Primary Bankor Resistance encampment in the region.

Re: Verbena and Mint (Day 1 Mid Afternoon)

Postby Layne Hoshin » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:36 pm

She looked at him closer, trying to stir some memories and failing.

"I don't remember you, but I fought a lot of battles there."

She turned to the Gand next. Fortunately, though she was not the educated type, Layne had the sort of personal history that meant she knew how to interpret a number of languages of the sort you'd find around the less savory parts of the outer rim, and there were many Gand that thrived there.

"Layne Hoshin," she said, then rolled her eyes. "Padawan."
Jedi | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Bold | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Apprentice of Balos Tyl | Supposedly dead
equipment: Armored robes, Utility Belt, Stimpacks, Lightsaber(Darksaber), Lightsaber(Shoto), Communicator, Ancient Sword hilt, Glowrod, Forcereader
ship: The 'Sunset Dawn'

"So... Wrath of the Emperor eh? What's that about?"

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:11 am

He chuckled lightly at her response, before pulling a pack of cigarettes from his pocket and lighting one up. "That's alright." Z murmured at he exhaled. "I'm Zanebry people call me Berry."

He turned his gaze to the Hand and offered a polite nod. "Nice to make your acquaintance, Hemiln."
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Ship: Three Drinks Smells like: Whiskey, Cigarettes, Cologne
Zanebry Varliss

Postby Hamelin » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:49 am

<Yuck tow qui polce azi mors guff virn>
"Are you finding your lessons taxing? What brings you both here?"

Hamelin looks around some more.
Gand | Jedi | Ex-Criminal | Apostle of Death | Short
Carries: Ammonia Breath Respirator, Armoured Robes, Backpack, Lightsaber, Load Bearing Gear, Scanner Goggles, Spacesuit, Thermal Cloak, Thermal Detonator, Utility Belt
Ship: Staccato
Hamelin

Postby Layne Hoshin » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:14 am

She shrugged. "Apparently there's a war going on," she said in response to the question. A nice way of deflecting it.
Jedi | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Bold | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Apprentice of Balos Tyl | Supposedly dead
equipment: Armored robes, Utility Belt, Stimpacks, Lightsaber(Darksaber), Lightsaber(Shoto), Communicator, Ancient Sword hilt, Glowrod, Forcereader

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:19 am

"Aye, that there is. Quite evident by the refugee camp we are standing in." Z added with a slight smile, be thought she had lost her sarcastic attitude, it seemed parts of it remained. "Either way, congratulations on the new Title Layne."

"As for me, I'm here to help with the war effort where I can, and maybe see if I can help the refugees and resistance as well." He looked around the camp. "Seems like they could use it."
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Hamelin » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:29 am

<Okar showe losc forme fok gloc vas foe don qi qi ond> Hamelin offers.
"If you have any questions feel free to ask."

<Fasf lofel cofle cook seoc eril bum eup>
"I shall bring praise and blessings of death to this battle. Once it is over many shall rejoice."
Carries: Ammonia Breath Respirator, Armoured Robes, Backpack, Lightsaber, Load Bearing Gear, Scanner Goggles, Spacesuit, Thermal Cloak, Thermal Detonator, Utility Belt
Hamelin

Postby Layne Hoshin » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:46 am

"It's not really a..." she brought a hand up to her temple, realizing that explaining would just be a pain. And then the gand said his words, and now her hand was rubbing her temple as well as she looked at him with an odd look for a moment.

"..."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Hamelin » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:05 pm

<Helf hem wope fik runm click quo fon duno upen litchen stein> Hamelin opens his arms out in a grand gesture like he is delivering a sermon.
"Death is nothing to fear. It is part of the natural cycle. From death, life gets stronger and new life grows. Things must die in order for something new to take its place."
Hamelin

Postby Layne Hoshin » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:10 pm

"Funny, nobody I ever killed thought it was a blessing."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:36 pm

"I've seen someone that looked fulfilled in death before." Z murmured after a moment. "I think that's a rare thing though."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Hamelin » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:36 pm

Hamelin continues <Grik wok gone quikler comoq eico plem checr shinbo suqo cume.>
"Death is the healer of the sick. Friend of to the down trodden. The ultimate fairness. It comes to all. Rich, poor, old, everyone and everything accepts its embrace when the time comes.

Like the ending of a holo-movie. Death highlights all the glory that the person held in life."
Hamelin

Postby Layne Hoshin » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:39 pm

She looked profoundly skeptical. Some of what the gand was saying sounded like Jedi philosophy... but there were some odd notions sprinkled in there.

"Whatever. Death isn't that poetic. It's rarely fair. And sometimes it isn't even final."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Hamelin » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:49 pm

<Soke fup winem sueb tupa gleem old qine cunum win> Hamelin retorts.

"Life is not fair. They are people living in luxury while children go hungry in the streets. Death is final. Anything that tries to avoid it. I bring the blessings and deliver a final rest."
Hamelin

Postby Layne Hoshin » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:24 am

"Death is *not* final," she said... oddly with some finality to the words. "Trust me on that."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Hamelin » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:29 am

<Keon sineq eomn tuo> Hamelin asks.
"What is the story there?"
Hamelin

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:29 am

Zane let the two discuss, whatever it was they were discussing. Taking a slow drag on his cigarette instead. To him death didn't much matter, it would happen to almost everyone eventually.

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Layne Hoshin » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:35 am

"I have seen the wandering spirits of Sith, dead for thousands of years, but in control of their minds, able to interact with the living. I have seen them come back to life. I have seen souls ripped from their bodies and given immortal forms of pain. I'm not being poetic. I have literally seen these things. So I know, death is not final."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Hamelin » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:44 am

Hamelin nods. <Somgome ysone fune somedfil.>
"Abominations. They need to be put into their final rest."
Hamelin

Postby Layne Hoshin » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:49 am

This gand seemed to be suffering from permanent foot-in-mouth disease as far as Layne was concerned.

"Two of them were family," she said, clearly not liking the tone he was striking. "One of them saved my life. The other turned to the Light, and showed me how to help the third pass on from his state of agony. *None* of them were abominations."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:13 am

Z frowned this was really wasn't the place for this. "I don't know about the two of you, but I'm here to see if i can help, not discuss philosophy. Honestly I don't think this is the place for such discussions either. United front and all that."

He took a drag from cigarette. "So if you'll excuse me, I'll see if I can find someone in charge."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Hamelin » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:01 am

Hamelin listens on. <Ohemdem ifje weldem comtum eine onpil>
"Seems to have been quite the experience. I am curious to hear more. Though Berry is correct. We have more pressing matters to worry about."

He nods to Z as he heads off. <Juel cimem psul>
"May the Force be with you."
Hamelin

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:10 am

Berry raised a hand to wave a farewell as he walked deeper into the camp. The jedi would likely be at it for a while yet, even if they both agreed it was talk better left for later.

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Layne Hoshin » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:11 pm

Layne sighed. She felt like she'd suddenly turned into the bad guy again.

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:14 pm

Z didn't really blame the girl, and as he walked away he glanced over his shoulder for a moment. "Didn't you have some business to attend to as well Miss Hoshin?' He asked, the lady shouldn't waste her time worrying after all.

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Layne Hoshin » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:26 pm

"That's right," she said toward him, then turned to her fellow Jedi. "I should get back to it."

Description
Layne Hoshin

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics