Primary Bankor Resistance encampment in the region.

Re: Suppertime in the Trenches (D2 EE, Open)

Postby Chase » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:41 am

"Guess that sorta things works on senators and the like then?" she said, leaving the inferences that could be made from such a statement to be made, or not.
Republic | Human | Lieutenant | Fighter Pilot
Heavy Blaster - Datapad - Utiility Belt
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Tethys Carrack » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:15 pm

Tethys shrugs one shoulder, lips still quirking. “Senators are individuals. Just like pilots.”
Jedi ○ Human ○ Republic Affiliated ○ Tall ○ Profile Link
Obvious accoutrements: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink; backpack and/or Jedi armor when needed; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Chase » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:30 am

"No offense Master Jedi, but I still find you rather strange, maybe not so unfamiliar but still damned strange, again.. no offense," Chase said.
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Tethys Carrack » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:12 am

"Well, in time I hope we can convince you otherwise," she says, a musical chuckle bubbling up in her throat.
Obvious accoutrements: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink; backpack and/or Jedi armor when needed; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
Tethys Carrack

Postby Chase » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:20 am

"Maybe you just might," she said with a daring grin that almost took on a tone of a little too much earnestness for such an encounter. Of course, perhaps that was from the simple fact she'd probably never seen a Jedi laugh before.

Chase's trusty companion beeped it's approval, to what, who knew other than a select few.
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Tethys Carrack » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:36 am

"Time and the Force will tell," Tethys says with that annoyingly mysterious Jedi half-smile.

"Oh, who is your friend?" She looks down at the astromech droid, now that it's inserted itself decisively into the conversation for the first time.
Tethys Carrack

Postby Chase » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:43 am

T7 beeped heroically!

"That's T, my partner," she said stepping in such a way that her trust astromech became the center of attention. "Never flown with a better co-pilot and would never trust my life and ship to anyone else to keep us going when the going got tough."
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Tethys Carrack » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:36 am

"Got it," Tethys says with a nod. "Hi, T7." She looks back up from the droid to Chase and adds, "Should I let you be on your way, or would you care to walk around the camp a while with me? I'm trying to get a feel for the local Resistance's situation here."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Chase » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:59 am

"They're more like any other Resistance, but if you want the company Master Jedi, or the protection, I'd be happy to oblige. As much as you might like to argue against the idea, you yourself need to be a bit more careful around these parts than you might be willing to. We might be helping these people here but that doesn't change the fact that these people are desperate and desperate people don't make the best of decisions."
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Tethys Carrack » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:12 am

"Have you seen many Resistances?" Tethys quirks an eyebrow as she sets her feet in motion once more. "In any case, I'm happy for the company, but if your only motive is protection, you need not stay. I can take care of myself. Besides," she gestures gracefully at her dusty brown robes, "I can't imagine I look like a tempting mark."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Chase » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:29 am

"You forget the pride of your order then, if one of them could say they managed to capture a Jedi I'm certain they could find a way to make profit from it," she said bluntly. "I'm sorry if that's much of a surprise to you Master Jedi but the galaxy is far from the way you Jedi want it to be. It's hard, and cruel, and people aim to save themselves from drowning. But, I can be pretty good company too outside of this little humbling of your orders mindset just now, so lets get going," she waved a hand for Tethys to lead the way.

"And, to say on the first bit. Every planet had its own resistance when the Empire came to the neighborhood. Won't ever forget that, even if the politicians right now want to hope for it somehow. I won't forget those evils, never."
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Tethys Carrack » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:16 am

"It's not as bleak as you paint it, either." Tethys shrugs one shoulder. "I have walked alone on many worlds, and only once or twice have I ever encountered some person who wanted to have a try at me because I'm a Jedi. Mandalorians are another story, of course." Two vertical frown lines briefly appear between her brows.

She nods. "Do you come from one of the contested worlds? Peace with the Empire is a considerable good right now, but I don't believe many of the Republic's authorities can truly believe it will last. Not while the Sith rule the Empire... and they would say there's no Empire without them." She makes an open-handed gesture as if casting something away.
Tethys Carrack

Postby Chase » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:44 am

"I've seen enough of the galaxy to know better than to plan for the best case scenario, probably can blame my upbringing across space for that one," Chase said as she hooked a thumb on her belt. "Seen too many world's act the same way to have a chance believing you can trust people to be better."

"Though I wonder if you really know the Imps if you think the only problem with them is their unbenevolent overlords."
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Tethys Carrack » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:46 am

"What is that expression?" She quirks an eyebrow. "Something like, 'dung flows downhill.' It sounds nastier in Ishi Tibrin," she adds, a touch apologetically. "But it is apt. What is set at the top trickles down like poison to those below."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Chase » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:37 am

"Are you trying to tell me that we get rid of the Sith wed find a much friendlier Empire?" Chase asked in such a way that displayed just how ludicrous the idea was to her.

"Sith are probably the only way a non-human can properly rise in that society. Bunch of speciesest sons of.." she remembered she was speaking to a Jedi," kriffheads." Not quite the one to be deterred from making a point.

"You'd sooner have me believe by the end of today you could teach me to move stuff with my mind," she said honestly, the little fire of passion that was lit simmering down.
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Tethys Carrack » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:44 am

"Not like that, no." Tethys shakes her head for emphasis. "Removing the Sith might make the Empire into a better neighbor. Slowly, if it didn't fall apart under its own weight first. But with them in power, it never will be. It can't be."

She shrugs one shoulder slightly. "Are you familiar with their Code? That alone makes the situation quite clear."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Chase » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:48 am

"What are they, a fraternity?" she laughed at the thought.
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Tethys Carrack » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:47 am

"They have a set of beliefs they subscribe to--or at least claim to when it's convenient to have some justification for their preferences." Tethys looks a bit like she's just bitten in to something unpleasant. "Created to be the reverse of the Jedi code, as our archives have it. The first line is 'Peace is a lie,' if that gives you an idea."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Chase » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:57 am

Chase wondered at the expression, it certainly didn't seem so revolting, "That just sounds like a pragmatic view of the galaxy if you're asking me Master Jedi. More often than not when we claim to have a time of peace, that just means there's no wars and really.. it's a lot dirtier than that. Underbellies no one likes to look at."
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Tethys Carrack » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:22 am

"It's not meant as a view of the galaxy, it is meant as a personal mantra. Prescriptive, not descriptive," Tethys explains, perhaps a little too intensely. "By their code, working for peace or seeking to protect it makes you weak, undeserving of power. Sith are supposed to believe the sentient spirit finds fulfillment only in victory--and victories only count if they come at someone else's expense."

She realizes she's been gesturing as she delivered this explanation and casually tucks her hands back into the pockets of her robe. "Perfect peace is difficult, perhaps impossible. But for the greater part of the Empire's ruling class, it's not even desirable. Not within their Empire or outside it."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Chase » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:02 am

"Alright, so the Sith are pretty horrible but that doesn't explain half of what makes the Empire just as bad on their own," Chase replied, hooking her thumbs into her belt as she took a casual step to the side to get a little more motion in her step. "As far as I know, I've heard there are Sith from all sorts of walks of life. If anything unifies them, it seems to be that power and whatnot you're talking about. Imps though? They just put you down because you weren't born Human. "
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Tethys Carrack » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:26 am

Tethys nods. "Even within the Republic that kind of prejudice is not unknown, at least on some worlds. When your Empire's core principle is that might makes right, though, it is that much easier to mistake advantages created by chance for the natural order of things."

Tethys angles to the side to avoid walking across some kind of complicated game some Zabrak and Human children have laid out in the middle of the path, with various container lids and other tokens marking a pattern that only they understand.

"Their Empire was founded by Humans and the Sith species, and so their descendants still rule it. Is it any surprise they assume their species' dominance is rightful instead of a product of circumstance?" She shrugs, pausing to observe the children playing with a watchful expression. "And I suppose having something as obvious as species in common with their masters must help keep the Human citizens in line. Even if they themselves don't rule, they still have someone to dominate."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Chase » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:22 pm

"See, I don't really get that about you Jedi folk, you can always talk up such a huge game of understanding someone and trying to give the Imps some way out of the fault in them that causes them to hate the little guys but you seem to lose that same understanding the moment you start talking about the Sith," Chase says, stepping around a kid that went to run past her legs. A bit awkwardly, not quite the sorta thing she was used to avoiding stepping on.

"And I'm not gonna start preaching about how the Sith might be good too, but really the Empire can't blame the Sith for their lacking sense of morals anymore than anyone else can. Empire is rotten to the core with or without the Sith, they're founded on this idea of control that's completely inhumane and pushes down the little guy in a just as sinister but less overt way than the Sith do it."
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Tethys Carrack » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:28 am

"I don't think we are in disagreement anymore. If ever we were." She smiles slightly as something significant happens in the children's game, spurring a sudden outburst of laughing and whooping. "It's a matter of points of view. You see that the Sith Empire's ideology is rotten and poisons its whole society. I see the dark energy that feeds that ideology, and is fed in turn by the suffering the Empire creates." She shrugs one shoulder. "For most of the Republic, I suspect it makes little practical difference. The conclusions one draws from the two points of view are largely the same."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Chase » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:49 am

"Empire's gotta go down," she said cooly, playing herself up a bit. Perhaps it was for the kids, perhaps it wasn't, but damn something about saying it like that made her feel cool like she should of had shades on or something. Looking off over the kids she stared at the horizon with a smirk for a moment before turning back to the Jedi.

"Sounds about right, Master Jedi? Sith included, of course."
Info - Theme
Chase

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics