Portable structures to do vehicle repairs.

A little more work (D5 MM)

Postby Azura Mora » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:54 am

Azura was now by one of the work stations, her gun a little apart as she worked on upping the damage on the weapon. It seemed to be going well.

D5 MM modding gun - +1 damage. 4 difficulty because second mod. Boosts from blaster kit and hanger: 1eA+1eP+3eB+4eD 2 successes, 3 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Neutral * Human * Smuggler * Has anger issues * Dangerous * Jax's glamorous assistant * Part of the Midnight crew * Force sensitive? Description
Equipment: Blaster, pistol, armour, odd cylinder-shaped item, comms, stimpacks
Azura Mora

Re: A little more work (D5 MM)

Postby Garth Wayne » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:29 am

Garth staggered down to the hangar, casually dressed having finished his duty roster last night. Cup in hand he approached the ship when he saw Azura.

"Scuse me Miss. This th' Midnight right? Jax's ship?" He enquired, figuring anyone with a wrench would know their way around here. And Jenkins seemed to be avoiding Garth for some unknown reason.
Republic * Human * Pilot * Force Sensitive * Adrenaline Junkie
Languages: Basic (Speaks and understands), Binary (Understands only)
Standard Gear: Republic Uniform (Padded Armour), DR-45 Dragoon, Comlink, Bike Keys, Backpack, green crystal necklace, Aznuri Necklace
Combat Gear: Shockrider Crash Suit, as above + Extra Reload + Crash Survival kit
Garth Wayne

Postby Azura Mora » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:47 am

Azura had just finished her weapon and was examining it as the man approached. She turned round, holding the weapon and looking at the man.

"Depends who's asking?" she asked warily, potentially looking dangerous in her armour and weapon drawn (even if she was just working on it).
Neutral * Human * Smuggler * Has anger issues * Dangerous * Jax's glamorous assistant * Part of the Midnight crew * Force sensitive? Description
Azura Mora

Postby Garth Wayne » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:04 pm

"Oh, my apologies. Ah'm Garth Wayne, ah wanted t' thank Jax fer his help yesterday. A couple of pilots got scrambled fer a distress call and he volunteered."

The taller man extended a hand to shake in standard greeting.
Standard Gear: Republic Uniform (Padded Armour), DR-45 Dragoon, Comlink, Bike Keys, Backpack, green crystal necklace, Aznuri Necklace
Combat Gear: Shockrider Crash Suit, as above + Extra Reload + Crash Survival kit
Garth Wayne

Postby Azura Mora » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:17 pm

Azura lowered the weapon back onto the bench.

"Azura Mora, part of the Midnight crew" she shook the offered hand, tilting her head slightly as if noticing something...which she didn't comment on.

"So he's back being a hero then? Lovely, I'll let him know I'm keeping the ship if he gets blown up then" a grin at that "good to meet you Garth. He's asleep right now, I think the excitement of the days got to him, poor old thing. Can I take a message?"
Azura Mora

Postby Garth Wayne » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:25 am

"It were nothing important, just came by t' say that fer an old fella, he still knows a few tricks. And if he was ever lookin' fer a wingman, ah'd be willing."

Garth takes a moment to size up Azura, in a hopefully non creepy manner.

"So he's the pilot, yeah? That make you.....the brains of the operation?"
Garth Wayne

Postby Tethys Carrack » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:51 am

Meanwhile, in another part of the hangar...

Tethys is also at a workbench, the one near the droid maintenance stations. She'd wanted to check in about V1-V0--after the terrible state it had been reduced to yesterday it would have needed extensive maintenance. Given the cause for which it had risked destruction it surely deserved to jump the queue, which might be easier with a friendly word from a Jedi.

But when she had arrived at the hangar, she discovered her intervention wasn't necessary. Veeone had been given top priority for an oil bath and was already out and about. Reassured but now at loose ends, she decided to take advantage of the Republic mechanics' truly excellent array of tools to take a look at her lightsaber emitter. Last time she had ignited it, the blade had the slightest wavery quality that made her wonder if the emitter might be slipping out of alignment. Or, of course, it could all have been a visual effect of the desert heat. Well, there's only one way to find out.

So here she is, head bent over a half-disassembled lightsaber, examining it bit by bit.
Jedi ○ Human ○ Republic Affiliated ○ Tall ○ Profile Link
Obvious accoutrements: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink; backpack and/or Jedi armor when needed; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:08 am

Cole had stepped out of the medical facilities and into the scorching desert air, taking a break after two intense hours of surgery on the patients who had been triaged by medics. Though he worked on his feet, he spent most of his time on ships, so he took the opportunity to walk. His feet took him through the hanger where Tethys was working on a patient of her own. "How's the surgery going?" he deadpanned.
Galactic Republic Navy | Captain | Surgeon | Human | Profile | Avatar | Theme2
GEAR: Diagnostic Spectacles, Heavy Clothing, Custom Expanded Medpac, Mini-Med Droid, Datapad, Flask.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

"It's too late for a revolution. Brace for the final solution."
Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Tethys Carrack » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:12 am

"Hm?" The supposed preternatural senses of the Jedi do have some reality to them, but this is a very noisy, busy hangar. Tethys had sensed the footsteps behind her but hadn't registered them as belonging to anyone in particular, so she raises her eyebrows in mild surprise as she straightens up and turns toward Cole.

"It's a minor procedure with little risk to the patient," she replies in kind. "Good morning, Dr. Ormont."
Obvious accoutrements: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink; backpack and/or Jedi armor when needed; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
Tethys Carrack

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:19 am

"Good morning, Knight Carrack." He ran a hand through his hair and asked, with genuine interest, "what's the procedure today?"
GEAR: Diagnostic Spectacles, Heavy Clothing, Custom Expanded Medpac, Mini-Med Droid, Datapad, Flask.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Tethys Carrack » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:01 am

"I'm checking the beam emitter alignment," she says, moving a little to the side so Cole can see into the intricate innards of the lightsaber. "If it gets off-center, even just slightly, the blade becomes less focused."

((Teching the tech with technobabble time!))
Tethys Carrack

Postby Azura Mora » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:04 am

Garth Wayne wrote:"It were nothing important, just came by t' say that fer an old fella, he still knows a few tricks. And if he was ever lookin' fer a wingman, ah'd be willing."

Garth takes a moment to size up Azura, in a hopefully non creepy manner.

"So he's the pilot, yeah? That make you.....the brains of the operation?"

That brought a smirk to Azuras face. Enough that she didn't shoot him for sizing her up.

"Of course I'm the brains...and the brawn of the operation. I'm gunner mainly" she shrugged "he doesn't listen to my brilliant ideas, but that's fine as long as he keeps doing a good job. So what do you do then? Other than dragging old Jax around to be saving people?"
Azura Mora

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:13 am

Tethys Carrack wrote:"I'm checking the beam emitter alignment," she says, moving a little to the side so Cole can see into the intricate innards of the lightsaber. "If it gets off-center, even just slightly, the blade becomes less focused."

((Teching the tech with technobabble time!))

Studying the lightsaber's innards, it was like an autopsy, the parts as complicated and tightly packed as any living species' organs. "Hrmm, like correcting myopia," he suggested, "focus is important." He adjusted his spectacles, they'd slid forward slightly as he'd leaned over.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Garth Wayne » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:14 am

"Swoop racer turned fighter pilot." Garth answers simply. "Onderon got a little hot so switched career paths to one where ya generally know who wants ta kill ya."

"Gunner huh? Into small arms as well?" He asks as he points at the wespon she was working on. "Ah'm far from an expert, but that don't look standard issue. You a tech too?"
Garth Wayne

Postby Azura Mora » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:21 am

"So another flyboy, I can see why Jax took a likin' to you" Azura said with a small nod, bringing her gun round to let Garth see it.

"I dabble in everything. I can fly, I can use pretty much any weapon, and I mod stuff here and there. I wouldn't say any were a real strength, but I raised myself so I learnt to be self-sufficient."

(Cornet Arms H-7 "Equalizer" Blaster Pistol)
Azura Mora

Postby Garth Wayne » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:29 am

"Oh, 'fore ah forget. Ah'm guessing ah owe you some thanks fer helpin us through the blockade when we entered the system."

He pats the sidearm holstered to his hip. "Mine's just standard issue DL44. Pretty borin, but it shoots straight."
Garth Wayne

Postby Tethys Carrack » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:35 am

Dr. Cole Ormont wrote:Studying the lightsaber's innards, it was like an autopsy, the parts as complicated and tightly packed as any living species' organs. "Hrmm, like correcting myopia," he suggested, "focus is important." He adjusted his spectacles, they'd slid forward slightly as he'd leaned over.

"I suppose it is," Tethys agrees, lips quirking. "It is all energy passing through lenses. And prisms, in this case." Gently, she extends a long finger and taps the faceted, bluish-green kyber crystal nestled in a stiff cradle of wires and supports.
Tethys Carrack

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:12 am

"And that defines the colour of blade?" he inquired. It seemed amazing that such a small device could generate such a massive amount of power.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Azura Mora » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:10 pm

Garth Wayne wrote:"Oh, 'fore ah forget. Ah'm guessing ah owe you some thanks fer helpin us through the blockade when we entered the system."

He pats the sidearm holstered to his hip. "Mine's just standard issue DL44. Pretty borin, but it shoots straight."

"Oh the blockade? Were you involved in that?" Azura smiled "that was fun. Blowing those stupid Mandos out the sky. I'd totally do that again if I had the option!"

She peered at the sidearm.

"I can try to mod it another time if you want? Unless you're not allowed to. After all, you said standard issue...so I assume you're Republic?"
Azura Mora

Postby Tethys Carrack » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:29 pm

Dr. Cole Ormont wrote:"And that defines the colour of blade?" he inquired. It seemed amazing that such a small device could generate such a massive amount of power.

"Yes. Well... it's complicated. Some types of kyber crystal are found in different colors," she says, seeming perfectly happy (in her cool way) to explain more. "But the Jedi who carries the saber also influences the crystal. Its visible color can shift over time--when it does, it reflects the nature of the owner's attunement with the Force."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Garth Wayne » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:06 am

Azura Mora wrote:"Oh the blockade? Were you involved in that?" Azura smiled "that was fun. Blowing those stupid Mandos out the sky. I'd totally do that again if I had the option!"

She peered at the sidearm.

"I can try to mod it another time if you want? Unless you're not allowed to. After all, you said standard issue...so I assume you're Republic?"

"Nah, ah missed that firefight. More pilots than ships these days." Garth replies, but he doesn't seem overly disappointed.

"And as fer ma gun, heck ah never even thought of it. It'd be rude o' me to impose though."
Garth Wayne

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:21 am

Tethys Carrack wrote:"Yes. Well... it's complicated. Some types of kyber crystal are found in different colors," she says, seeming perfectly happy (in her cool way) to explain more. "But the Jedi who carries the saber also influences the crystal. Its visible color can shift over time--when it does, it reflects the nature of the owner's attunement with the Force."

Nodding, less interested in the mysteries of the Force, “what’s happening here?” He pointed to one of the components ((dealer’s choice)).
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Tethys Carrack » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:55 am

"Those are the field regulators," she explains. "They define the shape of the blade--although they don't generate any cutting power themselves, without them a saber would be more like a very awkward laser generator. And it would run out of power quickly," she adds.

((cue frantic wiki-ing... :lol: ))
Tethys Carrack

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:05 am

He shook his head in mild amazement, it was like taking a bunch of internal organs, hooking them up to a battery, and making a functioning humanoid. “Your work is very tidy.”
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Tethys Carrack » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:47 am

A there-and-gone laugh like a creek bubbling greets that compliment. "Thank you, Doctor. But you can't see the messes that came before, when I was learning to construct it."
Tethys Carrack

Next
Forum Statistics