Single large tent divided into a recreation area and a gym.

Pull and Stretch [D6 EA]

Postby Niall Organa » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:45 am

Keeping strong, keeping sharp, keeping ready, these were all duties of a good soldier. And Niall was nothing if not a good soldier.

He ran on the treadmill again, sweating as much as he had yesterday. Reaching forward, he adjusted the speed up another notch.
Republic | Human | Captain Alderaan | Inspiring Rhetoric | Nice Cape
Niall Organa

Re: Pull and Stretch [D6 EA]

Postby Jax Dolross » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:56 am

Jax strode into the gym in his usual workout attire ready to get a good workout in. One thing the military instilled in him during his service was that one had to stay in top fighting form at all times. Your body is your first weapon, have to maintain readiness of it at all times.

Jax saw Niall on the tread mill and decided to join him in a run taking up the treadmill next to the captain "Captain Alderaan, staying in poster boy shape I see." jax said with a grin as he started his warm up.
*Neutral *Human * Pilot *Smuggler *Ex-Republic Navy Lieutenant *charming *Captain of the Midnight
Equipment: Backpack full of tricks, Josephine,

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Niall Organa » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:03 am

As Niall saw Jax take the spot next to him, he raised a single eyebrow. The hand that had just adjusted the controls reached out again. This time, his rate slowed noticeably; he couldn't very well talk if he was panting for breath.

The comment made Niall's lips quirk. "Yes, well. Duty to the Republic and all."

He took a moment to let his breathing stabilize. "How have you been since we last spoke, former Lieutenant Jax?"
Niall Organa

Postby Jax Dolross » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:35 am

Jax set an easy pace one which he could easily keep up a conversation but still get a good workout. "Well it's certainly been an interesting few weeks. This new theater is very different from our last one, seems much hotter both temperature wise and in the amount of action we're seeing."

Jax takes a sip of water "Met up with the leader of the local resistance. Chase almost pummeled him into a smarmy paste, hell I would have finished the job if we hadn't needed to stop a crazy suicide bombing. That mixed with the action last night, pulling Thazos out of a hail of mandalorian gunfire its been an exciting couple of days." he turned towards Niall a bit "what about you? been keeping busy?"
*Neutral *Human * Pilot *Smuggler *Ex-Republic Navy Lieutenant *charming *Captain of the Midnight

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Niall Organa » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:51 pm

Niall raised an eyebrow again. "Not as busy as you, from the sound of it." Niall said. "Goodness. I'd heard about Thazos being rescued. Well done, that." He gave the man a nod.

A moment to focus on breathing; it was easy enough to talk, the rhythm of the conversation matching their running. "Seems like you've definitely been putting in the work. Don't think that won't be appreciated by the Republic." His lips quirked. "Don't suppose you'd consider joining back up?"
Niall Organa

Postby Jax Dolross » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:13 pm

Jax chuckled "there have been somethings that reminded me why I joined up in the first place. However I just don't think I could go back to the military life. Spent too much time living my own life. I think I'm just too far gone for better or worse." He gave a rueful smile "but for now I don't mind helping out where I can." He grinned "as long as the credits are flowing you can count on me to do my best."

He paused "though if I'm being honest I feel for these people at least for this job the money doesn't matter as much as it did when I started."

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Niall Organa » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:35 pm

Niall laughed softly. "I suppose I understand that. It's not a life for everyone."

As Jax went on, though, Niall's expression grew more serious, more thoughtful. He was silent for a few moments. Then, suddenly, he reached out one last time, pressing the controls on his treadmill. It slowed to a stop.

Niall turned to Jax, his grey eyes serious. "Jax. We need to talk."
Niall Organa

Postby Jax Dolross » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:41 pm

Jax quirked an eyebrow at the captain "Sure thing, you look serious I assume this is the kind of talk that you dont want an audience for." He says simply his expression decidedly neutral.

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Niall Organa » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:10 pm

"Quite." Niall said. He jerked his head. "Let's step into the locker room. If anyone comes in, we stop."

He lead the way; it wasn't far. And, thankfully, it was empty. Niall turned back to Jax, his expression as serious before. "I have rather a lot of information to convey. I ask that you wait until I'm done." He gave the man a nod. "Okay?"
Niall Organa

Postby Jax Dolross » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:40 pm

Jax leaned up against a locker his expression casual and a small smile on his lips, though an observant person might note that it didn't quite reach his eyes.

"What's on your mind cap." He'd seen this look before he knew when someone was suspicious of him.

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Niall Organa » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:55 pm

Niall gave Jax a slow nod. "I've been leading an investigation into the disappearance of a drop meant for the Resistance that went missing a few weeks ago." Niall gave him the date. "The supplies are one thing, but they're not the most important part, of course. More importantly, it indicates a leak. And most importantly..." Niall took a deep breath. "The Resistance members who were supposed to receive this drop were killed."

Another breath, and he went on. "From there, we've managed to piece together a fair amount of what happened. It would require conspirators both on the ground, of course. To kill the Resistance and retrieve the supplies. To load them onto a ship." He paused a moment there. "And then someone on the Valiant Star to make everything look right."

His lips thinned. "I'm taking a risk just telling you this much. One of the ground crew was already killed. Whoever did it tried to make it look like a suicide. I expect that there will be more to come if this group isn't brought down soon."
Niall Organa

Postby Jax Dolross » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:11 pm

Jax listened as Niall requested, his grin shrunk as the officer spoke. "Well it certainly sounds like you have a problem on your hands definitely a complex operation going." He shrugged and looked at Niall "I'm no investigator though so I'm not quite sure what you're looking for from me."

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Niall Organa » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:21 pm

"Yes." Niall sighed. "Complex is the right word for it. But it's growing less complex. New information just came in this morning."

He stepped a little closer. "But it's taking time. And I'm worried that if it takes too long, people are going to end up hurt or killed."

He tilted his head, regarding Jax. "And I think you're the sort to worry about that too, Jax." Niall's lips quirked. "Unless I'm entirely misreading you. But I think you're a good guy, who's willing to do the right thing."
Niall Organa

Postby Jax Dolross » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:39 pm

Another shrug comes from the smuggler "I'm not opposed to doing the right thing, when I can." He fixed Niall with a stare "What are you asking me Alderaan?"

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Niall Organa » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:43 pm

"Help us bring them in." Niall said. "Stop them from hurting anyone else."

He paused a moment. "Someone in the right position could help us set them up. Get them to compromise themselves." His lips pressed together. "I can offer immunity on lesser crimes. Smuggling, for instance. In exchange for full cooperation."
Niall Organa

Postby Jax Dolross » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:52 pm

Jax was quiet for a moment he doesn't seem to really have any evidence of wrong doing on my part, this news of killing is disconcerting but i can't make a decision like this on my own.

He looks at Niall "If I knew what you were talking about and if I could help you, it's not a decision I can make with out talking to other parties involved. I'm sure you understand."

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Niall Organa » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:57 pm

After a moment, Niall nodded. "I do understand. There are people I'm responsible for, too." His lips quirked. "I imagine some of them would say they're responsible for me, too." He frowned. "But please, no one besides... the nearest party. As I said, I'm taking a big risk here."

Niall sighed. "But sooner or later, we're going to get them." His lips quirked. "I can't show you all my cards, as the saying goes. The only question is how long it takes, and how many innocents they bring down with them. So please, get back to me soon."
Niall Organa

Postby Jax Dolross » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:11 pm

"I understand Captain, we both have to do what we think is best for our people." Jax says, his casual tone intact.

Azura is not going to like this. He thought. "I'll need your comm details in case I need to get a hold of you."

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Niall Organa » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:19 pm

"Of course." Niall passed over his comm information.

He smiled. "I am right about you, aren't I? I've been told that I'm a little too optimistic, too willing to see the good in people." He shrugged. "I hope that's because it's there."
Niall Organa

Postby Jax Dolross » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:22 pm

"Make no mistake captain, I'm a survivor and a professional. I don't mind doing the right thing but I'm going make sure me and mine are coming out the other side." His casual facade faded a little and his expression left little room to doubt the sincerity of his words.

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Niall Organa » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:27 pm

"Hmmm." Niall was silent as he considered that. "I understand. But I think that this is one of those cases where doing the right thing, and doing what's best for you and yours is the same. Think on that immunity."

"Would you tell me about your time in the service?" He asked suddenly.
Niall Organa

Postby Jax Dolross » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:35 pm

An eyebrow went up a little "what do you want to know about it?" He asked perhaps slightly guarded but not hostile.

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Niall Organa » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:15 am

Niall shrugged. "Whatever you like. I... well, you know how it is. When you're in, its your life. I suppose I just wanted some idea how yours was."
Niall Organa

Postby Jax Dolross » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:36 am

Jax relaxed a little feeling less like this was some trap. "Well I joined young, younger than most, with some help. I joined before I finished school bit I showed an aptitude for flying but before they put you in a bird you have to get a commission and before you get a commission you have to get an education. So I spent the first two years going to officer school, graduated as an ensign got a bird. Fought a bit, killed some people. Made some stupid decisions but they paid off and brass took notice moved up to lieutenant after a year. More killing, more missions recognized I had a way with people so I got a squad." He pauses then when he brings that last up.

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Niall Organa » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:17 am

Niall listened, his expression interested as Jax spoke. He chuckled briefly at the mention of stupid decisions. "That sounds about right." He murmured.

He noticed the pause. Niall watched the man carefully. "A squad?" He asked gently.
Niall Organa

Next
Forum Statistics