Republic Encampment

Captain Alderaan's Sidekick: Sergeant Darling! (D5LM Closed)

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:02 pm

Lyseil chewed on her lower lip as she went over the files. There was still some she was catching up on from the beginning of the campaign, and then there was the nagging suspicion that there were some rotten eggs in the basket somewhere.

With a sigh, she refilled her cup of kaff and took a break from the trail of paperwork. "Note: speak to Quartermaster Badera later about details, and... whoever is in charge of the Resistance's supplies to cross-reference," she dictated to the program on her datapad that she used for personal assistance. Casually adding copious amounts of sugar and cream to her kaff, she dictated a message to Niall.

To: Capt. Niall Organa

Need your help!!!!!

Can you stop over at the command center this morning? There's something I'm looking into that I want, no, need your opinion on!

- Lyseil
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Re: Captain Alderaan's Sidekick: Sergeant Darling! (D5LM Clo

Postby Niall Organa » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:48 pm

With that many exclamation points, Niall knew that it must be important. He made his way over to the command center, chuckling and smiling as he did so. He found himself rather looking forward to Lyseil's cheerful enthusiasm again.

He strolled into the command center, pausing a moment to hang up his thermal cloak. It was still early enough, and his shower recent enough, that his appearance was crisp and clean, the fine lines of his uniform on display.

He turned to Lyseil, giving her a nod and a smile. "Sergeant Panteer. It's good to see you again." He'd already had his kaff, but that didn't keep his nose from twitching at the scent of a fresh pot...
Republic | Human | Captain Alderaan | Inspiring Rhetoric | Nice Cape
Niall Organa

Postby Dapper Dog » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:56 pm

T7-E2 rolled in beeping excitedly, “T7 = Great news! Mission//Ready. Kaff = Unhealthy. Data//Received//Ready.”

Then T7 spun in a circle and then beeped with confusion, “T7 = Conflicted.”
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:49 pm

"Captain Organa, good morning!" Lyseil stood up, saluting to the higher-ranking officer, before being thoroughly distracted by the beeps and boops of T7. "Oh! Who's you're friend here"?

She unconsciously straightened her uniform-jacket, which fit her perfectly.
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:50 pm

Niall's lips pressed together for just a moment. "Oh. Uh. Lyseil, this is T7-E2. T7. T7, this is Sergeant Lyseil Panteer." For a moment, it looked like he was about to say more, but his lips pressed together again. He returned Lyseil's salute somewhat absently.

He gave T7 a nod. "Conflicted? That doesn't sound good." Niall frowned. "What's wrong?"
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:11 pm

"I'm all ears," she gave a nod indicating that what she had to say could wait until T7 could say his piece. "Go ahead, T7!"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Dapper Dog » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:12 pm

T7 replied, “Data = received. Intelligence = Reviewed. Agents = Scrubbed. Expected. Name = Added. Unexpected. Compared//Original = Verified. Karthi Hanz = Addition. Ex-Senator//Imperial Sympathizer//Exile. T7 = Conflicted.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Niall Organa » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:30 pm

"I see." Niall's lips thinned.

He gave Lyseil a quick glance. In truth, he didn't know her all that well. And yet... "Sergeant, I'm going to need your absolute confidence on this. Not a word beyond us."

He looked back to T7. "We need to get some sort of confirmation on that. I'm not painting a target on someone without knowing why."
Niall Organa

Postby Dapper Dog » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:32 pm

"T7 = Agreed," the droid responded with relieved beeps. "Contact//SIS?"
Dapper Dog

Postby Niall Organa » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:38 pm

"Please." Niall said, nodding, with another quick glance at Lyseil.
Last edited by Niall Organa on Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:39 pm

"Yessir!" she nodded. She was used to handling sensitive information as part of her work for the Commander, and if Niall asked her to keep a secret... she would do it for Rayne! "By the blood of the Queen, I will not speak of it to those who are not properly authorized!"

"Uh... It would be really weird if this has to do with what I wanted to talk with you about, but let's do this first!"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Dapper Dog » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:04 pm

“Damn it T7, do you realize what time it is,” Wren uttered rubbing her eyes. “Oh… Niall, this better be good.”

She yawned loudly.
Dapper Dog

Postby Niall Organa » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:08 pm

"Agent Wren." Niall inclined his head. It seemed to be as close as he could get to a bow in normal military contexts.

"I wish I could say it was good." He said, his expression serious. "We recovered the list, and sent it to SIS. We've gotten it back with the proper names scrubbed, but it's also gained one. Karthi Hanz." His lips thinned further. "I need to make sure this is legitimate, and not just someone trying to get someone else to do their dirty work."
Niall Organa

Postby Dapper Dog » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:14 pm

“What… huh? Oh yeah the list, I sent that to Military Intelligence, Colonel Garza’s outfit. Guess they got it back… wait did you say Hanz? Oh man they have been out of the spotlight for awhile, Imp sympathizer.” She responded.

“Not my dirty work at least, betting Garza is hoping the Resistance takes out Hanz. Woe be to him I guess, probably has it coming, still shady.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Niall Organa » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:19 pm

Niall's lips thinned. "'Probably' isn't much for a man's life, Agent. We knew Ras Urdo was guilty for a long time. We still went through the work of gathering evidence before we took him down. If we don't have anything solid on Hanz, I'm going to object."
Niall Organa

Postby Dapper Dog » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:22 pm

“You’re call; just get that list to the Resistance with or without the name. I don’t want to know anymore, you know in case Garza comes breathing down my neck,” she responded.
Dapper Dog

Postby Niall Organa » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:29 pm

"Understood. Thank you, Agent." He offered her a brief smile before the comms terminated.

He didn't need to consider it. "T7, strip the name before sending it along. If we get sufficient cause later, we can add it back in. But for now, I'm not going to accept 'I don't need to know' before taking actions that could lead to a man's death."
Niall Organa

Postby Dapper Dog » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:33 pm

T7 beeped, “Name = Scrubbed. List = Sent. T7//Captain = Good Guys.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Niall Organa » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:37 pm

Niall gave T7 a nod and a smile. "That's right, T7. And it's a pleasure to work with you, as always."

He glanced over to Lyseil. "Ah... I believe the sergeant had some business with me. If you don't mind..." He cleared his throat.
Niall Organa

Postby Dapper Dog » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:48 pm

“T7 = Understand. T7//Leaving. Please//Wait//for//Departure. Mating Ritual = Not//Want//to//SEE,” the droid beeped happily, it spun and then exited the room quickly.

It beeped when outside, “Mating = Go.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:57 pm

Lyseil had watched the interaction with the mysterious Agent Wren quietly, not feeling the need to intrude on a matter she knew nothing about.

"Certainl-- wait, what?!" she blinked dumbfoundly at T7's statement. "Th-th-th-that would be highly against regulations in terms of suitable interactions between two officers of different stations!!"

She puffed her cheeks in annoyance, looking more like some rabbit than an angry sergeant as she reached for the mugs of kaff, offering one to Niall. "No-no, it's certainly not about mating rituals!" The young woman took a deep sip of the sugar-bomb to regain her composure.

"No, it's about some of the more... ahem, shall I say shady characters around camp. Are you familiar with the crew of the Midnight; Jax Dolross and Azura?"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:11 am

Niall reddened, first at T7's words, and then at Lyseil's reaction. "No, no, of course not." He agreed hastily. "I didn't think you were. As you said, it wouldn't be appropriate." He cleared his throat. "And I wasn't trying to... I mean, that's not what I meant either, of course."

He cleared his throat, accepting the kaff, gathering his own composure. "Thank you, sergeant." He murmured with all the dignity he could muster. He took a sip of the kaff, his blush finally clearing.

"Oh?" He gestured for her to go on. "Yes. I'm quite familiar with them. Shady sounds about right." His gaze on her sharpened. "Do you have something to report?"
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:19 am

"Not as such... I mean, that Jax fellow was trying to put on moves, bragging a bit about his way of life and the 'business' he's in. Basically, I asked him straight up if he was a smuggler and a man who did shady jobs and he more or less confirmed it." She frowned slightly. "Azura didn't do much to change my opinion either since she frankly admitted to being uncaring about working together with people or helping others."

Lyseil took another sip of kaff, completely composed again.

"I'm just concerned that they are someone who have come here to take advantage of the operation here, especially in the early stages where there was a lack of communication between the Republic forces and the Resistance."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:35 am

"Putting on moves?" Niall's lips thinned a moment, then he shook his head. "Yes, he implied the same sort of thing to me." Although without putting on moves. "Azura..." He shook his head. "I didn't get a strong impression from her. She was helping to build the water system, although she didn't seem happy about it."

He set down his cup as he looked at Lyseil, his grey eyes serious. "As it happens, they're both persons of interest in a case I've been working. And, just as you said, it's from the early stages of the operation. A group of Resistance soldiers were killed, and a drop meant for them was taken."

Niall grimaced. "So far, we have more hunches than evidence, though."
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:27 am

"That is really-really troubling," her brows furrowed with concern, though she was relieved to know that she hadn't been jumping at shadows with her hunch. "Explains why nothing was turning up missing at least in our logs when I ran a check..."

Lyseil rubbed her neck idly. "What's your hunch been telling you?"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Next
Forum Statistics