Portable structures to do vehicle repairs.

Re: [D8 ME] Promises, Promises

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:15 am

"I think we have a different definition of casual Jax." Zane replied with a amused smile. "But I can understand you didn't mean anything by it. It's just something brought on by different backgrounds."

He brought his glass to his lips. "I talk quite a lot, if you haven't noticed. I'm just a bit tight lipped on certain subjects." Zane offered a slight shrug. "Personally I prefer being called private over mysterious, but most people seem to call me the latter."
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Ship: Three Drinks Smells like: Whiskey, Cigarettes, Cologne
Zanebry Varliss

Postby Jax Dolross » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:25 am

Jax nodded "true enough you have no problem exchanging words but you tend to avoid topics that reveal much about you." He sipped "but I get it, like you said you are a private guy nothing wrong with that especially when you walk a dubious path." He paused "not implying that you do of course, but it's a possibility with the skill set you have."

"But how's about we move to a more casual topic. Where did you learn to play that instrument I saw you playing when I got here."
*Neutral *Human * Pilot *Smuggler *Ex-Republic Navy Lieutenant *charming *Captain of the Midnight
Equipment: Backpack full of tricks, Josephine,

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:07 am

"I'm self taught mostly, got a few pointers here and there over the years, but guitar is something I generally learned on my own. Now piano? For that I had proper lessons, though that was a rather long time ago."

"Why are you interested in learning an instrument? If you don't mind me asking?"
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Jax Dolross » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:17 am

Jax shrugged "Seems like an interesting skill, I've always liked music. I think being able to create some would be nice." he smirked a little "Plus Azura would like it if I serenaded her, she would pretend she doesn't but I'm pretty sure she would."

He looked at Z "Why did you want to learn it?"
*Neutral *Human * Pilot *Smuggler *Ex-Republic Navy Lieutenant *charming *Captain of the Midnight

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:36 am

"Can't exactly go carrying a piano around with you from bar to bar." Zane mused with a small smile. "Really though my first guitar was a gift, so I figured might as well. Gave me something to do during hyperspace jumps."

"Finally figured out that girl is a teenager then? And swears to hate most of the things she really likes?" It had taken him long enough. "Well I wish you luck however that relationship proceeds. I suppose those are as good of reasons as any for wanting to learn though."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Jax Dolross » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:42 am

Jax chuckled "Yeah I could see it being a bit difficult to move one of those things around."

"As far as Azura goes.....I think we're all allowed to lie to ourselves a little bit, I'm sure you aren't honest with yourself 100% of the time." he said his tone neutral leaning towards friendly "I was wary of the relationship, still am if im honest, we have a big age gap and work together but can't really fight the way I feel about her or her meso," he gave a shrug "whether or not its wise we're giving it a shot. and yes she acts like she hates it when I dote on her but I see the little smiles she tries to hide." he laughed a little "Don't tell her I told you that though she might finally make good on her promise to use that light saber she carries around."

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:07 am

"The one she likely doesn't like people to know about?" Zanebry asked, a bit surprised the man was bringing it up. "Either way, glad it's proceeded in one direction or another. An unstable force user is a danger to themselves and others, or that's at least my understanding of it."

"As for the age difference, if that was such a concern for you, you likely shouldn't of slept with her in the first place... I take it you did that more then a few times before you were officially together."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Jax Dolross » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:20 am

Jax shrugged you're a well connected man and she's used it in front of others in the camp I have very little doubt you don't already know about it. As for the other thing a gentleman doesn't kiss and tell and she would certainly disapprove of me discussing that part of her life." he took a sip "Just because something is a concern doesn't always stop me from following through. Won't actually know until I try and all that." he cocked an eyebrow at Z "Have you never gotten involved with a woman you weren't 100% sure you should?"

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:53 am

"That is definitely a question, and I suppose I should say, I once went out dancing with a lovely Sith Lord by the name of Lady Ralnorrei. That's perhaps a woman I should of never danced with. Though I didn't have any reservations when I proceeded." In Zane's mind at least there was a difference there.

"I suppose I won't pry anymore though, not really my business.

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Jax Dolross » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:10 am

Jax let out a little whistle "Wow a Sith Lord really? You have bigger ones then me I haven't met a sith that hasn't tried to kill me." he said grinning at the man.

He chuckled a bit "I don't mind a little prying I might always answer but the attempt doesn't bother me."

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:51 am

"You must not of met all that many Sith then. A lot of them are perfectly reasonable about forty percent of the time." He smirked. "You likely don't want to be around them the rest of the time. At which point they are like a bunch of teenagers, with laser sword and mind powers."

"Cept they are 40, and should know better." He shook his head.

"Don't worry about it.I'm not really all that interested anyways."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Jax Dolross » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:27 pm

"About the impression I got of them, I havent met too many only two or three and one I didn't know was a sith lord until after the lightsaber was swinging. That bar owner still wont let me back in." he said with a chuckle

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:47 am

"I'm surprised the bartender is alive." Zane mused with a a raised eyebrow. "Those glowy swords of theirs don't tend to leave a lot of people alive in their wakes."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Jax Dolross » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:05 am

"apparently this one was good at directing all that anger." Jax said dryly "but I guess its a lesson to know the people you're playing with before cheating."

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:15 am

"Yeah, you definitely need to know that." Zanebry agreed with a nod. "Or at least have a general idea." It wasn't like most Sith lords went around hiding they were Sith lords after all. There was too much pride in most of them for that.

"I guess you learned a lesson there though."

Zanebry Varliss

Previous
Forum Statistics