Single large tent divided into a recreation area and a gym.

Bitters and Smoke (Day 3 Mid Night)

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:51 pm

It was late by the time Z got back from the museum, it had taken a while for he and Capn A to finish having a look around. The man in the suit wasn't quite ready to head back though, so he made his way to the bar instead, after a quick stop of his room of course.

He didn't expect to see anyone here, the drinks had flowed freely at the party earlier, most people would be passed out at this hour. Not that it mattered, he was here to play not socialize.

Settling into a seat, he poured himself a drink before tuning his guitar. Soon enough he was playing though the sound echoing through the rec hall.
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Ship: Three Drinks Smells like: Whiskey, Cigarettes, Cologne
Zanebry Varliss

Re: Bitters and Smoke (Day 3 Mid Night)

Postby Nai'tiri Cadera » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:13 pm

The loud music of the concert had been fun, but Nai did enjoy the quiet moments when she found them.

It reminded her of better times. Simpler times. Times that she thought she would have had.

So the tall Chiss was feeling nostalgic and oddly emotional as she listened to the man's guitar, as if something about it stirred and soothed at the same time.
Mandalorian | Chiss | Drop Dead Gorgeous | Sharpshooter | Ritual Combatant | Tough | Crusader
Theme | Profile | Turtle Crew

Gear: Heavy blaster pistol, utility belt (stimpacks, glowrod), commlink, datapad.
Combat Gear: Mandalorian armor, custom blaster rifle, Mandalorian ritual blade, extra ammo, grenades.
Languages: Basic, Cheun, Durese, Huttese, Mando'a

Aliit is family. It means nobody gets left behind — or forgotten
Nai'tiri Cadera

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:51 pm

Music was thirsty work, and it was about three or four songs in when Z decided to pause for a small break. Placing his guitar to the side for a moment and picking up his glass.

It had been hard to miss the beautiful Chiss woman listening in, there were few here this late. "I take requests if there is something you want to hear." He said with a easy smile. "I don't know every song in the galaxy, but I know alot."
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nai'tiri Cadera » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:26 pm

"Do you?" it was hard to tell if she meant the requests or knowing a lot of songs. She seemed like the type who could fit well in a slinky cocktail dress in some smokey bar with a cigarette to her lips.

"Prefer to hear what the musician plays; they make the music, not me." A casual sip from what they called 'beer'. "Odd place for a musician, no?"
Mandalorian | Chiss | Drop Dead Gorgeous | Sharpshooter | Ritual Combatant | Tough | Crusader

Gear: Heavy blaster pistol, utility belt (stimpacks, glowrod), commlink, datapad.
Combat Gear: Mandalorian armor, custom blaster rifle, Mandalorian ritual blade, extra ammo, grenades.

Nai'tiri Cadera

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:42 pm

That she wasn't wearing a slinky dress was quite the shame. "I do." He replied, setting his glass on the table, and reaching into the pocket of his coat to remove a pack of smokes. He'd take a few moments to bring a cigarette to his lips and light it, takign a long drag and exhaling a moment later.

"It's mostly a side job. Haven't really done it steady since my time on Nar Shaddaa. Really just play enough now days to keep in practice." A brief glance at her beer, and he was once again reaching into his pocket. "If you're wanting something more substantial." He said placing a flask on the table. "The bartender keeps a few glasses."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nai'tiri Cadera » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:52 pm

She quirked an eyebrow in surprise. "Now that's a request I will take," she smirked. Chances were high that whatever was in the flask was better than the watered down beer they served here.

"Nai'tiri Cadera." The Chiss offered as introduction.

Nai'tiri Cadera

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:13 am

"Zanebry Varliss." Was the simple reply as Z stood up, and moved to the bar yo get a glass for the lady. He'd pour her a glass of the amber liquid, and pass it her way before sliding into the seat across from her.

"A pleasure to make your acquaintance, Miss Cadera." He offered smoothly, though he was beginning to wonder who was in charge of making Mandolorians women so damn attractive. "I would say something cliche like; Come here often? It seems a bit silly in the middle of a war zone though."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nai'tiri Cadera » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:25 am

"You seem like the type for cliches," she smirked, picking up the glass and giving it a brief inspection with her red eyes. Already it seemed much better than the beer, and the taste confirmed it.

Nai closed her eyes in appriciation of the good stuff. "Carry your own drinks with you often?"

Nai'tiri Cadera

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:20 am

"And you seem the type to look absolutely stunning in a cocktail dress. If you don't mind me saying so." Zane replied, a bit of amusement dancing in his eyes as he took another drag from his cigarette. Chances were as a Mandolorian she didn't own one though.

"More then I probably should, but you never know where a night will take you, or what the bars might be able to provide." He looked towards the beer she had set aside. "That as I've heard, is a sin against alcohol."
Last edited by Zanebry Varliss on Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nai'tiri Cadera » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:41 am

"Shame I wear sturdier clothes then," she seemed a bit amused as well by the compliment.

Nai gave the beer a brief glance. "Hmm... more like, delusions of grandeur; thinking it's a proper beer." She shrugged. "... What else to expect, hm?"

Nai'tiri Cadera

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:41 am

"Truly, though I suppose they have their purpose." They were in the middle of a warzone after all. "But if this weren't a military base, I'd likely invite you out dancing, just for the chance to see you in one." He finished flashing a grin, his even white teeth visible for a moment.

"Nothing unless your an officer in the Republic. I hear tell they have a secret stash of Brandy back there." Niall had to have gotten it from somewhere. "Spent some time in the military, probably one of the reasons why I put a bar on my ship. Never again wanted to be subjected to cheap beer if I could avoid it."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nai'tiri Cadera » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:46 am

Nai quirked an eyebrow. "Dancing? Didn't get enough of it during the concert earlier?"

She brought the glass back to her lips. "Smart. Shame the officers keep it all to themselves; a leader should share with his people."

Nai'tiri Cadera

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:57 am

"That wasn't my type of dancing." He replied with a chuckle. "Even if it was though, I didn't get to stay at that get together long, got called away on business, and just got back from that."

"I suppose that's one of the reasons I decided to play tonight."

"that would be nice,wouldn't it." He replied with a smile. "I think that would still leave us drinking beer though." She didn't come across as republic military at the very least.

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nai'tiri Cadera » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:03 pm

"Pity. A leader should have tihaar or ne'tra gal to share for moments of celebration. Can't celebrate victories with cheap beer," she smirked and took a slow sip of the amber liquid. No point in rushing the enjoyment of something so fine.

"Business good or bad, since you're playing?"

Nai'tiri Cadera

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:31 pm

"Ne'tra gal I might be able to with." Z mused as he took a sip from his own glass. he had stocked a bit up just in case vera ever made her way by his ship. Though that seemed fairly unlikely at this point.

"Good or bad, I'll play either way. But this was good, well mostly." He knew the Cipher meant more to them then they let on. If it was just a job set as a test they wouldn't likely send someone of their own after it so quickly.

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nai'tiri Cadera » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:35 pm

"Hm," she nodded with some approval. "You know your way around Mandalorian drinks? A personal preference, or just prepared when coming to a world with Mandalorians?" Either way, it was an unexpected but pleasant surprise.

"I will let it be a secret for now. Others might be more desperate for a good drink."

Nai'tiri Cadera

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:52 pm

"I've come to know a few Mondolorians over the years, so I try to keep a bit in stock. I like to be prepared for whoever I might be entertaining." He probably wouldn't keep any beer if it was his choice, Mandolorian version or otherwise, but some of his friends seemed to like it.

"I'd appreciate that." He offered with a light chuckle. "I'd prefer to share it with friends if anything."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nai'tiri Cadera » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:57 pm

"Oh? Any names I would know perhaps?" she was interested to learn more of this man who was considered a friend to some of her people. If a Mandalorian considered someone a friend, it spoke a great deal of their character, at least to her.

Nai'tiri Cadera

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:14 pm

"Vera Ordo would be the one you're most likely to know." He offered with a easy smile. "Though I'm also on good terms with her sister Thera." Sabine was still a new acquaintance, so she didn't deserve a mention. "I've had dealing with a few others in the past as well though."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nai'tiri Cadera » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:20 pm

Nai nodded. "The Ordo sisters? We are not close friends, but I respect them both greatly. Haven't spent much time together."

"Good dealings, I trust?"

Nai'tiri Cadera

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:36 pm

His lips quirked into a wry smile. "For the most part. There has been an incident once or twice, but I've learned from it." He'd never hire the crew of the turtle again for starters. "It's taught me to be a bit more selective about who I hire."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nai'tiri Cadera » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:08 pm

"Mm," another small sip. "Too many forget their honor when they become mercenaries. Pity to hear you've met some of those."

She shook her head with some dismay. "Those willing to work for anything or anyone - don't trust them."

Nai'tiri Cadera

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:47 pm

"Exactly." He leaned back in his chair, and took a sip from his glass. "Suppose I should warn you, the last one that burned me is on this planet with his Crew." He smirked, placing his cup on the table.

"Working with this strike forve... apparently." Something in his tone told her, he didn't believe it was actually the case.

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nai'tiri Cadera » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:52 pm

It was like an itch at the back of her neck, making her remember something that Niall had mentioned before.

"Is that so?" red eyes watched him over the rim of her glass. "Anyone I should be wary of?"

Nai'tiri Cadera

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:59 pm

"Craw Toboga." He offered after a moments hesitation. "He was a sliver away from being declared Dar'manda. Might of been if I had brought my case to Corso Fett, and not Thera Odro."

The man in the hat took a slow drag from his cigarette. "You should be cautious of his and his crew if you run into them."

Zanebry Varliss

Next
Forum Statistics