Portable structures to do vehicle repairs.

Pink Lady (Day 6 Early Night, three drinks)

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:49 am

Part of Z had wanted to go check on Nytera, she was likely quite frightened after the assassination attempt earlier that day, but after their last conversation he had been avoiding her, to at least a degree. Instead he was spending his evening with a woman that was far more boring. One could say that Eralynn Varad was mildly attractive, at least in the face, she seemed to lack any redeeming qualities as a woman though. It was no wonder her husband here had never produced any offspring.

Still he needed to go through the logs he had found, they might hold something. So pouring himself a rather stiff drink, he took a seat in his common room chair and picked up his datapad... Might as well start at the beginning.
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Ship: Three Drinks Smells like: Whiskey, Cigarettes, Cologne
Zanebry Varliss

Re: Pink Lady (Day 6 Early Night, three drinks)

Postby Nekoinu » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:12 pm

The first few logs were nothing too surprising. From its activation, the droid was either a part of its mundane work or witness to executions performed by Clan Varad. However, eventually the logs moved to involve off-planet ventures, where it transported spoils of war. In the hangar, however, was a familiar face. Bits and pieces were cut out due to the labor, though.

Orar.png
Orar.png (85.84 KiB) Viewed 6281 times

"How is my man Melv?" he asked with his classic grin.

Eralynn toyed with a link of teeth on her armor. Her expression turned from pensive to one of dismissal. "He is adapting poorly to the Resol'nare and Clan Varad. And so, he not only shames himself but also shames you for suggesting him."

"What?" he exclaimed in a jovial tone, "He is a killer, Eralynn, just like you." The man walked out of view and then could be heard patting a crate with his armored hand. "Perhaps all he needs is proper motivation! The spoils you earned from the planet appear grand."

"My purpose here is not credits, Orar. You know this." She followed after him. "And yet you still refuse to join my quest." The two of them began walking farther away, too far to be of much use any longer.
Assistant to the GM | Devourer of Treats | Overseer of the Collection | Crier of Mandalorian Aide
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:22 pm

Her quest to be a whiny teenage girl, throwing a fit because she lost her hubby? He brought his cup to his lips to take a sip. It was no wonder Orar hadn't joined in. If he messed up she'd likely be fawning over him,and that's the last thing a man could ever want. Teeth didn't make a very charm necklace after all.

At least he learned they were transferring spoils to the ships... Maybe with the information they had, they'd be able to pinpoint a location... Returning some of the treasures stolen from bankor was sure to raise morale.

He pressed a button, it was time to move along.
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:40 pm

Garreth.jpg
Garreth.jpg (14.6 KiB) Viewed 6269 times

A Mandalorian was cleaning his blade after another mock duel. That scene was not unique compared to the others but what followed was, perhaps, pertinent to the viewer. The droid, in fact, was in charge of mopping up the blood. "I was told that there would be Republic warriors by now. I still haven't seen anyone remotely close to the title." He scoffed. "A waste of my time."

"You are lucky it was me that heard you talking like that, Garreth." The man came into view of the recording. "Eralynn called upon us. It is our honor to follow her directive."

Garreth set aside his blade and looked up at his comrade. "I know. Tradition is important," he murmured. He then shook his head in exasperation. "You have to admit that it is odd that both Varo Kryze and Eralynn Varad are here on personal vendettas, right? My only goal here is the glory of battle but I cannot shake that this is odd."

"You said it yourself. If you are only here to fight, then there is no need to question."

"They're here for different reasons, Aaroth," Garreth stressed, "They're not here for glory, despite their speeches. They're here to right some wrongs done to them and now we are forced to follow them by oath." He held up his palm. "Make no mistake, I have no intention of abandoning my oath. I would suffer any fate rather than become dar'manda. I just need somebody to know my troubles."

Aaroth nodded and took a seat next to him. "Let us say you had a wife." He smiled. "You should work on that. But anyways, say that you had a wife, and she was with child. Your first, viable one. But before she could give birth, the Republic took her away from you."

"I know what happened."

"Yes, but you do not understand it. I would not hesitate to hunt down Jendra's killers if it came to it."

Garreth got to his feet. "So would anyone. But would you order your followers to do that?" He pointed to the corpse that the droid was then dragging away.
Assistant to the GM | Devourer of Treats | Overseer of the Collection | Crier of Mandalorian Aide
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:01 pm

Now that was interesting... She lost a child after her husband died,the way he had viable too,was another clue. It seemed this wasn't the first time. Eralynn lost her husband, and in her grief lost her child? Possible. It would to a degree explain why she was so hell bent on revenge against the republic.

Though the way Garreth had said he knew what happened, made him believe the story of her husbands death wasn't so cut and dry. Was there mutilation involved? From what he recalled the battle their was a bit of a slaughter. He needed to know more about it.

He paused to make a few notes, the names of the mandolorians, and even the bearded one's wife. This had at least confirmed some of his suspicions, though sadly it didn't get him any closer to his end goal. Not really.

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:32 pm

The next important bit of footage was in a forest encampment. The executions this time had far less fanfare. Several individuals, matching the description of the planet's monks, were rounded up an executed. Garreth himself wielded his dreadful ax, the same one he had used to decapitate Nytera's family, to hack away at the prisoners.

The POV droid was busy unloading cargo for the Mandalorians to set up base there. It was more of a forward outpost than a true base, with only a few supplies there. "Do you really think that the Republic will come here?" one of his subordinates asked.

Garreth pulled up a tactical map. While too far away and obscured to be a perfect view, it gave away one important bit of information: the location of the outpost. "No. It is out of the way of any major theaters that they would come for. The new bloods, like Melv and Laoren, will be assigned here for recon if they come to assist the monks. At least here they can be of some use."
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:49 pm

And with that he found Melv, as well as the third man that had a hand in the death of Nytera's family. Or well he had at least confirmed his name and facial features. Gareth Varad, a name to add to the list alongside Melv Tannol, and Malto Brin. Though from the looks of him this man was made from a sterner stuff then the other two.

Pausing the video, he began to pull up the planet map, he and the Duros had put together the day before, as well as the list he had copied from Rav. Maybe he could put together what type of supplies they had available there. Picking up his Comm, he entered in a familiar number, Niall would want to hear this.

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Niall Organa » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:24 am

Niall Organa wrote:Captain Organa here. Zane, your timing is incredible."
Republic | Human | Captain Alderaan | Inspiring Rhetoric | Nice Cape
Niall Organa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:31 am

Speak of the devil, and he just might appear, not that Zane was all that malicious. Most days.

"Did I catch you making out?" The voice echoed from the com, with a amused tone. "I'll let you get back to it in a minute."

"Just thought you should know, I found out where Melv will be."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Niall Organa » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:57 am

There was a short pause before Niall responded. When he spoke again, his voice was heavy.

Niall Organa wrote:"I see. Go ahead. I'll pass it along to Vera. I asked her to look into it, too."
Niall Organa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:50 am

If he knew about it Z, might look forward to Lyseil's plans for revenge. As it were, he would have to find out about it later.

The lack of denial on Niall's part brought a small smile to Z's lips though.
"There is an outpost in the Viridian Sea, he'll be stationed there. The Mandolorian's aren't expecting our presence because honestly it holds no tactical importance."

Even Zane wasn't sure why they were bothering.

"I can send the coordinates to Vera, maybe she'll have easier time picking him up that way. But are you sure you just don't me to handle this?"

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Niall Organa » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:52 am

Niall Organa wrote:"The Viridian Sea."

Niall echoed. He hesitated before speaking again.
Niall Organa wrote:"Go ahead and send him the coordinates. But I think this is best handled as a military operation."

Another minute pause.
Niall Organa wrote:"And I caught him once, I can catch him again."
Niall Organa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:03 am

"I'm going to tell Vera, you called her a him. I'll send it her way though."

There was a slight pause.

"I should let you get back to your date though, I'm going to try and score a dance with, Miss Amaryllis. If I don't come back, she probably shot me." There was a slight chuckle. "Oh, and give your raven haired date a kiss from me."
With that final comment, the line went dead.

As he put down the Comm, Zane sighed. Niall was too nice for his own good. A few moments went by before he started to move again. Sending a message to Vera on his secure Comm.

"Niall said you could use this. You probably need to punch him though... Or have Chet do the same. He called you a boy."

"I'd do it myself, but I figure you can handle it."

XOXO

-Zane

Attaching a file with the coordinates and a few other pertinent pieces of information, he pressed send.

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:34 am

Later on, Aaroth was watched by the droid in an alcove in a hangar. The man was keeping an eye out for onlookers but apparently paid no heed to the labor droid watching any of his actions. He pulled out a holocommunicator and called up a woman.

"Aaroth of Clan Varad? You are not somebody I expected to hear from." She glanced over his shoulder and then perked a brow. "And my sister is not in sight. In fact, it's just you, with a lovely unmarked crate as a backdrop. It is wonderful decor."

The man scowled. "Are you quite finished? I did not call you so that you could gloat about your deduction skills, Keilynn."

"Straight to the point as always. It's no wonder that Eralynn favors you so." Her coy grin turned more friendly. "Honestly, though, Aaroth. I am here and willing to help with whatever you could need."

He bowed his head. "Would you be willing to aid Eralynn in her quest?" he asked, once more straight to the point.

"She did not ask me herself," she pointed out. She toyed with a lock of her hair and then smiled faintly. "You're worried about her."

The man looked at her with a blank expression. "It is my sworn duty to protect her."

"You helped raise us both. You're family," she said with a warmer smile. "I will see if my husband will agree. We have been looking for a worthy hunt. I heard that the Republic has just broken through the blockade that Clan Kryze had set up. Is that already a cause for concern?"

A noise rang through the hangar and Aaroth gave her a knowing look. He shut off the holocommunicator and went out to greet the intrusion. He greeted them as if nothing had occurred in there. The Mandalorians walked away from the labor droid, leaving it to perform the ever interesting task of moving boxes.
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:08 am

Well, at least a somewhat attractive woman had appeared, albeit she was married, and her sister was a lunatic. Which probably meant this one wasn't much better as well. Taking a sip from his glass, he sighed softly, that type of revelation might of intrigued him a couple of years ago. As it was, he was finding mandolorian women were much like Vera had described them. Unappealing.

Still it was a bit of a revelation, Eralynn had a sister, who seemed to be married to another clan, that could very well cause some trouble down the road. Why couldn't anything ever be easy? Eralynn wouldn't be satisfied without her revenge, and killing her would likely just cause another feud.

He frowned, maybe he needed to talk to the Garreth fellow.

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:06 pm

Well that was that, Zanebry stood up as the logs ended. The droid had been more useful then he first anticipated, but then boring pieces of the scenery weren't usually paid too much attention to. He should probably use that fact a bit more often, and he might just use MS-08 in that way again in the near future.

Striding to the bar, he started to make a catalog of the things that he knew, and the things that he didn't. If he could get a hold of Jal back on Nar Shaddaa, the Devaorian might be able to let him know what happened to Eralynn's husband... Though he could also contact Cyan Nexu, he'd worked with the slicer before... She might be able to clue him in on a few details.

Keilynn the sister was another problem, but she seemed to be a bounty hunter by trade, so Vera might know a thing or two about her. They likely moved in similar circles, though she hadn't mentioned her before.

Aaroth was a foster father to the pair, he should be able to use that... Though how exactly would need a bit more thought, if he made a poor move there, he'd likely just paint a target on his back, and perhaps the backs of his friends. Ducking down, he opened the bar fridge,the vaccine he kept in there for the P.E. virus had probably long since expired, he should likely throw it out. What he wanted instead was a bottle he kept in the back.

The Net'ra gal had been in there a while, he'd bought it on a whim when he figured out he was coming here. Even now he wasn't quite sure why, he'd liked Vera, but it really hadn't gone much farther then that. Well no reason to let it go to waste. Popping the top he poured himself a glass, and wandered over to the couch, flopping into it and raising the cup to his lips. Deep down, Zane knew he was angry, the stupidity of all this was galling, and he toyed with the idea that if he had a copy of the rak-ghoul plaque he might just release it on clan Varad.

He imagined Eralynn had some sob story, likely a good one too. A series of miscarriages, of numerous disappointments, followed by a dead husband when she finally made it past the trickiest parts of the pregnancy. Maybe the husband was tortured, made to betray the rest of his clan, or perhaps just mutilated in his death. Soldiers could be the cruelest of people when their blood was running hot. Then in her anguish, her heart break she lost her child, maybe even killed it herself,and part of her had just snapped. the last piece of the man she loved was simply gone, and would never return. Sadly perhaps, he found he simply didn't care.

Sob story or not, there was no forgiveness for what she was doing. Taking another drink he frowned softly, there were people out there that would likely never forgive him either. Ah well, that was how the world worked sometimes...

He'd need to find out what all to tell Tethys, he liked the Jedi woman, but like Niall there was some things she was better off not knowing. things that might weaken her resolve, encourage her to try and capture a monster... He'd worry about that in the morning though. for now there was more drinking, and a meeting to get ready for.

Zanebry Varliss

Forum Statistics