The deep uncharted wastes of the Black Desert.

Re: [Day 4 - Early Night] The Moot

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:49 pm

Sabine barely stopped herself from rolling her eyes. She eyed the old man, the kind old man. She stood silent for now, eyeing those familiar to her. She wanted to speak up... but the man demolished the mad dog, and she knew she had much to learn about fighting. She managed to calm down, but barely.
Republic * Sergeant * Soldier * NCO * Confident * Tough * Mandalorian * Human
Carries: Ritual dagger, command insignia, electronic manual
Combat gear: Ritual Dagger, Mandalorian Armor, MK II Paladin, ammo, stimpacks
Languages: Basic, Mando'a
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Nekoinu » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:56 pm

"You speak ill of past failures but seek to follow in your father's footsteps! Rex Kryze's exile was a mistake, he spared you because you were family. And now you tarnish his legacy and the rest of your clan."

He glanced at Sabine over his shoulder and then turned back to Varo. "If Clan Kryze will continue to refuse a rightful member of her clan, then there will be many others who will gladly take her in. Better clans who truly follow the Resol'nare!"
Assistant to the GM | Devourer of Treats | Overseer of the Collection | Crier of Mandalorian Aide
Nekoinu

Postby Varo Kryze » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:59 pm

That got him on his feet, “Back your words with actions or slink away from me. You know nothing of my kin, and if you want her then induct her. Weakness will only beget more weakness.”

“You back the Republic in killing your brothers and sisters, so your words are as hollow as your so-called honor.”
Warlord | Mandalorian | Human | Hardened | Brutal
Varo Kryze

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:06 pm

Sabine moved to the old man, standing beside him. "I stand with the Crusade. I choose the Resol'nare." She stated simply.
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Nekoinu » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:09 pm

Kyr'ad motioned for his retainers to come to him. With one motion, he had two start to pull Sabine back, and with another, his armor began to be stripped from him. "I was wondering when you would rise to the occasion. Our words have carried us this far. Now it will be blood."
Assistant to the GM | Devourer of Treats | Overseer of the Collection | Crier of Mandalorian Aide
Nekoinu

Postby Varo Kryze » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:12 pm

Varo yawned and rolled his shoulders. He then said, “Maybe you can finish what the Viszla boy started, I didn’t want it to come to this brother, but if this is what the Crusade wants then so be it.”
Varo Kryze

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:17 pm

Sabine started to fight against her restraints. "No!" She struggled, but was held back.
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Varo Kryze » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:21 pm

Varo frowned and then aid, “There will be no mercy for the Crusade.”

OOC: Adversary 3, has 1 wound, weapon drawn.

Cool - Varo: 3eP+1eA 4 successes, 2 advantage
ImageImageImageImage
Varo Kryze

Postby Nekoinu » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:22 pm

The old man ignored Sabine and stretched his old bones. His body was healthy still but it was clear that he was well past his better years as a young warrior. Those that had fought alongside him knew that he had delegated himself to commanding from the rear due to this. "I, Kyr'ad of Clan Kelborn, stand here to represent my beliefs." He took his blade. "Let us begin."

---

Kyr'ad is an Adversary 2 opponent with no natural defense.

D4 EN Cool for Initiative: 3eP+1eA 2 successes
ImageImageImageImage
Nekoinu

Postby Varo Kryze » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:32 pm

Varo was quick and powerful leading with an elbow to the nose then a punch to the neck to keep him off balance and then slipped the knife under the old man’s arm into a vital spot with a powerful stab.

He frowned and added, “We could have earned glory together brother, look what they have reduced us to… this is the price of your Crusade.”

OOC: Maneuver to move to Engage, 2 strain to Aim, Frenzied Attack used for 2 Strain; total wounds is 14 base with Feral Strength is 17 wounds Pierce 1 with a critical generated. Use 2 more strain for Dodge 2 upgrade 2 dice of next attack plus Adversary 3. Also grants a setback to Old Man for Commander bonus.

Varo Kryze - Aim - Frenzied Attack 2 - Melee vs. Old Man + Commander Bonus: 5eP+1eA+2eB+2eC 6 successes, 2 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Old Man - Critical Injury: 1d100+30 63 - Slightly Dazed, target is Disoriented till end of the Encounter.
Varo Kryze

Postby Nekoinu » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:39 pm

The old man prepared to parry the blow but made the movement after the knife had already sank in. Curse this... age. I could... He grunted and managed to take control of the blade and toss it away. But the practiced movements, the quickness, were all lost. He missed his own counter-attack and left himself open...

---

15 Wounds Taken after Soak.

Maneuver to Aim. Action to attack!

D4 EN Round 1 Attack against Varo, Dodge 2, Bonus from Ritual Combatant/Aim, Setback from Disoriented/Commander: 3eP+1eA+3eC+1eD+2eB+2eS 0 successes, 3 advantage, 1 Despair
Use advantage to disarm, spend 2 Strain to kick away wepon!
Nekoinu

Postby Varo Kryze » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:52 pm

Varo was undeterred as his knife flew from his hand, he grabbed the weapon hand, twisted it painfully and then used the old man’s knife against him. The blade went into deep in the throat. He wrenched it out painfully and then stood over the old man and dropped the blade with disgust.

“Is this what we are reduced to? Is this what the Crusade wanted! To kill each other like animals? Is this what we have become? I own the mistakes of my kin, I must, but this cycle will not end until we free ourselves from the yoke of the Empire and Republic!”

He scowled and looked down at the cooling corpse, “Sabine of Kelborn, take him. Honor him, and remember his sacrifice for what it was. This is how a true Mando’ade dies. I take no pleasure in this, we only bleed ourselves.”

OOC: 11 wounds base, 14 after Feral Strength, Pierce 1, 1 advantage regain strain, Triumph for Crit. Despair used for taking the old man's weapon.

Varo Kryze - Aim - Melee vs. Old Man + Commander Bonus: 4eP+1eA+1eB+1eS+2eC 4 successes, 1 advantage, 1 Triumph
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Old Man - Critical Injury +40: 1d100+40 52 Fearsome Wound

Old Man - Critical Injury +30 Wound Threshold: 1d100+30 109 Horrific Injury
Varo Kryze

Postby Davin Toboga » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:08 pm

Davin just watched the carnage and kept his head down and drank the spirits because that’s how you live.
Veteran Redshirt | Human | Mandalorian| Mercenary | Survivor
Davin Toboga

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:12 pm

Sabine waited for the others to join in from Clan Kelborn. She looked at Varo with disdain, but did not say a word, merely picking up the appropriate gear and everything, allowing his clan mates to take charge.
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Nekoinu » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:19 pm

There was barely any time for regret for the old man. But that had been how he had wished to pass. Quick, in battle, standing up for his beliefs rather than passing in his sleep.

The retainers began to take Kyr'ad's body and armor back towards the ship. One of them gave Sabine a solemn smile. "Welcome to our clan, Sabine," he expressed softly, "We will have to give you a full ceremony later."
Nekoinu

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:58 pm

Sabine fought back tears. "Thank you... I think. Sorry. I'm so sorry." She replied similarly softly.
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Yiko Kryze » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:41 am

Sabine Kryze wrote:Sabine fought back tears. "Thank you... I think. Sorry. I'm so sorry." She replied similarly softly.

Yiko finally smiled seeing the pain that Sabine is suffering. Victory was a sweet flavor as she put a cup of spirits to her lips.
Commander | Mandalorian | Human | Ace Pilot | Overlord of Vantage Station
Yiko Kryze

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:01 pm

Sabine merely joined her new brethren, eyes still on Yiko. Her face did not betray anything, as she waited to see what else is going to happen.
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Craw Toboga » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:50 pm

Craw didn't care for the carnage. He couldn't care. Something inside him had died with Nai and it's death throes still echoed in his head. The pain was still a ways off, not yet fully sunken in. He closed his eyes and even underneath his helmet didn't- couldn't let the tears come out.

He took his hand off the coffin, reluctantly and turned to Davin.

"I think we're about done here, don't you? I need your help with this." He gestured to the coffin.
| Neutral/Working for the Republic | Mandalorian! | Human | Currently: Sober |
Carries with: Commlink and stimpacks [When appropriate: Armor, OK-98 Blaster Carbine and a vibromachete]
"I'm trying my best here!"
Craw Toboga

Postby Davin Toboga » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:10 pm

“Sure boy, sure,” he said helping Craw.
Veteran Redshirt | Human | Mandalorian| Mercenary | Survivor
Davin Toboga

Postby Craw Toboga » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:11 pm

Craw and Davin lifted the coffin, and began their procession. The coffin felt heavier than it was. Craw was silent the walk back.

/exit
| Neutral/Working for the Republic | Mandalorian! | Human | Currently: Sober |
Carries with: Commlink and stimpacks [When appropriate: Armor, OK-98 Blaster Carbine and a vibromachete]
"I'm trying my best here!"
Craw Toboga

Previous
Forum Statistics