Portable structures to do vehicle repairs.

Re: [D4 MA] Sand... I hate it

Postby Tra Kize » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:44 pm

"Yes, but years ago. And I was a staff officer, not a commander. Much of what I did was ensure supply for the fleet I was assigned to and performed analyses on battle plans and operations at different points. I spent most of my combat career aboard different ships trying to keep them safe, and I'd say I did a relatively good job of that. We lost some battles, but none of the ships I was on ever experienced catastrophic damage or destruction," he replies. "Though that was just a small part of my mid-career."
Neutral * Kel Dor * Scholar * Retired Republic Staff Officer * Commanding Presence * Resolute
Equipment: Long Range Comlink, Datapad, Light Blaster Pistol, Antitox Breath Mask, Heavy Clothing

Description
Tra Kize

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:11 pm

Sabine nodded in awe. "That sounds like a very complicated job. I just shoot things, and try to make sure my men are not shot." She looked away bashfully. "An admirable duty, those ships can be really big and complex, I assume?"
Republic * Sergeant * Soldier * NCO * Confident * Tough * Mandalorian * Human
Carries: Ritual dagger, command insignia, electronic manual
Combat gear: Ritual Dagger, Mandalorian Armor, MK II Paladin, ammo, stimpacks
Languages: Basic, Mando'a
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Tra Kize » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:46 pm

"Well, it's made easier with capable soldiers and support staff. Nothing makes an acquisition officer or quartermaster's life easier than folks that take good care of their equipment," he replies with a chuckle. "Keep that Paladin in good working order and your quartermaster will be glad to keep you stocked with energy clips for it."
Neutral * Kel Dor * Scholar * Retired Republic Staff Officer * Commanding Presence * Resolute
Equipment: Long Range Comlink, Datapad, Light Blaster Pistol, Antitox Breath Mask, Heavy Clothing

Description
Tra Kize

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:05 am

"Well, I try to sir. It's a good weapon, though a bit finicky, if I do say so myself. But well... it ain't good if I can't shoot it due to the sand, so if I would rather not get shot, I need to keep this in working order. How are you holding up with the heat here, sir?"
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Tra Kize » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:19 am

"It's uncomfortable, but I also don't have to worry so much about sand and wind with the breath mask. It regulate temperature of air I breath somewhat so that helps too. Doesn't do anything for the sun beating down on me though," he replies. "Though of course, cleaning the sand out of it is a twice a day thing as well. Gets in the grooves and intake after a while."

Description
Tra Kize

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:25 am

"Ugh. Sand. I hate it. So ccourse, and it gets in everywhere." She frowned. "The gun is finicky, but the armor... I actually recently installed some heat shielding, so it's nice, but dammit, it chafes. Sand in all the nooks and odds and ends and... ugh." She raised her arm, where a few rough places could be seen. "Don't even get me started..."
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Tra Kize » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:30 am

"Well, better than being in a marsh or swamp honestly," he says with a chuckle. "That type of environment is terrible for equipment."

Description
Tra Kize

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:57 am

Sabine nodded. "Yeah. Was on a swamp planet once." She shuddered. "That place was not meant for sentients. Ugh. Desert still better. Not sure if we might visit the arctic, I think the commander is leaning towards the monks this time around."
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Tra Kize » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:50 pm

"A shame. I'd hoped that with reports of Bankor citizens in trouble from a second threat would have precedence. I assume he wishes to avoid potential conflict with the Imperials and treaty complications?"

Description
Tra Kize

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:08 am

Tra Kize wrote:"A shame. I'd hoped that with reports of Bankor citizens in trouble from a second threat would have precedence. I assume he wishes to avoid potential conflict with the Imperials and treaty complications?"

"It wouldn't surprise. It's all above my head, but considering how that continent is mostly barren, I think he would like to focus on more immediate help. The monks may be able to sway the Force to our side, some way, I think? I am not an expert on such things, sadly." She looked sheepish.
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Tra Kize » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:28 am

"Neither am I," he says in a reassuring voice. "All we can do is support the commander's decision and do our best to ensure the success of the resistance. Wherever we go, we just need to succeed."

Description
Tra Kize

Previous
Forum Statistics