The deep uncharted wastes of the Black Desert.

[Day 4 - Early Night] The Moot

Postby Dapper Dog » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:55 pm

The gathering was in the deep desert and there were no sentries posted, because every Mandalorian was a sentry and a warrior. There was drum beating and drinking and camaraderie aplenty.

This was the moot and the only thing that mattered was Mandalorian. All other connections were to be left at the outside world.

OOC: Moot rules are here.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Re: [Day 4 - Early Night] The Moot

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:02 pm

Oddyn Vizsla arrived at the moot, announcing his identity as he rolled back the thermal cloak. His armour was immaculately polished, its red, indigo and orange courting reflections from sources of light.

"Su cuy'gar, vode an."

He may have brought several Mando'ade with him, with whom he had bonded over the past fortnight.
Mandalorian | Clan Vizsla | Hired Gun | Heavy | Scarred | Left Cyberarm | Beard of Wonder | Former Pit Fighter | Vindicator | Rockstar | Mad Dog | Man o' War | Shriek-Hawk Tattoo | Neutral

VX Sidewinder (Telescopic Optics, Electronic Sighting) | Paired Vamblades | Mandalorian Armor (Repulsorlift, Kiirium, Superior) | Thermal Cloak | Spare Clip | Stims
Wounds: 19 | Strain: 12 | Soak: 8 (9 vs. Fire/Blasters) | Defence: 1

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Craw Toboga » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:49 pm

Craw dragged himself to the moot, having eaten a good amount of painkillers before to drown out the remaining pain radiating out of his shoulder. He stood a bit to the side, in full armor, maybe a tad bit more reserved than usual. He had told Davin to be here too... Craw wondered where he'd gone.
| Neutral/Working for the Republic | Mandalorian! | Human | Currently: Sober |
Carries with: Commlink and stimpacks [When appropriate: Armor, OK-98 Blaster Carbine and a vibromachete]
"I'm trying my best here!"
Craw Toboga

Postby Davin Toboga » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:52 pm

Davin was there he didn’t look happy to be there but he was there to stand for Toboga.
Veteran Redshirt | Human | Mandalorian| Mercenary | Survivor
Davin Toboga

Postby Craw Toboga » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:56 pm

"Feeling antisocial, are we, old man?" Craw asked Davin dryly.
Carries with: Commlink and stimpacks [When appropriate: Armor, OK-98 Blaster Carbine and a vibromachete]
Craw Toboga

Postby Davin Toboga » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:57 pm

“Too many posturin’ Mando’a for me, I like it when I’m the only one, gives me street cred… here it just makes me nervous,” he said gruffly.
Veteran Redshirt | Human | Mandalorian| Mercenary | Survivor
Davin Toboga

Postby Craw Toboga » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:00 pm

"Last Toboga and all..." Craw chuckled. "If someone gets uppity we'll just put them in their place." He said matter-of-factly.
Craw Toboga

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:22 pm

Sabine stood there, dressed in traditional armor, painted white and blue. She stood solemn, silent.
Republic * Sergeant * Soldier * NCO * Confident * Tough * Mandalorian * Human
Carries: Ritual dagger, command insignia, electronic manual
Combat gear: Ritual Dagger, Mandalorian Armor, MK II Paladin, ammo, stimpacks
Languages: Basic, Mando'a
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:35 pm

"Su cuy, Sabine. A chance to talk with your long-lost family?" Oddyn moved to her proximity to speak before descending into the area. He was looking around for Clan symbols to gauge who was present.
Mandalorian | Clan Vizsla | Hired Gun | Heavy | Scarred | Left Cyberarm | Beard of Wonder | Former Pit Fighter | Vindicator | Rockstar | Mad Dog | Man o' War | Shriek-Hawk Tattoo | Neutral

VX Sidewinder (Telescopic Optics, Electronic Sighting) | Paired Vamblades | Mandalorian Armor (Repulsorlift, Kiirium, Superior) | Thermal Cloak | Spare Clip | Stims

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Nekoinu » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:55 pm

In the flesh, Eralynn Varad was a more imposing figure. Her gray armor was worn by the desert sand. Dangling off of it were numerous chains composed of claimed teeth of varying species. She walked forward to Craw Toboga and bowed her head. "Earlier in the field, Nai'tiri of Clan Cadera fell to one of my warriors. She requested that you receive her body and armor." Unlike her prior holocalls, her tone here was one of pure respect.

Kyr'ad Kelborn stood by with a retainer each from the other clans under Jicoln's banner. He watched the exchange between Craw and Eralynn with a great sadness looming over him. However, the Moot and his people required him to maintain composure.
Assistant to the GM | Devourer of Treats | Overseer of the Collection | Crier of Mandalorian Aide
Nekoinu

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:58 pm

Oddyn Vizsla wrote:"Su cuy, Sabine. A chance to talk with your long-lost family?" Oddyn moved to her proximity to speak before descending into the area. He was looking around for Clan symbols to gauge who was present.

Sabine nodded towards Oddyn. "Long lost... seems a stretch. But I'll listen to what they have to say."

And then the kriffing Varad showed up and... Nai. Good thing she was wearing her armor, her expression invisible behind the helmet.
Republic * Sergeant * Soldier * NCO * Confident * Tough * Mandalorian * Human
Carries: Ritual dagger, command insignia, electronic manual
Combat gear: Ritual Dagger, Mandalorian Armor, MK II Paladin, ammo, stimpacks
Languages: Basic, Mando'a
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:02 am

"Whatever you call it, you carry the name, and Resol'nare obligates you to act for your Clan." He reminded her without malice. "I met the Cadera that is being mourned. Was she someone close to you?"

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Craw Toboga » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:05 am

There was a long shocked silence, as it dawned on Craw. And then he almost had a moment. He closed his fists, and almost forgot all of the hundreds of rules his society and culture had pounded into him. A year ago Craw would have hit her, maybe even taken out his machete. But that was a year ago.

Through gritted teeth and in mando'a he asked one question, his tone steady and neutral.

"Who killed her?"
Craw Toboga

Postby Nekoinu » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:10 am

"Aaroth Varad slew her," she stated with no emotion. She stepped back and gestured over to a casket over towards her people. It was more utilitarian than elegant but it was well-maintained.
Assistant to the GM | Devourer of Treats | Overseer of the Collection | Crier of Mandalorian Aide
Nekoinu

Postby Craw Toboga » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:20 am

Craw nodded.

"Good, I'll remember that name." He then walked to the coffin and put his hand on it, silently.
Craw Toboga

Postby Nekoinu » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:27 am

Eralynn stepped to the other side of the coffin and bowed her head. "I am sorry. There is one more matter, Craw." She took a breath. "Her last words were that she loved you."
Nekoinu

Postby Varo Kryze » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:51 am

The moot parts as a entourage of Mandalorians looking fierce in the colors of House Kryze, black and red, pass through the moot. They proceed to the center where a large bonfire is roaring. The leader removed his helmet and said in Mando’a, “Brothers and sisters, members of clans great and small I have called this moot because I do not wish to bring death to those who wish to serve, perhaps out of ignorance, a weak and pitiful Republic.”

“Too much of our blood will be shed and for what, they will not give you honors… they will not bring our ways back and they will not honor your name. I offer glory, a chance to revive the ways of the warrior, and vengeance. I am Varo Kryze, I have brought this world to heel. The Republic and Empire will know our names and they will speak with fear in their hearts.”

“As is my right I now open the floor, if you have words speak them, if you have actions, then act. But hear my offer and consider it carefully.”
Warlord | Mandalorian | Human | Hardened | Brutal
Varo Kryze

Postby Yiko Kryze » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:53 am

Yiko did not wear the armor of a Mando’a, instead she opted for something more sleek but she watched keenly from her father’s side as his blooded honor guard took up positions. This was to be peaceful ground, but no true Mandalorian was ever foolish enough to be unprepared for the worst.
Commander | Mandalorian | Human | Ace Pilot | Overlord of Vantage Station
Yiko Kryze

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:13 am

"The cub has punch and spirit. Tie him up. We'll drop him at Nar Shaddaa. I owe one pitmaster a favour." The bearded man in red-and-black armour laughed as he tossed a five-year-old away for restraining. The boy was kicking and screaming, splatters of the blood of his parents caking with dirt from the ground all over him...

The memory had never left him. The man he had come here for, the killer of his family, was right there, making case for Mandalorian unity and values. There was something both ironic and irritating in that combination. His argument with Shae and Corso returned to him. Shouldn't he leave the former life behind, and think about unity of the Mandalorian cause above all? Shouldn't he be on the other side now? After all, nothing Varo had said sat ill with him. Just who had said it.

But since he had committed to this path against much good judgement, he would not waver now. His every life aspiration was beyond the moment of standing over Varo's corpse. It could not be circumvented, this nexus of revenge or death.

He patted Sabine on the arm, not expecting the answer any more, then removed his helmet and stepped forth. His pale gaze was set.

"I am Oddyn Vizsla and I have a personal grievance to raise before the moot. Against you, Varo Kryze."

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Varo Kryze » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:17 am

Varo looked at Oddyn and then said in mando’a, “Speak then.”
Varo Kryze

Postby Yiko Kryze » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:23 am

Yiko narrowed her eyes at the stranger and motioned for the Blooded to be ready.
Yiko Kryze

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:32 am

"Twenty-odd years ago, on Tarris, you killed a married couple but on a whim spared their boy who was fierce and not afraid of you. You left him in the Smuggler Moon's slave pit, then forgot about him. But the boy fought through it until he was noticed by the Old Vizsla and his name was known as the man's child." He gazed at the man. The worlds, long-prepared flowed out naturally. "You speak of vengeance. I've come for it. I still have two families, and it shall be so until the one you killed on Taris is not avenged. Resol'nare bides me to stand up for the dignity you deprived them of. In my eyes, it is your life that stands in the way of my full commitment to the unified Mando'ade. So I've come to slay you, and I am now calling you out to settle this."

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Varo Kryze » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:49 am

Varo looked at the man and said in turn, “I did you a favor then, culled your weak parents and gave you a stronger family, but if you feel I need to finish the job then so be it. I am not here to murder my brothers and sisters, but if they see no reason to live or see reason then so be it.”
Varo Kryze

Postby Yiko Kryze » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:50 am

Yiko frowned and said, “Ignore this dog that walks as men, he isn’t worthy of you. Have one of your Blooded take this walking corpse in your name.”
Yiko Kryze

Postby Varo Kryze » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:54 am

Varo removed his armor until he wore nothing but slim tights on his lower body. His daughter handed him his ritual blade and he said, “Then we fight as ancestors of old did, I trust you have a ritual blade, little pup.” He was a muscular man approaching sixty, large and barrel chested with plenty of scars and injures… mementos from a thousand battles.

He cracked his neck and said in Mando’a, “This is your last chance to walk away.”
Varo Kryze

Next
Forum Statistics