The deep uncharted wastes of the Black Desert.

Re: [Day 4 - Early Night] The Moot

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:07 am

Oddyn nodded. "What will occur here is for all the Mando'ade to see. If I prevail here, the feud will end here. Your heir will enter alliance with the House of Vizsla and consult my father on the further course of this war." Oddyn smiled wryly at Yiko's interference. He began to remove his armour as well. "I own my words." His body was muscular, and though much younger, it wore no less impressive a collection of scars. He discarded all but his vamblades. With a twist of wrists they sprang out. "The pit cub has his claws. They'll have to do. You'll face me how you've made me."
Mandalorian | Clan Vizsla | Hired Gun | Heavy | Scarred | Left Cyberarm | Beard of Wonder | Former Pit Fighter | Vindicator | Rockstar | Mad Dog | Man o' War | Shriek-Hawk Tattoo | Neutral

VX Sidewinder (Telescopic Optics, Electronic Sighting) | Paired Vamblades | Mandalorian Armor (Repulsorlift, Kiirium, Superior) | Thermal Cloak | Spare Clip | Stims
Wounds: 19 | Strain: 12 | Soak: 8 (9 vs. Fire/Blasters) | Defence: 1

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Yiko Kryze » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:08 am

“If you kill my father, I will kill you and then spit on your corpse,” she replied.
Commander | Mandalorian | Human | Ace Pilot | Overlord of Vantage Station
Yiko Kryze

Postby Dapper Dog » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:09 am

OOC: Cool for Initiative.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Varo Kryze » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:11 am

Varo nodded having nothing else to say holding his ritual blade in hand.

OOC: Adversary 3, no armor and no Defense, has Ritual Combatant and a Ritual Blade.

Varo Kryze: 3eP+1eA 4 successes
ImageImageImageImage
Warlord | Mandalorian | Human | Hardened | Brutal
Varo Kryze

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:17 am

Odd assumed his pit fighter's stance, arms wide. He was likely minimally slower than the old warlord.

D4. Mando Duel of the Ages. Cool. Destiny. Rockstar Reroll.: 1eP+1eA 3 successes, 1 advantage
ImageImage

OOC. Melee Defence 1. Upgrading next attack.
Mandalorian | Clan Vizsla | Hired Gun | Heavy | Scarred | Left Cyberarm | Beard of Wonder | Former Pit Fighter | Vindicator | Rockstar | Mad Dog | Man o' War | Shriek-Hawk Tattoo | Neutral

VX Sidewinder (Telescopic Optics, Electronic Sighting) | Paired Vamblades | Mandalorian Armor (Repulsorlift, Kiirium, Superior) | Thermal Cloak | Spare Clip | Stims

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Varo Kryze » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:31 am

Varo did not waste time, he rushed forward his blade dancing back and forth before he found purchase with a vicious stab right into Oddyn’s shoulder while using his offhand to lock the main weapon hand causing him to drop the weapon and then kicked it away to even the odds.

OOC: Superior Weapon for 7 Advantage, 9 wounds base + Feral Strength 3 for 12 wounds with Pierce 1, suffered 3 strain for Frenzied Attack, Critical Generated for 2 Advantage, Disarm for 3 Advantage, utilize last two advantage to kick mainhand weapon to Short range. Maneuver for strain to Engaged; Activate Dodge vs. next Attack for 2 more strain, upgrade Attack twice. He has Adversary 3, due to Commander bonus Oddyn suffers a setback while Engaged with Varo.

Varo Kryze - Aim - Frenzied Attack 2 - Melee vs. Oddyn + Destiny used to Upgrade Difficulty - Commander Bonus: 5eP+1eA+2eB+1eC+1eD+1eS 2 successes, 6 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

[url=http://orokos.com/roll/630788]Oddyn - Critical Injury +30
: 1d100+30 84[/url] - Winded - cannot voluntarily suffer strain to activate any abilities or grant maneuvers.
Varo Kryze

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:53 am

With one blade flying away, the other still stayed attached to his wrist. Odd realised with all acuity of a gashing flesh wound appearing on his sword arm that he was extremely unlikely to win this. Still, he did the right thing, and Manda awaited.

[Soak 4, so 9 Wounds taken after Pierce, 6 Wounds left]

D4. Mando Duel of the Ages. Brawl w/ Vamblade. Aim. Destiny.: 3eP+1eA+3eC+1eD+1eS+1eB 1 success, 3 advantage, 1 Despair
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

[Activating Crit on Vamblades with 3 Advantages]

D4. Mando Duel of the Ages. Crit Hit.: 1d100 9, down to 1. Varo gets 1 Strain.

Odd recoiled, and lashed back aiming viciously, but connecting just barely, and jeopardising himself...

[6 Damage]

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Dapper Dog » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:56 am

OOC: Utilize Despair for a free Upgrade to his attack.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Varo Kryze » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:11 pm

Varo took the strike in turn as he finished the fight with a brutal stab right into Oddyn’s gut and then said in mando’a, “I do not begrudege you brother, if it had been me I would have done same if not worse.”

“Vengeance is natural,” he said holding Oddyn by his hair, his body limp but still breathing. Varo sighed as the weapon fell from Oddyn’s hand, the large Mandalorian enclosed his hand around Oddyn’s and crushed it, the bones popping and cracking and then the flesh giving away. The hand mangled beyond repair

“We can kill each other, murder ourselves into oblivion. Corso Fett for all his misguided notions is right about one thing, we must be united. I did not come here to justify my choices, or seek your approval, I have given the people of Bankor only what they have delivered unto my family,” he said bitterly.

He let go of the hair and let Oddyn collapse, “Take him away, see that he does not die. You may not have won this day but you have not brought shame to Viszla, either.”

OOC: Takes 1 wound after Soak, he deals 13 wounds base, for 16 wounds, Pierce 1. Triumph used for something else. Feral Strength used. Critical hit for exceeding wound threshold.

Varo Kryze - Aim - Frenzied Attack 2 - Melee vs. Oddyn + Despair Upgrade - Commander Bonus: 5eP+2eB+1eS+2eD 6 successes, 1 Triumph
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Critical Injury - Oddyn +20: 1d100+20 104 - Maimed (Left hand)
Varo Kryze

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:13 pm

Sabine stood silently, then moved forward. "You have grown soft uncle. Or were you always just seeking an advantage, eh?" She stated in Mando'a.
Republic * Sergeant * Soldier * NCO * Confident * Tough * Mandalorian * Human
Carries: Ritual dagger, command insignia, electronic manual
Combat gear: Ritual Dagger, Mandalorian Armor, MK II Paladin, ammo, stimpacks
Languages: Basic, Mando'a
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Yiko Kryze » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:15 pm

Yiko nodded and two of the blooded drag Oddyn off to a medic. She turned to her father and said, “Mercy, father?”

“That dog did not deserve it.”
Sabine Kryze wrote:Sabine stood silently, then moved forward. "You have grown soft uncle. Or were you always just seeking an advantage, eh?" She stated in Mando'a.

“And who is this tu’kata bitch?” Yiko frowned looking at Sabine.
Yiko Kryze

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:17 pm

"Your cousin." She eyed the woman up and down. "Not much for Re'solnare, are you? And I thought I was raised wrong." There was contempt in her voice as she spoke.
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Yiko Kryze » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:21 pm

“Father allow me the honor to skin this tu’kata for claiming to be kin,” Yiko said turning to her father.

The rest of the crowd murmurs at the idea that they are related.
Yiko Kryze

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:22 pm

"Sabine Kryze, daughter of Rex Kryze." She removed her helmet as she spoke. "Ring any bells, uncle?"
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Nekoinu » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:24 pm

Vera took a step forward to intervene but was kept back by Chet once more. "That idiot is going to get herself killed."

"The situation is already against our favor." He was right. Mandalorians who willingly joined the Republic were not a popular sort. "It is too late to help her now."

The lieutenant huffed and stepped back as recommended. She tightened the grip of her mechanical arm. "That man has a greater strength than this augmented arm." She sized up Yiko as well. "A woman raised among her people will be better trained as well, even if her time is mostly in the cockpit of a fighter."
Assistant to the GM | Devourer of Treats | Overseer of the Collection | Crier of Mandalorian Aide
Nekoinu

Postby Varo Kryze » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:27 pm

Varo shrugged as he took a seat on a rock. He held out his hand and one of his blooded handed him a cleaning towel and began the meticulous work of cleaning his ritual blade in silence. Once the blade was clean, spotless after several minutes of silence did he finally speak, “Welcome to the moot, Sabine. If you seek to challenge, do so, if not then leave the past between brothers alone.”

“Or do you seek to champion your father’s shame on the sand tonight?”
Varo Kryze

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:32 pm

Sabine let out a bellowing laugh. "Oh man. Dear old dad died with regret in his heart for not cutting your throat. He was kicked out of the clan for it, but when you leave people alive after the duel, then it's okay, I guess?" She smirked, but stood strong. "I seek no challenge." She gestured to his daughter. "Your heir does not really present a strong case of honoring the terms, and besides, I want to kick you off this planet so your men can see it."

She looked him up and down. "Did you care about him at all?" She shook his head. "No, no need to answer. This is a Moot, not the Kryze family reunion. Speak your piece instead."
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:41 pm

Oddyn's consciousness plunged as his arm was crushed, the blood already gushing out in streaks out of his body. Vengeance is natural. Whatever was happening to it he thought it was Manda. The pain was turning distant, and so was anything coming to his senses until there was just pulsating darkness, and singular thoughts. He had not been born a Mando'ad, but he was dying like one. Still, much of what Varo had said stayed with him on the long plunge. Honour and brutality, fairness and remorselessness, fraternity and violence. Looking back, he wouldn't have had it any other way. He wouldn't have exchanged the pits for a sheltered, peaceful life dependent on whims of unworthy people. Or the life of want and abuse in the Tarisian urbanopolis where he had had no worth whatsoever. Walking the edge of the knife had given his life purpose and meaning. He had to reconcile with the fact that it had been Varo who had given it purpose and meaning. He still wanted the man dead. But deep inside he was grateful.

[Near-dead one-armed Oddyn off]

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Varo Kryze » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:20 pm

“He was my brother by blood and by battle, there were none closer to me until we were not. My father wanted only the strong, he pitted us against each other and my brother chose the path he felt best and was cast out for it. I am not sure if I would have done the same… I was hungry then, but now… I hunger only for the blood of those that stand against Mando’ade,” he said rising to his feet.

“It is a shame to the House of Kryze that brother was pitted against brother and I swore then that I would not be so short sighted. We can quarrel… you and I, but if you are truly family then we stand united against the outside world until death.”
Varo Kryze

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:12 pm

Sabine glanced as Oddyn lay there, destroyed. She looked back up at Varo. "I have known battle and war my whole life. It was meaningless, empty. Apprantely grandpa was an asshole as well."

She settled into a relaxed stance. "I cannot abide your looting of this planet, your refusal of engaging in battle with honor, of using civilians as weapons and your daughter's Tano's cowardice. I do not agree with the current way of House Kryze. I respect the Moot, and respect you as an opponent. That is all I can offer."
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Varo Kryze » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:02 pm

“War is hell, niece. Hell is not a place for the cultured or the weak. Hell is a place for blood and suffering and we are the jailers that make sure it functions,” he gestured for something to drink.

“Looting is a price of failure, these people have lost, we are entitled to our spoils. If they were stronger they would not have been broken so easily. Just as the Republic looted our armors and people, scattered our great crusade… so shall we one day get vengeance on Coruscant and watch that jewel burn… then Ziost… Corellia… Dromund Kaas.”

One of his blooded handed him a bottle of water and he continued, “My daughter acted on my orders, like a soldier she obeyed. These people are nothing to me, they took my wife and shamed House Kryze; paraded her headless corpse through the streets. On that day they beckoned my vengeance and I have given it tenfold.”

Many of the Blooded and other Mandalorians already knowing the tale bow their heads in remembrance and anger. “This was never about Bankor, this was about your slave holder, the Republic. Now that your people are here, we can finally get down to proper warfare.”

“There is only Mando’a and everyone else, it’s obvious what side you have chosen, and again we become a house divided.”
Varo Kryze

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:33 pm

Varo Kryze wrote:“War is hell, niece. Hell is not a place for the cultured or the weak. Hell is a place for blood and suffering and we are the jailers that make sure it functions,” he gestured for something to drink.

“Looting is a price of failure, these people have lost, we are entitled to our spoils. If they were stronger they would not have been broken so easily. Just as the Republic looted our armors and people, scattered our great crusade… so shall we one day get vengeance on Coruscant and watch that jewel burn… then Ziost… Corellia… Dromund Kaas.”

One of his blooded handed him a bottle of water and he continued, “My daughter acted on my orders, like a soldier she obeyed. These people are nothing to me, they took my wife and shamed House Kryze; paraded her headless corpse through the streets. On that day they beckoned my vengeance and I have given it tenfold.”

Many of the Blooded and other Mandalorians already knowing the tale bow their heads in remembrance and anger. “This was never about Bankor, this was about your slave holder, the Republic. Now that your people are here, we can finally get down to proper warfare.”

“There is only Mando’a and everyone else, it’s obvious what side you have chosen, and again we become a house divided.”

"If war is hell, then you have been cast down for being a dishonorable cur." Continued Sabine. "And you feel those actions justify this?" She shook her head."I am sorry for your loss, our loss, if you allow me. I truly am. Then feel my loss as well, as I grew up seeing the strongest an in the galaxy slowly fall apart, due to his one mistake, for not losing to you. You lived, and he lived a wretched existence." She crossed her arms. "You made us a house divided, don't act like it is not up to you."

She sighed, and looked at his army. "Slave holder this, that, you are the slave holder here." She shook her head. "I disagere with you uncle. This is not the Resol'nare." She threw another glance at her cousin, contempt visible.
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Varo Kryze » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:42 pm

“If you disagree then prove it with a challenge. Actions speak child, if you wholly believe in wagging your tongue then draw your blade and show your uncle you have the heart of a warrior, otherwise drink my spirits and play at being a Mandalorian and leave in peace,” he said dismissively.

“Perhaps if you pretend long enough you might actually be one of us.” Many of the Mandalorians chuckle and laugh out loud at Sabine; many raising a toast to the woman though in a derisive manner.

OOC: Triumph used.
Varo Kryze

Postby Nekoinu » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:22 pm

"You seek to shed your own niece's blood? Is this how far Clan Kryze has fallen?!" Kyr'ad marched forward from his entourage and brushed past Sabine. "I had given you the benefit of the doubt, Varo. Perhaps you had forgotten or disbelieved Mandalore the Preserver's command. Perhaps you had not cared for the people of Bankor because they are not one of us. But now you seek to disregard the Resol'nare completely by spilling her blood." He pointed back at her and laughed. "In a couple weeks, she has learned more about being a Mando'ade than you have in an entire lifetime."
Assistant to the GM | Devourer of Treats | Overseer of the Collection | Crier of Mandalorian Aide
Nekoinu

Postby Varo Kryze » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:45 pm

“I think you have problems hearing, I told her to stand down, she continues to yelp like bleating dog. I have no desire to shed her blood, but she is barely kin and not recognized by House Kryze,” he countered.

“I don’t bind myself to the past, the past Mandalores have failed us, all of us. You can cling to monuments of failure if you wish, that is what the Republic and Empire wants. Times change, and we must as well or be as dust.”

“If she had learned something then she wouldn’t be here acting like a child, she chose to serve the Republic. She is niece by blood, but one of the Mando’ade… I think not.”
Varo Kryze

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics