Single large tent divided into a recreation area and a gym.

Re: Cosmopolitan (Day 2 Early Evening.)

Postby Niall Organa » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:10 am

"Hmmm. Perhaps." Niall said. "Does Arali enjoy dancing? She's difficult to read. I was unsure what impression she had of me."

He chuckled softly at the summary of Arsele. "Indeed. She's entirely rejected the system of Alderaanian nobility to which we all belonged." The 'we all' included Aly in that, of course. Niall shook his head. "I can't really blame her. It isn't always the easiest thing to live with."
Republic | Human | Captain Alderaan | Inspiring Rhetoric | Nice Cape
Niall Organa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:45 am

"Arali loves dancing, and has no interest in men. Which means she'll be a good fit for a dance instructor for you." Or that's at least what it all equated to in Z's head. "As for what she thinks of you, well she likes practically everyone."

"I wouldn't know, but I can imagine... My parents had certain beliefs they held us all too, and they were just soldiers. It must be quite a bit more difficult for nobility." Not that he really thought of that at the time. He had just wanted to treat the woman well. "I really do miss her you know."
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Ship: Three Drinks Smells like: Whiskey, Cigarettes, Cologne
Zanebry Varliss

Postby Niall Organa » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:55 am

"Does she? Hmm." Niall said, shrugging. "I know there's a connection between her and Luth. And I'm quite fond of Luth." He sighed. "I worry for her, sometimes."

Hearing Z's words, Niall half turned, one eyebrow going up again. "Perhaps you should look her up again, then. The two of you seem quite well-suited, in my opinion. When did you see her last?"
Niall Organa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:13 pm

"Luth needs to retire, that's the long and short of it." Z said with a shake of his head. ""She's not built for the type of business she is in, and if she keeps going it will likely destroy her."

"Maybe, though we had our differences." He still didn't really like her side job as a stripper, but for some reason she enjoyed it. "Not since I was last on Nar Shaddaa, I mean we have talked a few times, but not really much more then that."
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Niall Organa » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:35 pm

Niall chuckled. "I couldn't agree more." He said, his lips curling up into a smile. "I actually tried to get her to retire to Alderaan, you know. It's the perfect place for someone to learn how to give peace a chance." He sighed. "She declined. I think she still feels that she owes too much. I hope to disabuse her of that notion."

"Differences?" Niall shrugged. "I can't say that I have broad relationship experience, but there's always differences, aren't there? I suppose it just depends on how surmountable they are." He frowned a moment, looking away.
Niall Organa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:14 pm

"Well I'll leave that up to you and Arali, the two of you are likely better equipped for the task then me." Part of him.thought there might be other reasons she stayed, but he wasn't going to say them. Not out loud.

"That's accurate enough." He offered with a light laugh. "And some of us have it worse off then others." He gave the captain a sympathetic look. "Honestly the major problem is neither of us are re all ready to settle down."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:04 am

"Mmm." Niall murmured acknowledgement. "I've started thinking about it. Perhaps not yet, but within five years. I have a duty to House Organa."

He glanced at Z again. "You mentioned something about your family, earlier. Is it a big family?"
Niall Organa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:22 am

"You'll be a old man in five years, a lot less young ladies to go chasing you around." Z mused, a wry smile on his lips. "So it will be a good time for it."

"Middle of the road?" He offered after a moment. "I have an older brother, and two younger sisters. two of the three of them are in the republic military, the baby of the family went into the medical field though. Suppose she didn't much like how much her older siblings got injured." His smile turned a bit playful. "The youngest one is single, if you're interested."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:06 pm

Niall's lips quirked. "I'll be twenty-seven in five years. How old are you, Zane? You're not providing a very good example for earnest young men like me."

The quirk became a smile at Z's words, although Niall shook his head. "One at a time for me, thank you very much." Niall said. "Two of them are in the Republic military though? That's impressive. I'm guessing that's what at least one of your parents did, too?"
Niall Organa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:39 pm

"I've got a few years in you Niall, the real difference is I still won't be old in five years." He offered Niall a smile. "Sadly some of us age faster then others." He shook his jead. "Of course not, youre a bit too earnest for your own good." He nodded at the glass in Niall's hand. "Youre learning though, you managed Brandy over the beer the enlisted are restricted to."

"I wouldn't have it any other way Niall, if you want to date my baby sister, she is going to be the only one." Zane replied with a easy smile. "Both of my parents were in the military Niall. It's a tradition among the Varliss."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:13 pm

Niall chuckled softly. "Well, you know..." He swirled the liquid around in his glass a moment before taking a sip. "Even the most earnest of us are allowed an indulgence or two. From time to time."

He set down his glass. "I see." He said. "My family... is very different." He was silent a few moments, his lips pursed.

Tilting his head, Niall regarded Z curiously. "So... you don't have to tell me if you don't want to." He began. "But what's your story? I know Claire has a file on you." He smiled. "Never read it myself, though."
Niall Organa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:46 pm

"From time to time." Zane agreed with a sly smile, bringing his own cup to his lips.

"Well, that's because Claire and I go back." His lips curl into a mischevious smile. "Has she ever shown you her tattoo?" He glanced towards the ceiling. "As for the rest of it, maybe I'll tell you another time. I don't like public places for chats about myself."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:13 am

"Her tattoo? Where... no." Niall shook his head. "Nevermind. I'll take your word for it." He looked at Z, his lips parting to speak. After a moment, he sighed and shook his head.

Reminded once again, Niall glanced around. "Fair enough. Perhaps another time, then."
Niall Organa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:52 am

That brought a laugh to Z's lips. "I wouldn't mention you know anything about it if I were you." He offered at last. "Not that I really need to tell you that."

"Aye, maybe one of those nights when we are expanding your drinking ability." Zan offered with a grin. "Or if you're lucky enough to catch me maudlin one day."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:36 pm

Again, Niall chuckled softly. "Right. One of those nights. If you're looking to expand my drinking ability, I'm afraid you've got your work cut out for you."

With that, Niall downed the rest of his brandy, just as his comm beeped. Frowning, he looked down at it. "There's reports of Mandalorian activity in the city. I should look into this." He said.
Niall Organa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:35 pm

"Have fun Niall." Z offered with a friendly smile. "Don't get into too much trouble out there."

"Well chat more about expanding your drinking ability when you get back."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:39 pm

Niall's lips quirked. "We'll see." He said.

He gave a vague wave near his temple that was almost, but not quite, a salute, before departing.

/exit
Niall Organa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:25 pm

Did Niall almost salute him?

He almost certainly did. That brought a faint smile to z's lips as he lifted his glass to his lips again.

/scene

Zanebry Varliss

Previous
Forum Statistics