Single large tent divided into a recreation area and a gym.

Cosmopolitan (Day 2 Early Evening.)

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:20 pm

Z relaxed in the Rec hall of the base, it'd been a intresting day thus far, full of outdoor activities, and more then a little sweat.

The couch he was in was comfortable enough, and he took a sip from his glass of whiskey as a episode of Vera KmHawke played on one of the screens. Apparently the boob knight was popular around camp.
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Ship: Three Drinks Smells like: Whiskey, Cigarettes, Cologne
Zanebry Varliss

Re: Cosmopolitan (Day 2 Early Evening.)

Postby Niall Organa » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:52 pm

Dressed once more in his more official officer's uniform, his hair still slightly damp from the shower, Niall sat down next to Zanebry.

"Are you a fan?" He nodded towards the screen, just as Vera did a flip and a pose, bending dramatically forward as she did. Niall's lips twisted, watching.
Republic | Human | Captain Alderaan | Inspiring Rhetoric | Nice Cape
Niall Organa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:04 am

"Not particularly." Z offered as he glanced over at Niall. I mean the actress is pretty enough, she's got curves in all the right places, but I've seen better looking women, a lot more intimately."

"And other then her, I never thought the show had much to offer." He lifted his glass to his lips to take a sip. "I trust you are though?"
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Niall Organa » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:56 am

Niall's lips quirked. "I've seen it. And I'll admit to having a certain appreciation for cheesy action, and some very fond memories of it." I wonder if she still has that costume somewhere... "But my favorite is Galaxy Commando."

He glanced at Zane as he folded his hands on the counter in front of him. "So... how have you been? Since last time we saw each other. And not when we were digging, I mean."
Niall Organa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:34 am

He raised a eyebrow at that, he hadnt know exactly who the Captain had been seeing on Nar Shaddaa, but he had a few ideas. "I imagine so." He offered with a knowing smile, mainly trying to gauge his reaction. "You talk to her much since?"

"Oh well enough, but a end to project E a few months back, been wandering around since. Saying hi to a few acquaintances, and keeping a ear open for trouble." He smirked. "You know how it goes, gin fights, beautiful women, etcetera."
Last edited by Zanebry Varliss on Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Niall Organa » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:43 am

Niall had a drink of his own; Correlian brandy as it happened. He nearly choked on it at Z's question. "Ah... not as often as I'd like." He said, coughing just a little. He gave Z a look. "You're quite the detective, Zane." He said, his tone dry.

His expression grew more serious as Z went on. "Good." He nodded. "That was a blight on the galaxy." His lips pursed thoughtfully. "Sounds like you're still in the same line of work, then?"
Niall Organa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:11 am

That told him alot, more then Niall probably imagined. "If I wasnt, I'd never be able to stay flying." Z replied with a amused smile. "People don't pay very well for not finding things out." He brought the drink to his lips, and took a sip. "Still I'm wondering if you ever thought of finding someone else, the distance, your life styles. It can't make things easy."

"Yeah, more or less." His lips curled into a amused smirk. "Though it's been suggested more then once that I actually retire. Buy a farm or a bar or something, have a dozen miniature versions of me. I'm not convinced I want to though."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Niall Organa » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:24 am

Niall's face grew somber. "I have thought of it, from time to time. There's certain things that I'll need to do, as the heir to my branch of House Organa." His lips quirked. "But I'm not giving up."

"A dozen?" Niall chuckled softly. "No wonder you're not sure." He gave the other man a look. "Just who is suggesting this, anyway?"
Niall Organa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:43 am

"Well, I wish you luck then, Niall." Z said seriously, if the man was determined, there was no reason to mention the odds.

"Well, that was just a random number I threw out." Z replied with a soft laugh. "Enough to crew two freighters?" He sipped his drink. "Claire, if you remember her, and Naveera." There was a small pause. "Im sure Arali would as well, if I ever ran into her."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Niall Organa » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:14 am

"Thank you." Niall said, just as sincerely.

His lips quirked. "Get your own shipping fleet?" He raised an eyebrow at the names. "You may get the chance to hear that from Arali. She was at the command meeting last night."

His expression grew more serious. "Zane, I'm glad to hear that you're still in your previous line of work. There's something I could use your help on, there. If you're willing."
Niall Organa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:42 am

"Ah, well... Here is hoping the tongue lashing isn't too serious," Z replied half jokingly. It would probably be pretty bad, now that he thought of it.

As the talk turned to the real subject of their meeting, Z nodded. "I'm not sure I'll be able to help, but I'll at least give it a listen." He replied as he set his drink back on the table. "I don't have the contacts here, that I did on Nar shaddaa after all. Not that I won't be able to find any of course."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Niall Organa » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:52 am

"Believe me, I have every faith in you." Niall said. It was difficult to tell if he was being entirely serious or not. He probably was.

"Did you hear anything about the Hutt that died yesterday?" He asked.
Niall Organa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:09 am

"Aye, I did." Z offered after a moment.

"Hard to miss that piece of news, a lot of people were chatting about it."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Niall Organa » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:36 pm

"Yes. It seems that he died in a fight with some Resistance members." Niall grimaced his distaste.

"I've been tasked with finding out what I can about the incident. Not too much is known yet. It took place in the Museum. He used cryo-grenades. He traveled here with Hammelin."

Niall chewed his lip for a moment. "The thing I'm most interested in is seeing if the Hutt had an accomplice. Or minions. They usually do, don't they?" He grimaced again. "A supply drop went missing, and the Resistance thinks that the location was leaked. Command suspects the Hutt was involved, but this points to multiple parties involved."
Niall Organa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:45 pm

"Well, I know the Hurt was meeting here with Senator Mixo shortly before his death." He brought his cup to his lips. "Middle of the night, and the two We rent speaking in Basic."

"As to the later I have a few ideas..." He frowned softly.
"But, it's not the sort of thing you talk about in a Rec Hall. Too many eyes and ears."

"I can look into it a bit more though."
Last edited by Zanebry Varliss on Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Niall Organa » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:07 pm

"Senator Mixo?" Niall frowned deeply. "I... suppose that should be looked into."

"But yes. Later." Niall glanced around. "Ah... let me know if you find anything. And thank you." His lips quirked. "It's nice to have someone I can trust on this."
Niall Organa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:12 pm

"Aye, it might be my natutal dislike of the man... it just seems to much to be a coincidence to me." He offered with a shake of his head.

"Will do." Z offered with a smile. "Though it's my hope the republic might be a bit more grateful this time?" His lips curled into a teasing smile. "Maybe even spring for a actual princess to kiss."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Niall Organa » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:20 pm

Niall's lips quirked. "It's not like we just have princesses on hand for when kissing is required. Not that I can think of anyway. On Alderaan, I suppose I have some cousins who hold titles." He shook his head, smiling. "But I'll do my best to see that the Republic grants rewards appropriate to service."

One eyebrow went up. "I was under the impression that there was something between you and Naveera, though?"
Niall Organa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:11 pm

"That feels like a lack of preparation, Niall." His lips quirked into a playful smile. "I'll look forward to meeting one of your cousins when I come visit you on Aldeeran though."

His expression turned a little more somber when Naveera was brought up. "We did for a while." He replied after a few moments. "She wanted to settle down, I think I mentioned that. She thought we would after I finished with Project E. I couldnt though, the scales arent balanced yet." He shook his head. "It caused friction between us, we argued, and eventually broke up." He smirked. "Its likely for the better, all things considered."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Niall Organa » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:55 am

"Hah." Niall said. "Well, let me know before you decide to stop by. I do like to encourage people to visit Alderaan."

He listened, his expression growing more serious as Z spoke. "Oh. I'm sorry." He said, giving the man an apologetic nod. After a moment, his lips twisted. "Although I have every confidence of you landing on your feet."
Niall Organa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:29 am

"Will do." Z said with a smirk. "Don't want to surprise you by showing up at your front door."

"Ah, it's alright. I mean I'm not very good at commitment anyways. It was a bit of a miracle she put up with me that long." He laughed lightly at the next comment. "Aye I'm cat-like in that fashion. Already took a few ladies out dancing, among other things."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Niall Organa » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:01 am

"Indeed." Niall said, his lips twisting, amused.

"Dancing?" One eyebrow went up. "Is that what you do when you take a lady on a date?" He asked.
Niall Organa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:30 am

"Aye, sometimes. Depends on the lady honestly, but I find dancing is a good way to get to know someone." He looked Niall over. "You might not drink, but hopefully you know how to dance at least."

"Sometimes it's dinner though, I always enjoyed taking Arsele out for a meal and some drinks, for example." He paused, smiling at the memory. "Then there are things a bit more intimate."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Niall Organa » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:41 am

Niall chuckled softly. "Of course I can. One could hardly be a member of Alderaanian nobility without learning how." He cleared his throat. "Of course, all the dancing I know is formal sorts. Nevertheless, I'm quite proficient at it."

Niall winced, raising one hand. "Yes, quite. Believe me, I don't need to hear more than that." He gave Z a curious look. "You know, Arsele is actually a childhood friend of mine. She's like a sister to me in a lot of ways."
Niall Organa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:20 am

"You should tell that to your lady friend." Z replied with a soft chuckle. "Though I imagine she has her excuses." He smirked. "If we find a club here, I'll try to put a group date together. Arali might be game to teach you something a little less formal."

"She mentioned you a time or two." Z mused, though if he recalled it was only in passing. "She's a good woman though, but much like me not quite ready to settle down. She'll make a man or woman really happy some day though."

Zanebry Varliss

Next
Forum Statistics