Primary Bankor Resistance encampment in the region.

Re: Day 2 MA: Waterworks part 2

Postby Tethys Carrack » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:35 pm

"Only the Force really knows which choices matter more in the long run. The rest of us are just guessing." The welder hisses as Tethys applies it to the next pipe seam. "I don't always succeed in remembering that, though. It's much easier when one is just talking of it abstractly."
Jedi ○ Human ○ Republic Affiliated ○ Tall ○ Profile Link
Obvious accoutrements: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink; backpack and/or Jedi armor when needed; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Layne Hoshin » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:23 pm

"Having their choice matter more than that of some rich powerbroker in the long run doesn't mean much to a poor present living in the present."
Jedi | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Bold | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Apprentice of Balos Tyl | Supposedly dead
equipment: Armored robes, Utility Belt, Stimpacks, Lightsaber(Darksaber), Lightsaber(Shoto), Communicator, Ancient Sword hilt, Glowrod, Forcereader
ship: The 'Sunset Dawn'

"So... Wrath of the Emperor eh? What's that about?"

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Tethys Carrack » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:02 am

"Or the meaning isn't obvious," Tethys agrees--well, semi-agrees--plying her torch busily. "It's hard to be patient enough to wait for the answer to that question. Especially when there are other things to be done." She frowns, switches the torch off, and fiddles with one of the dials on its side.

"So, Bankor. Is that a choice? Or did Master Tyl send you on some business of his?" she asks with a mildly quizzical look as she switches the torch back on again. Whatever her fiddling did, she seems to be satisfied with the result, since she begins applying it to the seam again.
Obvious accoutrements: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink; backpack and/or Jedi armor when needed; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
Tethys Carrack

Postby Layne Hoshin » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:12 am

"I'm following a lead of my own," she said, then pre-empting the expected follow-up question with a "Nothing I can talk about out in the open, or before I've verified things."
Jedi | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Bold | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Apprentice of Balos Tyl | Supposedly dead
equipment: Armored robes, Utility Belt, Stimpacks, Lightsaber(Darksaber), Lightsaber(Shoto), Communicator, Ancient Sword hilt, Glowrod, Forcereader

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Tethys Carrack » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:20 am

Tethys, who has some past experience managing classified information, simply nods in response to this. "I understand. Of course you can call on me any time you need an extra hand." She works a little more with her welder and then adds, lips quirking, "Or even two, if I haven't forgotten my safety lessons with this thing."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Rekara » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 pm

Hamelin wrote:Hamelin looks blankly as Rekara explains her point. He then nods to Z's suggestion. <Asokx aspox em zeroik>
"Refreshments are a nice reward after some hard work. I hope you two have not encountered too much trouble since last time."

"I have been well." She replied, "I have been mostly in the medical tent attending the wounded, and also working on the ties between the Resistance and the Republic, bringing peace between both forces."
Rekara: Force Sensitive | Mon Calamari| Jedi | Healer | Compassionate | Short

Equip: Lightsaber, Holdout Blaster, Armored Robes, Physician's Kit, Comlink, Synthetic Anesthetic, Stimpacks, Backpack

Rekara at your service. Welcome to a day in the life of a Jedi.
Rekara

Postby Layne Hoshin » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:47 pm

Tethys Carrack wrote:Tethys, who has some past experience managing classified information, simply nods in response to this. "I understand. Of course you can call on me any time you need an extra hand." She works a little more with her welder and then adds, lips quirking, "Or even two, if I haven't forgotten my safety lessons with this thing."

She grunted something that seemed like an 'okay'. "How much experience fighting do you have anyway?"

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Tethys Carrack » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:16 am

"Not none." Tethys says with cool composure, seemingly not offended. "I'm not a soldier, and I don't wish to be. But my master was M'ralo, whose vocation is Outer Rim diplomacy. It is not exactly a quiet calling." One corner of her lips twitches up. "You could perhaps say that he was the face, and I was the muscle."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Layne Hoshin » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:21 am

"Not none doesn't say tell me much. What style do you specialize in?"

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Tethys Carrack » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:52 am

"Niman," Tethys simply, figuring further explanation won't be required there.
Tethys Carrack

Postby Hamelin » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:06 am

Rekara wrote:"I have been well." She replied, "I have been mostly in the medical tent attending the wounded, and also working on the ties between the Resistance and the Republic, bringing peace between both forces."

<Asupme cungr ogil cudpd fdunel cpoie kuck sdine> Hamelin replies.
"Healers are always in high demand. Especially at a war front. Thank you for all your hard work."

<Jsuie coikle asdom eupm> He continues.
"How is bridging the Resistance and Republic coming along?"
Gand | Jedi | Ex-Criminal | Apostle of Death | Short
Carries: Ammonia Breath Respirator, Armoured Robes, Backpack, Lightsaber, Load Bearing Gear, Scanner Goggles, Spacesuit, Thermal Cloak, Thermal Detonator, Utility Belt
Ship: Staccato
Hamelin

Postby Layne Hoshin » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:51 pm

Tethys Carrack wrote:"Niman," Tethys simply, figuring further explanation won't be required there.

"Has merits," she said, "though it's too generalized and relaxed. But every form has its flaws. Ultimately what matters in combat more than style is experience and the will to use it."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Rekara » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:05 pm

Hamelin wrote:
Rekara wrote:"I have been well." She replied, "I have been mostly in the medical tent attending the wounded, and also working on the ties between the Resistance and the Republic, bringing peace between both forces."

<Asupme cungr ogil cudpd fdunel cpoie kuck sdine> Hamelin replies.
"Healers are always in high demand. Especially at a war front. Thank you for all your hard work."

<Jsuie coikle asdom eupm> He continues.
"How is bridging the Resistance and Republic coming along?"

"We've only started. It seems like the Resistance has not very much liked our arrival to Bankor. It looks like they have no liking of us, of how late we arrived, and I hear they think they want us to control the planet. It should not be so, we should be here only to assist them in taking their place back, but I wonder if some here are also after having a selected person take control of the place."
Rekara: Force Sensitive | Mon Calamari| Jedi | Healer | Compassionate | Short

Equip: Lightsaber, Holdout Blaster, Armored Robes, Physician's Kit, Comlink, Synthetic Anesthetic, Stimpacks, Backpack

Rekara at your service. Welcome to a day in the life of a Jedi.
Rekara

Postby Tethys Carrack » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:58 pm

Layne Hoshin wrote:"Has merits," she said, "though it's too generalized and relaxed. But every form has its flaws. Ultimately what matters in combat more than style is experience and the will to use it."

"It's versatile. That has suited me well so far." Tethys says over the buzz of the welder. She switches it off and gives the pipe a few thumps with the flat of her hand to see if the join feels solid. "And I understand the dictum that a Jedi should never ignite her lightsaber unless she is prepared to take a life." She cocks an eyebrow. "If we had a pair of training sabers, I would be happy to show you my experience, but I could not guess where to find one on this planet.'
Tethys Carrack

Postby Layne Hoshin » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:14 pm

"Sparring, especially among the Jedi, says very little since you're not fighting with everything you've got."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Tethys Carrack » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:23 pm

"In that case, you have all the information I can offer you," she says, lips quirking again. "You'll have to make your own assessment. Unless you insist on waiting until we're caught in some other fight together." The torch hisses to life again as she touches up a weak spot in the pipe seam. "Jedi support one another, though," she adds, slightly raising her voice again over the extra noise. "That's what we're here for, when it's needed."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Layne Hoshin » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:32 pm

"So they keep telling me," she said, wiping some sweat off her brow, "I'm going to need more time anyhow."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Tethys Carrack » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:39 pm

Tethys nods. "Of course. Just don't forget you have colleagues you can trust." She considers for a few beats before adding, "And be cautious if you venture far from the military's areas of operation. The Empire is interested in this world. Commander Malcolm has turned down their assistance against Clan Kryze, but they may put their fingers in the pot regardless."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Layne Hoshin » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:59 pm

"What's this about the empire?" She seemed to take an interest of herself in that.

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Tethys Carrack » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:16 am

"They've evidently sent a frigate to monitor the region." Tethys puts down her torch and leans in a bit since, while it's not actually classified, this isn't exactly a topic for loud outdoor-voices discussion. "Command received a recorded message from a Sith calling herself Lana Beniko. She offered Imperial military support against Kryze. Of course," she raises an eyebrow, "that would tacitly legitimize the Empire's claim that Bankor is a neutral world, not a Republic one. It's unlikely the people here want that, so it won't happen."

She shrugs one shoulder. "But if they're in the system and want to meddle, I doubt turning down their help will keep them off the planet."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Layne Hoshin » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:54 pm

"She was an aspirant under Darth Xevious, I believe. If she's a proper Sith now, she's probably his apprentice. Funny, if I had taken up his offer, it might've been me sending that message. The man might be a fat worm, but he is a dark councilor and not to be underestimated, and Beniko is just a mouthpiece for him. You can be certain that he has plots within plots going on, and that they will affect operations here no matter what command chooses."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Tethys Carrack » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:32 am

Tethys nods. "Thank you for that information. Very little intelligence about the Sith hierarchy comes my way in my usual duties. No doubt command is aware of the possibilities, but at least the knowledge will help me to watch out in the right places."

((should we work toward wrapping this now it's Day 5? Getting to the point where I'll be in danger of forgetting what I did and didn't know back on D2. :lol: ))
Tethys Carrack

Postby Hamelin » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:44 am

Rekara wrote:"We've only started. It seems like the Resistance has not very much liked our arrival to Bankor. It looks like they have no liking of us, of how late we arrived, and I hear they think they want us to control the planet. It should not be so, we should be here only to assist them in taking their place back, but I wonder if some here are also after having a selected person take control of the place."

<Qi dfijm pasd cime paiole amsmei. Fpeil asdme cipe.>
"They probably don't want outsiders interfering with their plans and don't trust us yet because we are not from here."

<Adopm eiomc eias meoa plwnm efime> He continues.
"We can just keep working together and build up trust slowly as we face challenges together. I imagine that there will be some who are interested in becoming leaders or ones that the people want. It will be up to them to figure out how their policies will be. Hopefully someone good will appear to give the people direction."
Gand | Jedi | Ex-Criminal | Apostle of Death | Short
Carries: Ammonia Breath Respirator, Armoured Robes, Backpack, Lightsaber, Load Bearing Gear, Scanner Goggles, Spacesuit, Thermal Cloak, Thermal Detonator, Utility Belt
Ship: Staccato
Hamelin

Postby Layne Hoshin » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:35 pm

Tethys Carrack wrote:Tethys nods. "Thank you for that information. Very little intelligence about the Sith hierarchy comes my way in my usual duties. No doubt command is aware of the possibilities, but at least the knowledge will help me to watch out in the right places."

((should we work toward wrapping this now it's Day 5? Getting to the point where I'll be in danger of forgetting what I did and didn't know back on D2. :lol: ))

"Uhuh," Layne didn't sound very convinced.

((fine by me))

Description
Layne Hoshin

Previous
Forum Statistics