Republic Encampment

Re: [Day 4 - Mid Evening] Command Staff Briefing II

Postby Tethys Carrack » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:22 pm

"Our opponents seem to favor exactly that kind of trap," Tethys speaks up for the first time. "Traps with consequences too important to ignore--the prisoner release this morning, the bombs on unwilling civilians. This one may not have Eralynn Varad's particular sadistic fingerprints on it, but it wouldn't be surprising if Varo Kryze thinks in the same broad terms. At a minimum, whatever plans we lay for this mission must include contingencies for the tactics we've seen them use--stalking goat ambushes, forced choices between the strategic target and the lives of innocents."

The edge of the synthflesh dressing peeping out beneath the collar of her tunic attests to her recent encounter with one such tactic.
Jedi ○ Human ○ Republic Affiliated ○ Tall ○ Profile Link
Obvious accoutrements: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink; backpack and/or Jedi armor when needed; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:26 pm

Lyseil tapped on her datapad. "Nevertheless, if it is a chance to halt the Kryze command chain for a little while, as I expect there will be some collapse in for a short period of time in the eventual death of Varo Kryze before one of his children take over command, we should prepare a strike force to go in. Sending a whole batallion might be too risky if it is indeed a trap, sir. A smaller group might also be able to go undetected of whatever defenses and/or traps the Mandalorians have prepapred."

"I recommend maybe having Spitfires near and prepped to provide coverfire in case the strike team need a quick extraction."
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Postby Leontyne Saresh » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:16 am

Saresh agreed and said, "We have to act but a prudent action is best. Our goal still needs to be seizing their command position, not just removing House Kryze."
Republic | Senator of Bankor | Armed | Politician | Twi'lek

Played by Dapper Dog
Leontyne Saresh

Postby Durasay Mixo » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:26 am

"If I were the enemy." Durasay paced for a moment, considering the options. "This is exactly the type of bait I would lay out for a group that has been horrified by suicide bombers and cruel games of 'release the prisoners'." The tall Pantoran turned to more fully address the room.

"If this is a trap we are contemplating, then we need to authorize strategic use of high yield weaponry." Durasay looked to the Commander. "Baradium Charges. Thermal Detonators. Proton Mines. You want him and his command staff down, we need to make sure that enough firepower is taken in by a small enough group to level that building, and glass the sand around it."

Addressing the room more fully. "Removing their commander, though, won't really destabilize them. The chain of command within a Mandalorian Crusading Force, as laid out by Cassus Fett two thousand years ago, doesn't break down with the death of a commander. This is a mission that the potential cost in our own manpower, might not equal what we would do to them."
Pantoran | Peacekeeper | Senator | Commanding Presence | Field Commander | Tough | Enhanced Leader | Strong in the Force
Carries: Paired Heavy Blaster Pistols w/ Bantha Eye Lasersight | Vibrosword (+1 Melee Defense) | Utility Belt with gear | Heavy Battle Armor (1/1 Defense)
Languages: Basic, Huttese, Mando'a, Pantoran

"We won't leave anyone behind."
Durasay Mixo

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:48 am

Lyseil looked at her datapad to see what they had on hand of that sort of stuff. If it was limited, they couldn't blow it all on a trap...

And then they would need a proper sabotage team that knew how to rig explosives.
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Postby Chase » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:11 am

"I'm getting tired of hearing this from this group, people gathered her are supposed to be the leaders of the Republic, we are the Republic dammit. Why don't we focus a little more on how we can help the people of Bankor than tossing aside every good idea on why we can't do it?"

Chase stepped forward and looked at each and every set of eyes, "Alright, I've seen it. The people of this planet aren't losing hope... they've lost it, they've none left and we're not coming to help them fast enough. If it's this, or something else just as important like saving the hutt prisoners, we need to show the people of Bankor that we're here. They need a win, a win that stops them from sacrificing anymore than they already have needlessly. These people are broken, and we need to show them they've still got hope."

"These people need to know that we are here, the Republic is here for them."
Republic | Human | Lieutenant | Fighter Pilot
Heavy Blaster - Datapad - Utiility Belt
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Baesal Zyn » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:06 pm

Baesal lightly drummed her fingers on the table before speaking

"I do not believe then to be broken. If they were, they would not have kept fighting the occupation force for so long. We are here to help and no one here ever said otherwise...but helping them requires more then bravado."

She paused looking towards the commander

"The resistance's current main concern is the reestablishment of contact with the local branch of the resistance...is there any news on that front?"
Jedi- Togruta - Tinkerer - The Tentacle Entente? - Student of Master Raji Xen - 'splosions! -
Visible equipment: Heavy clothes, utility belt, googles, backpack, Soho lightsaber: The silver bladed ''Memory'', The red Ionblade ''The little sister'', lightshield, chromed cyberarm (left)
"Could I have been wrong?" -Baesal Zyn
Often seen with R5-T8: her droid assistant
Baesal Zyn

Postby Chase » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:18 pm

"It's in my report, but, since Master Jedi over here doesn't believe them to be broken allow me to inform you of a few things. Someone has been convincing these people to strap bombs to themselves and running into Mandalorian positions, now tell me if that doesn't sound like a broken people I don't know what will convince you folk otherwise?" Chase said, her voice raised and very much willing to fight for these people.

"If you think I'm only speaking from Bravado, you're dead wrong and more out of touch with these people you claim to be wanting to help than you thought. The rest of the resistance is gone except for two, and a third who's guilty enough to run away."
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Jace Malcom » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:31 pm

Jace frowned and then said, “Broken… is debatable, desperate… then yes. It is a repugnant tactic but they are not the first group of insurgents to utilize such terror tactics. We knew the situation in this region was grim, now we know how grim.”

“We will do what we can to get the Resistance back on their feet, give them some hope and more honorable tactics.”
Republic Commander | Special Forces | War Hero | Heavily Scarred | Human

Played by Dapper Dog
Jace Malcom

Postby Baesal Zyn » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:19 pm

While the Togruta was surprised at the news that the resistance started these terror tactics, she was also highly annoyed by the pilot's attitude.

She understood where it came from thought so she just chose to pass it over

"Is it possible to get the report on this rogue leader and the local resistance? I would like to talk to the brothers about this subject."

She looked down at her notes

"Then there is this Huya Vy person...Yanos seems to think that she is ready to help our side but would only deal with the republic."
Jedi- Togruta - Tinkerer - The Tentacle Entente? - Student of Master Raji Xen - 'splosions! -
Visible equipment: Heavy clothes, utility belt, googles, backpack, Soho lightsaber: The silver bladed ''Memory'', The red Ionblade ''The little sister'', lightshield, chromed cyberarm (left)
Baesal Zyn

Postby Leontyne Saresh » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:22 pm

The senator chimed in, “We don’t need thugs like Huya associated with the Republic. She was a problem before the coming of the Mandalorians, crime boss, though we could never get anything to stick. Just as bad as my predecessor, maybe worse. I say we find other allies.”

Played by Dapper Dog
Leontyne Saresh

Postby Chase » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:35 pm

Chase only nodded to the commander of this operation, holding her tongue a bit on what she knew about the difference between desperate and broken.

"I have a name for the man we had found, it's in the report as well but I'd like to hear for myself more about him. If Senator Saresh would he kind enough to give me some time, I'd ask her about this tomorrow."

"You as well Master Jedi, if you've got someone to ask about these people I'd be there to hear about it, so bring me along and you'd have all the information on it you need."

"I think everyone would also sleep a little easier if we limited the number of allies we seek among the underbelly of the galaxy. I know I would."
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Baesal Zyn » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:02 pm

Baesal nodded as she listened to the senator's words but she was perplexed by the lieutenant's demands. If pressed, *no* would be the answer

''I was told she was a bad deal but I was not made aware it was to such an extent.'' she paused for a thought ''Still...some in the resistance wants to deal with her for supplies, armament and manpower. Even if we do not deal with her they may do it behind our backs.''

She looked between Saresh and Malcom

''Any idea on how to discourage that?''
Baesal Zyn

Postby Chase » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:07 pm

Stiffed, Chase hadn't thought the Jedi to be a testy bunch but apparently Layne was right, Jedi weren't exactly sending all of their best. Crossing her arms and standing back she only watched the remainder of the proceedings, for now at least.
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Jace Malcom » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:13 pm

“We can’t stop them if they decide to act on their own,” Jace said.

Played by Dapper Dog
Jace Malcom

Postby Tethys Carrack » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:02 am

Tethys speaks up in a cool, calm voice. "Who is this Huya Vy? This is the first time I've heard the name. But it seems some of you are familiar with her."
Obvious accoutrements: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink; backpack and/or Jedi armor when needed; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
Tethys Carrack

Postby Chase » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:05 am

"Know one crime boss and you know 'em all, as far as I'm concerned," Chase said, not quite making an address as thinking aloud. Though she wasn't the type to be quiet about her shared thoughts either
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Leontyne Saresh » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:13 am

Tethys Carrack wrote:Tethys speaks up in a cool, calm voice. "Who is this Huya Vy? This is the first time I've heard the name. But it seems some of you are familiar with her."

“Agreed Huya Vy is a criminal, her people have control of a whole city and as long as she pays the Mandalorians they let her run the place like her own personal kingdom. We start working with her kind and we lose any credibility of the moral high ground,” she said disgusted.

Played by Dapper Dog
Leontyne Saresh

Postby Durasay Mixo » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:24 pm

"It wouldn't be the first time the Republic has negotiated with criminals. Barely under two years ago, Hutts were negotiated with in the aim of helping secure a peace treaty. We can't say we would lose credibility now, and pretend that what we've done in the past doesn't exist." He looked to his fellow senator.

"With all due respect, criminal bosses will always be there. Dealing with one we know, is always better than an unknown." Durasay smiled.

"I can understand why you wouldn't want to be seen dealing with such. Not all of us can be the 'Mud Dog' Senator that our colleague from Coruscant is. However..." he brought his hand to his chin.

"Amongst our irregulars, I saw someone who could be asked to speak with her. Zanebry Vareliss."
Pantoran | Peacekeeper | Senator | Commanding Presence | Field Commander | Tough | Enhanced Leader | Strong in the Force
Carries: Paired Heavy Blaster Pistols w/ Bantha Eye Lasersight | Vibrosword (+1 Melee Defense) | Utility Belt with gear | Heavy Battle Armor (1/1 Defense)
Languages: Basic, Huttese, Mando'a, Pantoran

"We won't leave anyone behind."
Durasay Mixo

Postby Leontyne Saresh » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:40 pm

Senator Saresh responded, “The Hutt Consortium is a legitimate governing system covering several worlds, the Hutt Cartels are the criminal element. The Republic negotiated with the Empire and the Hutt Consortium was kind enough to allow their space be used as neutral ground.”

“I don’t know this Mud Dog senator,” she said gesturing as if it didn’t matter and then continued, “I think we should table this discussion as it is tertiary to our focus.”

Played by Dapper Dog
Leontyne Saresh

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:43 pm

Lyseil cleared her throat. "The Republic Army Regulations cannot condone cooperation with known criminals, since Bankor is a Republic world and falls under Republic laws and jurisdiction."

But what people did off-the-books, or what the External Assets did, well, the Army couldn't keep tabs on everyone, she thought!
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Tethys Carrack » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:03 pm

Tethys speaks up in her cool, carrying alto. “There is another matter we should consider. If this one is resolved for now.”
Tethys Carrack

Postby Jace Malcom » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:28 pm

Tethys Carrack wrote:Tethys speaks up in her cool, carrying alto. “There is another matter we should consider. If this one is resolved for now.”

“Go ahead, master Jedi,” Jace said.

Played by Dapper Dog
Jace Malcom

Postby Tethys Carrack » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:41 pm

Tethys nods. "Thank you, commander." She steps a little closer to the central space so that it's easier for others to see and hear her.

"Eralynn Varad. The woman responsible for the mass murder of prisoners this morning, and for coercing civilians into suicide bombings by threatening their families." She looks around the room with a steady gaze. "She's associated with Clan Kryze, but by all appearances she has broad leeway to do as she pleases, and she uses it to commit acts of shocking cruelty. Her stated motive is to draw the Republic forces into combat--but we are here now, and she continues to torment innocents from the shadows rather than facing us."

She cocks her head at the Commander and the other Republic officers, right on down to Chase and Lyseil. "What resources can the Strike Force devote to stopping Varad? Doing so would clearly be a boon to the citizens of Bankor. If you're looking for goodwill and good deeds, this is an obvious one."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Jace Malcom » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:51 pm

"What resources would you need, master Jedi?" Jace asked.

Played by Dapper Dog
Jace Malcom

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics