Again, nodding to Claire, and then the resistance operative.

"Integrating our two Forces as much as possible should be a high priority."

Durasay Mixo

Next
Forum Statistics