Single large tent divided into a recreation area and a gym.

Re: Get That Beach Bod! (D6, ME)

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:51 am

"Am I? Heh, maybe...?" she rubbed her neck with an embarrassed smile. Cole had said she could reach that far, if she wanted too.

"I guess some of the Alderaanian schooling and basic military training produces good officer-materials? I mean, just look at Captain Organa! It just seems so natural to him - I've no idea how he does it!"
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Postby Garth Wayne » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:58 am

"Ah'm sure that he'd be more'n happy to teach ya if y' were interested. Ah haven't had much interaction wi' the Captain, but ah only hear good things about him."

Alderaan was a big planet, so Garth didn't expect that the two had met previously, I mean what were the odds???
Republic * Human * Pilot * Force Sensitive * Adrenaline Junkie
Languages: Basic (Speaks and understands), Binary (Understands only)
Standard Gear: Republic Uniform (Padded Armour), DR-45 Dragoon, Comlink, Bike Keys, Backpack, green crystal necklace, Aznuri Necklace
Combat Gear: Shockrider Crash Suit, as above + Extra Reload + Crash Survival kit
Garth Wayne

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:03 am

"Maybe! I... honestly hadn't considered a military career much, though it would probably please my father a lot. Not that he disapproves of my academical pursuits, but I get the impression he feels I could do so much more for Alderaan and the Republic in the military."

Lyseil shrugged. Fathers!

"What about you? Your family wants you in the military, or back home...?"
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Postby Garth Wayne » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:09 am

At the mention of family, Garth's hand drifted to the single crystal hanging from a leather thong around his neck.

"Family's complicated fer me. M' birth mother, seems she might'a been one o' those Jedi, but ah never really knew her, she died when ah was little. My ma, she was a simple woman, she'd jus' wan' me to be happy."

He strokes the necklace seeking comfort from it and it seems to brighten his mood somewhat.

"So what did ya wanna do with that great big educated brain when yer studies were done? Or hadna ye planned that far ahead?"
Standard Gear: Republic Uniform (Padded Armour), DR-45 Dragoon, Comlink, Bike Keys, Backpack, green crystal necklace, Aznuri Necklace
Combat Gear: Shockrider Crash Suit, as above + Extra Reload + Crash Survival kit
Garth Wayne

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:18 am

Lyseil noted the reaction and the necklace, and could understand it. She almost always kept her family-pendant on her person too, but it seemed to mean more to Garth than hers did. And his... if his mother was a jedi, was that maybe a lightsaber crystal he carried with him?

"I see. Well, I know lots of cultures say that family is more than blood-bonds! Like, the Mandalorians, I know don't find blood-bonds to be that important when it comes to the meaning of family. As for me... well, I will be an archaeologist when I finish my thesis! Hopefully I will then get the opportunity to travel the galaxy more, and see all sorts of things!"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Garth Wayne » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:25 am

Garth nods in agreement.

"Ah can't say ah ever wanted fer love or support when ah was growin', an ah loved my ma, and she me as much as any blood family." Garth let out a wistful grin as he remembered them back home. "Ah might go back and visit after this deployment, it's been....a while."

There's no tears, but a hint of moisture in the corner of his eyes, but it might just be sweat from his workout, yeah sweat, that's it....

"But what inspired ye to take up archaeology? Sounds like it weren't a family career?"
Garth Wayne

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:28 am

"I think it's a fascinating field! Like, it combines everything of history, and people, and cultures, and it becomes like this super-interesting way to look at how things were and how that has affected the galaxy as we know it today. Or well, a planet, maybe..." she chuckled warmly but there was a lot of enthusiasm in her voice. "There's a lot to learn from the past, and if we paid more attention to it, I think we could avoid future mistakes!"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Garth Wayne » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:30 am

"An here I thought it were just diggin in the sand with shovels." Garth ribs the princess lightly. "It's good t' find someone with a real calling, so have ye made any 'verse shattering discoveries yet?"
Garth Wayne

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:44 am

"Not yet... hopefully soon!" she grinned. All researchers hoped for that one ground-breaking discovery!

"What about you though? Must be more to you than what meets the eye, no?"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Garth Wayne » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:53 am

"What meets th' eye ain't enough?" Garth teases lightly. "Back to the machines again ah guess."

"But no, not really what ya see is what ya get. Speed freak, adrenalin junkie. Ah've been called more an worse an they're all true. Faster ah'm goin, happier ah am. As long as ah'm the one behind the wheel."
Garth Wayne

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:00 am

"Sounds dangerous," she mused, though there was no disapproval in her tone. "So you're a pilot then?"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Garth Wayne » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:23 am

"Surely no more dangerous 'n digging around in unexplored ancient ruins?" Garth questions back.

"But yeah pilot sums it up. Still more comfortable drivin' in atmo, specially wi' Tallulah, but been pilotin' the Spitfires fer the Republic fer a few years now."
Garth Wayne

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:32 am

"I'd say driving a dangerous high levels of speed is more dangerous, but sure," Lyseil grinned. "For a few years? Sounds like you're into doing this for a living then, no?"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Garth Wayne » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:37 am

"It weren't a plan, I just kinda fell into it when Kessel Run shut down. Me and some th' other stunt drivers needed a paycheck, and the Republic were hiring. Ah think ah enjoy helpin' people though, so ah might be wi' em for a time yet."

Deciding his workout was now officially over, he slipped his jacket on, leaving it unfastened for now though.

"So what's yer thesis on? That's like a big research project yeah?"
Garth Wayne

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:35 am

"It's a surprise!" Lyseil grinned. "Look forward to it when it gets published, eh?"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Garth Wayne » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:26 am

"Ah'm not really a big reader, but ah'll try and check it out." Garth replied with a grin. If nothing else, Lyseil's enthusiasm was contagious.
Garth Wayne

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:34 am

"I seem to meet a lot of people here who say they aren't big readers. Makes me wonder what you guys do when you have time to kill?" she mused thoughtfully. They couldn't always be in here in the Gym, or drinking in the Rec Hall, right?!
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Garth Wayne » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:01 am

"If'n ye have any recommendations, ah'll check 'em out. Ah'm just more of a doer than a reader, if ya know what ah mean. Ah s'pose it's a bit of a cycle though innit?" He asks semi rhetorically.

"Ah don' read, cus ah never enjoyed it, but ah never will unless ah give it a chance huh?" He ponders to himself. "Got anythin' ya'd recommend ta start wi'?"
Garth Wayne

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:05 am

"Hmm... well, do you like stories, or learning about things? I mean, there are so many different things to read, you just need to consider what you might like. Some people like romance stories, others prefer reading about history or some such. I know I recommended sergeant Sabine some more fanciful military fiction." Lyseil suggested, trying to gauge what Garth might like.
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Garth Wayne » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:48 am

"Mebbe somethin' with a little excitement to it, ta get the blood pumpin' and edge o' ya seat adventure?" Garth suggested, not entirely sure if what he was asking for even existed but willing to try something new.
Garth Wayne

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:43 am

"Hmm..." Lyseil reached for her datapad, bringing up her selection of novels. "I think I can find something that suits that kind of interest! Stories of brave protagonists facing dangers and challenges. They got some Vera Hawke novels if that's your thing?"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Garth Wayne » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:46 am

The shudder that passes through Garth is unmistakeable.

"Ummm, tried ta watch that show wi' Knight Lunda. It just sets me on edge, dunno why. S'pose ah shouldn't be lazy and actually look stuff up on m' own. There's gotta be heaps out there on th' network right?"
Garth Wayne

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:52 am

She gave him a curious glance at the shudder and the comment. "Sets you on edge how, if you don't mind me asking? I think that's the first time I've heard someone say that about the rather popular show. Figured the 'Boob Knight' was something you fly-boys liked to look at...?"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Garth Wayne » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:22 am

"It's fine fer background noise ah guess, but actually watchin' it is....mebbe it's just cos there's always been a little chasm 'tween us Kessell Run peeps and the Hawke-rs. Ah just can't bring m'self t really watch it, let alone read about it." Garth explains as best he's able.
Garth Wayne

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:30 am

"Uh-huh..." Lyseil wasn't sure she understood it, but it was his issue, not hers. "What about some soldier-stories? Or more the adventurer-type visiting new and undiscovered places?"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics