The Medical Tent and Surgery Center

[D5 LM] I'll lend you a hand

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:30 pm

Sabine took a deep breath, and entered the room. She looked around, looking for a familiar, hulking figure. The events from the other day were still fresh in her mind, and she felt a shiver down her spine. So many things changed... yet some stayed the same.

"Hey Mad Dog. How are you feeling?"
Republic * Sergeant * Soldier * NCO * Confident * Tough * Mandalorian * Human
Carries: Ritual dagger, command insignia, electronic manual
Combat gear: Ritual Dagger, Mandalorian Armor, MK II Paladin, ammo, stimpacks
Languages: Basic, Mando'a
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Re: [D5 LM] I'll lend you a hand

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:45 pm

"Better than you, I think." Still somewhat stiff though patched and very medicated, Odd pulled himself up when she entered. He summoned a small smile that belied his mood. "You look down, ner vod." He still pretty much looked like shit with all the bacta patches and glaringly obvious lack of left arm.
Mandalorian | Clan Vizsla | Hired Gun | Heavy | Scarred | Left Cyberarm | Beard of Wonder | Former Pit Fighter | Vindicator | Rockstar | Mad Dog | Man o' War | Shriek-Hawk Tattoo | Neutral

VX Sidewinder (Telescopic Optics, Electronic Sighting) | Paired Vamblades | Mandalorian Armor (Repulsorlift, Kiirium, Superior) | Thermal Cloak | Spare Clip | Stims
Wounds: 19 | Strain: 12 | Soak: 8 (9 vs. Fire/Blasters) | Defence: 1

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:53 pm

"Ha, don't try and cheer me up." She shifted to mando'a. "Well.... an old man who I respected died for me. I should've stood up to the old kriffing bastard." She moved closer and sat down, pointedly not looking at the place of the missing arm. "So you know. Peachy."
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:59 pm

"Hey, I should be with Manda now. We don't always get what we want." He chuckled bitterly, shrugging. It looked funny with a stump. "You'd need to brief me what happened after Varo had trashed me. I was loathsomely off."
Mandalorian | Clan Vizsla | Hired Gun | Heavy | Scarred | Left Cyberarm | Beard of Wonder | Former Pit Fighter | Vindicator | Rockstar | Mad Dog | Man o' War | Shriek-Hawk Tattoo | Neutral

VX Sidewinder (Telescopic Optics, Electronic Sighting) | Paired Vamblades | Mandalorian Armor (Repulsorlift, Kiirium, Superior) | Thermal Cloak | Spare Clip | Stims

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:03 pm

"A little beating to near death, and here you are." She sighed, then looked away, shame taking over. "We talked with Varo. I... well, I was me. Told him he was a hypocrite for keeping you alive while exiling my dad over the same thing. He said it was granddad's decision, not his. He talked about the Republic as slave masters, yadda yadda. I told him he's not better, nor does he respectthe Re'solnare. He challenged me to a duel... Old Man Kelborn did it instead. I got disowned by Varo, and sort of adopted by Kelborn? Then they dueled, and the old man died. And now.... not sure. I want to ram my blade up where the sun doesn't shine for Varo, but... he's good. Not sure I would've been able to beat him. Course, now I feel like a dirty coward."
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:14 pm

"Heh, so this is what happened." He stroked his beard with the remaining hand, pulling on catheter a bit too much, so he couldn't be doing it for long. "Quite the party, though not enough drinking unless they made up later on. At least the old Kelborn got the prize... So you're kinda Kelborn now, full Schism and all? Heh." He sighed. "Heh. The man's a beast. I know I won't get his head anytime soon unless I stack the deck. If you feel like a coward you probably are a bit of that, but it's only half-bad. Sometimes Ba'slan shev'la (strategic disappearance) is the only way to get your job done. So don't fuss about it, that inch will wane soon after your next badassness." He had no taste for sugar-coating. He paused, looking up. "But on one thing he's been right. We're Mando'ade. We may not agree with or like each other, we may have good reasons to kill each other, but disrespecting each other makes us barbarians. Varo may be full of shit, but he's a Mando full of shit. If we start dividing ourselves on good and bad, those deserving and those undeserving of the name, we're quite done."

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:06 pm

Oddyn Vizsla wrote:"Heh, so this is what happened." He stroked his beard with the remaining hand, pulling on catheter a bit too much, so he couldn't be doing it for long. "Quite the party, though not enough drinking unless they made up later on. At least the old Kelborn got the prize... So you're kinda Kelborn now, full Schism and all? Heh." He sighed. "Heh. The man's a beast. I know I won't get his head anytime soon unless I stack the deck. If you feel like a coward you probably are a bit of that, but it's only half-bad. Sometimes Ba'slan shev'la (strategic disappearance) is the only way to get your job done. So don't fuss about it, that inch will wane soon after your next badassness." He had no taste for sugar-coating. He paused, looking up. "But on one thing he's been right. We're Mando'ade. We may not agree with or like each other, we may have good reasons to kill each other, but disrespecting each other makes us barbarians. Varo may be full of shit, but he's a Mando full of shit. If we start dividing ourselves on good and bad, those deserving and those undeserving of the name, we're quite done."

Sabine sighed. "Yeah, I guess I am one now." She shook her head. "Disrespect? His daughter did not wear the armor,and made it obvious that she wouldn't respect the results of your duel with Varo. " She frowned. "But hey, I'm the mean one for being disrespectful of his hypocritical lies." She sneered. "Asshole... just like dad." She sighed. "Well, let's do this the old fashioned way. Shoot his place and ass up."
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:04 pm

He looked at her and sighed. "How are their failings excusing us? If they're misconducting hypocrites, does it change Resol'nare? Who's dar'manda is decided when one dies, not earlier. If you grant yourself the right to make calls what's right, let them do the same. It would suck to merge in Manda with those you've been denying this. The sweat and blood that soaked into your beskar'gam came from the Kryze. Hate them, kill them, thwart them, but don't deny them their identity." He tensed during speaking, then flopped. He wasn't used to preaching. "Or do what you want. I'm not your father."

After a pause, he said one more thing. "This is ga'rua. Your uncle spared me for some reason, but that lessens the worth of my life. Still, me living means the real risk of him dying by my hand. But if I manage to kill him, I'll drink for him the same night. His daughter is a brat, but maybe she'll grow once the old man's gone."

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:19 pm

Oddyn Vizsla wrote:He looked at her and sighed. "How are their failings excusing us? If they're misconducting hypocrites, does it change Resol'nare? Who's dar'manda is decided when one dies, not earlier. If you grant yourself the right to make calls what's right, let them do the same. It would suck to merge in Manda with those you've been denying this. The sweat and blood that soaked into your beskar'gam came from the Kryze. Hate them, kill them, thwart them, but don't deny them their identity." He tensed during speaking, then flopped. He wasn't used to preaching. "Or do what you want. I'm not your father."

After a pause, he said one more thing. "This is ga'rua. Your uncle spared me for some reason, but that lessens the worth of my life. Still, me living means the real risk of him dying by my hand. But if I manage to kill him, I'll drink for him the same night. His daughter is a brat, but maybe she'll grow once the old man's gone."

Sabine listens. "I seem to attract old mandalorian father figures lately." She smirked, then turned sad. "They are Mandalorians, that is true. Hypocritical bastards, but that is why they must pay. Among other reasons." She glanced down at his missing hand. "Hope that wasn't your dominant one."
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:32 pm

"I'll be fine, Sabine." He smirked."Will just be a few miles farther on the way to droid. Sooner a cyborg than your father figure though, if you don't mind."

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:53 pm

Oddyn Vizsla wrote:"I'll be fine, Sabine." He smirked."Will just be a few miles farther on the way to droid. Sooner a cyborg than your father figure though, if you don't mind."

"Heh... probably best for everyone. Just make sure you don't start speaking like a droid. Designation: Mad Dog. Role: Grumpy. Old. Man." She smiled in jest.
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:25 pm

"I probably should be grateful that you pulled your punches and didn't call me rusty outright." He snickered. He wasn't old, merely in late twenties, but the beard was a time-travelling machine.
Last edited by Oddyn Vizsla on Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:44 pm

Oddyn Vizsla wrote:"I probably should be grateful that you pulled your punches and didn't call be rusty outright." He snickered. He wasn't old, merely in late twenties, but the bird was a time-travelling machine.

Sabine smirked. "That beard adds a decade. And everyone knows, if you're above thirty, you're practically ancient. Besides, I'm sure you'll be programmed to be better than that."
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:40 am

"I am not going to do away with my beautiful beard just to avoid being the odd man out in the kids' sandbox." Puns were strong with the armless man.

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:38 am

"Well, I'll try and grow one, but don't hold your breath. It's a handful." She fired back fiercely
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:05 pm

"Good, else I'd have to challenge you for being too handsome. There can be only one." He retorted with a grin.

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:47 pm

"Really? Not even too?" She asked in Mando'a.
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:56 pm

"I'm already onto removing Varo's beard out of equation." He smiled with darkly wry humour that helped him cope with the situation.

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:59 pm

"Start with the head, much easier." She smiled, though it did turn dark. "Does it hurt?"
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:07 pm

"There's some phantom pain despite medication." He admitted matter-of-factly. "But it's no biggie really. I know pain aplenty, it's normal. The indignation of having been spared on a whim is worse."

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:55 am

Oddyn Vizsla wrote:"There's some phantom pain despite medication." He admitted matter-of-factly. "But it's no biggie really. I know pain aplenty, it's normal. The indignation of having been spared on a whim is worse."

"Hm, well your soul will heal as well, I wouldn't worry. You're a stubborn kriffer." She smiled, and glanced at the hand. "Thought about an upgrade?"
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:59 am

"Thought, sure. I am kriff dry though, so not until this is over unless I loot a treasure left behind or something." He chuckled. "They'll fit me in with an ordinary replacement, or so I've been told." He paused a bit, looking up at her. "I'm indeed pigheaded about recovering quickly. Thanks for a good word, ner vod."

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:08 am

Oddyn Vizsla wrote:"Thought, sure. I am kriff dry though, so not until this is over unless I loot a treasure left behind or something." He chuckled. "They'll fit me in with an ordinary replacement, or so I've been told." He paused a bit, looking up at her. "I'm indeed pigheaded about recovering quickly. Thanks for a good word, ner vod."

Sabine poured some water for her comrade and handed it over. "Hrm, treasure, eh? What are you expecting? Socks worth their weight in creds?" She chuckled as well. "That's good at least. Can't have you running around without being able to flip a finger. Eh, we're comrades. It's what we do."
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:25 am

"I don't expect much, rather take things as they come. This way the only di'kut I can be disappointed with is myself." He chuckled, accepting the glass with the only hand and taking a sip. "As longs as I have legs, I'll be running around though."

Oddyn Vizsla

Forum Statistics