Primary Bankor Resistance encampment in the region.

[D3 EE] Officer and a Gentleman

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:40 pm

Sabine stood in her dress uniform, healed up from her injuries, ready for the festivities. As agreed, she stood by, waiting for her CO to join her.
Republic * Sergeant * Soldier * NCO * Confident * Tough * Mandalorian * Human
Carries: Ritual dagger, command insignia, electronic manual
Combat gear: Ritual Dagger, Mandalorian Armor, MK II Paladin, ammo, stimpacks
Languages: Basic, Mando'a
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Re: [D3 EE] Officer and a Gentleman

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:49 pm

It was entirely appropriate as Sabine's superior officer for her and Niall to walk to the concert together. Especially since, in the aftermath of the fighting last night, he wanted to talk to her a bit more. Despite the rather informal sounding nature of the concert, Niall was nevertheless finely arranged in his New Republic dress uniform, the whites and blues shining, freshly cleaned. He even wore a half-cape in the Alderaanian style over his left side, colored in deep blues and greys, matching his uniform and his eyes simultaneously.

His long confident stride slowed as he spotted his XO. And the uniform she wore. His eyes widened ever so slightly. Whoa. Was his first thought. His second thought, a few seconds later, was: I have to see if Aly can get one of those...

"Sergeant." Niall said. He smiled as he swept a graceful bow. "Good evening."
Republic | Human | Captain Alderaan | Inspiring Rhetoric | Nice Cape
Niall Organa

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:55 pm

Sabine turned self-consciously to the dashing captain. I bet he can make a rucksack look good on him.

"Captain." She stood awkwardly. The uniform was something she wasn't used to.
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:09 pm

Niall, on the other hand, was quite used to his dress uniform. And making people feel at ease.

He offered Sabine a reassuring smile. "You look very nice this evening, sergeant. We don't have to wear these sorts of things very often, but I'm rather glad to get the chance from time to time. It lets us see a different side of our fellows. And perhaps show a different side of ourselves." He raised his eyebrows. "What do you think?"
Niall Organa

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:20 pm

Sabine smiled nervously. "That s quite the profound point Captain. At the same time, I hope I don't have to run in this. It itches in places I would rather not mention in public." She frowned. Sometimes the Mando Mercenary shone through apparently. "Still, I figured we managed to libreate the region, so giving it our due should be the minimum."
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:39 pm

Niall's mouth opened, then shut. He was not going to ask.

Instead, smiling, he gestured down the path with open palm. "Well then. Let's walk very slowly. That suits me fine. I'm glad for the company."

He drew alongside her, offering his arm. "On Alderaan, it would be entirely proper to walk like this. In the Republic military..." His lips quirked. "It should still be acceptable."
Niall Organa

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:45 pm

Sabine tentatively accepted his arm. "From what I heard, Alderaan seems nice, if I may say so sir." She walked alongside him, but let him lead. He was the CO after all.
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:14 am

He was all too happy to lead, offering a sedate pace. "Indeed." Niall sighed. "It is very pleasant. If you are fond of natural beauty, there is a great deal of it to be found there. Mountains, forests, lakes..." His lips quirked. "My family has a lakeside estate. In the forest. On a mountain. I suppose that's all three, isn't it?"

He shot her a quick glance as they walked along. "It is also very peaceful. That's not for everyone." He was silent a moment. "And not many Alderaanians join the military."
Niall Organa

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:06 pm

Sabine smiled. "That sounds... wondrous. My childhood was full of strip clubs and battles." She accepted the arm awkardly, and followed him along.

"What made you join, sir?"
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:52 pm

Niall shot her a quick glance, his brows drawing down. "I've read your file. It mentioned your father's line of work. It left out the strip clubs." His frown deepened; for a moment, it looked like he was about to say something, but he shook his head.

"Mmmm." Niall was silent for a few moments, their footsteps and the vague bustle of the camp the only sounds that could be heard. "Obligation, I suppose. As an Organa, I have a duty to my House, to my people, to Alderaan..." His lips quirked. "It's not always easy to tell what that means. But with the Sith Empire attacking, I believed that sooner or later, war would come to my home. I thought perhaps I could stop that."

His lips quirked again, widening into a wry smile. "Is that hubris, do you think?"
Niall Organa

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:04 am

Niall Organa wrote:Niall shot her a quick glance, his brows drawing down. "I've read your file. It mentioned your father's line of work. It left out the strip clubs." His frown deepened; for a moment, it looked like he was about to say something, but he shook his head.

"Mmmm." Niall was silent for a few moments, their footsteps and the vague bustle of the camp the only sounds that could be heard. "Obligation, I suppose. As an Organa, I have a duty to my House, to my people, to Alderaan..." His lips quirked. "It's not always easy to tell what that means. But with the Sith Empire attacking, I believed that sooner or later, war would come to my home. I thought perhaps I could stop that."

His lips quirked again, widening into a wry smile. "Is that hubris, do you think?"

"It's not something I went into great detail during recruitment." She smiled as she walked awkwardly alongside her CO. "It sounds noble. You wanted to help. For your actions to matter. To protect someone. Your family." There might have been a hint of jealousy in her voice. "I can empathize with most of that."
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Niall Organa » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:03 am

"Most of that?" Niall asked gently. He had read her file. He knew what she meant... or at least he thought he did.

He cleared his throat. "But yes. That's mostly it. The legacy of House Organa is one of service. I wanted to serve somehow..." He chewed his lip a moment. "Did you ever think of doing something else? Besides be a soldier?"
Niall Organa

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:15 am

“Does mercenary count? Honestly, I only knew this my whole life. I guess sometimes I am fed up, but othrr times...” she shrugged. “I appreciate that I am good at it. And sometimes I enjoy the challenges.”
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Niall Organa » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:31 am

Niall's lips quirked. "For purposes of my question, yes. But not for every question. If that makes sense. There's a lot of soldiers that wouldn't be happy with being called a mercenary. I don't know if that goes the other direction, too."

Still walking, he gave her a nod. "That's my impression, too. There are those that I think shouldn't spend too long in the military; it's not good for them. And there's only so much we can ask people to give. But others... I think they can be in the military for their entire life. And I think you just may be the latter."

He gave her another nod. "It's good to be able to tell which is which."
Niall Organa

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:31 pm

“That does sound like me, yeah. Which one are you, sir? If I may ask”
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Niall Organa » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:32 am

Niall looked at Sabine as they walked. One eyebrow edged upward, his lips quirking into a hint of a smile.

"What would be your evaluation, sergeant?" He asked.
Niall Organa

Forum Statistics