Single large tent divided into a recreation area and a gym.

Re: [D2 ME] Passing the bar

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:04 am

He likely shouldn't be flirting with her, not that he was trying that hard, but he liked it, it was easy? Setting his glass on the table, he lifted up his flask and poured a bit more in his glass where it was.

"I'm sorry to hear." Z offered after a moment. "That's not something that's ever good to go through." He paused for a moment a frown crossing his features before he blinked and grabbed a hold of the other topic. "All the one's I ever met were." He agreed with a nod. "The Ordo are good people though, if you ever get a chance you should talk with Vera. There is a Toboga here though as well, and they are a clan you should avoid. Will cheat you out of money, and get your friends killed." He shook his head, he'd hoped to hear that man had died in the crash.

"Only other clan I know you should watch out for is Mivnahl, I'd suggest you shoot them on sight, and not ask too many questions... they'd likely do the same."
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Ship: Three Drinks Smells like: Whiskey, Cigarettes, Cologne
Zanebry Varliss

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:10 am

"I talked with an Ordo today a bit, since they work with Captain Organa. Seemed nice." For a Mandalorian. She took another swig. "Also met a Tobaga yesterday. He refused to kill some kids, so... he is not fully terrible?" She shrugged. "Won't lend him money though. Haven't met a Mivnahl yet. That terrible?"

She shook her head. Sometimes she wasn't sure to be glad or sad that she missed out on Mandalorian upbringing. "You've seen many Mandos than." SHe smiled, this one a friendly, sincere one. "Lived an interesting life."
Republic * Sergeant * Soldier * NCO * Confident * Tough * Mandalorian * Human
Carries: Ritual dagger, command insignia, electronic manual
Combat gear: Ritual Dagger, Mandalorian Armor, MK II Paladin, ammo, stimpacks
Languages: Basic, Mando'a
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:36 am

"Ah, that was likely Vera then." Z replied with a soft smile. "She's good people, and a good friend to have if you ever need one." It was not really something Zan said about most people, but the Ordo girl deserved the praise. Wwell, maybe it's a different Tobaga, The one I know is named Craw, and was one step away from being declared dar'manda, after the crap he pulled when I hired him. As it is, he's not allowed a Mandolorian funeral, his name won't be added to the records."

"As for the Minvahl, yeah... Former member's of Clan Kelborn, until the Imperials managed to convince them to break off for money. A bunch of marauders and thieves, scum the lot of them."

"I have." He agreed returning the smile, with a easy one of his own. "And yeah, a more interesting life then most, or so it seems. Not that it's all been good times though, and I've got the scars to prove that." He finished with a soft laugh. "Not that I go showing everyone." He raised his gloved hands up in emphasis.
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:04 am

"Aye, Vera. She seems a bit.... grumpy." She shrugged. "Nothing too bad." She turned her face towards him, listening in rapt attention. "Wow, you know quite some about Mando culture." She smiled. "Certainly more than me. I... want to learn more, recently."

She raised her bottle to drink, only to notice that it's empty. She put it down, disappointed. "Everyone have their scars... though not showing mine. At least, not in public." She threw in a playful smirk, then quickly smothered it. "You know people from Clan Kelborn? Met their leader, or at least, local leader. He seemed like a decent fellow."
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:39 am

"She likes to act grumpy, but honestly she is pretty soft hearted under all the bluff and bluster" Z corrected with a smile. "Though if you tell her I said so, I'll be rather cross with you." He nodded at her revelation. "I can understand that, and Honestly I'd suggest Vera for it, she can teach you better then anyone else I know."

Z raised his hand, and beckoned over the bartender, he was allowed two beers as well after all, he just tended not to drink them. When it arrived he passed it in her direction. "I won't tell if you don't." He offered with a sly smile, it lasted only a moment as his lips spread into a playful smile. "Well, maybe we'll have to get together some place more private then, I can show you a few of my scars, you can show me a few of yours."

"No, never had the chance. From what I hear, most of them are pretty solid though, those that are left at least."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:10 pm

Sabine accepted the beer, and smiled. "My, what a corrupter." She giggled... which turned into a snort.

"Sorry." She took a swig to hide her embarrassment. "I won't tell her. Don't want you to end up with an arm down your throat." She started playing with the new bottle. "She certainly seemed helpful in her own way." She looked him up and down as he teased, ideas racing... but not yet. Or now. "Sorry, I'll have to take a raincheck on that offer for now. Want to focus on... you know." She waved around. "No distractions..."

She cracked her neck. "Hm... sound like a group we ran with for a while. A wookie mercenary band, who came together after freeing themselves from Trandoshan slavers. Pretty fierce, but once you got on their good side, they were your friends for life."
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:55 pm

"No need to apologize." He offered with a laugh. "I've been called worse then that."

"It's not like i was talking tonight." He replied with a shake of his head, a amused smile on his lips. "Just giving you something to think about." He picked up his glass and brought it to his lips. "Though now that you mention it, that's just about the definition of a distraction."

"Most Wookie's I meet are like that. good to the right people, but you certainly don't want to be on their bad side."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:35 pm

Zanebry Varliss wrote:"No need to apologize." He offered with a laugh. "I've been called worse then that."

"It's not like i was talking tonight." He replied with a shake of his head, a amused smile on his lips. "Just giving you something to think about." He picked up his glass and brought it to his lips. "Though now that you mention it, that's just about the definition of a distraction."

"Most Wookie's I meet are like that. good to the right people, but you certainly don't want to be on their bad side."

"Yeah, Wookies are good people... usually." She smirked, and recalled how one of the mercenaries tried to pick a fight with the Wookiees." We hung with them for a while... until dad pissed that away too." She took a long gulp from her bottle. "As he was wont to do. " She put the bottle down, and looked pensive. "So tell me Z, you know how I got here, roughly. How does one end up being an intergalactic man of mystery like yourself?"
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:23 pm

It seemed like the young woman had a rough upbringing, watching her dad fall apart slowly. "I was born a army brat more or less. Mom and Dad were both members of the military." He offered her a playful wink. "Heck, I even wore sergeant stripes at one point. But they weren't really hard to come by at the time."

"Military life didn't take though, lost one too many friends, among other things. Ended up with a early retirement." He smirked, there was likely more to the story, but seemed like he didn't want to get into it. "Wandered after that, doing all kinds of odd jobs. Even was a musician on Nar Shaddaa for a while. I suppose getting in trouble is in my blood though. Always ended up sticking out my neck for one reason or another. That's how I met Capn A. Back on Nar Shaddaa during the peace talks."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:32 pm

Zanebry Varliss wrote:It seemed like the young woman had a rough upbringing, watching her dad fall apart slowly. "I was born a army brat more or less. Mom and Dad were both members of the military." He offered her a playful wink. "Heck, I even wore sergeant stripes at one point. But they weren't really hard to come by at the time."

"Military life didn't take though, lost one too many friends, among other things. Ended up with a early retirement." He smirked, there was likely more to the story, but seemed like he didn't want to get into it. "Wandered after that, doing all kinds of odd jobs. Even was a musician on Nar Shaddaa for a while. I suppose getting in trouble is in my blood though. Always ended up sticking out my neck for one reason or another. That's how I met Capn A. Back on Nar Shaddaa during the peace talks."

Sabine extended her hand for a high five. "Fellow army brat! Sort of at least." She smiled warmly at him. "Well, now I'll have to call you sir, what with being a senior sergeant in a way." She let out a small laugh. "I can understand... we didn't stick around for most people, and that allowed me to avoid losing a lot of friends. Cons, I didn't have a lot of friends." She shrugged. "Musician, eh? What do you play?"
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:37 pm

He raised his hand and met hers in a high five. "Close enough." He agreed with a soft chuckle. "No sirs though, you'll make me feel old, and that's the type of crap you use on officers."

"Benefits and flaws to both sides I guess." Z replied with a smirk. "Honestly I find I keep fewer friends as the years go by though."

"Piano, and guitar. Set up here last night playing the second. The first isn't something I always have access to."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:51 pm

She smiled and she took a sip of beer. "Hrm, sounds good. Sad I missed it... been a while since I heard some good music."

She turned sideways a bit, facing the other man. "Understandable, though said. Do you count the captain as a friend?" She smirked. "Sir."
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:17 pm

"I'd say. 'Come by sometime, I'll play something for you.' That might be another distraction though. So if nothing else, I'll let you know when I set something up again."

He turned to meet her, letting his eyes match hers. "Pretty much." Z replied his smile turning mischevious. "Oh come on now, you're pushing your luck with that."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:55 am

Zanebry Varliss wrote:"I'd say. 'Come by sometime, I'll play something for you.' That might be another distraction though. So if nothing else, I'll let you know when I set something up again."

He turned to meet her, letting his eyes match hers. "Pretty much." Z replied his smile turning mischevious. "Oh come on now, you're pushing your luck with that."

Sabine shrugged. "Some distractions aren't as bad as others." She smirked. "Oh? Well, I need to test how far my luck extends, it's a very important resource on the battlefield, you know. It's strictly for logistical purposes. Sir." She let out a small laugh and snort.
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:42 am

"Well, let me know then if you ever want to have a listen Sabine. I'll make myself available." This was followed up with a soft laugh and a shake of his head, as he began to take off one of his gloves, before reaching into his glass and fishing out a ice cube. "Not very far if you ask me." He replied with a mischievous smile, as he held the cube between his finger and thumb, there were a few scars visible on his hands,but from the angle it was hard to see them all.

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:30 pm

"No need to bother yourself for me, I'll swing by when you're up for it." She smiled, and took another swig. She eyed his hands, but didn't say a word. "Well... guess I have to push some more?"
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:48 pm

"Maybe I'll make some time for you tomorrow, if that suits you." He said in return, letting the ice cube drop back into his drink. "You say so but hat, time you forgot the, sir." He teased in return, offering her the same sly smile before suddenly moving.

Zanebry was fast as a viper when he wanted to be, and in a split second he was on his feet, his hand darting forward, to wrap around her neck and pull her into a brief kiss. If she let him that is.

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:50 pm

Sabine laughed, but was caught off guard. She didn't protest, exactly... though he still got a punch in his gut. When the man moved away, she looked at him, then looked away. "You're sneaky" she said in a neutral tone.
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:49 pm

He expected that, and it hurt, but was well worth it. "A bit." He offered as he retook his seat. "But I warned you, I wasn't all that good of a guy."

"Still going to keep calling me, Sir?"

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:15 am

She smiled, though there was some nervousness there. "I'll keep a note of that." Her eyes twinkled, but she didn't say Sir. She was resisting the urge.
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:27 am

He couldn't help but chuckle. "Good." He replied simply taking up his glass and taking a sip, the cool feel of the glass under his fingers wasn't one he was used to, but he enjoyed it. "My offer still stands though, for tomorrow evening. If you're interested."

"I'll even try and be on my best behavior."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:28 am

Zanebry Varliss wrote:He couldn't help but chuckle. "Good." He replied simply taking up his glass and taking a sip, the cool feel of the glass under his fingers wasn't one he was used to, but he enjoyed it. "My offer still stands though, for tomorrow evening. If you're interested."

"I'll even try and be on my best behavior."

"Oh? Best behavior. How charming." She giggled... and snorted. "I'll see... I think there's supposed to be some kind of concert going on?"
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:55 am

"Maybe? I don't know," He brought his glass to his lips. "Not sure if I will even attend if there is." Parties of the style there were likely to have. probably weren't exactly his scene. "If I go though, maybe I'll see you there/"

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:49 pm

"Maybe. Hopefully, even." She smiled and took a lost swig of her drink. "What kind of music do you play? Or like?"
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:13 pm

"Various forms of jizz is what I usually lean towards. Not that I'm not open to others. I just prefer something you can dance to." And not flail around wildly. "What about you? What's your prefrence?" He looked her over for a moment. "Wook rock?"

Zanebry Varliss

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics