Single large tent divided into a recreation area and a gym.

Re: [Day 4 LE] Gin & Juice

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:29 pm

"I'm working on my doctorate! Hopefully I'll get it done soon... but if I were to discover some amazing ruins or something here, that would surely seal the deal for me," she said almost dreamily, as if she was speaking of some adventure-holovid.

"I'm not as smart as the good doctor here, but yes-yes I had pretty high grades overall at the Academy!"
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Postby Jax Dolross » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:35 pm

"Well good luck with that." Then he leaned forward his elbows on his knees "so why archeology? What drew you to that particular subject?"
*Neutral *Human * Pilot *Smuggler *Ex-Republic Navy Lieutenant *charming *Captain of the Midnight
Equipment: Backpack full of tricks, Josephine,

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:34 pm

"I think we can learn a great deal from the past to improve our actions in the future as we can act with more understanding of why things are the way they are. And there's still so much about our galaxy that is still mystery! Call it my Alderaanian upbringing, but I think a greater understanding of eachother's backgrounds and cultures can contribute greatly to reducing many conflicts and wars," she said with a chipper tone.

"Oh, and I think it's really fascinating to discover traces of history in all sorts of places. Like, we found traces of an ancient Mandalorian hunting ground on Felucia two years ago, which shows that they used to once travel to the planet frequently for hunting, most likely for their rites of passage into adulthood, but for some reason they stopped travelling there. So discoveries like that often lead to more questions than answers, really, but it's fun to then search for the answers!"
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:34 am

Cole pushed up his diagnostic spectacles to massage the bridge of his nose, great, another Alderaanian. He agreed with the sentiment, he'd said as much more than once back on Nar Shaddaa, but he wondered if the distant past was really that informative as opposed to the more recent history of the galaxy.
Galactic Republic Navy | Captain | Surgeon | Human | Profile | Avatar | Theme2
GEAR: Diagnostic Spectacles, Heavy Clothing, Custom Expanded Medpac, Mini-Med Droid, Datapad, Flask.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

"It's too late for a revolution. Brace for the final solution."
Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Jax Dolross » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:42 am

Jax sat back again rubbing his chin "I suppose that's true as long as we don't focus too much on it. I'm a pretty firm believer that the past is in the past and we need to look forward to the next day." I have to be.
Last edited by Jax Dolross on Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
*Neutral *Human * Pilot *Smuggler *Ex-Republic Navy Lieutenant *charming *Captain of the Midnight

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:48 am

Running a hand through his dishevelled curls, "what's done is done, but learning from our mistakes is better than ignoring them."
GEAR: Diagnostic Spectacles, Heavy Clothing, Custom Expanded Medpac, Mini-Med Droid, Datapad, Flask.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Jax Dolross » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:44 am

"True enough Doctor." he said with a nod its hard to ignore when you have a constant reminder his right hand flexes absent mindedly his easy smile finds its way back to his face "well I look forward to seeing where you go Lyseil, you've got a lot of drive."

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:47 am

Cole's eyebrow lifted slightly and he peered at Jax, "war wound?"
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:20 am

"Thank you! Having the will to never give up is a good thing," she said with cheery confidence.

Lyseil did give Jax a more curious look as the doctor spoke of a war wound.
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Jax Dolross » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:22 am

"huh?" Jax said not realizing what the doctor was asking about "Oh. yes. Old and not terribly important."he said lightly with a warm smile on his face.

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:32 am

Accepting that, Cole sipped from his flask and absently scratched at his stomach.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:42 am

Feeling the stress of a long day coming down on her, Lyseil covered her mouth as she yawned. "Oh, goodness! Pardon me..."

She gave an apologetic smile. "I think I'll retire for the day now. Thank you for your time, and advice, captain Ormont. It was greatly appriciated!"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:54 am

"That sounds like a good idea," the worn-out surgeon agreed, "and you're welcome."
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:58 am

Lyseil gave both men a warm and friendly smile. "Have a good night, gentlemen." With a nod, she rose from her seat and straightened out her uniform.

"And stay out of trouble, Jax," she reminded the ex-lieutenant as she left.

/exit!
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Jax Dolross » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:17 am

"For you? I suppose I could try." he said with a chuckle and a playful tone to the woman's back as she exited the bar. "You look a little stretched thin as well Dr. Ormont will you retiring as well?"

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:21 am

"Soon enough," he pushed his fingers through his curls, "what's your story, Jax? You've got that military look about you."
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Jax Dolross » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:37 am

Jax smirked "Nothing terribly exciting, military for a few years, retired, been an independent since then working to make a cred here and there." he paused for a sip "Well that's the short version at least."

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:52 am

"Sounds like it works for you," the doctor sounded like he approved.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Jax Dolross » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:29 am

"There are worse lives to live." Jax said with a nod "so what's yours? Overheard that you didn't want to join the military so how'd you wind up here?"

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:47 am

"I finished my training right around the time of the peace talks on Nar Shaddaa. I thought about leaving the service, but I was given the chance to do something good. I spent the last eighteen months working with refugees and bringing medical aid to planets on the Outer Rim. I'd rather be doing that, but when Command says jump," he half shrugged.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Jax Dolross » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:00 am

Jax gave the doctor a smile "That's noble work there doc, helping those refugees is commendable." He shook his head his smile taking on a rueful quality "Well now it Mau not have been the reason I left but I have enjoyed being able to go where I want when I can since I left the military."

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:03 am

With a morose chuckle, "I can see the appeal."
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Tethys Carrack » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:12 am

Delmi Koor wrote:Delmi shakes the hand, “Delmi Koor. You play pazaak? Or just the most convenient place to sit?”

"The latter," Tethys admits. "I know the rules, but I have never taken to it. Its outcomes seem to depend almost entirely on the quantity of money and effort the players have devoted to collecting the strongest cards... I don't find that particularly appealing." She shakes her head slightly.
Jedi ○ Human ○ Republic Affiliated ○ Tall ○ Profile Link
Obvious accoutrements: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink; backpack and/or Jedi armor when needed; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Delmi Koor » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:16 am

"Yeah? What do you like? Y'all are allowed to have like hobbies and stuff?" She asked without a hint of guile or cynicism.
Freelance | Human | Gunslinger | Smuggler | Daughter of Anaxes | Pew Pew
Carries/Wears: Model 1 “Nova Viper” Blaster Pistol; H-7 “Equalizer” Blaster Pistol; Backpack
"When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk." -Delmi Koor
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Jax Dolross » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:40 am

Dr. Cole Ormont wrote:With a morose chuckle, "I can see the appeal."

"So what keeps you around? Why not go out and help who you want?"

Description theme
Jax Dolross

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics