The Medical Tent and Surgery Center

I'm Unarmed [LN4]

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:47 am

The Mad Dog Vizsla, still very much unconscious after the outpouring of hemoglobin, was dropped by some fellow Mandalorians at the medbay. His left arm was crippled beyond repair and had to be amputated. A grotesque testament to his opponent's superiority, his stomach and right arm looked only marginally less traumatised.
Mandalorian | Clan Vizsla | Hired Gun | Heavy | Scarred | Left Cyberarm | Beard of Wonder | Former Pit Fighter | Vindicator | Rockstar | Mad Dog | Man o' War | Shriek-Hawk Tattoo | Neutral

VX Sidewinder (Telescopic Optics, Electronic Sighting) | Paired Vamblades | Mandalorian Armor (Repulsorlift, Kiirium, Superior) | Thermal Cloak | Spare Clip | Stims
Wounds: 19 | Strain: 12 | Soak: 8 (9 vs. Fire/Blasters) | Defence: 1

Oddyn Vizsla

Re: I'm Unarmed [LN4]

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:52 am

...and the amputation went nice and clean, preserving the nerves for reconnection to the prosthetic that was ordered right after.

LN4. Healz. Crit.: 2eP+1eA+1eB+3eD 2 successes, 1 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

[One Crit less, spending 5 Duty for prosthetic arm.]
Mandalorian | Clan Vizsla | Hired Gun | Heavy | Scarred | Left Cyberarm | Beard of Wonder | Former Pit Fighter | Vindicator | Rockstar | Mad Dog | Man o' War | Shriek-Hawk Tattoo | Neutral

VX Sidewinder (Telescopic Optics, Electronic Sighting) | Paired Vamblades | Mandalorian Armor (Repulsorlift, Kiirium, Superior) | Thermal Cloak | Spare Clip | Stims

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:52 am

The odd body being dumped outside the medical facility,wasn't something one usually saw, and it had piqued Z's interest, so he decided to follow it as the droids, picked the form up and brought it inside. He was more then a little surprised to find it was someone he knew, and so he lingered as the droids did their work. Maybe he'd awaken sooner or later, and Z would be able to get a story out of him.
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Ship: Three Drinks Smells like: Whiskey, Cigarettes, Cologne
Zanebry Varliss

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:58 am

After the procedure was over, the man got a waking shot. And awoke with a roar. More of indignation than pain.

[Stimpack spent to get 5 wounds back.]

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:47 pm

Well, that at least meant he was up. Z eyed the fellow for a few moments as he was roused, whatever ad happened that man didn't seem to pleased about it though. "Hey now." He called, though he wasn't trying to be particularly sooth. "You just been through a rough spot,or so it looks. Best you don't do too much moving around."
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:51 pm

Odd glanced at the patch on his stomach soaking through as he tried to sit up and dropped back down before the droids would restrain him, grunting.

"Looks like it." He then glanced at the stump where his arm had been not so long ago. "I shouldn't be alive." He was not too happy about being denied his well-deserved journey to the Manda.

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:30 pm

"That's not the first time I've heard that." Z mused, the man's wounds were fairly extensive after all. "Looks like who ever did this to you, didn't want to finish you off though." For one reason or another.

"Any clue why that might be?"

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:36 pm

Odd wanted to rub his eyes with his hands, but doing it with just one - and wounded at that - made him reconsider. He was both angry and weakened, a bad combination. "Misplaced sentiment. Or spite. Or the man wants me to try again."

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:47 am

"Well you would know better then I." Z offered with a slight frown, Mandolorians could be a bit strange sometimes. "Do you intend to try again? After you heal up that is."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:30 am

"Yes." Odd answered without much doubt. Still on the painkillers, he could hold a conversation disproportionately well his current state considered. But even he had to recognise that if his healthiest self had not been no match to Varo, his crippled self had no better chance. "When I have a real shot at it. Now I at least know more about what he's capable of."

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:10 am

"From the sound of it that, might be a while." Zanebry said, reading perhaps a little bit into the mans words. As badly as it looked like he was beaten, there was no question after all, that the man he faced was a strong one. "Got to get more training in huh?" As well as a new arm.

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:49 pm

"Or be quicker but smarter about it. I'd really not want to waste my whole life on pursuing vengeance. As a Mandalorian I also have other duties and callings. It's just stays in the way of moving on." He sighed. "The battle's not over though."

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:43 pm

"That works too." The fellow just needed to make sure to get fully put back together first. "And I can understand that, can't let vengeance dominate your whole life." It had been a hard lesson to learn for Z, but he had.

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:40 pm

"It better not. But we don't pull all the strings. It may be that the whole purpose of me surviving is for me to kill him." He chuckled. "If it turns out like that, he would have chosen his own death. Not a bad way to go."

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:14 pm

"Not at all. Most people don't get that chance." It was one of the reasons behind Z's smoking. A choice of sorts on how he might go.

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:25 pm

"Looks like we see eye to eye on some things." Odd nodded in recognition to the man's point.

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:32 am

"At least the one." Z agreed with a nod.

His lips curled into a smirk. "I imagine in the end we have a lot more differences honestly."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:37 am

"Yes." Oddyn replied after a contemplative pause. "You're probably right." He then smirked darkly. "A big one is you still have both hands."

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:43 am

'I suppose that's true." He offered with a wry smile. "Though I did almost lose this one at one point in time." He offered, patting his right arm with his gloved left hand. "Got it cut up real bad in the past. Knife was just a hair away from slicing into the stuff that's real important."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:52 am

Odd nodded with appreciation. Getting back to fighting after sustaining bad wounds held special place on his ladder of heroic accomplishments. "Ah, a combat story. I enjoy those. You could spin it if you feel like it."

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:22 am

His lips curled into a wry smile, before he slowly shook his head. "Maybe some other time, there is not quite enough alcohol in medical for me to tell that story." He reached into his jacket to fetch his flask, eyes a bit far away for a few moments as he took a sip. He snapped out of whatever thoughts that distracted him a moment later though, lips curling into a half smile. "Sorry."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:25 am

Oddyn shrugged with one shoulder. "Your call. So I guess I'll crash to get some sleep before morning. Thanks for coming by."

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:00 am

"Rest well." Zane replied, waving his hand in farewell, as he made his way out the door.

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:20 am

Oddyn dozed off soon after.

/Scene

Oddyn Vizsla

Forum Statistics