Single large tent divided into a recreation area and a gym.

Moody Blue (Day 8 Early Evening)

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:24 am

Well, Niall couldn't be the only one in this base that didn't know how to dance. Heck, likely most of the soldiers didn't know much about it. Dancing wasn't exactly something that was taught in boot camp after all. So Z took it upon himself to do something about it. A few quiet conversations,and the word was spread across the camp that there would be some dance lessons offered at the Rec Hall in the Early parts of the evening.

Word spread, Z had arrived a bit early, and cleared a open space in a quiet corner of the Rec hall. A small portable stereo system set nearby,ready to play a few tunes after people started to arrive. Which hopefully wouldn't be long, Z didn't mind the waiting, but he did have a busy day ahead.
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Ship: Three Drinks Smells like: Whiskey, Cigarettes, Cologne
Zanebry Varliss

Re: Moody Blue (Day 8 Early Evening)

Postby Garth Wayne » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:28 am

Word had indeed spread, and Garth hoped that Zane would be able to help him out. He'd dabbled at the club back on Rygor, but had been outclassed on the floor by Azura. Hopefully with a little tuition, the pilot would be able to hold his own.

"Evenin' Zane, ah hear ye're donatin' yer free time to help us poor uncoordinated fools learn how not t' embarass ourselves."
Republic * Human * Pilot * Force Sensitive * Adrenaline Junkie
Languages: Basic (Speaks and understands), Binary (Understands only)
Standard Gear: Republic Uniform (Padded Armour), DR-45 Dragoon, Comlink, Bike Keys, Backpack, green crystal necklace, Aznuri Necklace
Combat Gear: Shockrider Crash Suit, as above + Extra Reload + Crash Survival kit
Garth Wayne

Postby R4OXY » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:30 am

R4 had heard something of this dance and these dance lessons. This seemed like an opportune time to practice the suggestion the Garth had made, of observing many different organic beings and conversing with them. However, it seemed as if this whole enterprise might be slightly more complex than ze had anticipated.

Rolling into the rec room, the droid stopped and looked about, trying to understand the various alterations that had been made and why.
R4 unit * Uses Ze Zem Zer pronouns * Tech * Will fix things for money * "Colorful" past

Jetpack attached, long range comlink installed. Lockpicks inside chassis.

Speaks only in binary and beeps and whistles. Speech indicated by *speech*
R4OXY

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:40 am

"That was my intention." Zane offered with a light laugh. "I'm pretty sure why a number of people have been to clubs, and maybe even danced a bit, most haven't taken any classes." He explained, using his hands to empathize his points. "And I taught a bit on Nar Shaddaa, so I figured it wouldn't hurt, to offer the advice I could."

R4OXY was give a polite nod as they entered, but he didn't walk over to greet them. The droid would make their way over in time, if they wanted to.
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Zanebry Varliss

Postby R4OXY » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:43 am

The droid wandered over to the two beings, wanting to know more of the realities of "dance lessons". *Greetings Garth, Zane.*
R4 unit * Uses Ze Zem Zer pronouns * Tech * Will fix things for money * "Colorful" past

R4OXY

Postby Garth Wayne » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:49 am

Zanebry Varliss wrote:"That was my intention." Zane offered with a light laugh. "I'm pretty sure why a number of people have been to clubs, and maybe even danced a bit, most haven't taken any classes." He explained, using his hands to empathize his points. "And I taught a bit on Nar Shaddaa, so I figured it wouldn't hurt, to offer the advice I could."

"Consider me firmly on that list then. Managed to make a visit t' that jizz club ya recommended back on Rygor just 'fore we shipped out, but couldn' keep up with Azura on th' floor, so was hopin' for a few pointers."

R4OXY wrote:The droid wandered over to the two beings, wanting to know more of the realities of "dance lessons". *Greetings Garth, Zane.*

"Evenin' t' you too R4OXY." Garth replied to the droid. "Just observin ah assume?
Standard Gear: Republic Uniform (Padded Armour), DR-45 Dragoon, Comlink, Bike Keys, Backpack, green crystal necklace, Aznuri Necklace
Combat Gear: Shockrider Crash Suit, as above + Extra Reload + Crash Survival kit
Garth Wayne

Postby R4OXY » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:03 am

The droid bobbed ze's chassis. *Yes, I thought I might engage in observations of other organics, as you suggested. This seemed like an ideal venue for such observations. From my reading, I am given to understand that dancing is a key mating ritual for many organic species and sometimes used as ways to evaluate mates. I am keen to understand how this is possible and what different 'designations' may exist within humans as dancing beings.*

R4OXY

Postby Garth Wayne » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:10 am

Garth laughed good naturedly, not mockingly, at R4's assessment of dancing's role in organic reproduction.

"Ah hope that ye're overestimatin' it's importance in some's eyes." He commented. "Else ah ain't getting no attention til well after this campaign." He jokes self deprecatingly.
Garth Wayne

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:16 am

Z paused a moment as the conversation progressed, letting his hand rest against his chin thoughtfully. "Well, you might have a good point R4OXY, I don't sleep with every woman I dance with. But I just about always dance with the women I sleep with." Hopefully that made sense to the little droid.

Breaking out of his reverie, he patted Jax on the shoulder. "I'll help you, I'm not sure how good of a dancer Azura is, or even what styles she might be trained in, but I'll do what I can to get you ready for another dance with her."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Garth Wayne » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:20 am

Garth smiles. "Ah doubt she'd accept if'n ah offered," he paused and his smile broadened. "Or if Jax'd even let me ask again without pullin' a blaster on me. Ah get the distinct feelin' ah was crossing behind enemy lines when ah swooped in and dance-napped the lovely lass off his hip."
Garth Wayne

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:24 am

"Well, if this was back on Rygor, he must of had a change of heart. Last time I talked with him there, he swore up and down the too didn't have any sort of romantic connection." He shook his head. "Mind you I thought he was lying at the time, but that's neither here and there."

"Still couldn't hurt to ask, though I'm pretty sure there will be no shortage of attractive women looking for dance partners."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby R4OXY » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:26 am

The conversation flew back and forth over the droid's head, as R4 took mental notes. *Pardon me, but what is dancing one off another's hip? And why would this result in harm to you the Garth? Is this a part of the mating rituals?*

R4OXY

Postby Garth Wayne » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:50 am

Yet again, Garth strained his brain trying to find the right words to explain the circumstance to R4.

"Ye've met Jax, well he has a travelling companion, name o' Azura. They're right friendly. Ye've seen the competitive banter tween Jax an' I too. Jax brought Azura out dancin, an ah managed to convince his close friend t' gimme the first dance. Beneath the banter there were a hint of human emotion we call jealousy."

"Only a li'l fer a think we're friendly like. But enough that between other humans it might have escalated int' somethin more."
Garth Wayne

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:16 am

"As Garth said, he might of interrupted Jax and Azura mating, by asking Azura for the first dance. That's what he meant when he said he was stealing the Lady off Jax's hip." Z added his own explanation to the mix. "And it's common practice to punch someone who is potentially interrupting your mating, so that's why Garth might of been in trouble."

"Jax didn't though, because Garth and Jax are friends." Z gave the droid a serious look. "So as you can see dancing can be serious business. There can be a lot of punching if you aren't careful about who you are trying to mate with."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Garth Wayne » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:37 am

"Not that they were gonna be matin' then an' there. That woulda come later, but ah may've interrupted the mood." Garth is quick to clarify.
Garth Wayne

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:49 pm

"Yeah, it's not really the type of thing you do on the dance floor." Though he had people get damn close to it. Heck, he'd been one of those people a time or two.

Zane shifted his gaze, looking to see if there were more arriving.

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Luth Khalan » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:52 pm

At least one more did arrive, the tiny redhead Zanebry had had using his lap as a pillow just the other day. "Evening, Z." She looked over to the other two and nodded. "I don't think we've met. I'm Luth Khalan."
Republic | Human | SIS | Spy | Assassin | Sniper | Force Sensitive
Carries: Comlink, Electrobinoculars, Utility Belt,
On Assignment: Environment Armor and helmet, Sniper Rifle, Extra Rounds

"Tomorrow is another day."
Luth Khalan

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:57 pm

"Luth." Zane offered the red head a warm smile as she approached. "Good to see you." He turned eyes towards, Garth and R4OXY."

"This is Garth Wayne, and R4OXY." His lips curled into a sly smile. "R4OXY was just asking us to explain the 'mating' ritual that is dancing to them."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Garth Wayne » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:52 am

"An' a female perspective'd be more than welcome. An' we definitely haven' met," Garth agreed with the stunning redhead.

Did they send ANY normal lookin women on this campaign or just all the hotties Garth mentally pondered.
Garth Wayne

Postby R4OXY » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:25 am

The droid sat, listening intently. *Indeed, it seems a most perplexing methodology. However, it may somewhat resemble something like the mating dance of the kokawi bird of Akiva. There is much of posturing and attempts at dominance by the males in that structure as well.*

R4 realizes ze has not acknowledged Luth's introduction. *You are welcome here, Luth. It will be useful to have both a female/male pairing and a male/male pairing for this observation. All that is required is a female/female pairing and we would have at least a sufficiency for data to be collected.*

R4OXY

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:40 am

He had to laugh softly at that. "Not all people pair up in multiple ways R4OXY, I prefer a Male female pairing myself, and I'm pretty sure Garth has similar tastes. So observing us dancing isn't likely going to give you the any relevant data." he turned his eyes toward Luth. "As for the lovely lady here, well I'll let her tell you her preferences if she likes."

He smiled at Luth. "Are you up for helping with some dance lessons, beautiful?"

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Luth Khalan » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:11 am

She looked between the Droid and Zanebry. "Sorry, I missed a lot of that. I haven't learned binary yet." She looked toward the astromech. "Sorry, R40XY."

Luth Khalan

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:30 am

"I suppose I spend too much around droids." He shook his head with a soft laugh. "R4OXY is interested in Human interactions, she wants to watch as we dance." A smile made it's way onto his lips.

"So would you like to help me, teach Garth a few things? Or maybe you've come for a few lessons yourself? Though if I recall you didn't do bad at all the last time we danced together."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Garth Wayne » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:34 am

Garth observed the interaction between Luth and Zane and wondered if there was any sentient female in this corner of the galaxy he hadn't put a move on.
Garth Wayne

Postby Luth Khalan » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:37 am

She smiled, looking more at ease than she had in a while. "Ah, okay, I don't mind. I could use a refresher, but I don't mind helping teach, too."

Luth Khalan

Next
Forum Statistics