Single large tent divided into a recreation area and a gym.

Day 5 MM: SHOW ME YOUR MOVES!

Postby Baesal Zyn » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:18 am

Baesal was in her training wear once again, armed with her shield and saber. Her stance was guarded, her shield interjected between her and the phantom enemy. The silver lightsaber was held back, either hidden by the shield or going out with precise piercing jabs

Like this...like this...and this...maybe this...
Jedi- Togruta - Tinkerer - The Tentacle Entente? - Student of Master Raji Xen - 'splosions! -
Visible equipment: Heavy clothes, utility belt, googles, backpack, Soho lightsaber: The silver bladed ''Memory'', The red Ionblade ''The little sister'', lightshield, chromed cyberarm (left)
"Could I have been wrong?" -Baesal Zyn
Often seen with R5-T8: her droid assistant
Baesal Zyn

Re: Day 5 MM: SHOW ME YOUR MOVES!

Postby Tra Kize » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:04 pm

It had been years since he'd seen a Jedi practice, and seeing the Togruta enter the training hall drew the retired officer's interest. He followed her in and greeted the other soldiers present before watching everyone's training.

He found an out of the way spot and simply observed. It was always fascinating, and interesting, to try to build tactical models around their abilities and his mind began building as he watched.
Neutral * Kel Dor * Scholar * Retired Republic Staff Officer * Commanding Presence * Resolute
Equipment: Long Range Comlink, Datapad, Light Blaster Pistol, Antitox Breath Mask, Heavy Clothing

Description
Tra Kize

Postby Baesal Zyn » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:06 pm

Baesal tried her bestest...but she was not an athlete by any stretch on the imagination and she was already tired.

She thus took a break, allowing her to notice the Kel'dorian watching. She turned towards him while she reached for a towel

''Hey''
Jedi- Togruta - Tinkerer - The Tentacle Entente? - Student of Master Raji Xen - 'splosions! -
Visible equipment: Heavy clothes, utility belt, googles, backpack, Soho lightsaber: The silver bladed ''Memory'', The red Ionblade ''The little sister'', lightshield, chromed cyberarm (left)
Baesal Zyn

Postby GB-PK9 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:13 pm

The Droid sat in the corner, awaiting something to need retrieving. It spied the Togruta training and it's eyes sparked at the shield and sword play, springing up from it's lying position.

A warning flash stopped it in it's tracks. Lightsticks /= Fetch.

It emitted a disappointed whirr and returned to a resting position.
Guardian Beta Prototype | Quadruped | Retriever | Hunter | Friendly

Has: Emergency Repair Patch X 5 , Holo-Messenger, Laminate Plating
GB-PK9

Postby Tra Kize » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:41 pm

"Good morning," Tra greets. "I think you're the first Jedi I've seen that uses a shield. I've often wondered why they never seemed to use them, but here you've proven me wrong in my assumption."
Neutral * Kel Dor * Scholar * Retired Republic Staff Officer * Commanding Presence * Resolute
Equipment: Long Range Comlink, Datapad, Light Blaster Pistol, Antitox Breath Mask, Heavy Clothing

Description
Tra Kize

Postby Baesal Zyn » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:49 pm

Baesal chuckled at that

''Well...not exactly since this is the only one of it's kind thus far.'' she shrugged ''Most of us aren't fighters or have other means of defense so...it is to be expected I guess''

She extented a hand

''I am Baesal Zyn''
Baesal Zyn

Postby Tra Kize » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:56 pm

"Tra Kize," the retired officer replies, extending his hand in acceptance. "A pleasure, again. The Gand made our last meeting a bit... awkward."

He looks over at the whirring quadrupedal dog for a moment. "That one seems like one of a kind as well. I've never seen that model." Looking back to Baesal, "Are you an engineer then? The Jedi make their own personal armaments correct?"

Description
Tra Kize

Postby Baesal Zyn » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:05 am

''I am.'' she confirmed shaking the old officer's hand ''We mostly use the term 'artisan' but I always felt like 'engineer' is more fitting''

She looked at the dog-bot in the corner

''Yeah it is...it's design seems very well done.''
Baesal Zyn

Postby Tra Kize » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:16 am

Moving to take a seat and offering offering a spot next to him, he nods in appreciation of the canidroid. "Most of my experience with weaponry is dealing with spec sheets and cost analyses for acquisitions. I can name the major producers and their different models for military equipment, but I've unfortunately never gotten into the actual maintenance and modification of such. In my day I tended to rely on the opinions and preferences of the soldiers in my unit to help make acquisition decisions. Though in this situation, working with the resistance, it's really just become figuring out how to make use of what is already in place. Makes me regret not taking some engineering courses back in the day."

Description
Tra Kize

Postby GB-PK9 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:21 am

GB perked slightly, with a wag of it's tail at the compliment on it's construction. It carefully crept forward toward the conversation without interruption.

Operation rule:
Don't speak until addressed.

Why it felt a need to break that rule lately, escaped it.

GB-PK9

Postby Baesal Zyn » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:07 am

''I understand...thankfully we have a number of good engineers here. Still, someone to organise things is never wasted''

Baesal still kept an eye on the canine droid, surprised it acte like a dog as well.

''You can come here'' she told it
Baesal Zyn

Postby Tra Kize » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:22 am

"I'll be doing what I can. I've been trying to work with Thazos and Yanos Kin since the invasion started and I've just arrived to try and help the strike force on behalf of the resistance the other day, hoping to help bridge communications further," the retired officer explains. "I would like to be as useful as possible, but considering the fact that I'm retired and acting on behalf of the resistance first and foremost, I'm likely not going to be granted any special dispensation for assisting with command strategic and tactical analysis any time soon."

Description
Tra Kize

Postby Baesal Zyn » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:28 am

''Well...'' she pondered something for a moment ''I am the resistance's representative to the Republic forces so perhaps I could help?''
Baesal Zyn

Postby Tra Kize » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:33 am

"That would be appreciated," he says with a nod. "If you have any need for my assistance in collating data or performing strategic or operational analyses, I would be glad to assist. I'm no front line fighter but I do have extensive experience as a staff officer and a fair amount as a ships commander and executive officer."

Description
Tra Kize

Postby GB-PK9 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:42 am

Being granted permission, the robotic canine strolled over to the pair, before seating itself before them, it's head bouncing back forth between the two as they conversed. It was an interesting conversation, as it had picked up some identity information during it's short stay on the planet.

It studied the pair carefully, running canine idle simulation loops periodically so it didn't reach a level of unlively stillness. It obviously didn't work, as it was still a chrome plated droid, but, it was attempting to fit in.

GB-PK9

Postby Baesal Zyn » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:51 am

''I might need help as well...I do not think I am well suited for that role'' she had to admit once again before returning to examine the canine droid

''It is so life-like...say, what is your name?''
Last edited by Baesal Zyn on Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Baesal Zyn

Postby Tra Kize » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:06 am

"It is quite well programmed on top of having an excellent design," Tra says, looking to the robo dog. "It reminds me of those robotic pets, though far superior in quality. I wonder what it's function is? Perhaps it's designed to mimic predatory animals and is used primarily for combat roles?"

Description
Tra Kize

Postby GB-PK9 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:08 am

It instinctively emits a sequence of droid noise, peppered with the occasional synthesized bark.

"Unit Designated: GB-PK9. Happy to assist."

The reaction animation triggers, a brisk happy wag of it's completely pointless tail.

"Inquiry: Designation?"

It turns to Tra Kize's question.

"Unit Programmed: Wilderness Search and Rescue. Secondary Function: Combat Assistance. "

GB-PK9

Postby Baesal Zyn » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:11 pm

Baesal leans in

''Incredible...would you mind if I inspected you closer?''
Baesal Zyn

Postby Tra Kize » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:17 pm

Tra nodded to the response. "Manufacturer?"

Description
Tra Kize

Postby GB-PK9 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:17 pm

"This unit will comply."

It nudged Baesals hand with it's nose as it did.

It glanced to Tra Kize and slightly tilted it's head. "Manufacturer is not publicly traded. Has filed possible name as Cybernetic Operational Technologies".

GB-PK9

Postby Baesal Zyn » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:01 pm

D'awww

Baesal smiled wide as she puts her scanner goggles on to inspect the model

''A quadrupedal model is a brilliant idea.''
Baesal Zyn

Postby Tra Kize » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:05 pm

"It seems like it would be more complex than tracked for terrestrial movement. Particularly with the availability of those types of parts in the industry. And probably more complex than bipedal in terms of programming movement, though more stable. I could see it having greater accessibility in a wilderness terrain, though costs for such a unique model would undoubtedly be higher than standard industry options," Tra says, evaluating it from a cost and application point of view. "If they had a good production system to bring down costs, I could see such a build being popular with colonists and with military teams that frequently operate in wilderness. Especially if costs could be brought down significantly over hover units. It could certainly carry more weight with much greater efficiency."

Description
Tra Kize

Postby Baesal Zyn » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:32 pm

''And it is likely faster'' she added ''You are a superb model GB!''
Baesal Zyn

Forum Statistics