Portable structures to do vehicle repairs.

Re: Next Steps [D10 MA, Three Drinks]

Postby Niall Organa » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:23 pm

"Right." Niall sighed.

He chewed his lip. "This does present a certain amount of opportunity to hurt the Republic, no doubt. If things went poorly here, it could hurt the ability of the Republic to defend itself for years to come. And even at the Nar Shaddaa peace talks, it sometimes felt as though I couldn't go five steps without one Sith or another telling me that peace is a lie." His lips twisted wryly. "But I don't think the Empire is in any position to capitalize on a weakness in us now."

He sighed, rubbing his face with one hand. "I suppose they could be playing the long game. Hoping to find us weak twenty years down the line. Perhaps this is the new normal." The thought made him tired.
Republic | Human | Captain Alderaan | Inspiring Rhetoric | Nice Cape
Niall Organa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:50 pm

"I wouldn't count on them playing the long game, patience isnt something most Sith have a lot of. It it was they wouldn't be acting already. They would be taking the time to let you pull yourself into a sense of security."

"I'd say give it five or ten years max." Of course he could be wrong on that front. "If we prove some of this, is there anything that can be done to Hurt the Empire? Sanctions or something against them?"
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Ship: Three Drinks Smells like: Whiskey, Cigarettes, Cologne
Zanebry Varliss

Postby Niall Organa » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:06 pm

"They certainly don't." Niall said dryly. "But they have other things to keep them busy, at least for the moment. Unfortunately, five or ten years would match with my assessment as well."

The question made Niall grimace. "Not much, I expect. Things simply aren't open enough. I expect we could batter with it in the next round of negotiations, at least.

The grimace deepened. "Five or ten years was about when I was thinking about getting out of the military, and into politics. That would be bad timing, wouldn't it?" It wasn't exactly a joke.
Niall Organa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:15 pm

"Doesn't matter if it is, you need to make time to have a life yourself eventually, Niall. Anyways you'll likely be a better politician then a soldier, and there is a good amount of things you can do for the Republic from that position." Even in the military l, he was more a leader of men, then a combatant.

"That is too bad though, its be nice to be able to return the favor to the Empire politically... I suppose all we can do is prove the Empire meddling in this to the Mandolorian's. I'm sure they won't like being used as pawns."
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Niall Organa » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:40 pm

The look Z earned for that comment was a bit sour. "I shall endeavor to do my best at either profession, I assure you." After a moment, he sighed, relenting somewhat. "I suppose politics allows for a bit more of a life than the military. Or, in some ways, requires one." A shadow crossed over his face at that.

He shook his head. "Do you think you can prove it? Or at least get something solid? The Mandalorians certainly won't like that."
Niall Organa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:12 am

"You always do your best, Niall. It's why girls find you cute... Or at least one of the reasons." There was probably another, somewhere. "But yes, and you do have obligations to your family as you've told me."

"I can try... It's going to take time though." It might be a project he'd be spending a year or more on. "Its not going to happen in a few days."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:54 am

"Is that what it is." Niall said dryly. His lips parted, but he shook his head. That wasn't the sort of thing he wanted to discuss with Zane.

"Well..." Niall smiled. "Do your best. See what you can get on short notice. We may need it soon." His lips quirked. "Let me know if you ever get tired of me asking you to perform the impossible. Until then..." The smile became a grin.
Niall Organa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:40 am

Z knew when a topic needed to be dropped, so he did. Focusing on the other one instead. "I'll do what I can, you can trust me on that."

"And believe me I will, I'm not one to stay silent if I think you're overworking me."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:56 am

Niall laughed softly. "Well then. That's good enough."

He walked forward, approaching the older man. "You're a good man, Zane." His lips quirked. "Or, if not, at least you're a good friend. I'll take that." He offered his hand.
Niall Organa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:07 am

Z offered in his hand in return, shaking Niall's. "You are a good man, Niall. A bit of a light weight when it comes to booze. We'll work on that though."

"Its what friends do after all right? Help us overcome our weaknesses."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:39 am

Niall laughed softly at that. "It certainly is. Or accept them, as appropriate. We'll see which one my being a light-weight is."

He returned the handshake firmly. "I should get to that meeting. Stay safe, Z. We'll talk again later."

After waiting for the man's goodbyes, Niall left.

/exit
Niall Organa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:03 am

"Have a good evening, Niall. I hope you prove to be right on this."

With that, and a tip of his hat, Z bid the other man good night.

/scene

Zanebry Varliss

Previous
Forum Statistics