Republic Encampment

Re: [Day 4 - Mid Evening] Command Staff Briefing II

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:02 pm

“I am calling into question your reasoning,” he agreed. “How do you define what is ‘right’? Was it ‘right’ to come to the aid of Rygor’s resistance forces, knowing that we did not have the manpower to assault Camp 43-Besh? If ‘right’ is helping people, how do you choose which ones to help? Why is it more ‘right’ to go to Flogston? Why are the pit fighters there more worthy of aid than the Aznuri Monks? Do better, Lieutenant, there’s an entire planet on the line.” Cole was straight-backed and calm, he hoped Chase learnt something from this discussion.
Galactic Republic Navy | Captain | Surgeon | Human | Profile | Avatar | Theme2
GEAR: Diagnostic Spectacles, Heavy Clothing, Custom Expanded Medpac, Mini-Med Droid, Datapad, Flask.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

"It's too late for a revolution. Brace for the final solution."
Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Chase » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:09 pm

"I think I made myself perfectly clear when I explained this to you all, but maybe I need to again? These people, the pit fighters, were forced into this position and will remain there long after we free Bankor from the Tin-Cans because they're the prisoners of the Hutts. Maybe you need to remember what things are like on the ground and not floating about in your head of numbers and not people, huh? We're the only ones who can help these fighters. If not us, no one else is coming for them. This is their only chance. We are their only chance. Unless you intend to fight the Hutt cartels when we get done here? No? Didn't think so."
Republic | Human | Lieutenant | Fighter Pilot
Heavy Blaster - Datapad - Utiility Belt
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:52 pm

"The entire planet was forced into this position. As Senator Durasay quite rightly points out, we cannot fight a war on two fronts. We cannot afford to take on the Hutts with the Mandalorians still at our backs. Perhaps you are forgetting what I actually do here. I am a surgeon. I have never dealt in numbers and logistics, but I can assure you I have been a lot closer to the people affected by this battle than you ever will be."

Cole lowered his voice, his icy blue-grey eyes hard, "I have ripped men and women like you back from death itself. I remember. I remember very well what things are like on the ground."
GEAR: Diagnostic Spectacles, Heavy Clothing, Custom Expanded Medpac, Mini-Med Droid, Datapad, Flask.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:00 am

Well, this was awkward. She couldn't tell her superiors that it was best to move on for now... or...?

The young woman cleared her throat. "We all want to help the people here." Her tone was slightly shy of an exclamation mark. "That is indeed the foundations of the Republic. But we need to consider how we can help as many as possible... it's hard to make these choices, I know, I see the numbers everyday and they're always more than just numbers to me, but we have to stay focused."

She gave a pleading look to the two officers.

"... What do we know about these monks?" she asked, hoping it could steer the conversation a bit away from the arguing.
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Postby Chase » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:05 am

Chase clearly had more to say but she kept her mouth shut for the moment, watching the room to see just how far spread that sentiment was.
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:09 am

Cole didn't spare a glance for the chipper sergeant, but looked expectantly to Commander Malcolm in anticipation of an answer.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Jace Malcom » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:11 am

Jace nodded towards Doctor Rexa and said, “Doctor, this is your area of specialty.”
Republic Commander | Special Forces | War Hero | Heavily Scarred | Human

Played by Dapper Dog
Jace Malcom

Postby Vasir Rexa » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:17 am

“Of course sir, the Aznuri Monks are a sect of Force Users who don’t follow the normal paradigm set forth by the Sith and Jedi, the Force is neither light or dark to them. It simply is and they are conduits of the Force’s expression which they call the Way. They don’t utilize lightsabers and prefer unarmed combat for their martial training. They don’t get involved with the local populace which is why they established a temple way out in the Viridian Sea,” Doctor Rexa explained.

“Right on the bones of what may have been a Jedi temple in the past.”
Field Scientist | Doctor | Imperial Accent | Beautiful | Intelligent | Human

Played by Dapper Dog
Vasir Rexa

Postby Baesal Zyn » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:20 am

Baesal was there but had chosen to remain quiet for the moment. She would have chimed in then but the young officer asked the question she would have...and Doctor Rexa had something interesting to say

Plus there is the dark place to deal with
Jedi- Togruta - Tinkerer - The Tentacle Entente? - Student of Master Raji Xen - 'splosions! -
Visible equipment: Heavy clothes, utility belt, googles, backpack, Soho lightsaber: The silver bladed ''Memory'', The red Ionblade ''The little sister'', lightshield, chromed cyberarm (left)
"Could I have been wrong?" -Baesal Zyn
Often seen with R5-T8: her droid assistant
Baesal Zyn

Postby Durasay Mixo » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:34 am

Now, that is very interesting...

Durasay had been tempted to exert some authority to end the argument then and there, but the sergeant had spoken her mind, and it seemed the good doctor and the lieutenant had at least calmed down. For now. He was sure that argument was only the beginning, because he could sympathize with both. He didn't like the thought of leaving anyone behind, but the resources just weren't there. It was a tactical decision.

Not a humane one.

"In their distress call, were the Aznuri indicating what the Mandalorians were doing? If the actions at the museum were any indication, if we do not intervene there, that is timeless knowledge that would be wiped away, without a memory. I don't think that's something we could afford to lose."

And I very much would like to get a chance to look at that temple myself.
Pantoran | Peacekeeper | Senator | Commanding Presence | Field Commander | Tough | Enhanced Leader | Strong in the Force
Carries: Paired Heavy Blaster Pistols w/ Bantha Eye Lasersight | Vibrosword (+1 Melee Defense) | Utility Belt with gear | Heavy Battle Armor (1/1 Defense)
Languages: Basic, Huttese, Mando'a, Pantoran

"We won't leave anyone behind."
Durasay Mixo

Postby Jace Malcom » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:36 am

"We don't have Intel on that sector yet to know for sure," he said honestly. "Seems a bit out of the way, but at this point all options are on the table."

Played by Dapper Dog
Jace Malcom

Postby Leontyne Saresh » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:39 am

Saresh just sighed and said, “We have a duty to the people to root any Imperial incursion. I will support any decision made but I know where I would put our resources.”
Republic | Senator of Bankor | Armed | Politician | Twi'lek

Played by Dapper Dog
Leontyne Saresh

Postby Durasay Mixo » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:44 am

No intel. And we don't have resources to spare for a recon flight.

"Then anything on Flogston? We broke the Blockade, don't we have enough fighters to engage and begin to command air superiority?" He asked, without anger or questioning in his voice. "I understand our resources are thin, but we've brought pilots, and fighters. As I mentioned at our last briefing, the gunships are a threat, shouldn't we begin taking down their launch points?" He turned to face the room more fully, giving a nod to Chase, then to the rest of the room.

"A ground war can't be won on any front unless we can stop aerial harassment."
Pantoran | Peacekeeper | Senator | Commanding Presence | Field Commander | Tough | Enhanced Leader | Strong in the Force
Carries: Paired Heavy Blaster Pistols w/ Bantha Eye Lasersight | Vibrosword (+1 Melee Defense) | Utility Belt with gear | Heavy Battle Armor (1/1 Defense)
Languages: Basic, Huttese, Mando'a, Pantoran

"We won't leave anyone behind."
Durasay Mixo

Postby Jace Malcom » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:53 am

Jace said firmly, “The Mandalorian air defenses have been more substantial than expected. Valiant Star has been able to hold the system but they can’t both patrol the system and maintain a firm control of local Bankor space.”

“Viridian Sea was never on our radar until this message there are very little civilian settlements if any in that region of any substantial size. Flogston we have details on, Mandalorians have turned the region into a hunting preserve and left control to an ex-pitfighter. I would expect a high concentration of trained beasts for warfare and combat.”

“We are hitting their deployment zones but, the Mandalorians have had months to plunder the resources of the local defense forces.”

Played by Dapper Dog
Jace Malcom

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:54 am

Cole ran a hand through his hair, listening with interest as they discussed the actual resources they had, absorbing the information.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Rekara » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:44 am

Rekara was there, listening on everything, specially to the words of the Doctor Vasir Rexa. If there was a Jedi cult that was something of her interest, something that tickled her floating bladder and made her want to o herself and figure out what was going on. But the jedi Mon Cal was a shy one, one who did not know how to talk in public, so she remained in silence in the back rows of the command brief.
Rekara: Force Sensitive | Mon Calamari| Jedi | Healer | Compassionate | Short

Equip: Lightsaber, Holdout Blaster, Armored Robes, Physician's Kit, Comlink, Synthetic Anesthetic, Stimpacks, Backpack

Rekara at your service. Welcome to a day in the life of a Jedi.
Rekara

Postby Naya Qyen » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:10 am

Lt. Qyen came rushing in and said, “Sir… I… I just came back from my recon and was told to report to you directly. If this is a bad time, it can wait.”
Redshirt | Human | Republic | Pilot
Naya Qyen

Postby Jace Malcom » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:12 am

Jace hoped it was the good news he was waiting for and said, “No, it just better be good news Lieutenant.”

Played by Dapper Dog
Jace Malcom

Postby Naya Qyen » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:19 am

“Of course sir, I finished recon of sector 43G, and the Intel was right… there is a palace out there, high security with a force field dome. I took some recon imagery and he is there, Varo Kryze,” the woman replied with excitement.

OOC: Event unlocked on Day 5 due to Aran’s info. It will be dangerous, maybe even suicidal.
Redshirt | Human | Republic | Pilot
Naya Qyen

Postby Jace Malcom » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:20 am

Jace brought up her imagery and sure enough there is Varo Kryze touring the grounds of this palatial estate in the middle of the black sands desert. He sighed heavily, “We don’t get many opportunities to take the head off the snake like this. This could end the whole conflict.”

Played by Dapper Dog
Jace Malcom

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:23 am

Eeep!

Lyseil felt slightly uncomfortable given she had been speaking with the Kel Dor commander about exactly such a situation earlier, and quickly busied herself with the datapad to update the information to the command-staff's network.
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Postby Chase » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:24 am

Chase stepped forward, "Not the kind of thing you can do without volunteers, but we get those you've got yourself a pilot. Just say the word Commander, I'll be sure to get your team there in one piece. Anything else you need, you've got my wings."
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Baesal Zyn » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:20 pm

Baesal listened to the news and the appearance of the enemy commander and mulled over it.

She raised a hand to get an opportunity to speak

"Yes, it is a unique opportunity...and is likely a trap. The enemy commander is loathesome in many ways but I do not think him careless. He might be trying to goad the republic into an attack."

She crossed her fingers

"If I may ask: is this location of any strategic importance or priority?"
Jedi- Togruta - Tinkerer - The Tentacle Entente? - Student of Master Raji Xen - 'splosions! -
Visible equipment: Heavy clothes, utility belt, googles, backpack, Soho lightsaber: The silver bladed ''Memory'', The red Ionblade ''The little sister'', lightshield, chromed cyberarm (left)
"Could I have been wrong?" -Baesal Zyn
Often seen with R5-T8: her droid assistant
Baesal Zyn

Postby Rekara » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:59 pm

Rekara took the words of her fellow and added something herself, "could this not be a good time to take over strategic areas while the leader is supposedly away? It would at least allow us to know if he is in the area or not."
Rekara: Force Sensitive | Mon Calamari| Jedi | Healer | Compassionate | Short

Equip: Lightsaber, Holdout Blaster, Armored Robes, Physician's Kit, Comlink, Synthetic Anesthetic, Stimpacks, Backpack

Rekara at your service. Welcome to a day in the life of a Jedi.
Rekara

Postby Jace Malcom » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:51 pm

Jace replied, “Intelligence will be assessing those questions as we speak. Master Jedi. As for a trap, it is highly possible at the same time if we skips this opportunity… it is just too good an opportunity to simply ignore.”

Played by Dapper Dog
Jace Malcom

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics