Single large tent divided into a recreation area and a gym.

[Day 4 LE] Gin & Juice

Postby Jax Dolross » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:23 pm

Jax sat at the bar thinking over the day he had, had and running over the conversation he had just finished having this camp was full of surprises.
Last edited by Jax Dolross on Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
*Neutral *Human * Pilot *Smuggler *Ex-Republic Navy Lieutenant *charming *Captain of the Midnight
Equipment: Backpack full of tricks, Josephine,

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Re: [Day 4 LE] Gin & Juice

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:16 am

Tense and annoyed after the staff briefing, Cole sauntered into the Rec Hall and found the quietest, most isolated corner, throwing himself into a cheap plastic chair and putting his boots up on another. He had his hip flask, taking a healthy belt from that before expertly slipping a hypospray from his extensive system of pockets and pouches, loading it up. He slipped the hypo under his jacket, injecting himself in the stomach.

Putting the hypo away again, he leaned back, ran a hand through his dishevelled curls, and had another mouthful of whiskey.
Galactic Republic Navy | Captain | Surgeon | Human | Profile | Avatar | Theme2
GEAR: Diagnostic Spectacles, Heavy Clothing, Custom Expanded Medpac, Mini-Med Droid, Datapad, Flask.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

"It's too late for a revolution. Brace for the final solution."
Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:23 am

Lyseil was, technically, off-duty now, but she had one last thing she wanted to do before fully calling it a day and hang up her uniform. So after asking around a little, she found the good doctor Ormont at the Rec Hall.

"Oh, hello there!" she gave a small wave as she approached, looking a little sheepish. "Uh... sir? May I speak with you?"
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:29 am

Apart from a raised eyebrow, Cole's expression was guarded. The doctor was pale, thin, tired; he looked like he'd been working too hard. He was off-duty as well, so he didn't stand, "how can I help you, Sergeant?"
GEAR: Diagnostic Spectacles, Heavy Clothing, Custom Expanded Medpac, Mini-Med Droid, Datapad, Flask.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:35 am

You look like I should be asking you that!

"Uhm... just wanted to... say thanks. For your support in the meeting today. But I also apologise for causing the discussion it did! It was really not my intention, honestly! I just... tend to over-analyze stuff like that, trying to do what's right." She spoke with enthusiasm mixed with bashfulness over her own involvement.
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:43 am

Deadpan, "if there was one take away from the discussion, it should have been the ambiguity of doing what is right." He pushed a hand through his blonde hair and waved to a nearby seat. "You have nothing to apologise for. Such discussions should be seen as a learning experience."
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:52 am

Lyseil took the offered seat, flipped her dark hair off her shoulders with some relief.

"Thank you. Yes-yes, everything's a learning experience... just didn't expect it to get so heated. Maybe I should be quiet next time and just observe...?" Even if she was physically incapable of it. "Sergeant Lyseil Panteer, by the way. There was so much going on at the meeting, and in the field earlier today, I didn't have the opportunity to introduce myself."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:00 am

"Doctor Cole Ormont," his stripes said the rest. He had been cool, almost emotionless, when speaking to Chase, "I wouldn't call that heated; but if the Lieutenant hopes to make Captain, then she has to understand that leadership requires more than going with her gut."
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:03 am

"Mm, but wouldn't you say being a good leader is about following your gut-instinct at the right moments too?" she asked sincerely, clearly wanting to learn that for future reference herself. Like when she had gone out to help the prisoners, despite being shot at - she had certainly been acting on gut-instinct then.

"But maybe she doesn't want to be a leader? Not everyone wants to have that responsibility."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:13 am

"Leading people is a responsibility of a Captain. If she doesn't want to lead, then her upward mobility will be limited." Cole adjusted his spectacles and ran a hand through his hair. "Tell me something, Sergeant," he'd read the reports about what had happened just outisde Rygor, all the things he hadn't witnessed first-hand as he hunkered in the safety of the buildings like a coward. "Earlier today, when you grabbed a prisoner and dragged them to safety, would you say you were operating on instinct?"
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Luth Khalan » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:17 am

[deleted due to double-booking]
Last edited by Luth Khalan on Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Republic | Human | SIS | Spy | Assassin | Sniper | Force Sensitive
Carries: Comlink, Electrobinoculars, Utility Belt,
On Assignment: Environment Armor and helmet, Sniper Rifle, Extra Rounds

"Tomorrow is another day."
Luth Khalan

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:21 am

"Uhm, yes, I'd say so, sir," she nodded. "If I can help, I do what I can! It... just wasn't a whole lot compared to what a lot of other people were doing though." Lyseil toyed idly with the ends of her hair, unsure where the line of question would lead.
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:25 am

"And when you were doing that, were you thinking about what the other soldiers were doing?" His tone wasn't cold, it was gentler than the one he had used with Chase.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:30 am

"I'd say so. I was trying to not get in their way, and I was trying to be mindful of their line of fire, but... there was just so many of them..." her chipperness was more subdued now, as she seemed to be seriously considering her actions then and now.
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Jax Dolross » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:34 am

Jax noted the two officers chatting but decided to give them their space for now, they were likely discussing the briefing that had just finished up not long ago and he had little care for what command was discussing.
Last edited by Jax Dolross on Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
*Neutral *Human * Pilot *Smuggler *Ex-Republic Navy Lieutenant *charming *Captain of the Midnight

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:46 am

Nodding, "your thoughts about the others were reactionary. You were aware of them, and aware of how your actions might impact them. That's good," he assured, sipping from his flask and pushing a hand through his hair. "but to lead, you have to be anticipatory. Not just of yourself, but of others."

"I might not be the best tutor. My experience is small teams in surgery. I may not be fond of him, but Senator Durasay hasn't reached his position for no reason. I will say the same of Commander Malcolm. Look to them. Observe."
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:15 am

"Yessir!" she nodded enthusiastically. "I mean, uh... doctor? Is that more appropriate off-duty, maybe?"

It seemed today was all full of lessons on leadership from her superiors. First the retired Kel Dor, and now the medical officer too.
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Jax Dolross » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:18 am

Jax peeked over his shoulder hearing the unmistakably optimistic voice of one particular Alderaanian. He smirked as he saw her and then turned his attention back to his drink for the moment the urge t socialize a little was growing on him.
Last edited by Jax Dolross on Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:20 am

"Doctor is fine, on or off duty," he closed his eyes a moment as if he had a headache. "What is your training, Sergeant?"
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:29 am

"Tactics, firearms, reconaissance, and wilderness survival - from the House Panteer Force." Lyseil listed off as if she was suddenly at a job interview. "During my education at Alderaan Select Academy for Young Ladies I studied political sciences, philosophy, history, chemistry, and biology, and I branched out into archaelogy and xeonology for getting my doctorate!"

She chuckled with a bright smile. "Yes-yes, I know it's weird to be an archaeologist out here, but when the family says to go to support our fellow Republic world, well, I go!"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:36 am

Cole seemed to groan under his breath, rubbing his temple before rallying, "that's very impressive. Archaeology is an interesting choice, did you always intend to combine that with a military career?"
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:41 am

"I'm hardly an expert in most of those subjects," she added with an girlish giggle. "Just I've studied them enough to be able to understand what the experts are trying to say, which helps me compile reports and information for the Commander."

Then again, she had been a bonafide dorky bookworm all her life.

"But, no I didn't really plan to have a military career... it's just a natural one that comes with House Panteer. Kind of a lot of expectations to live up to to have some sort of high position of some kind, and well, father was really pushy on it being a proper position rather than an academical one."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:47 am

His eyes immediately hardening, Cole made a sound deep in his throat as she mentioned her father, "living up to familial expectations can certainly be difficult," his voice was sour.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:55 am

"Oh, it really can be! There's, like, sooo much expectations being a Panteer. We're the most noble of all houses with generations of kings and queens to our name - father will always say." She shook her head as she tried to not laugh, but it seemed to cling to her tone anyway. "But I love my parents still. They do put up with my eccentricities and they haven't stopped me from pursuing an academical path. They just expect me to manage both!"

Lyseil did notice Cole's soured tone. "So... uhm, your parents have high expectations too?"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:16 am

"Let's say that a military career was not my first choice, either." He scratched idly at his stomach, near where he'd injected himself.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Next
Forum Statistics