Portable structures to do vehicle repairs.

Winding Down [D4LE]

Postby Niall Organa » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:22 pm

Niall had thoroughly checked his gear before the mission. Now he was checking it after the mission. After all, little bits of damage could become larger if not promptly attended to.

Or smells. He'd spent quite a long time showering after the mission. He'd missed the staff meeting, but he wasn't really in any sort of condition to participate anyway. Sighing, he continued to clean out his gun with the tools provided, making sure not a scrap of sewage remained.
Republic | Human | Captain Alderaan | Inspiring Rhetoric | Nice Cape
Niall Organa

Re: Winding Down [D4LE]

Postby Nekoinu » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:33 pm

"Captain Alderaan makes his return." Vera approached with her arms crossed. She gave a faint smile and then said, "I should have been there with you, you know. But we all do have our own duties to attend to."
Assistant to the GM | Devourer of Treats | Overseer of the Collection | Crier of Mandalorian Aide
Nekoinu

Postby Niall Organa » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:28 am

Chuckling and shaking his head, Niall turned towards her. "Accompanied by great fanfare, no doubt."

He set his pistol down, crossing his arms. "I wish I'd had you there. I made do, but my team's skillset wasn't an ideal fit. Yours would have been welcome." His lips quirked. "I'm worried I'm going to be smelling like sewage for days, though."
Niall Organa

Postby Nekoinu » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:18 am

Vera looked him over. "A sewer, huh? And you actually chose to wade through it?" She gave a smirk. "Doesn't seem exactly heroic to me."
Assistant to the GM | Devourer of Treats | Overseer of the Collection | Crier of Mandalorian Aide
Nekoinu

Postby Niall Organa » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:08 am

"No." Niall shrugged. "But it kept my people safer. And maybe let us use less force than we might have been obligated to otherwise. Which saves lives on both sides."

He smiled at her. "Of course, I'm not going to be posing for any recruitment posters until I have at least two more showers."
Niall Organa

Postby Nekoinu » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:36 am

"Always the lifesaver, huh? After today, you really want to do that?" Vera shook her head. "If I could put a bullet into Varo's and Eralynn's skulls tonight, I would. But that would be violating the moot and this woman isn't becoming a dar'munda over them."

She smirked. "Best stay away from the cameras, then. More than I expected, to be honest."
Nekoinu

Postby Niall Organa » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:01 pm

"If you could, I would help you." Niall said dryly. "But these were security guards, not our opposition Mandalorians." There had to be some better way of saying that. One eyebrow drifted up. "But I think I've made it clear that I'm willing to do what's necessary."

"Mmm." Niall's lips quirked. "I'm of two minds about the cameras. Free exchange of information is necessary to the functioning of the democracy, but..." His lips pressed together. "I'm torn between wanting to show people just how bad things can get, and to protect them. If that makes sense."
Niall Organa

Postby Nekoinu » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:04 pm

"No, that would be a violation of the Moot. We will have to remove them the good old fashioned way." She then gave a soft smile and nodded. "Right. People pressed into following the invasion force, right? Better than suicide bombers, at least."

She covered her smile with her palm over the talk of free press. Her expression then turned more serious. "I don't think you can protect people from the truth. You try, and then it comes out, and it turns out worse."
Nekoinu

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:39 am

With a faint smile of his own, Niall nodded. "Quite right. It's much better to just show people the truth in the first place."

His eyebrows went up. "And how have your own operations been going? Everyone still okay?"
Niall Organa

Postby Nekoinu » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:20 am

"Yeah, well, sometimes you need to pad it a bit. But I think you're better at that whole thing than I am, Captain."

She shrugged. "Casualties have been limited to recoverable injuries. No risky operations so far, to be honest. I have to wonder if there's more we could do."
Nekoinu

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:39 am

Niall's lips quirked, not entirely amused. "I don't know if that's how I characterize what I do." He said dryly. "I'd rather say that I encourage others to share my positive outlook."

"Glad to hear it." Niall nodded. "But it sounds like you have something in mind. Let's hear it." He smiled. "You know the unit better than I do, and what they're capable of."
Niall Organa

Postby Nekoinu » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:22 am

"There's my mouth getting me in trouble again. What I meant, sir, was that you have a natural aura of charisma to you. Me, well, I got that 'Mandalorian gruffness.' There's a reason why I like you to talk to the bigwigs and such when we need to."

Vera shrugged. "Maybe we could have made our own strike on that prisoner camp. Maybe we could have gone in and shot Eralynn in the head while she was making her speech. Something more than just patrolling around and picking off random groups."
Nekoinu

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:53 pm

Niall flashed a quick grin. "I happen to like your Mandalorian gruffness." He nodded. "But point well-taken. I'm glad to do what I can. It allows you to continue doing what you do best."

"Hmmm..." Niall tapped his chin thoughtfully. "Perhaps I have been under-utilizing you a bit. We should try to come up with something that plays to your strengths." He looked at her. "Do you have anything in mind? If you have some proposals, I can look them over."
Niall Organa

Postby Nekoinu » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:02 am

"Oh, Captain. You're going to make me blush, and that's against regulations," she said with a wry grin.

"We spend so much time fighting the grunts and we never aim for the commanders. I doubt their forces would fall apart but a gap in command makes for easier pickings."
Nekoinu

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:41 am

Niall laughed softly. "Well, your unit gets a bit of flexibility with the regulations. I think I'll allow it." He did not, however, press further.

"Hmmm..." Niall frowned, tapping his chin again. "The enemy commanders don't seem to be taking a lot of risks. They seem to realize how important they are, and plan accordingly."

He looked at her with raised eyebrows. "Do you think you could get a good shot at one?"
Niall Organa

Postby Nekoinu » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:38 am

"Ha! Don't let Chet catch you saying that. He has a very watchful eye," she said, followed by a wink.

"It seems so. For being on such a warpath, they have kept themselves safe in command. A shame none of them have been particularly hunting for glory." She then crossed her arms. "I think we could close in on them. But it might be difficult to finish the job."
Nekoinu

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:09 am

Niall laughed again. "I know. I've seen him shoot."

He pursed his lips. "I don't want your team to take too many risks. I'd rather that you be able to pose for that statue when it comes time to make it."
Niall Organa

Postby Nekoinu » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:55 am

Vera gave a soft smile. "Yeah. I wouldn't want you to have to come up with the pose," she teased, "But I would also like to earn it, Captain."
Nekoinu

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:21 am

Niall studied her a few moments, then nodded.

"Okay. Sounds good. I'll keep an eye out for possibilities. If you find any, bring them to me if you can. And if you have a good shot, take it."

He looked at her, his eyebrows going up. "Don't be reckless, though. I want missions with a good chance of success. I'm not inclined to risk your team on a longshot, unless it's an incredible one."
Niall Organa

Postby Nekoinu » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:17 am

"You know, Captain, Mandalorians tend to have a suicidal streak to them." She then crossed her arms. "Until they don't. The leaders have managed to stay alive so far by staying away from the combat. I wonder if we'll ever enter a zone where they charge us the first day."
Nekoinu

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:45 pm

"Yes, they have." Niall said. He grimaced. "I suppose we don't have Commander Malcolm out there where anyone can take a shot at him either."

He tilted his head, looking at her. "You're going to the Moot soon, right? Is it acceptable to report back what you see, or is what happens there private?"
Niall Organa

Postby Nekoinu » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:16 am

"Wasn't he famous at one point for doing just that? Leading from the front? I suppose that was way back when the Sith Empire first arrived."

The Lieutenant shrugged. "I could give a report back. Technically, though, you're not supposed to even know about it."
Nekoinu

Postby Niall Organa » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:53 pm

"Oh, yes." Niall said. "And there's still a bit of that. But not in any sort of way where any random team can take him out. If the Mandalorians want to fight the Commander, they'll have to commit a significant portion of their forces. Which they so far seem reluctant to do."

He shrugged. "I won't deny that there might be usable information. But it definitely falls into one of those cultural things I'm not comfortable giving you orders about. It's up to you."
Niall Organa

Postby Nekoinu » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:54 pm

"The invasion forces have been spread thin. I suppose moving them all to converge on us would loosen their grip on the planet considerably." The woman tapped her chin. "If I were a member of Clan Kryze, I would be frustrated by the ongoing campaign."

Vera smirked. "Alright, alright, you always have to play the good guy."
Nekoinu

Postby Niall Organa » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:16 am

"Yes, well..." Niall gave her a smirk of his own. "You're not so bad yourself, you know."

He nodded. "Let's see if we can't find a mission worthy of you. One that will get you that statue. They make those of good guys, you know? And a statue will beat my recruitment posters, that's for certain."
Niall Organa

Next
Forum Statistics