The General Eatery, open night or day.

[EE2] Breaking Bread

Postby Durasay Mixo » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:44 pm

It was amazing what happened when one's home was all but destroyed. The people of Bankor knew it, now, Durasay knew it to. He had found quarters amongst the Barracks, which was easy enough. And a place to eat. He wore an old military uniform, clearly identifying the wearer as someone who was in the Pantoran Defense Forces. Sitting at a table, alone, Durasay poked at the tray of food before him. Rations apparently hadn't gotten much better since his time in the military, but that was to be expected. He was quiet, watching those eating int he mess hall, the groups they put themselves in.

A sly smile as he took a bite of his food, and pondered the situation.
Pantoran | Peacekeeper | Senator | Commanding Presence | Field Commander | Tough | Enhanced Leader | Strong in the Force
Carries: Paired Heavy Blaster Pistols w/ Bantha Eye Lasersight | Vibrosword (+1 Melee Defense) | Utility Belt with gear | Heavy Battle Armor (1/1 Defense)
Languages: Basic, Huttese, Mando'a, Pantoran

"We won't leave anyone behind."
Durasay Mixo

Re: [EE2] Breaking Bread

Postby Galen Sol » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:56 am

Galen and Navi were one group, sitting by themselves, not far away. The hunter had found some greens the small creature would like. It was a much better meal than the scraps he usually took from Galen's plate.
Human | Force Sensitive | Seeker | Hunter | Neutral
Wears: Heavy Clothing, Utility Belt, Thermal Cloak
Carries: Datapad, Comlink, Scanner Goggles, Other Gear as Necessary
Pet: Navi
Galen Sol

Postby Durasay Mixo » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:27 am

Durasay looked up, feeling something along the base of his spine. His yellow-amber eyes scanning the crowd. Falling upon a man he recognized. Galen. He was there when they found the first body from Azanak. Grabbing his tray, he stood from his table, and walked over to the other man. Looking down at the table, he smiled, broadly. "Is this seat taken?"
Pantoran | Peacekeeper | Senator | Commanding Presence | Field Commander | Tough | Enhanced Leader | Strong in the Force
Carries: Paired Heavy Blaster Pistols w/ Bantha Eye Lasersight | Vibrosword (+1 Melee Defense) | Utility Belt with gear | Heavy Battle Armor (1/1 Defense)

Durasay Mixo

Postby Galen Sol » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:33 pm

There was a brief moment, before recognition came. "Not at all. Please sit."
Galen Sol

Postby Azura Mora » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:39 pm

Azura had got back to the ship, and after breaking a few things in frustration from a wasted afternoon had taken a long hot shower. All that was left was to get food...so to the mess hall she went! She had, thankfully, calmed down by now, so when she entered (still wearing her armour and weapons) she looked a little less threatening than she normally would have if she was still angry.

She managed to claim some food for herself, then found somewhere to sit.
Neutral * Human * Smuggler * Has anger issues * Dangerous * Jax's glamorous assistant * Part of the Midnight crew * Force sensitive? Description
Equipment: Blaster, pistol, armour, odd cylinder-shaped item, comms, stimpacks
Azura Mora

Postby Durasay Mixo » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:48 pm

Durasay slid into the seat across from Galen, his smile pleasant. His eyes were drawn to Navi, watching the creature for a moment. That feeling down his spine of the ripples in the Force, the way life just is between everything, was disturbed by another.

He looked about, a sense of curiosity washing over he thought he felt something, as someone entered. Looking back to Galen, he shook his head.

"First a murder scene, now a warzone. What are the odds we'll meet each other again someplace peaceful sometime." He laughed a little at his own statement

Durasay Mixo

Postby Galen Sol » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:01 pm

"At the least, we try to make such situations better." Galen chuckled. "Though I never found out much of how that incident on Nar Shaddaa turned out."
Galen Sol

Postby Durasay Mixo » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:32 pm

"An ancient cult that worshipped their red star sun. Specifically hunted down force users, claiming them as witches and demons." Durasay spoke almost non-chalantly. "The killer was a being named Azanak. It ended with a fight in a club, with bombs strapped to civilians and himself. With the aid of Lady Alysele Cortess of the Jedi Order, Colonel Hala Moraal of the Sith, Jo'ren Rath of the Sith, and myself, with aid from Lana Beniko, putting him down, alive."

A few thoughtful bites, and he looked back up. "So the killings were stopped."

Durasay Mixo

Postby Azura Mora » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:03 pm

Azura wasn't trying to listen in, but the summary story from the odd blue guy had her attention.

What the fuck?
Neutral * Human * Smuggler * Has anger issues * Dangerous * Jax's glamorous assistant * Part of the Midnight crew * Force sensitive? Description
Azura Mora

Postby Galen Sol » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:11 pm

"Good." he nodded. "I found myself involved in other matters after we met, so I'm glad that was taken care of. And, that you came through it intact. There was a lot going on back then."
Galen Sol

Postby Durasay Mixo » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:23 pm

"Yes, there was. Nar Shaddaa is never a place to be complacent, but that was a hell of a week." He chuckled at that, stirring the carb-mush with his spork. "I came away from it with more than just a feeling of accomplishment. A sense of purpose. A greater sense of where I am in connection with the Force."

Nar Shaddaa was almost a spiritual experience. In more ways than one for the Senator.

Durasay Mixo

Postby Azura Mora » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:30 pm

Oh. Must be Jedi.

"Ugh" she said quietly, looking back at her food. Having no idea who either were, and while she wanted to ask more...Jedi were the worst. Or at least joint worst.
Azura Mora

Postby Galen Sol » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:44 pm

"So did I." Galen nodded again. "At the least, I learned to embrace it more and to learn more. The Jedi and the Sith both suggested I should join them to gain more understanding, but I think there's more than just what they offer."
Galen Sol

Postby Durasay Mixo » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:58 pm

"Agreed. I wasn't terribly swayed by either organization as a whole. But there were a few I might on both sides that I enjoyed discussions about the Force with." Durasay nodded in agreement.

"The Great Mystery isn't a monopoly, that's for damn sure."

Though I do align with my Master. The strength in oneself isn't from shutting out emotions, but from using them, honing them to achieve ones goals.

Durasay Mixo

Postby Azura Mora » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:23 pm

Both sides are morons, that's why. Jedi are goody-two-shoes that don't even follow their own code properly, and Sith are so absorbed by stupidity they just get killed by their own all the time.

Azura glowered at her food. It was terrible, and she would rather eat almost anything else, but she had this now.
Azura Mora

Postby Galen Sol » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:57 pm

"No, it is not." he agreed. "And, I think some within the orders are too short-sighted to see beyond their own teachings. They aren't all like that, but I definitely prefer following my own path, for now."
Galen Sol

Postby Durasay Mixo » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:22 am

"You and I are alike in that, I think. Though for me it's more just trusting in the Force to bring me where I need to be, when I need to be there." Durasay spoke, before grabbing the bread ration.

Already hard as a rock. If I ever need to fix my armor, I'll come to the kitchen first.

"I can feel it here. As if Bankor was calling to me."

Durasay Mixo

Postby Galen Sol » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:40 am

"I don't know." he shrugged. "I can feel the life of the planet. I don't know that it pulled me here. Though, it was suggested by another that I come here."
Galen Sol

Postby Durasay Mixo » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:57 am

Durasay smirked. "Well, who knows how the Force chooses to operate. But it could also just be pretty mundane." The Pantoran shrugged, before taking another spoonful of the meal. Chewing thoughtfully, he didn't say anything for a moment.

"I think the food was better on the Smuggler's Moon."

Durasay Mixo

Postby Galen Sol » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:02 pm

"In some places." he shrugged. "But, this is serviceable. I just wish there were fresher vegetables for Navi."
Galen Sol

Postby Durasay Mixo » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:59 pm

"That'll be important to get on, once we secure the theater. Getting farming and agriculture set up. Rations will just bring civilian morale down if we don't get that set up soon." Durasay looked to the creature, offering a soft smile.

"Did we bring any scientists or farmers with us?"

Durasay Mixo

Postby Galen Sol » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:12 pm

"I'm not aware of any, but I'd be surprised if there weren't at least a few." he shrugged.
Galen Sol

Postby Durasay Mixo » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:13 pm

He nodded in response. "It would make sense. I just haven't met any, either. But that's not surprising. With all the beings that have come along with the Strike Force, it would be impossible to meet everyone." A quick raise of his eyebrows, then a shrug. "Though I think I'm going to focus on making sure we leave with minimal losses on our side as possible."

Durasay Mixo

Postby Galen Sol » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:22 am

"It is an interesting question, though. Excuse me." he called out to Azura. "Have you heard anything regarding helping restore the farmlands?"
Galen Sol

Postby Azura Mora » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:48 am

Azura blinked as she was called to, looking round at the guy with the funny looking creature.

"Well, we've been working on the water supplies until that turned into a waste of fucking time. Wouldn't be surprised if we're expected to teach them to farm as well, but heard nothing so far."
Azura Mora

Next
Forum Statistics