Republic Encampment

Re: [Day 7 - Mid Evening] Command Staff Briefing III

Postby Dapper Dog » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:18 am

The woman is Force Sensitive, but her nature… or perhaps her path is dark and reckless. Aggressive and challenging; there is no peace within her or calm that the Jedi aspire to. No detachment from this world, instead it is very much in the moment and very focused on the self. For the Jedi it is confusing, it is not the dark of the Sith or the usual sickening pull of the Dark Side but at the same time, there is an unpredictably to her connection.

If she represents the Aznuri, then this could be a problem for the Jedi.

OOC: Assuming they attune to the Force, by spending a pip as normal… so using Dark will cause strain they can sense the above.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Durasay Mixo » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:30 am

D7 - ME - Sensing the Sister's Resonance: 2eF 2 Dark Side
ImageImage

Flipping a Destiny, Suffering 2 strain and taking 2 conflict

Durasay had been listening quietly to the woman, as she spoke. Yet, there was something else, beneath it all. Aggression. Raw, unpredictable power. The same that he often felt in himself. He could feel it crawling down the base of his spine as she was a rock thrown into the stream, crashing ripples changing the way the water flowed.

"Honored sister," The Pantoran spoke in fluent In these, watching her closely, "This wayward one. What can you share with us about her? Why has she lashed out?"
Pantoran | Peacekeeper | Senator | Commanding Presence | Field Commander | Tough | Enhanced Leader | Strong in the Force
Carries: Paired Heavy Blaster Pistols w/ Bantha Eye Lasersight | Vibrosword (+1 Melee Defense) | Utility Belt with gear | Heavy Battle Armor (1/1 Defense)
Languages: Basic, Huttese, Mando'a, Pantoran

"We won't leave anyone behind."
Durasay Mixo

Postby Dapper Dog » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:50 am

“It is not known to me, and the others do not speak of it. I only know she has betrayed our ways and she must die, vengeance demands it,” the woman responded in Huttese.

OOC: Using Dark side pip for Success. Advantage for it to be convincing she does not know.

Deception vs. Durasay: 2eP+1eA+1eC+1eD+2eF 1 advantage, 1 Light Side, 1 Dark Side
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dapper Dog

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:14 am

Sabine sat there, listening to the Huttese mumblings of some witch and the Force users. Whee! At least the drugs made that interesting too.
Republic * Sergeant * Soldier * NCO * Confident * Tough * Mandalorian * Human
Carries: Ritual dagger, command insignia, electronic manual
Combat gear: Ritual Dagger, Mandalorian Armor, MK II Paladin, ammo, stimpacks
Languages: Basic, Mando'a
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Durasay Mixo » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:15 am

"Most unfortunate that it is unknown to you. Betrayal can be... a hard thing to deal with." Durasay's face softened slightly, the woman's words planting themselves in his mind. He brought a hand to his chin, thinking deeply. "Do you have any clues as to where we might begin looking for her? To bring this conflict to a resolution, quickly."
Pantoran | Peacekeeper | Senator | Commanding Presence | Field Commander | Tough | Enhanced Leader | Strong in the Force
Carries: Paired Heavy Blaster Pistols w/ Bantha Eye Lasersight | Vibrosword (+1 Melee Defense) | Utility Belt with gear | Heavy Battle Armor (1/1 Defense)

Durasay Mixo

Postby Dapper Dog » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:22 am

“She now controls our temple but the bulk of her allies live in the Blight,” she responded in Huttese.
Dapper Dog

Postby Chase » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:47 am

"Am I the only one picking up the fact this sounds a whole lot like we're being bribed to assassinate someone? Cause that's what I'm gettin' from this and, stop me if I'm wrong, but that doesn't seem at all to me what this Republic came here to do," Chase said, stepping forward and looking at those gathered but focusing lastly on the woman in question.
Republic | Human | Lieutenant | Fighter Pilot
Heavy Blaster - Datapad - Utiility Belt
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Dapper Dog » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:51 am

Chase wrote:"Am I the only one picking up the fact this sounds a whole lot like we're being bribed to assassinate someone? Cause that's what I'm gettin' from this and, stop me if I'm wrong, but that doesn't seem at all to me what this Republic came here to do," Chase said, stepping forward and looking at those gathered but focusing lastly on the woman in question.

“We do not bribe,” the woman said in Huttese looking at Chase. “You give us aid, we kill your enemies, and it is fairly simple. No exchange of coin, we both benefit and are stronger for it.”

“Blood demands blood, it is our Way.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:53 am

Sabine whispered to Niall. "I don't speak Huttese, I just assumed the senator was flirting." Unfortunately, her whisper... wasn't as silent as she thought it was.
Republic * Sergeant * Soldier * NCO * Confident * Tough * Mandalorian * Human
Carries: Ritual dagger, command insignia, electronic manual
Combat gear: Ritual Dagger, Mandalorian Armor, MK II Paladin, ammo, stimpacks
Languages: Basic, Mando'a
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Chase » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:00 am

"You can bri-" Chase pauses for a moment at the comment, adjusts where she held her mug and continued, "You can bribe someone in more than just money and you're coming to us with an offer you know any fighting force needs," Chase said and raised the mug to her lips. Taking a quick drink before finishing, "Let's not avoid calling it what it is. You want the Republic to kill someone for you, someone you can't and then promise something in return. Sounds like a paid hit, even if the payments changed."
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Garth Wayne » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:04 am

"Ummmm Tenant, how's us liberating these natives from a tyrant any different from liberating the other natives of Bankor from the Mando army?"

Garth asks with genuine curiosity, even though he knew he would cop it from her later.
Republic * Human * Pilot * Force Sensitive * Adrenaline Junkie
Languages: Basic (Speaks and understands), Binary (Understands only)
Standard Gear: Republic Uniform (Padded Armour), DR-45 Dragoon, Comlink, Bike Keys, Backpack, green crystal necklace, Aznuri Necklace
Combat Gear: Shockrider Crash Suit, as above + Extra Reload + Crash Survival kit
Garth Wayne

Postby Dapper Dog » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:05 am

The woman shrugged speaking in Huttese, “You are soldiers, killing is what you trained to do, and it is your Way, yes? We see no problem with this. If you are coward, you do not need to aid us. Many soldiers are cowards at heart.”

She then focused on the group, “We do not take offense but if Republic is not here to fight our enemies, then we see no reason to kill your enemies.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Chase » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:14 am

Chase gave Garth a quick glare, bit her tongue. Not here, later. Was all she had to think to herself. Looking to the woman for a moment before turning her attention to the rest of the command staff, in the end it wasn't her call to make, "I don't think I have anything more to say. Everyone here's seen what she's offering, what she's asking us to do."
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Layne Hoshin » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:15 am

Layne could sense the woman's attunement to the Force... and found it much more familiar than other Jedi likely would. It felt nostalgic, almost. Like her own relationship with the Force before she became a Jedi; when the Sith tried and failed to turn her to their way of thinking. And this blight spoken of... that too reminded her of things. She had a pretty good idea what the source was.

Her contemplations allowed the conversation to pass her by for a bit before she forced herself back into the moment.

"There was a time I would've laughed at myself for saying this, but the Jedi avoid killing if we can avoid it. It is not our way. It sounds as if your sister has fallen from the tight rope your people walk, into the Dark Side of the force. There can be redemption from such a path. Though it isn't easy."

Force: 2eF 4 Light Side
ImageImage
Jedi | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Bold | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Apprentice of Balos Tyl | Supposedly dead
equipment: Armored robes, Utility Belt, Stimpacks, Lightsaber(Darksaber), Lightsaber(Shoto), Communicator, Ancient Sword hilt, Glowrod, Forcereader
ship: The 'Sunset Dawn'

"So... Wrath of the Emperor eh? What's that about?"

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Baesal Zyn » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:33 pm

Baesal tilted her head...something was off about her.
Jedi- Togruta - Tinkerer - The Tentacle Entente? - Student of Master Raji Xen - 'splosions! -
Visible equipment: Heavy clothes, utility belt, googles, backpack, Soho lightsaber: The silver bladed ''Memory'', The red Ionblade ''The little sister'', lightshield, chromed cyberarm (left)
"Could I have been wrong?" -Baesal Zyn
Often seen with R5-T8: her droid assistant
Baesal Zyn

Postby Aran Enfas » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:31 pm

Aran had found his experience with the Aznuri unsettling but had tried to ascribe it to his own nervousness in the war theater and the heat of the oppressive jungle. He could not feel the Force around the woman, but attributed it to his own inexperience and unbalance.

Monkish resonance: 1eF 1 Dark Side

Instead, he called upon his training, trying to see what feelings were in the woman's mind, but that, too, was opaque.

Monkish sensibility: 1eF 1 Dark Side

He leaned over to murmur to Layne, not bold enough to speak aloud in this company. "Perhaps we Jedi could volunteer to take the apostate under our guard, and off-world. They would not be the first who fell to the dark side outside of either Jedi or Sith, and were brought to our attention."
Jedi Order| Miralukan | Monastic in Mirrorshades | A Good Padawan, Who Craves Neither Adventure Nor Excitement | Profile
Equipment: Very little. Right leg cyberleg, walking with a staff made of vibro-axe haft.In combat, stimpacks, no walking staff.
Aran Enfas

Postby Dapper Dog » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:22 pm

“Redemption? If a shulandu shark eats your mother, you do not worry about redeeming it, you remove it so it can never eat another again. Redemption is pointless, blood demands blood,” the woman replied with an amused smirk.
Dapper Dog

Postby Layne Hoshin » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:40 pm

"A shark is not a sentient being. Different standards apply. To state as a dogma that blood demands blood will lead you into a never ending cycle of violence. One must remove the threat ofcourse, we are not pacifists who shy away from must be done And sometimes killing is necessary to do so. But it's also possible there is a better way. . But we know nothing of you and your sister, and so we can't know whether killing her is the only way."
Jedi | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Bold | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Apprentice of Balos Tyl | Supposedly dead
equipment: Armored robes, Utility Belt, Stimpacks, Lightsaber(Darksaber), Lightsaber(Shoto), Communicator, Ancient Sword hilt, Glowrod, Forcereader

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Dapper Dog » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:44 pm

“How rude to the shark then, it knows itself, and does what a shark must. I see the shark as more sentient than most, sentient beings tied down by their own confusion and weakness, who know nothing not even themselves. Life is a never ending cycle of violence, from the smallest simplest creature to so-called sentient creatures, to survive there must be conflict and there will be blood,” she responded.
Dapper Dog

Postby Layne Hoshin » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:54 pm

"I know of what you speak more than most Jedi," she sighed, wondering how far she was going to take the discussion.

"But just because life is conflict, doesn't mean we have to intentionally create more of it. Life breeds enough of it on its own without us actively making things worse."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Leontyne Saresh » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:57 pm

Saresh interjected, “Maybe we should table the philosophical debate and focus on the facts. Her people are being threatened by this tyrant, we could use more information on this leader to better build a plan to reclaim your temple. We are here now, and this is the mission.”
Republic | Senator of Bankor | Armed | Politician | Twi'lek

Played by Dapper Dog
Leontyne Saresh

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:11 pm

Sabine Kelborn wrote:Sabine whispered to Niall. "I don't speak Huttese, I just assumed the senator was flirting." Unfortunately, her whisper... wasn't as silent as she thought it was.

Well, that managed to get Niall's somewhat abstracted attention, anyway. "Sergeant, it may be better to save your observations for later." He murmured, doing his best to keep the amused twinkle out of his eyes.
Republic | Human | Captain Alderaan | Inspiring Rhetoric | Nice Cape
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:54 pm

"Right," Lyseil agreed with the senator, even if she did find the philosophical debate to be interesting. Then again, she had also studied enough of other Force traditions to not think the Jedi to be the one in the right - just another idea.

"We need to know more about what the Temple is like, it's surroundings and structure - and the enemy there."
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Postby Layne Hoshin » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:03 pm

The temple intrigued Layne. She studied what maps of the place were available the briefing space, mentally comparing it to her own objective to see if they were the same or not.

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Durasay Mixo » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:02 pm

"Agreed. Anything at all about the temple?
If we move the wrong piece, will a giant boulder come rolling down to crush us?"
Durasay nodded to the sergeant, and then looked back to the Sister. "Given she has taken control, we can assume she has fortified her position?"

The Pantoran shifted his weight on his feet, regarding the aggressive Zabrak.

Durasay Mixo

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics