The General Eatery, open night or day.

Re: I'm a cereal killer. [D4, EM]

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:27 am

"Well, of course! It goes against their philosophies of harmony," she said with an almost 'duh'-like tone as she picked apart her egg's shell. "Sounds absolutely horrible though, to live like that. So glad that you're safe with the Jedi and the Republic now!"
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Postby Layne Hoshin » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:34 am

"I'm used to horrible living. Republic has its fair share of it, but it's a hell of a lot better than the Empire, that's true."

She put another mouthful of crunchiness into her mouth.
Jedi | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Bold | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Apprentice of Balos Tyl | Supposedly dead
equipment: Armored robes, Utility Belt, Stimpacks, Lightsaber(Darksaber), Lightsaber(Shoto), Communicator, Ancient Sword hilt, Glowrod, Forcereader
ship: The 'Sunset Dawn'

"So... Wrath of the Emperor eh? What's that about?"

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:12 am

"Well, sure, no place is perfect! But the Republic and it's worlds at least try, which is more than we can say for the Empire. Like Alderaan, it's not perfect, but one of the reasons it is such a peaceful world is because we believe in education and the well-being of all citizens - everyone is provided with schooling and the nobility has a duty to care for and protect their citizens. Nobility is as much priviliege as it is responsibility to the society."
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Postby Layne Hoshin » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:38 pm

"That sounds swell and super and all that," Layne said, poking her spoon at her bowl, "but a lot of the nobility doesn't believe in that whole being responsible thing."
Jedi | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Bold | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Apprentice of Balos Tyl | Supposedly dead
equipment: Armored robes, Utility Belt, Stimpacks, Lightsaber(Darksaber), Lightsaber(Shoto), Communicator, Ancient Sword hilt, Glowrod, Forcereader

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:56 pm

"Well, of course, the lesser houses tend to get a bit too caught up in being rich and fancy. Queen Silara on the other hand sets a great example for the rest of us to follow - she's so beloved by everyone!" she gushed with some admiration for the queen and her family's matriarch. "But House Thul? Ugh, they're, like, the worst!"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Layne Hoshin » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:03 pm

Oh boy...

She almost sighed audibly.

"I know there's others with unsavory reputations," she said, "I never really understood why people allow things like the nobility to exist anyhow. Power and wealth shouldn't be concentrated like that."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:15 pm

"Well, regardless if you call it nobles, political leaders, ministers, or whatever, there will always be a divide in a society," Lyseil shrugged, having done her studies of political sciences, history, and philosophy. "I think it's really important that those with power use what they have, be it money, influence, or the Force and a lightsaber, to make a difference for the better where they can! One person can't change the galaxy, but together we can maybe change it for the better!"

"Not everyone does that, and use what they have for their own personal gains... it's sad, really."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Layne Hoshin » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:20 pm

Don't pick a fight Layne. Just don't.

She reluctantly nodded along. "Not everybody is that idealistic."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:22 pm

"I know, but being an idealist is good!" she said with a friendly smile. "It means you have ideals you believe in and stand for!"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Layne Hoshin » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:40 pm

She scooped up some more cereal.

"You sound like Captain Alderaan on a PR tour."

And placed the cereal in her mouth, to start crunching.

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:43 pm

"I do?" she laughed sweetly. "Well, he's a pretty popular person for the Republic, so that can't be too bad."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Layne Hoshin » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:55 pm

"It's all just a little bit... too much... for me. Too... I don't know the word..."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:21 pm

"I'm sure you'll figure it out! You jedi always seem to have a lot of wisdom," Lyseil offered in an encouraging tone.
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Layne Hoshin » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:39 pm

"...right."

This girl's a total... what did she call herself? A doughnut.

"Well it's not important anyway. He can handle himself in a fight, at least."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:53 pm

"Uh... who?" she blinked.
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Layne Hoshin » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:50 pm

"...Captain Alderaan," she said, cocking her head slightly, as she stared at the girl.

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:09 pm

"Oh! Well, he is a Captain, so I expect him to have passed his Firearms Training course, as well having some experience in the field," she nodded. "I don't have the experience in the field, apart from a few scraps, but I did pass my Firearms Training course with flying colors!"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Layne Hoshin » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:19 pm

"Heading into a warzone might be a poor choice for someone who'se only passed a training course," she said, in between crunching sounds. "Hope you brought some decent armor at least."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:27 pm

"I did say I've had a few scraps. Just never been to war before," she clarified kindly as she picked out small pieces of her breakfast. "But I'm mostly here at the base anyway. Desk sergeant, really-really."

She had a small bite of her egg. "My House Panteer uniform is lined with bulletproof material, enough to stop some shots!"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Layne Hoshin » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:35 pm

"Bulletproof huh," crunch-crunch, "shame the mandalorians seem to be using energy weapons, then."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:38 pm

"It seems to have worked against energy weapons too. Sure, it's not real armor, but it's protection is good enough," she patted her own shoulder, indicating the tailored Panteer-uniform she was wearing.
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Layne Hoshin » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:41 pm

"Uhuh. Just you know, steer clear of the heavy action I guess."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:51 pm

"Will do, Master Jedi! I leave such to heroes like yourself and Captain Alderaan!" she flashed a pearly white smile before taking a big bite of her sandwich.
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Layne Hoshin » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:09 pm

"I'm not a hero. Heroes get themselves killed over stupid things, and they don't have my sort of work history. "

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:52 pm

"Nonsense - anyone can be a hero! Just look at the likes of Revan if you ever feel that what you have done before prevents you from being a hero, master jedi. Besides, I'm sure even you would give your life if it meant saving a great deal of people from a horrible people." Lyseil spoke with sincere conviction.
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics