Single large tent divided into a recreation area and a gym.

Re: [D4 EA] Never Too Old To Study

Postby Delmi Koor » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:20 am

She tilted her head, "Not a lot of options for me really. I'll go back and do what I do for the people I do it for..."
Freelance | Human | Gunslinger | Smuggler | Daughter of Anaxes | Pew Pew
Carries/Wears: Model 1 “Nova Viper” Blaster Pistol; H-7 “Equalizer” Blaster Pistol; Backpack
"When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk." -Delmi Koor
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Tra Kize » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:38 pm

"We always have more options than we can see. I'm not saying that going back to your previous situation is bad, since I don't know who you worked for. But by fighting for the strike force you open up opportunities. Any specialty can be useful and both the Republic and the future government of Bankor will likely appreciate your talents and involvement. There could be opportunity there, so keep your eyes open for it."
Neutral * Kel Dor * Scholar * Retired Republic Staff Officer * Commanding Presence * Resolute
Equipment: Long Range Comlink, Datapad, Light Blaster Pistol, Antitox Breath Mask, Heavy Clothing

Description
Tra Kize

Postby Delmi Koor » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:07 pm

She tilted her head, "Yeah... maybe... I'm pretty apprehensive to work for a 'government' though... My dad did the whole 'For the Republic' thing for pretty much all of his life... and then they court martialed him and called him a traitor that needed to be executed for something he didn't do... At least with the Hutts you know you aren't safe. A cushy Republic job looks like it's a sweet gig... but then you can get screwed over and become a 'criminal' in the blink of an eye if you piss of the wrong bureaucrat or some politician wants to increase his popularity with some piddly demographic."
Carries/Wears: Model 1 “Nova Viper” Blaster Pistol; H-7 “Equalizer” Blaster Pistol; Backpack
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Tra Kize » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:04 pm

"It's unfortunate that your family had to go through that, but it's the exception rather than the rule. Plus, not everyone that works for the government is part of it. Working on limited contracts let's you maintain autonomy while benefiting from the organization's stability. I myself contract with different institutions pretty regularly," Tra explains. "I don't have to like or agree with my employer, and can and have walked away at the completion of a contract if unhappy."
Neutral * Kel Dor * Scholar * Retired Republic Staff Officer * Commanding Presence * Resolute
Equipment: Long Range Comlink, Datapad, Light Blaster Pistol, Antitox Breath Mask, Heavy Clothing

Description
Tra Kize

Postby Delmi Koor » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:42 am

“Yeah, but you’re like... smart and stuff. A teacher. I just shoot stuff. Most people who would want my services are in the military or are shady themselves.”
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Tra Kize » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:02 am

"Plenty of folks out there that hire security contractors for legitimate reasons that are above board. Bodyguards, building security, transport, couriers, and small freelance crews... plenty of private corporations that need to protect their assets and pay plenty to do so," he says in a pleasant tone. "I'd just say keep your eyes open for opportunity. I've watched plenty of subordinates leave the military and go on to really lucrative careers in private security, folks that thought they only knew how to shoot."

Description
Tra Kize

Postby Delmi Koor » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:34 pm

"Maybe. Hard to get out of Nar Shaddaa once you've been in. Old friends always come knocking."
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Tra Kize » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:36 pm

"Make the right allies and you can knock back."

Description
Tra Kize

Postby Delmi Koor » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:37 pm

She tilted her head slightly then gave a slow nod.
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Tra Kize » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:52 pm

"I just don't want anyone to think they have limited options. It's a big galaxy and there are plenty of ways to thrive in it. Some folks love the risk and reward of a dangerous job. But if that's not you, then you shouldn't feel compelled to do that."

Description
Tra Kize

Postby Delmi Koor » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:00 pm

"Mah... there's something I gotta resolve... and ya know... having friends who know stuff could possibly help me find someone I need to find... It's one of the decent parts of teaming up with the Hutts. They know stuff, and you don't have to be a spy to hear it... as long as you do your job well."
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Tra Kize » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:31 pm

"Understandable," he replies with a nod. "Well, I'm not sure how much help I can be, but one of my main concerns is the well being of those fighting. So if you ever think I can be of assistance, don't hesitate to ask."

Description
Tra Kize

Postby Delmi Koor » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:41 pm

"Just looking for an old imperial spy who's trail has gone cold long ago..."
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Tra Kize » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:45 pm

"I wonder if any of my past mission or operatuonal reports ever made mention? It's likely that any that dealt with Imperial assets are still classified, but I might be able to point you in a direction to make official requests if so, or give information on anything that's been declassified."

Description
Tra Kize

Postby Delmi Koor » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:49 pm

Delmi nodded thankfully, "Thanks professor. I'm pretty sure she's not dead... yeah... I know she's not. Just you know... disappeared with a bunch of intel and went back to her job in the empire I assume..."
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Tra Kize » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:03 pm

"Was she also connected to the Hutts?"

Description
Tra Kize

Postby Delmi Koor » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:07 pm

"Nope... but I've got a description. Pictures as well." She replied. "And... similar DNA. She's my mother."
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Tra Kize » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:16 pm

"I see. So there's a connection there that ties in to what happened with your father? Or is it a coincidence?"

Description
Tra Kize

Postby Delmi Koor » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:20 pm

"That would indeed be the reason he was kicked out... got played by a woman who went as far to have a kid with him to show her commitment..."
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Tra Kize » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:28 pm

"Well, it's possible that the Commandant of the War College was back-briefed on the situation at the time. I could try to find out if they are still around and ask after information. It's possible that could lead to the investigator, who may know who she reported to. I cannot guarantee results, but I can certainly make calls," Tra offers.

Description
Tra Kize

Postby Delmi Koor » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:30 pm

"Sure. Anything helps." Delmi said with a nod. "I'm pretty apprehensive to ask anybody around here that may work for the SIS... I trust them about as much as I trust an Imperial spy."
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Tra Kize » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:34 pm

"Well the person that led the investigation was likely SIS, but probably not a spook. I'll get what I can, though I'll need whatever information you can provide from that time, like if your parents were using different identities. I'd need to ask based on how the staff would have known them."

Description
Tra Kize

Postby Delmi Koor » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:37 pm

"Dad's Captain Marshall Koor. No aliases. Wife was Lucena Koor nee Haskins. Definitely an alias. She took his access card and broke into the restricted files in the university and downloaded tactical data and blueprints for Republic military installations."
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Tra Kize » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:39 pm

"Then the Commandant was likely either back briefed or forced to retire... depending on his political support."

Description
Tra Kize

Postby Delmi Koor » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:41 pm

"Dad took the fall. Everything got pinned on him... everyone else walked away untouched."
Description
Delmi Koor

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics