The General Eatery, open night or day.

Lunch (D5-MA)

Postby Rekara » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:25 pm

Rekara dropped her tray at the table. It had been a long day coming and going, it had been a long week coming and going. She scratched her forehead at the first rest time she had that day. She sighed and sat down taking a time to look around her, breathing in the air of Bankor as if she could determine it's future by the particles in the air.
Rekara: Force Sensitive | Mon Calamari| Jedi | Healer | Compassionate | Short

Equip: Lightsaber, Holdout Blaster, Armored Robes, Physician's Kit, Comlink, Synthetic Anesthetic, Stimpacks, Backpack

Rekara at your service. Welcome to a day in the life of a Jedi.
Rekara

Re: Lunch (D5-MA)

Postby Tethys Carrack » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:59 pm

Tethys spots the young padawan without difficulty. There aren't too many Mon Calamari with the strike force--or, indeed, anywhere on Bankor. With her own tray balanced in one hand, she navigates over to Rekara's table. "Rekara, greetings. I hoped I might find you here. Are you managing all right in this climate?"
Jedi ○ Human ○ Republic Affiliated ○ Tall ○ Profile Link
Obvious accoutrements: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink; backpack and/or Jedi armor when needed; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Rekara » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:30 am

"Tethys!" She replied with a tone of excitement, "I am so happy to see you, specially after yesterdays battle." There was relief in her as she knew that many had fallen despite her hard work along side Dr. Cole during the battle, "It's been good. A lot of work, but doesn't that just dignify oneself?" She added with a tint of a joke. "It's been raining and humid, so for the most part it hasn't been hard on me. And I have been avoiding that desert, it doesn't look like a place that I would feel comfortable in. How has it been for you?" For someone who had been in Dac before, Tethys could see that she was being sarcastic about the placement of the encampment.
Last edited by Rekara on Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Equip: Lightsaber, Holdout Blaster, Armored Robes, Physician's Kit, Comlink, Synthetic Anesthetic, Stimpacks, Backpack

Rekara

Postby Tethys Carrack » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:15 am

"Eventful," Tethys says with a wry quirk of those weird furry eyebrows humans all have, settling a little stiffly into a seat opposite Rekara. "I am glad you're keeping well. The first time I saw violent conflict as a padawan, it wasn't easy for me to stay centered. And that was nothing to compare to this."

She judiciously elects not to mention that it's still harder than she'd hoped it would be by now...
Obvious accoutrements: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink; backpack and/or Jedi armor when needed; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
Tethys Carrack

Postby Rekara » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:52 pm

"Yes, specially today was a complicated day." The Cal sighed while moving her food around with her eyes on the puree. "I have seen political problems in Manaan, but I had never been in a war before. I am learning to control the spending of equipment, because in war we depend on what we have at hand, about the suffering and pain, about sacrifice and devotion, of pride and honor. These things that make a hero. These things that also make up a Jedi."

The healer took a sip of her puree and flavored the strange vegetable mix. She made a sound that corresponded to approval. "You have yet to explain how you know of my home planet. I had not known that terrestrians had visited."

Rekara

Postby Tethys Carrack » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:27 pm

"Some do, if not often. The Jedi found both of us there, after all." Tethys smiles slightly as she takes a sip of her watery caff. "To tell the truth, I don't know the whole story. From what I've been told, when I was very young there was some kind of solar flare event that disabled some of the orbital installations and ships stopping over on the tradelanes. There were a few other terrestrial castaways, but most of them were adults who found passage off-planet right away. No one really knew what to do with a small child, though. The Carracks are the most numerous family in the floating settlement near where my pod was found, and I am sure they thought caring for me would be temporary, but then..." she shrugs, "it was a longer-term arrangement than they expected. My earliest memories are there."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Rekara » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:23 pm

Rekara meditated on Tethys memories and past, it seemed natural from her people to have taken in the woman when her vessel had been lost. Rekara was much younger than Tethys, so of course she had not heard of this event, maybe if she had stayed in her planet she would had, but she had left to become a jedi so early that she hadn't.

"I see now why you know of my language." She smiled honored "Such a powerful story, I feel so close to you now, like a sister, and I hope you can feel the same towards me, since we were raised in the same planet, in the same culture, with the same ideals. I may have grown in a different region of Dac, but the same ideas run through me. We are both a mix of Dac and the Republic, although the current events have me thinking deeply about the union of Dac to the Republic. The mandalorians are closer to us than the Core, if they were to attack us, would the Republic protect us when they delayed the protection of their own Republic planet of Bankor?"

Rekara

Postby Tethys Carrack » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:54 pm

Tethys smiles gently at Rekara's first words, but as her fellow Jedi continues speaking her expression becomes more serious. "That's a troubling question. I am tempted to say there would be little to attract Mandalorian raiders to a mineral-poor ocean planet, but for some of them, it's clear conquest itself matters more than the spoils of conquest." She pushes the food on her tray around a bit with her utensil.

"The people of Dac are builders and artists, completely at odds with most of the Mandalorians' beliefs. It could be a very ugly clash. But... I don't think the Republic would let Dac stand alone. Our home world may not attract many visitors, but its representatives are influential in the Republic senate." (Rekara might notice how unselfconsciously this alien mammal refers to the planet as her 'homeworld.') "Bankor's representation was in the midst of an awkward transition when Clan Kryze struck--their elected senator had just been exposed as a criminal and Senator Saresh, the replacement, was still new to the Senate. It's not fair, exactly, but Dac has the ear of more powerful people than Bankor does."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Rekara » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:41 pm

"We are in the border of the known galaxy, Tethys, that is why I wonder if help would reach on time. Not only that but we are also close to the Hutt world, and I have already talked to a Hutt who seemed interest in Dac. Not only for Dac, but also the other worlds in the outer rim. We are too far from the Core worlds." The Mon Cal took a long drink from her glass, it was obvious that the high temperatures were draining her. She filled another glass.

The Cal did not mind the way that Thetys acknowledged Dac as her own planet, she understood why this was the case, and nodded in agreement when the woman said homeworld "I'm not saying we should not join the Republic, it is still a strong and just ally, noble, as little are in the galaxy. I'm just saying that we should have defense posts around the outer rim to protect the worlds that are part of the Republic.

Was Bankor part of some type of confederation, group? or was it just an independent system?"

Rekara

Postby Tethys Carrack » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:35 am

Tethys finishes a bite of dull-but-nutritious protein stew while she thinks.

"As I understand it, Bankor has been a Republic world with Senate representation since shortly after it was settled about a century ago. It didn't have any other alliances that I know of before the invasion. The settlers came from several different planets, so it doesn't have a daughter-colony relationship with another older world." These are the sorts of things she'd been taught she ought to know about any place she visits--preferably before taking one breath of its atmosphere. That isn't always possible, of course, but she'd had plenty of time to read on the Valiant Star.

"Also, Bankor's population density is still low--was even before the war. There are as many people living in a midsize city on Alderaan as on this entire continent," she concludes. "A small population and accessible natural resources must have made it a tempting target for Clan Kryze. Just a few steps up from pirating armed trade convoys," she adds with a touch of irony.

((Tethys read DD's planet description, I guess. :lol: ))
Tethys Carrack

Postby Rekara » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:53 pm

"Did they not go through a trouble time during the occupation?" asked the jedi recalling some conversation from some days earlier, "I thought the occupation happened during a weak moment of the representative of Bankor which allowed the occupation to be unnoticed? Somehow the Mandalorian knew and used this to their advantage, knowing that the Senate would find out too late, and that they could strengthen their hold. I spoke with a Senator and his words were that once out of the Expansion Region, the importance of the planet's problems drop off scale."

Rekara

Postby Tethys Carrack » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:20 am

"The previous senator was charged with slaving and other crimes," Tethys confirms with an expression of distaste. "And Clan Kryze captured and killed the head of state and the rest of the ruling officials before they could make any appeals of their own. It has been a very ugly business from beginning to end."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Rekara » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:31 pm

"Representatives that were not worthy of Bankor, people who were selfish and just looked after their own dorsal fin." The words in the Dac language was always related to the fish biology of their inhabitants. Rekara had to learn the physiology of humans to learn the language and words. The Mandalorian politics seem to have caused an intergalactic problem. They, now, answer to no one but their own desires, and cannot see the harm they cause." There was a slight tone of anger as Rekara referred to the Mandalorian's disdain for other people's cultures and rights. "The people of Bankor had chosen their own representative, and they disrespected them."

Rekara

Postby Tethys Carrack » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:10 am

Tethys continues to poke at her food without much interest. "That's been their way for hundreds of years, since before Revan's time. They respect only the biggest, fiercest krakana in the deeps, and don't care that if the krakana actually ate every creature weaker than themselves, they'd soon die too." She sighs faintly. "Everyone and everything must eventually change to continue living, but some of their clans are determined not to figure that out."

Shaking her head, she adds, "They want to make us angry--to make us fight them on their terms, for their idea of glory. I'm... trying not to let them. But it is difficult."
Tethys Carrack

Forum Statistics