Republic Encampment

Re: [D5 ME] Papers please

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:38 pm

Lyseil chuckled warmly. "Alright, alright. I believe you. Sheesh, I was only teasing you a little bit, sergeant!"
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:04 am

Sabine huffed, then tried to smooth her.... tank top. "Not a good joke sergeant. I take my duties seriously." Too seriously. "Do you do this with all other personnel at least? Trying to marry poor Captain off to every sentient you see?" Her tone wasn't fully serious as she spoke.
Republic * Sergeant * Soldier * NCO * Confident * Tough * Mandalorian * Human
Carries: Ritual dagger, command insignia, electronic manual
Combat gear: Ritual Dagger, Mandalorian Armor, MK II Paladin, ammo, stimpacks
Languages: Basic, Mando'a
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:35 am

"Ohoho, goodness, no!" she laughed, shaking her head. "You're the first one who's been commenting on how he was nice and saying 'oh why doesn't he have a girlfriend'," Lyseil shot her a wink.
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:51 am

Sabine was confused, as she thought she was commenting on how he HAD a girlfriend, but the heat probably got to the poor Mando lass ."Erm... well, still my superior, in more ways than one. Eyes are open then, sergeant? You're looking for a nice catch?"
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:12 pm

"What? Me?!" Lyseil eeked out in protest. "Why, I'd never! It would be highly improper to do so with someone who is technically my superior, and we both have to observe the traditions around such according to what is expected of Alderaanian nobles."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:26 pm

"Well, we've settled that then..." Sabine calmed down a bit. "What are the protocols for marriage in Alderaan?"
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:51 pm

"Usually a lot of back and forth between the families, even more so if they're from different houses. It's all very political and full of formality," she rolled her eyes a little. "Especially since the Empire is trying to get its foot in the door on Alderaan too, with some like House Thul bringing them in. It's kind of creating a divide between some houses."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:56 pm

"How does that even work? Here I thought the Mandalorian clans were complicated, but..." She sighed. "this sounds even worse."
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:58 pm

"Does it? Hmmm... I don't know much about Mandalorian customs, but I was led to believe that marriage customs for Mandalorians were actually fairly simple?" Lyseil cocked her head to the side, looking at Sabine with great interest since she might be able to shed more light on the subject!
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:55 pm

Lyseil Panteer wrote:"Does it? Hmmm... I don't know much about Mandalorian customs, but I was led to believe that marriage customs for Mandalorians were actually fairly simple?" Lyseil cocked her head to the side, looking at Sabine with great interest since she might be able to shed more light on the subject!

Sabine shrugged. "I actually have no idea how mandalorian weddings work. I assume it involves a lot of drinking and fighting, like most other Mandalorian topics things."
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:02 pm

Lyseil blinked, not really understanding why Sabine didn't know.

She was Mandalorian. Right. Right???

"Uhm... ok? Uh... I would've thought a Mandalorian would've know...?"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:03 pm

Sabine shrugged. "I was taught how to shoot, how to duel. The important stuff, as my father was fond of saying. I am not too well versed in the cultural side of my heritage." Wow, that seemed to floor the poor woman.
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:08 pm

"Goodness..." Lyseil gasped. How horrible to not know one's heritage and culture!

"I... goodness, that is so sad! I wish I could help, really, but Mandalorian was never the field I studied the most. Everyone should know about their culture and history!"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:17 pm

"...thank you? I mean, I'm learning some new things, but I got by without." The poor woman did not understand the outburst. "It's.. sad? Not really?" She was confused thankfully.
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:19 pm

"But... it's part of your heritage, your identity." Lyseil said with some concern. "I mean, the Kelborn will probably teach you much, but didn't you want to learn more about your own people?"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:23 pm

"My people are razing this planet because about a decade ago people were mean to them here." She shrugged. "My father was exiled because he didn't kill his brother, and never recovered. If the Kryze die here... the galaxy might be better off."
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:25 pm

Lyseil paused a little.

"I'm sure that doesn't apply to all Kryze... I mean, you were a Kryze, and you're here."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:32 pm

"I was a Kryze who was raised completely independently from my clan. As for the rest of the Kryze...they're here, they've taken hostages, and they're alright with human bombs being used in warfare. I am at a loss for much sympathy for them." She shuffled from one feet to the next, nervously.
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:40 pm

"There could be others like you, or Kryze who aren't here because they think it's wrong." Lyseil at least was convinced that an entire Mandalorian clan couldn't be bad.

"Ah... It seems I got a bit off-topic there." She sheepishly rubbed the back of her neck. "I have some texts on Mandalorian history, if that interests you? It's not much, but... I don't know, might be useful for you?"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:41 pm

Lyseil Panteer wrote:"There could be others like you, or Kryze who aren't here because they think it's wrong." Lyseil at least was convinced that an entire Mandalorian clan couldn't be bad.

"Ah... It seems I got a bit off-topic there." She sheepishly rubbed the back of her neck. "I have some texts on Mandalorian history, if that interests you? It's not much, but... I don't know, might be useful for you?"

Sabine simply nodded. "That's okay, I... think I understand your enthusiasm. Sure? Never been much of a reader, but I can give it a try, perhaps?" She sounded unsure, but what the kriff.
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:05 pm

Lyseil picked up her datapad, giving it a few taps as she readied it for link-up to Sabine's. "Never too late to become a reader! Reading is really great, you know - learn all sorts of thing, or just unwind at the end of a long day with a riveting novel."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:22 pm

Lyseil Panteer wrote:Lyseil picked up her datapad, giving it a few taps as she readied it for link-up to Sabine's. "Never too late to become a reader! Reading is really great, you know - learn all sorts of thing, or just unwind at the end of a long day with a riveting novel."

"Riveting. Novel? Is that like a holo that you read? Or?" The idea seemed to strike Sabine dumb.
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:19 pm

"Well... yes? A novel is something you read," she said, almost making her speech slower so that the Mandalorian could understand the Queen's Basic.

"Instead of a movie, you read text."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:20 pm

"Ah.... so like an instruction manual, but the instruction is a... story." She started wrapping her around the idea. "Hrm... I heard of those... any good ones you would recommend?"
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:25 pm

What sort of demented childhood did this woman suffer...

"Well, yes! There's all kinds of things to read... everything from military reports, studies, scientific papers, historical events - which I was suggesting to you earlier, and then there's fiction; stories that play to our imagination. Just like how Galaxy Commando isn't a real thing, just because it's a movie, but you could read stories like that if that's the type of thing you like."

Lyseil maintained her encouraging persona. "I think you could learn much about your people's history and customs from what's been written down."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics