Single large tent divided into a recreation area and a gym.

Re: D7, LM, Open- What is this...recreation you speak of?

Postby Tra Kize » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:29 am

"To draw you into a more aggressive stance and give you the opportunity to learn how to watch for defensive traps. In a defensive strategy the trick is to create traps that the opponent doesn't see until too late. You will have to compute and predict. I'm going to stick with this strategy until the end of the match. The game will last longer or shorter based on how agressive your moves are and your victory will depend on how well you can model my strategy in that time."
Neutral * Kel Dor * Scholar * Retired Republic Staff Officer * Commanding Presence * Resolute
Equipment: Long Range Comlink, Datapad, Light Blaster Pistol, Antitox Breath Mask, Heavy Clothing

Description
Tra Kize

Postby R4OXY » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:11 am

The complexities were not unlike that of an astrogation model between two binary stars. For a moment, ze's processors worked to decipher his words. *Why would you not simply seek to defeat me with your superior play?*
R4 unit * Uses Ze Zem Zer pronouns * Tech * Will fix things for money * "Colorful" past

Jetpack attached, long range comlink installed. Lockpicks inside chassis.

Speaks only in binary and beeps and whistles. Speech indicated by *speech*
R4OXY

Postby Tra Kize » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:28 am

"Because I am teaching rather than competing. In the current circumstance it is more beneficial to find out if the activity is something you would enjoy, and teach you how it is played rather than simply trying to win using greater experience. If you find it to be an activity that you want to learn more about and perform in the future then I will have potentially gained a longer term partner in the game. But how interested would you be if I just took advantage of my greater experience, didn't explain the purpose and process, then just defeated you? That limits the potential gain. And even if you decided that it wasn't for you, the experience is not a total waste because you've learned about one recreational activity, which contributes to you goal here, and I got to spend time teaching which is something I enjoy.". Tra explains his motivation as plainly as he can to help R4OXY understand a little better.
Neutral * Kel Dor * Scholar * Retired Republic Staff Officer * Commanding Presence * Resolute
Equipment: Long Range Comlink, Datapad, Light Blaster Pistol, Antitox Breath Mask, Heavy Clothing

Description
Tra Kize

Postby R4OXY » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:43 am

The droid's previous experiences with meatbeasts were not stacking up with ze's current experiences. "Your approach is...logical. It is not one I ahve encountered before, but I can find no flaw in it.*
R4 unit * Uses Ze Zem Zer pronouns * Tech * Will fix things for money * "Colorful" past

R4OXY

Postby Tra Kize » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:19 am

"You learn these things being a professor. Everybody in the galaxy is a student of something, you just have to find a way to teach them that they agree with. I've gotten good at that so that I can help them learn. I'm not alway right and I don't always have the means to help a student appreciate a lesson, but I tend to be more successful with the more cerebral types. Which you clearly are and I greatly appreciate," he replies with a nod, continuing his defensive moves enjoying the game and watching the droid learn.

Description
Tra Kize

Postby R4OXY » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:46 am

The droid made a few more moves processing this. *I suppose I could be described as cerebral. It seems a term more for...organic life, but it is an apt descriptor.*

R4 pauses a moment. *I...also appreciate your willingness to teach me in a style that is optimal for me.*

R4OXY

Postby Tra Kize » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:56 am

"And I'm happy to oblige. It's doubly beneficial for me in terms of recreation. I enjoy teaching and haven't had much opportunity to do so since the start of this invasion, in addition to enjoying Shah-tezh," he says with a nod. "It's also nice to converse with curious minded individuals."

Description
Tra Kize

Postby R4OXY » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:02 am

The droid paused for a moment, sensing that loss was in ze's future, but unable to determine how to abate it. *Could you...tell me more of what is happening? Whatever is allowed of course. I am merely curious as to what is occurring to cause such a large force to be here.*

R4OXY

Postby Tra Kize » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:23 am

"A while back, Mandalorians invaded the planet of Bankor. The people of this world formed an initial resistance that was not doing so well against the Mandalorian war machine. Some resistance leaders reached out for assistance from the Republic and Strike Force Aurek Hawk was their response. Since arriving, they have bolstered the resistance and made headway of their own. They're now working together quite well. There's no guarantee that there will be victory, but it is looking more hopeful each day. I was here, as a guest lecturer at the University, when the invasion first occurred and immediately took up with the resistance. After the strike force arrived, I moved to their camp to try and promote greater synergy and cooperation," Tra explains to the droid.

His moves, were still entirely defensive. He was taking pieces here and there when the droid tested his defenses, allowing R40XY to observe the different angles of attack he was making. Trying to help him understand the different pieces strengths.

Description
Tra Kize

Postby R4OXY » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:29 am

The droid took in the information like any computer and parsed it for pieces that might not be being shared. Such as 'now working together quite well' which implied previously not working well together. And 'immediately took up with the resistance'. Which implied some had not.

R4 followed the patterns in a logical, if slightly dull methodology, trying to test things as Tra had indicated. But in the back of ze's processors, a slightly devious plan began to come together.

*Why did the Mandalorians invade?*

R4OXY

Postby Tra Kize » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:36 am

"It is their nature to conquer and claim," Tra replies. "Their society is focused on aggressive pursuits like hunting and battle. When enough of them coalesce under a single banner they tend towards organizing invasions. It is a point of honor and glory for them."

Tra is content to continue his strategy, hoping to see some interesting counter strategies from R40XY.

Description
Tra Kize

Postby R4OXY » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:55 am

*That...seems odd. Why would they do such a thing? If they shared with others, would not all benefit? Why conquer?*

The droid attempts an all out attack on multiple fronts, somewhat spurred by the description of the Mandalorians. Perhaps ze is too cautious and that is why ze is failing.

R4OXY

Postby Tra Kize » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:23 pm

"That would work out better for everyone, but they feel that if they fight for something that it is theirs. People can be very selfish," he replies.

He enjoys the assault on his pieces, and takes his time finding the strength in the attacks, but he also keeps an eye out for outliers, pieces likely put in place just before the attack began.

Description
Tra Kize

Postby R4OXY » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:20 am

The droid beeps an affirmative. *I have noted this. Beings also have the capacity to not consider the consequences of their actions. I suspect a game like this helps train the mind to look for the next steps. Do many organic beings play this?*

R4 attempts to put into place ze's feint, trying to draw Tra's pieces out of their defensive formation by creating a deceptively weak spot.

R4OXY

Postby Tra Kize » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:29 am

"This or one of many variations of it. It is particularly common for people in certain professions to practice it. Politicians, military leaders, scholars, and slicers tend to enjoy this as a recreation as it allows them to focus their minds in addition to using it to explain their actions allegorically to those external to their professions that are familiar with the game. But it is far from exclusive to those groups."

Curious about how he will follow up on the feint, and wondering if R40XY had considered how to follow through, Tra moves into the feint. He is interested in if the droid considered what happens after a successful feint or if he was still only seeing tactically rather than strategically.

Description
Tra Kize

Postby R4OXY » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:47 am

R4 pounces, moving ze's pieces quickly. However, once it is accomplished, ze finds ze has not planned for another purpose. Ze has been focused on only the moment, which will not do.

*I could see that. It has distinct uses. And it is something of a challenge, especially when one is playing against an organic opponent.*

R4OXY

Postby Tra Kize » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:09 am

Having had a few pieces in place for this eventuality, Tra moves in such a way to cut off the droid's pieces from each other, putting his opponents setup in disarray and surrounding his forward pieces in a few moves. "That wasn't a bad plan there R40XY. It would have worked better if you had strengthened your position with a more comprehensive attack pattern beforehand, but that will come to you very quickly with experience." He nods in appreciation.

"There are a few options for playing over the holonet. I'm part of a few groups, if you'd like me to send you invites so we can continue playing even when not nearby. And I imagine you could collect much more data and get more practice over that medium as well," he offers.

Description
Tra Kize

Postby R4OXY » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:01 am

Its not possible for a droid to droop, but if it was, R4 would be doing a decent interpretation of it, watching everything fall apart.

*I must learn more of planning multiple moves ahead. This will take some time.*

At the mention of continuing to play, R4 beeps approvingly. *That would be optimal. I am unsure as to where I may end up in the near future. Using the holonet would be advantageous to my continued learning.*

The droid swivels ze's optic port towards Tra. *You are most accomodating and helpful. It is appreciated.*

R4OXY

Postby Tra Kize » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:08 am

"I'd be bad at my job as a professor if I wasn't helpful," he says with a chuckle. With a few moves he pushes the end of the game. Having made a mess of R40XY's assault, he didn't want to prolong it. He knew how difficult recovery from that position would be for an experienced player, and that was a lesson that would be putting the cart before the horse.

"We can reset for another game if you like, or if you're interested in learning about other recreations for the time being that would be fine too." He pulls out his datapad once more and pulls up the information on a few strategy game groups on the Holonet before passing it to the droid. "These are the groups I'm a member of, there are others too that you can find with a quick search. I only selected them because other players I know are regular players as well, so it's not out of a particular preference for the players or software used."

Description
Tra Kize

Postby R4OXY » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:07 am

*I find I would enjoy another game. I suspect there is much more I can learn from you on this topic.* The droid accepts the information on holonet groups, storing it away for later use.

*As long as you do not have other activities you wish to accomplish at this time, I believe I will accept a 'rematch' as they call it.*

R4OXY

Postby Tra Kize » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:31 pm

"I would enjoy another game as well," Tra says, resetting the board. "I am glad that you find the game to your liking."

Description
Tra Kize

Postby R4OXY » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:27 am

The droid attempts to help reset the board, but struggles due to ze's shortened appendages and lack of thumbs. *It is...surprisingly fluid for a game based in 2-D space. It has more complexity within it than others I have observed. That is intriguing.*

R4OXY

Postby Tra Kize » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:38 pm

"There are more potential positions for the game after 4 moves from each player than there are stars in the galaxy. The true level of complexity is beyond calculation for the game as a whole. Which makes it truly baffling that there are people that can plan out and succeed at strategies that span the duration of a game. To be able to predict moves and tactics."

Description
Tra Kize

Postby R4OXY » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:10 am

The droid spun its headpiece slowly. *That would require extensive modeling and capacity. Perhaps with a bit of time, it would be more possible. But in the moment, it could be somewhat difficult.*

R4OXY

Postby Tra Kize » Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:14 pm

"Indeed," he says as he begins his opening moves, "Allow me to show you something here really quick. You don't want to be caught up by this. A lot of newer players that learn it will use it exhaustively against other new players and it kind of saps the fun from the game."

He goes through a few moves, explaining each one and how the quick combination can defeat an opponent that doesn't know what they're looking at. Basically a strategy that makes it likely to win in a handful of moves. He explains how to counter it with a single move if someone is trying it.

Description
Tra Kize

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics