Republic Encampment

[Day 7 - Early Evening] Coming out of the Cold

Postby Vain Taskar » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:37 am

Vain had sent word to the Jedi gathered that he needed to speak with them. The matter was urgent, urgent enough that he had dropped his guise as a playful journalist, among the Jedi at least. He was a skilled and experienced Jedi Shadow, and things needed to be shared.

As a ranking member of the Jedi Order it fell to him. He really hated everything about this situation.

OOC: Jedi only.
Freelance Journalist | Handsome | Knows a Guy | Relaxed | Human

Played by Dapper Dog
Vain Taskar

Re: [Day 7 - Early Evening] Coming out of the Cold

Postby Arali Zian » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:41 am

Well, this is a perfectly ordinary occurrence.

Arali responded to the summons from the press official using a rather specific security code. She arrived in typical unflattering brown Jedi robes, and bowed to her host. "Good evening, Mr. Taskar." Best play things strait, until he made it clear how freely they could speak.
Republic ♥ Jedi ♥ Knight ♥ Twi'lek ♥ Superfarmer ♥ Nerd ♥ Pacifist ♥ Vegetarian
Arali Zian

Postby Tethys Carrack » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:04 am

Tethys slips in out of the drizzle, shaking her hood back from her hair. The damp air of the forest seems to agree with her, perhaps more so than most humans.

"Hm. You are not the first person I would have expected to call this gathering, Mr. Taskar," she admits, helping herself to a seat (assuming there are some).
Jedi ○ Human ○ Republic Affiliated ○ Tall ○ Profile Link
Obvious accoutrements: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink; backpack and/or Jedi armor when needed; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Ashla Vyliis » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:03 am

Ashla appears, "Hey there." She remains casual, though in her Jedi Robes. She's not going to treat the reporter as anything but until he reveals himself.
Jedi Padawan * Togruta * "Doctor" * Morally Flexible * Force Sensitive * Soresu Defender

Equipment: Lightsaber, Physician's Kit, Cursed Sword

Languages: Huttese, Togruti

M2-RZ
Ashla Vyliis

Postby Baesal Zyn » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:47 pm

Baesal arrived, wondering what was up...

"Heya...so...what is happening?"
Jedi- Togruta - Tinkerer - The Tentacle Entente? - Student of Master Raji Xen - 'splosions! -
Visible equipment: Heavy clothes, utility belt, googles, backpack, Soho lightsaber: The silver bladed ''Memory'', The red Ionblade ''The little sister'', lightshield, chromed cyberarm (left)
"Could I have been wrong?" -Baesal Zyn
Often seen with R5-T8: her droid assistant
Baesal Zyn

Postby Aran Enfas » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:44 pm

Aran stood a little off and to the side behind Vain, a serene smile on his face. Is this what the Masters feel when they know something we Padawans do not? He tried to focus on humility and cooperation.
Jedi Order| Miralukan | Monastic in Mirrorshades | A Good Padawan, Who Craves Neither Adventure Nor Excitement | Profile
Equipment: Very little. Right leg cyberleg, walking with a staff made of vibro-axe haft.In combat, stimpacks, no walking staff.
Aran Enfas

Postby Vain Taskar » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:47 am

Vain looked up and said, “Yeah… Vain, Jedi Shadow, Master in good standing and responsible for gathering Intelligence in this sector. Normally I like to stay under cover, out of the eyes of the public but the matter here on Bankor required my attention and perhaps direct intervention.”

“Aran has stumbled upon an organization that we believe has been interfering with affairs here on Bankor and across the galaxy. The Star Cabal for lack of a better name has been working to inflame the conflict here on Bankor, extending the conflict to draw the Republic in. To what end we are not certain yet, but we need to be prepared.”

“Also,” he said looking at holo images of Darius, “We have a very valid security concern to discuss as well. Looks like we have a Sith on Bankor, perhaps more than one.”

Played by Dapper Dog
Vain Taskar

Postby Tethys Carrack » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:10 am

"The Sith is the man Dr. Ormont reported, I take it." Tethys turns an intent look on Vain, taking the disclosure of his title in stride. "'Darius?' If that was his real name. Ormont said he claimed to be a Jedi, but the Archives had no record of him." She frowns slightly at the memory. "There are one or two other supposed mercenaries I've also wondered about."

She cocks an eyebrow at the Master. "Is this Star Cabal a Sith outfit, then?"
Obvious accoutrements: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink; backpack and/or Jedi armor when needed; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
Tethys Carrack

Postby Vain Taskar » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:15 am

“We thought that at first, but no. Independent of the Republic and Empire,” he responded.

“After analyzing the data on Darius we believe him to be the Sith, Dynos Val; skilled fighter killed more Jedi than I care to mention. I am not sure what he is doing here, but if we see him he should be approached with caution. Padawans should refrain from engaging him unless you feel a need to be one with the Force.”

Played by Dapper Dog
Vain Taskar

Postby Baesal Zyn » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:28 am

Baesal's eyes narrowed and she stepped forward

''I met Dynos Val on Nar Shaddaa, he is the one who cut my left arm and an assasin for Lord Zash.'' She bit her lip ''I tracked him once, I can try again...and I might know why he is here.'' She looked briefly at Tethys with these last words

''I am familliar with the Star Cabal. They are working with an ancient sentient A.I called HYDRA and are hostile to force users...if I understand correctly.''
Jedi- Togruta - Tinkerer - The Tentacle Entente? - Student of Master Raji Xen - 'splosions! -
Visible equipment: Heavy clothes, utility belt, googles, backpack, Soho lightsaber: The silver bladed ''Memory'', The red Ionblade ''The little sister'', lightshield, chromed cyberarm (left)
Baesal Zyn

Postby Vain Taskar » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:30 am

“Bring me up to speed on HYDRA, padawan,” Vain said.

Played by Dapper Dog
Vain Taskar

Postby Baesal Zyn » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:44 am

''Ancient sentient software from a planet called Iokath, contemporary to the Rakatan Infinite Empire...and she recently found a body able host her. She is very intelligent, a master hacker, but also very arrogant about her intellect.''

She frowned

''She escaped from a device that held her for a time on Nar Shaddaa about a year and a half ago...Master Shan had been informed about it then. I have tracked her and foiled some of her plans since then. She is very likely on Bankor and might have breached the strike force's security once back in the desert.''
Baesal Zyn

Postby Vain Taskar » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:50 am

“So, add that to the list of possible threats of the, oh kriff variety. Just what we needed on top of Sith infiltration and the Star Cabal,” he said chuckling.

“Thanks for the input.”

Played by Dapper Dog
Vain Taskar

Postby Arali Zian » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:54 am

As if a war wasn't enough.

"Quite the array of threats. Do we have any leads as to any of their whereabouts?"
Arali Zian

Postby Vain Taskar » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:11 am

“Not yet,” Vain responded.

Played by Dapper Dog
Vain Taskar

Postby Tethys Carrack » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:15 am

"Darius, or Dynos Val or whatever his name is, was at one point claiming to be a Jedi," Tethys puts in. "He may try to stick to that cover if there are enough other people around."

Still frowning, she adds, "I can't say whether it is related, but there is at least one other human with the expedition who's strong in the Dark Side of the Force, whether he knows it or not... It's not entirely the same kind of case as Darius, since I haven't seen or heard anything out of line in his public behavior here--the opposite, in fact--nor noticed him drawing on the Force. But if any of you encounter him, it would still be wise to stay wary."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Vain Taskar » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:19 am

"Don't keep us in suspense, Tethys, names and descriptions help," Vain said.

Played by Dapper Dog
Vain Taskar

Postby Tethys Carrack » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:24 am

She nods. "He goes by Draagh, or at least he has when I'm around. Tall, powerful build, light skinned for a human, dark-haired. There are quite a lot of mercenaries around with Empire accents of one kind or another, so his doesn't stand out, but he does have one."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Vain Taskar » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:28 am

“I will add him to the list, along with Azura and to a lesser extent, Galen. On that note, don’t get too buddy, buddy with the Aznuri, they need our help but I am not entirely sold on them and their way of using the Force is troubling,” he said seriously.

Played by Dapper Dog
Vain Taskar

Postby Rekara » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:27 pm

Rekara was listening carefully. She paid attention to the descriptions so in case that they ever showed up to the medical tent, she would be able to identify them, and maybe even immobilize them if necessary. The padawan was sure that she could not beat him in any way, and could only hold him down with luck. If they ever showed up at the Resistance camp, she too would know.
Rekara: Force Sensitive | Mon Calamari| Jedi | Healer | Compassionate | Short

Equip: Lightsaber, Holdout Blaster, Armored Robes, Physician's Kit, Comlink, Synthetic Anesthetic, Stimpacks, Backpack

Rekara at your service. Welcome to a day in the life of a Jedi.
Rekara

Postby Tethys Carrack » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:52 pm

Tethys gives Vain a slightly doubtful look. "Do you really think Galen is likely to pose any danger, Master Taskar? Azura I can understand--I don't think she intends harm, but she's volatile. Galen may not be a Jedi, but I don't sense darkness in him."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Vain Taskar » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:42 pm

“I am saying we be mindful of any undocumented Force User, even Senator Mixo is a concern especially if he starts using the Force to smooth over diplomatic negotiations. Galen may be a nice person, but at this point we just have to be more aware and mindful that all of them could be a danger to themselves or those around them,” Vain replied.

Played by Dapper Dog
Vain Taskar

Postby Baesal Zyn » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:35 am

She had to agree on one point

''Yes, we should be mindful...especially of Durasay.''

She crosses her arms

''I have not forgotten his actions in Project: Evolution''
Baesal Zyn

Postby Arali Zian » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:44 am

"Awareness of unaligned Force sensitives is not just for our benefit," Arali pointed out. "It makes them a target for the Sith, as well, and many of them do not have the support network to protect them. If people like Galen and Azura start disappearing, it's best we know about it before it gets worse."
Arali Zian

Postby Aran Enfas » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:23 am

Aran felt unease at the mention of Galen's name, as he had taken a liking to the slightly older man, but stayed silent. He was grateful when Tethys spoke up instead, rather than him having to gainsay Vain himself. And maybe I'll not ask him about Galen's haunted saber.

Stirring a little, he interjeted. "There is another figure of note in this 'cabal' besides HYDRA. We do not know her name, but she sometimes uses the synonym 'Ghost.' She has power and influence in the criminal element and had, or more likely has, sources in the Republic camp. In Uthan Mil, she offered us the location of the Kryze palace. That was the lead the Strike Force did not pursue, for fear of a trap. Perhaps with cause, given that we had to rescue the Resistance fighters from their attempt."

He paused a moment, perhaps to let the information sink in, perhaps out of some hesitation to continue. You have no reason to hide her crimes. "Then, in Rygor, she was overheard selling Republic codes to Yunda Kryze, in the company of a droid, perhaps HYDRA. That discovery was the cause of the increased security measures the Strike Force is currently exercising."

"She is easy to recognize." He gave a short and factual physical description, leaving out the sorts of non-visual details that he had noticed. They will recognize the tattoo, they don't need to know about the perfume! "It is also worth noting that she seems to have... some sort of strong opinion about Jedi. She is of a practiced mind, and not easy to read, but I sensed disgust and intrigue." He gave a minute shrug. "I do not know what it means."
Jedi Order| Miralukan | Monastic in Mirrorshades | A Good Padawan, Who Craves Neither Adventure Nor Excitement | Profile
Equipment: Very little. Right leg cyberleg, walking with a staff made of vibro-axe haft.In combat, stimpacks, no walking staff.
Aran Enfas

Next
Forum Statistics