The deep uncharted wastes of the Black Desert.

Just Like The Stables Back Home... Sorta [D6EN]

Postby Niall Organa » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:44 pm

Niall hadn't actually been on very many dates while actually on Alderaan. Nevertheless, he knew what sorts of things young noble couples did, so many of which would be impossible in a war zone. Dinner in the mess hall was entirely unromantic. Dancing was difficult and risky, with the jizz club still unsecured. Boating... it was a desert.

And then there was riding.

Niall glanced over at his companion. He had little doubt that she'd be excited to ride the creatures. She'd been excited when he picked her up...

--------------Some time ago-----------------

Pausing at the door to the barracks, Niall tugged at the collar of his new outfit one last time. It wasn't really necessary. The quality was truly superior, and fit his form nicely, from the tailored shirt to the dark dress pants, secured by a wide belt. It even came in his usual colors, if a bit darker than usual, deep blues and dark greys. But the cape was the crown piece, Niall had to admit. Dark and billowing, but lightweight, it had the tendency to swirl dramatically when he moved.

Time to see if Lyseil would like it.

Reaching out, he knocked firmly on the barracks door.
Republic | Human | Captain Alderaan | Inspiring Rhetoric | Nice Cape
Niall Organa

Re: Just Like The Stables Back Home... Sorta [D6EN]

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:57 pm

Lyseil had no idea what to wear. It was a date... but it couldn't look like a date! And she had heard that the desert people didn't like armor being worn for their festivities, so that meant her uniform was out of the equation even if they probably wouldn't count it as armor.

But she wasn't going to wear a dress for something like this! Riding in a dress was a bad idea! "Ugh... So hard!!"

In the end, she settled for uniform-pants, a nice button down shirt, a more casual uniform-jacket over... and the thermal cloak, because it was going to be darn cold again out there. With the knock, she finished pulling her hair back in a ponytail and opened the door. "Niall, so good to se--- oh my gosh! That cape!"
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:16 pm

He'd wondered if the outfit was entirely worth it; getting it did require pulling a few strings. Lyseil's reaction made him suddenly feel better about it.

Niall grinned. "I'm glad you like it." He squared his shoulders, making the cape flare out just a little. "It's comfortable, too. If only some of the people back home could see this."

His eyes narrowed, studying her for a moment, before bowing. "You look very lovely tonight yourself, Lyseil." It was true; within the limits of a military camp, she certainly knew how to dress. He straightened, his lips quirking. "I hope this still counts as a surprise, even though I revealed the activity first. I couldn't very well risk you showing up in a dress and heels." Did she have a dress and heels? Niall's lips pursed thoughtfully.
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:39 pm

"Quite the surprise! I didn't think you had picked up a fashion sense after your time in the Service Academy," she teased with a good-natured smile. "And thank you... though I feel under-dressed when compared to that stylish cape. Maybe I should've gone for dress and heels!"

This wasn't exactly going to be your typical Alderaanian 'date', but one had to make due in a military camp!

"I'm quite looking forward to this. Local culture is always so amazing to observe!"
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:50 pm

Niall's eyes flickered briefly down and back up. "Perhaps next time?" He suggested. She would look terrific in dress and heels... he smiled. "But don't worry. You look wonderful. And I'll be pulling on my thermal cloak soon enough." His lips quirked. "I didn't want to spoil the effect just yet, though."

He half-turned, gesturing towards the standard-issue speeder he'd brought, but paused a moment, looking back. Smiling, he offered her his arm. "May I? It should be within the bounds of propriety."
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:57 pm

"Well, since you're offering," she smiled happily. Not that she was going to admit to Niall that this was probably going to be her first proper date! The gatherings between the two academies didn't really count, after all.

Hooking her arm around his, like a proper lady, Lyseil let Niall lead her to the speeder. "Might be a next time though... I'm going to try to persuade the brass that we turn the Rec Hall into a makeshift dancehall for one night: mr. Varliss was the one who gave me the idea!"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:11 am

Niall's arm was solid and strong under his outfit. Closer now, Lyseil would be able to tell he was wearing the same scent as before, the mild earthy one, along with the fresh scent of a recent shower. He looked down at her with a smile as she took his arm.

"Did he?" Niall managed to avoid raising an eyebrow as he led the short way to the speeder, walking slowly. He was cold, but the sensation of her arm in his was a pleasant one. "It sounds like a fine idea. And quite different from our academy days. A lot has changed since then." An understatement, to be sure.

At the speeder, he opened the side door for her. "Do you know anything about these locals, and their customs? I only heard about this festival today."
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:46 am

"Not much, I'm afraid, but I always relish the opportunity to learn more - and what better way to learn than to participate!" Lyseil had the same scent as the day before, the fresh scent of Alderaanian mountain flowers, along with the underlying hint of soap from the refresher.

She hopped in the passanger seat with a bounce in her step. "And yes-yes, he said he'd be willing to help set it up with some music and drinks. Would make things a bit nicer for people, I think."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:05 am

Niall couldn't help but smile as Lyseil bounced enthusiastically into the passenger seat. Her energy and curiosity always seemed to brighten his spirits. And that scent of hers... Niall took a deep breath.

After shutting her door, Niall moved around to the driver's side, sliding easily into the seat. He smiled. "Exactly my thought. Experience is the best teacher." He shot her a quick glance. "Perhaps you should speak with Vera when you get the chance. I've learned a lot about Mandalorian culture since becoming her captain."

He turned on the speeder, sighing mild relief as the heat turned on. "I do think people could use a chance to unwind. Relax, listen to music. Dance with their choice of partner." He shot her a sidelong smile. "That sounds rather nice to me."
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:30 am

She cast a knowing smile in his direction. "That sounds nice to me too. Not that mr. Varliss is a bad dancer, of course!"

Lyseil ran a hand over her head, making sure the ponytail was staying in place. "I really should take the opportunity to speak more with the Mandalorian allies here. There's so much about Mandalorian culture I don't know, that I would want to learn more about. And it couldn't hurt either to pick up enough Mando'a to at least communicate: please don't shoot, I'm not a combatant!" she chuckled. "Or something like that."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:57 am

Slowly, Niall eased the speeder into motion, his smile twisting just a bit. Was there any woman he knew that Zanebry hadn't danced with? His mother, perhaps? If he'd ever met his sister, no doubt he would have danced with her, too. "You'll have to let me know when it's happening." Was his only response.

"Yes." He gave her another quick smile before his expression turned more serious. "Although it may be best to focus on communicating with Mandalorians on our side. I'm not sure they recognize non-combatants as such." His lips briefly thinned.

But he was on a date with Lyseil! Cheerful thoughts! "We could work on it together." He suggested. "I could use the additional practice."
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:24 am

"On Mando'a? Sure! I don't really know the language apart from a few phrases, but I always appriciate the opportunity if they're willing to indulge. Not sure what they might think of a wimp like me though," she snickered a little, knowing fully well that she might not be the type that Mandos respected.

"Might take some time before we get the permission from the brass for the R&R though. At least with the new security enforcement that's currently in place."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:43 am

"Oh, yes." Niall chuckled. "They've sometimes been a bit rough with me. But it's mostly teasing. And they appreciate when you make an effort. The optimism... well, perhaps they wouldn't appreciate it as much as I do."

Speeders were fast, and the festival wasn't far. Niall guided the speeder to a stop in a cluster of identical vehicles, doubtless others from the base. "Well." He said, giving her a smile. "Here-"

--------------------------------------------------------

"-we are." Niall said, smiling, through only slightly clenched teeth. For his first time riding, he was doing fair, but clearly a bit too stiff. Luckily, his vusa was well-behaved, at least. "What do you think so far?" He looked over at Lyseil, atop her less cooperative, but very beautiful vusa.
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:51 am

Lyseil practically had stars in her eyes. This was nothing like a thranta, but more like a dewback!

"This. Is. So. Awesome!" The vusa whipped its head in annoyance at its perky-rider.

"Think you can do the leisure course they recommend for beginners? You don't seem terribly used to this." Yes, she was teasing him.
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:59 am

Niall didn't grin easily, but watching Lyseil, he found himself doing so. And laughing, as her enjoyment caused her vusa to become more agitated.

"What, are you a vusa expert?" He said, still grinning, his grey eyes glinting humorously at you. "Did they offer vusa electives at the Select Academy? I assure you, I can manage the beginner course."

His vusa shifted. Niall clutched at it, only just staying on. "I wouldn't turn down a pointer or two, though. From a vusa expert."
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:35 am

"I'm not an expert!" she giggled mischeviously, keeping a firm grip on the reins. "But it's kind of like riding a dewback? I did that on Tatooine, and they're like these really-really big lizards that people use to trek through the Dune Sea."

Lyseil gave Niall an encouraging smile. "Just relax, and remind the vusa who's boss. You should be able to do that well, yes-yes?"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:52 am

"Maybe if I show it my captain's bars?" Niall joked. "Vusa, don't you know I'm an officer?" The vusa growled. Or whinnied. Maybe a little of both.

He flashed Lyseil another smile. "Relax, though. I'll try that." He did seem to relax a little, some tension going out of his shoulders, and he no longer seemed to sway quite so much.

"I've seen dewbacks. When were you on Tatooine?" He asked curiously. "I was there about three years ago. Never got the chance to ride a dewback, though."
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:02 am

"Right before coming here. Professor Burba and I were checking out some cave-paintings and excavations in the Dune Sea to follow up some theories on what could be the first settlers on Tatooine. Not terribly interesting work for most people, but I think it's always really-really interesting to see how things have changed and what sort of mark different species have left on planets - or even whole systems even!"

She nudged her vusa along the leisurely path, figuring they could take in the sights along the way. And it was probably wise to not take Niall along for the more advanced paths.

"What were you doing on Tatooine?"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:11 am

"That does sound interesting, actually." Niall said, entirely honestly. "If I hadn't gone into the military... well, I suppose there's not much point into wondering at might-have-beens." A good reminder; he tended to do that sometimes. "You can show me your notes sometime, perhaps."

Niall wasn't quite so skillful in guiding his vusa, but it figured that the general idea was to follow the other one, and did so.

Niall sighed, looking out over the dunes. There was a strange beauty in it. He looked back at Lyseil. "That was the site of some hostilities between the Republic and the Empire. I went into it a Lieutenant. I left a captain in a bacta tank; I was shot in the final assault." He pressed his hand to his chest just above his heart. "My dislike of sand seems to have faded, though."
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:19 am

Her vusa did take lead, which probably upset the other vusa.

"Oh goodness... I didn't know!" she looked both a little horrified and greatly relieved that Niall hadn't met his end on that sandy dustball. "Praise be that you're here now. Blood of the queen, I'd be very upset if I returned home to learn that both you and Rayne were gone..."

Her lips pressed together as she realised she might've spoken a bit too much there. "... Sand does tend to get everywhere. I look forward to us moving on from this place - hopefully somewhere nicer."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:57 am

Niall's vusa, acting on instinct, did rush to keep up with Lyseil's, bringing the two of them together. They briefly growled and snapped at each other, but Niall's hand on the creature's neck kept his under control.

Lyseil's sudden reaction caught Niall off-guard. He looked at her, blinking in surprise. But before he could say anything, she moved on.

"It does get everywhere." Niall agreed, smiling. He sighed. "Someplace nicer would be lovely. Perhaps a place with mountains, forests, lakes..." He trailed off, realizing what he was describing. "I enjoy seeing other places, but part of me always misses Alderaan."

In fact, he realized somewhat more than that. He turned his head, giving her a soft smile. "I think that's why I'm glad you're here now, too. Being with you is rather like being home."
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:26 pm

"Forests seems like a real possbility," she offered, "as judging from the Command Staff Meeting the other day, we'll be heading for the Viridian Sea."

At his comment of her reminding him of him, Lyseil smiled brightly. "Aww... that's sweet! Thank you... it means a lot to me, that you think so." Chuckling, she tucked a stray lock of hair behind her ear. "You really give that sort of feeling too, Niall. That feeling of home."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:44 pm

Niall's eyes tracked the motion of Lyseil's hand as she tucked that lock of hair behind her ear. His gaze lingered, going back to her smile. He couldn't help but smile a bit brighter in return.

"Yes." He agreed. "And it's nice to feel like that, even when riding through the desert at night. Atop a vusa." He chuckled softly, leaning forward to pat his vusa's neck.

Niall glanced towards Lyseil again. "Do you think you might go back over this? Or..." His lips quirked. "Somewhere else entirely? What's next for Lyseil Panteer?"
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:51 am

"I think I might..." she said, her tone wistful as she looked at the horizon. "... I mean, I want to finish my work, but... so much has changed back home, it seems. But, I guess, I'm kind of feeling a little homesick these days?"

Lyseil shook her head, still smiling as she looked back to Niall. "If that makes sense? Aren't you homesick too?"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:00 am

"A lot has changed." The wistfulness in Niall's voice rose to match hers.

But, like her, Niall was smiling as their eyes met. "Oh, yes. I quite understand." He kept his gaze on her as they rode. "Alderaan is both my past and my future. I know I intend to return someday." A quirk of his lips gave his smile a wry quality. "But it's so hard to know when. There can always be more work, more responsibilities."

He sighed. "So even when I want to go back, I keep finding reasons not to. If that makes sense."
Niall Organa

Next
Forum Statistics