The deep uncharted wastes of the Black Desert.

Re: Just Like The Stables Back Home... Sorta [D6EN]

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:51 am

"Yes-yes! That makes sense. I feel the same way!" The vusa shook its head. Why was it always stuck with the stupid tourists? "Like, I want to go home, but I can't finish my doctorate from home exactly - and I really want to go out there and see the galaxy too!"

Lyseil tightened her grip on the vusa's reins to remind it who's boss.

"But in the end, neither of us can put off the responsibilies at home, huh?"
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:22 am

Again, Niall flashed a grin. He'd forgotten just how pleasant it was being able to talk with someone about these sorts of things. "I think..." He mused, his expression going thoughtful, "-we can put them off for a bit. But not forever. It's just a question of when."

He cleared his throat. "But surely long enough to become Doctor Lyseil Panteer. And see at least a bit of the galaxy." Gripping his vusa with one hand, he swept the other, gesturing around, his cape billowing just a bit. "We're seeing part of it right now." A rather nice part, he thought. Especially with the company.
Republic | Human | Captain Alderaan | Inspiring Rhetoric | Nice Cape
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:20 am

"We are!" She sighed a little. "I just wish we had seen Bankor in a better light - not one that's torn apart by war. I doubt any planet that's at war looks good..."

Her eyes were a little drawn to the dramatic billowing of his cape. So stylish!

"And what about you? Thinking of advancing further in your military career too? Shall I have to call you Major Alderaan soon?" Lyseil grinned playfully as their eyes met.
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:31 am

Lyseil's amber eyes, as bright as her smiles, held Niall's gaze quite effectively. "Only when I'm on duty, soon-to-be Doctor Panteer." He joked back, his own eyes glinting. "Off duty, you may call me whatever you wish."

Gently, Niall shook his head. "But not just yet. I'm still quite young to be a captain. But eventually, yes." His lips pressed together thoughtfully. "At some point, though, I probably will switch to the political. Make my father happy." His lips quirked, then settled. "Although that's not why I'd be doing it, of course."
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:39 am

"Heh, I like the sound of Doctor Panteer," she giggled with bubbly enthusiasm. "I think I'll keep calling Niall in private. Unless I feel like teasing you."

His eyes are so pretty! "Oh? Why would you be going into politics then?"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:52 am

Niall grinned at that, his grey eyes glinting at her again. "I'd expect nothing less."

He looked briefly away, studying the slowly moving horizon. When he looked back, his gaze was thoughtful. "How best to serve Alderaan is always on my mind. I've always expected that someday that would mean the political sphere." His lips quirked. "I think it is not too much hubris to hope to someday be Alderaan's senator in the Republic. Ultimately, I think I could do the most good there."

He sighed. "And... as you said. I doubt any planet that's at war looks good. I know that someday, I'll have had enough of it."
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:58 am

"You mean you haven't had enough of it already?" she smirked. "I think I have, at least. I mean, I don't really feel like going back into war after this is over. Maybe if the Sith break the peace treaty, but..."

Lyseil shook her head again. "... I hope that doesn't happen. But! I do think you could do lots of good as senator, yes-yes. You're really good at the talky-stuff, and getting people to listen to you!"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:18 am

"Good point." Niall said, chuckling softly. "And yes, I'd be perfectly happy to not see war again. I thought once there was peace with the Sith..." He sighed, before giving Lyseil a sidelong glance. They seemed to see eye to eye on a lot of things.

Niall laughed softly. "Yes, I've always been good at the talky stuff. Even back when I was a bit of a dork. Thank you."

His smile grew playful. "Does that mean that I can count on your vote?"
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:23 am

"Why, of course!" Lyseil grinned, giving him a playful wink. "Niall Organa, the talky dork, has my vote. Though you'd have to persuade a lot of the other houses too to support your bid if that's what you want to do. Like Alde, Thul, Cortess, Ulgo... maybe even Panteer."

She smirked slightly at that. "Of course, I can always introduce you to some of the important Panteers. Not the queen herself, obviously, but it's, like, totally possible to meet others."

All this talk was making her think of what Z was saying yesterday, and it made her press her lips together in thought. Can I really ask him about that?
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:33 am

Niall couldn't help but laugh at that description of him, shaking his head as he struggled to get . "Niall Organa the talky dork." He echoed. "It flows right into campaign speeches, doesn't it." He shook his head, still chuckling. "But the rest of that is far off. For now, knowing that I have your vote is enough for me." He didn't quite manage a wink, but the twist of his lips was decidedly playful.

One didn't become a talky dork without being alert to changes in conversations. He studied Lyseil for a moment, his grey eyes curious. "Credit for your thoughts?" He asked gently.
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:39 am

"Hm? Oh... I don't know, I was just thinking of something Z said yesterday. When you were, uh, trying on your swimwear." She nibbled on her lower lip as she made the decision to ask. "It was a really-really awkward conversation, if I may say so."

Lyseil cleared her throat. "He first asked me if I wanted to marry you."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:53 am

Niall wasn't surprised to hear that Zane had done something awkward. He was absolutely surprised to hear what. "He did?" Niall blinked. "I... see." His cheeks reddened just a bit. They'd both talked about what their mothers were always asking them...

He cleared his throat, too. "Zane really does have a peculiar sense of humor. And he likes to tease. Ummm..." Niall chewed his lip thoughtfully a moment. "Sorry. He's probably just looking out for us in his weird way. And somehow picked up that there was something... He's good at that." Niall sighed. "I'm sorry."
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:55 am

She gave a shake of her head. "It's ok, really-really. Just... kinda caught me unawares, is all."

Chuckling, Lyseil rubbed her neck as she tried to dispel some of the awkwardness. "He was going on about how I should wait a couple of years, because you needed to have more ex'es or something, and you needed to put a finger on it's complicated. I've no idea what that even meant."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:10 am

Niall's smile was reassuring. "Okay. Good."

But there was more. "Oh." Niall said softly. He looked away for a moment, then looked back, his expression serious, his eyes meeting hers.

"I cannot answer the first part." He said, his voice soft but serious, rising only just above the noises of their mounts. "Except to say that Z and I have different ideas about relationships. Please do not be concerned about that."

He went on, keeping his eyes on hers. "For the second... there is someone that I have a connection with. Of sorts." His lips quirked. "'It's complicated' is a fair way to describe it. But..." He took a deep breath. "If things between you and I turn out to be... serious, it is something I need to address."

His smile was gently inviting; it seemed entirely likely that she would have questions.
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:13 am

"Mm, that much is true," Z didn't seem like the type to settle down with a nice girl because his family wanted him to take his family duties seriously. At least not in the mental image of him Lyseil had.

She looked back at Niall, not judging or upset, but certainly curious. "I don't know where it will go from here... but... that sounds pretty complicated. Your situation, that is. How serious is it, if you don't mind me asking?"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:31 am

Niall shook his head slowly. "No, I don't mind." It was easy to say that; to actually explain was a bit harder.

"In some ways, quite. In other ways, not at all." Niall said. "We've been together about two years, although I've known her since we were children. With a very large gap in the middle." As before, he kept his gaze steady on her. "And we have a strong bond. But..." His lips pressed together. "In those two years, we've only shared company for perhaps... three weeks? Four? And the future looks no better."

He waited, again.
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:35 am

So it's someone from back home then, Lyseil reasoned, if it was someone he had known since he was a child. It was impossible to tell who though, as she didn't get to know Niall until after she had befriended Rayne at the Academy. And they hadn't been that close.

"I see... hmm... that sounds difficult. To not be able to be with someone when you want to." She gave a sympathetic smile. "Stationed different places?" she asked, figuring it was someone else who was also in the military.
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:41 am

Niall's lips quirked. "That would be comparatively simple. No." He paused a long moment. It was not a secret he easily revealed, but he felt he owed Lyseil a full explanation. "She's a Jedi."

He managed a wan smile. "If this creates a problem for us, I'll understand. I rather hope it doesn't. I'm rather enjoying spending time with you like this." It was far too early to tell what sort of thing they could become, but it was already clear to Niall just how she lifted his spirits.
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:54 am

"Oh..." well, that made sense to why it was difficult. "Yeah... I can see how that makes relationships difficult. Jedi have some, uh, rather strict rules on that kind of stuff."

Now she wondered how she compared up to someone who was a Jedi! That was pretty darn special, after all. And... well, this was only their first date - it's not like it was serious yet! Right?

"I'm enjoying this too." Lyseil agreed, smiling as she decided not to worry too much about that kind of stuff right now. Better to just enjoy the evening and not start to compare herself to a woman she probably didn't even know.
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:13 am

"Good." Niall said, flashing a smile at her. "I rather thought you would. It seemed aligned with your interests."

The smiled faded. "Lyseil, I want to promise you something. I didn't ask you out because I can't be with her. I asked you out because you're lovely, and you're smart, and because talking with you is a joy." The smile returned, gently. "In any case, you may always ask me anything you wish. I can also promise you honesty."
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:52 pm

"Thank you," she nodded gently, her smile ever-present. "... That means a lot to hear, you know. It's kinda hard for a woman to hear that there's another one in the picture - I won't deny I was already comparing myself in my head to... her."

Lyseil snorted a brief laugh. "Which probably sounds rather silly, yes-yes? I mean, I enjoy spending time with you - you remind me a lot of home, and you're fun to talk with. In a way, I feel at ease because you're Alderaanian too, so you know what things are like."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:29 pm

"It's not silly." Niall assured her gently. He'd been doing his best to avoid making comparisons between her and Aly, in fact; it seemed unfair to think about another woman while on a date with Lyseil.

As Lyseil spoke, Niall's small and reassuring smile became more of a grin. "I've been feeling the exact same way." He said. "'At ease' is just right. With everyone else, I have to be at least a little bit Captain Alderaan all the time. But with you..." He gestured towards her, palm up. It was almost like offering her his hand, although he wasn't quite close enough. "-I can just be Niall."

He looked forward, over the top of his vusa's head. "Maybe it's Alderaan. Or maybe it's us. I'm not entirely sure." He cast a smile back in her direction.
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:32 pm

She regarded his hand with a smile, before leaning slightly in her saddle so she could place her hand in his.

"I think it's a bit of both? We're both upstanding members of our noble houses - it's understandable it defines us to a certain extent, I think."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:09 pm

Niall's lips parted, then shut again, curling up into a smile. Gently, he let his fingers squeeze her hand. His hand was warm and dry, but also pleasantly soft. The effect was somewhat spoiled by the shift in his balance causing him to suddenly clutch desperately at his vusa's neck, but he managed to lose neither his seat nor Lyseil's hand.

The vusa, perhaps pitying their riders, drew a bit closer together. "You're probably right." Niall said. "It gives us a certain commonality of experience. Select Academy versus Service Academy differences aside." His smile on her grew a bit teasing at that. "We even do our imitations of our mothers in the same way."

He sighed pleasantly, idly giving her hand a little squeeze. "Did you ever come up to our lakeside estate? I can't quite remember..."
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:24 pm

Lyseil chuckled at the antics of the vusa, giving his hand a firm squeeze. Likewise, her hand was warm, and soft... though there were some hints of rougher edges to her fingers, most likely from excavating and digging.

"I don't think I had the chance...? I remember visiting Organa castle a couple of times when I was younger," she tried to remember if she had visited, but there had been sometimes when her family had dragged her off to places to visit and she hardly remembered them, because it had been so boring for a young child. "Now I feel I need to visit, to see if I've been there before or not."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics