The General Eatery, open night or day.

[Day 3 - Early Afternoon] Food is Food

Postby Teffa » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:10 am

As much as the food around here wasn't exactly cooked by chefs that knew the exact nuances when it comes to flavour and edibility, left to the mercy of the droids and their set programming, Teffa didn't find the food lousy around here. In fact, it was practically a banquet after a few days in space piloting her clunker freighter. At least the food was cooked on both sides and wasn't a slop made by chemical reactions that scarcely looked like what the packaging displayed. The flavouring could use some work, she could agree on that. While some soldiers were waiting for their tailor-made orders, Teffa merely bypassed that line and took whatever was available at the moment. With a tray in one hand and a loaf of bread between her teeth, she smoothly weaved through the crowds. She picked up a gravy-slathered mystery meat stew, rice that had been sitting at the heat lamps for an hour then it should have been and that fungi salad everyone left alone. Food is food!
Neutral | Chiss | Trucker (Currently) | Gambler | Drifter

Description
Carries: Light Blaster Pistol, Commlink x2, Stimpack, Sabacc Deck

Arbee, Droid
Teffa

Re: [Day 3 - Early Afternoon] Food is Food

Postby Hamelin » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:19 am

Hamelin carries a tray of food with him as he looks around for a spot to sit. Unfortunately for him, the food of other races tasted just plain rancid to what he grew up on. Still he cannot complain as it is better than going hungry. He spots an open spot at the table with a Chiss.

He approaches her and nods. <Spik fokc povler sume>
'Is this spot taken?"
Gand | Jedi | Ex-Criminal | Apostle of Death | Short
Carries: Ammonia Breath Respirator, Armoured Robes, Backpack, Lightsaber, Load Bearing Gear, Scanner Goggles, Spacesuit, Thermal Cloak, Thermal Detonator, Utility Belt
Ship: Staccato
Hamelin

Postby Teffa » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:01 pm

Teffa had barely settled at her seat when she was approached by the gand. She took out the piece of bread that she held with her mouth and looked up at him, taking a moment to process the eccentricities of his speech. Eventually, she perked up and gestured to the seat across from her. "Oh, not at all! Have a seat if you'll like! I'm Teffa!"

Description

Arbee, Droid
Teffa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:39 am

Niall had done a good job at interrupting his breakfast, so Zane decided a trip to the mess hall was due. He didn't mind waiting though, and ordered something fresh.

It was about 15 minutes later that he was served, and looking for a table. A clash of blue skin caught his eye and he found himself making his way over. "Afternoon." He greeted the young woman and the hand as he arrived. "This table have room for a third?"
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Ship: Three Drinks Smells like: Whiskey, Cigarettes, Cologne
Zanebry Varliss

Postby Teffa » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:03 am

Teffa raised her gaze upwards after taken a few bites of her bread when another person approached her table. It seems she was rather popular or maybe she had snatched prime table real estate. Considering how the Republic soldiers had their set tables, it was likely everything else was a wild frontier. "Good afternoon! I'd say so, a fourth and a fifth too at the moment but it might not last very long. You're more than welcome to have a seat."

Description

Arbee, Droid
Teffa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:45 am

"Thanks." He offered with a easy smile as he picked a seat diagonally across from her. "Military folk aren't too bad, but sometimes its nice to get a break from them." His tray was loaded with what looked like just cooked food. Some sort of pasta in sauce, as well as a salad. Desert it seemed was a selection of fresh fruit, and it was finished off with a cup of Kaf.

"I'm Zanebry Varliss by the way." He offered in way of introduction, as he reached into his jacket and pulled out a flask,and poured a measure of amber liquid into his drink.
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Teffa » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:09 am

"But do you really get a break from them? They're like, everywhere around here, bases, bunkers and battlements. I guess they'll probably too busy chowing to pay much notice to folks like us," Teffa smirked before picking up her fork and poking around the mushroom salad on her plate. She took a few mouthfuls of the offering before speaking once more, dabbing her lips with the paper napkin.

She gave a deep nod of her head at her own introduction. "Teffa. Well, you can call me that. Pleased to meet you, Zanebry. I guess you're almost like me and volunteering. Or whatever it is to keep fed without needing to sign up permanently with these Republic folks."

Description

Arbee, Droid
Teffa

Postby Hamelin » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:51 am

<Sadj sodme cunema come oem> Hamelin introduces himself and takes a seat.
"Jedi Knight Hamelin, pleased to make your acquaintance."

He greets Z when he arrives. <Soum ddupem sodm sac vkoe cime ajkern cune>
"Did you just arrive recently I don't recall seeing you around before Teffa. Good to see that the blessings of death have not claimed you yet Berry."
Carries: Ammonia Breath Respirator, Armoured Robes, Backpack, Lightsaber, Load Bearing Gear, Scanner Goggles, Spacesuit, Thermal Cloak, Thermal Detonator, Utility Belt
Hamelin

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:28 pm

"Nope, not yet Hamelin." He offered with a easy smile. "Though they'll likely get there one of these days." Turning back towards the lady he quirked a smile. "They are pretty omnipresent." Z mused. "Don't think I've seen so much Republic blue in years." He gestured to the table. "but for the moment at least this like you said, an oasis."

"Well, as Hamelin pointed out, you can call me Berry." It was as easy as anything. "Yeah, they have me working on all kinds of things already. I suppose that will be you aswell in the coming days, seems they can use all the help they can get after all."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Hamelin » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:01 am

<Scums oef coi efun pokl cuqu pciule voe> Hamelin replies.
"We all accept the blessings someday. Though for now, let us hope that day is far away."

He looks back over to Teffa. <Souem vo moce vloye asdin foufnen cunmol>
"So what business brings you here miss Teffa?"
Hamelin

Postby Teffa » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:13 am

"A Jedi Knight?" She murmured with a bemused tone, wondering if was being serious and looking for attention. Did Jedi hang out at mess halls, or even need to eat for that matter? "Sure, I guess that works..."

Teffa turned her head slightly so that she could regard Hemaline and Zane at the same time. "As for me, yeah, I recently got in! Just yesterday, actually! What have they got you doing around here so far? I'm just a trucker at the moment and I brought in what mostly what you're eating right now. What other people are eating right now, I don't recall having either fungus or bread in my hold." She said as she dipped a morsel of bread in the slurry of food she had on her plate.

Description

Arbee, Droid
Teffa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:13 am

"Ah,I've been doing all kinda of things really." Z replied with a bemused smile, the young chiss woman certainly seemed to have a boundless amount of energy. "Patrolling nearby villages, a bit of manual labor, even fishing."

"I suppose most of the time I am forking with Captain Alderaan, though. He's had me running around doing all kinds of little things." He took a few moments to snag a few bites of his own meal. "You're a trucker though? anything else you are good at? maybe I give a few people your name, help you find a bit of work."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Hamelin » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:47 am

<Hcum podsei podaq cimer dfum> Hamelin comments.
"The captain seems to trust you a lot to assign you all those tasks. Captain Alderaan? Sounds like the name of a comic holo character."

Regarding Teffa again. <Osufme cupsam dcun aupen vpome pfuguak>
"Quite brave of you to come out to the front lines Miss Teffa. Though the Republic will be in need of moving supplies and equipment around as this battle continues."
Hamelin

Postby Teffa » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:34 pm

Teffa gave a glance around the mess hall, unsure of what else she could offer when it comes to a theatre of war. "I'm good at a few other things, although mostly my strength is in being around others, helping out however I can and striving to be an inspiration to my fellow team members. I'll try anything once!" She pitched herself with a broad smile as someone would at an interview.

"Myself, and a few others I bet. I've seen a few tankers and freighters around here that aren't sporting Republic colours. I'm here to help. Well, earning some extra credits is nice too, of course!" She nodded twice to the gand.

Description

Arbee, Droid
Teffa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:31 am

"I'll run your name by Captain Organa, if your good with people it could be he has something he could use some help with." At the very least it couldn't hurt. "Could be, I need your help some myself though, it you have any skills with numbers as well." He wasn't the greatest after all when it came to making a deal. "Maybe we could talk it over or something, sometime?"

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Teffa » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:03 am

Teffa took a moment to eat quickly, forking a few bites and swallowing it down in a hurry. "Captain Organa? Does he have a ship of his own too? I mean, other than one thing, there aren't too many things that are pulling me off to anywhere. What do you have that needs numbers? Accounting? ...Spending money?"

Description

Arbee, Droid
Teffa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:24 am

"No, not the last I checked at least. Goes by foot mostly." that could be a in for her there at the very least." He took a moment to take a bite or two of his own meal. "Buying, selling. Never know when I might come across something where I can make a profit, and I'm not the best at the negotiating table."

"Could always use someone willing to run the numbers for a cut."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Teffa » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:36 am

"Mostly by foot? Sounds like he needs a ride but I take it that he's a Captain not because he owns a ship. A military officer? I'm sure he could get a better ride elsewhere."

At least he wasn't talking about accounting, that wasn't exactly her forte. "Oh, if you're looking for a negotiator, I think that's something I could manage. At least, make sure you're on the up and up. I might glaze over the specific numbers but negotiations are making people focus more on yourself than what's being traded. If they like you, they might be willing to overlook some differences in the totals."

Description

Arbee, Droid
Teffa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:39 am

"Maybe, but not most things military come with a certain amount of attention, from our side and theirs." He offered her a easy smile. "If nothing else, there is no harm in trying."

"Aye, and I could always use a little help with that." Somehow negotiating never really was his thing. "Course, I only have a small store of merchandise at the moment, I'm hoping to locate more though." Battlefields could provide from time to time.

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Teffa » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:39 pm

Teffa mused for a moment about being a personal taxi, but that would require her to be a better pilot. That would also require her to clean up the ship, which would be a bigger hassle. "Yeah, I'll keep that in mind if I ever run into him."

She took a sip of milk before speaking again. "Oh, you're something of a merchant on the side? What do you have, generally?"

Description

Arbee, Droid
Teffa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:44 pm

Zane didn't know how filthy teffa's ship was, but from her generally put together appearance, he figured it would probably be fairly clean. "At the very least it's something to think about."

"Sometimes." He conceded with a easy smile. "As for what I usually sell? Alcohol, occasionally weapons as well. Whatever is the right price really. Well, and legal."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Teffa » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:22 am

"Alcohol?" She brought up with a raise of her brows. "I bet that probably makes you pretty popular around here, Berry. I don't think I caught any alcohol dispensers when I made my rounds the food tables, at least at the slim pickings section. It's probably doubtful they have any good here either. Everything is probably either in a keg or less than a few months old. I wonder how much soldiers would pay for something that's been sitting on a shelf for more than a year!"

Description

Arbee, Droid
Teffa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:35 am

"See, and that's where I would need you." He offered with a easy smile. "There is a rec hall here, but it's really only providing two drinks a day, and that's of some pretty lousy beer. Other then that?" He shook his head. "Nothing, except for me, And I'm sitting on ten bottles of Corellia's finest."

"If you could manage to move those for me, at a profit, I'd be happy to split it with you."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Teffa » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:19 am

"Well, that would probably explain why you're rubbing elbows with some Republic officers then. They would probably be your best customer, especially with military pay and such an occasion on the line. Nothing quite says victory or promotion like expensive alcohol. Well, I guess mourning too." Her grin faded as she gave a shrug, wanting to downplay that opportunity. Nobody with the right decency would seek to make a profit from the dead but was it worse than selling arms?

"I'll see. I'll have rub elbows with a few folks here first." She said as she gave a few glances after picking up her fork again. "Everyone seems so busy and constantly moving. It's like they have a place to be, or something."

Description

Arbee, Droid
Teffa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:52 am

"It's mostly or something." Zanebry said with a chuckle. "This is the military after all, if you don't look like you are doing something, someone will find you something to do." He picked up his cup of tea and took a drink. "Best defense is to always look like you're doing something. Even when you're not."

Zanebry Varliss

Next
Forum Statistics