Rows and rows of portable structures housing six personnel to a structure with small 3m by 3m rooms with a unisex Refresher bay.

Time for SpaceTime (D2 LM, Tethys's quarters)

Postby Tethys Carrack » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:27 am

Tethys's barracks room is as severe as a monk's cell, and though in this particular case that has more to do with military efficiency than with Jedi discipline, it doesn't bother her. The atmosphere controls are quite a nice luxury, actually--she can even adjust the ambient humidity to the slightly higher level she still prefers.

Seated cross-legged on her bunk, she taps the simple low-end com console awake and inserts her own commlink to transfer the code she intends to use. Hopefully she's got the planetary time differences calculated right...
Jedi ○ Human ○ Republic Affiliated ○ Tall ○ Profile Link
Obvious accoutrements: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink; backpack and/or Jedi armor when needed; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Tethys Carrack

Re: Time for SpaceTime (D2 LM, Tethys's quarters)

Postby Nekoinu » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:31 am

M'ralo.jpg
M'ralo.jpg (17.44 KiB) Viewed 7950 times

"Jedi Knight Carrack. A pleasant surprise." The Jedi Master gave a bow. "Are you seeking guidance or are you entertaining an old man?"
Assistant to the GM | Devourer of Treats | Overseer of the Collection | Crier of Mandalorian Aide
Nekoinu

Postby Tethys Carrack » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:18 am

"Master M'ralo." Tethys bows. "Perhaps both?" She smiles slightly, which as he would probably recall is actually rather demonstrative coming from her.

"I've only been on Bankor a few days, but I can already tell the situation is... not exactly as I'd imagined it. And how is your new apprentice?"
Obvious accoutrements: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink; backpack and/or Jedi armor when needed; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
Tethys Carrack

Postby Nekoinu » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:36 am

"What has troubled you, my former apprentice?" he inquired, guiding her to the heart of the matter. "As for my apprentice, he is a young lad who was disobedient during his time as a youngling." He shook his head like a gentle parent. "He seeks attention, like many padawans."
Assistant to the GM | Devourer of Treats | Overseer of the Collection | Crier of Mandalorian Aide
Nekoinu

Postby Tethys Carrack » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:35 am

"Nothing too serious yet," she admits. "The invaders here are not quite what I expected. The old Mandalorian Crusaders didn't value sentient life much, but..." she frowns. "From everything I read in the history databases, they did value testing their strength against strong opponents--not tormenting the weak for sport. Yet it's been less than a week since planetfall and we've already found Clan Kryze and its allies threatening to kill children and strapping bombs onto defenseless civilians. I did not expect such reveling in cruelty."

"Also," she adds with a sigh, "the strike force brought more of its own problems than I'd hoped. Some of the hangers-on are, well, dubious. A Hutt mercenary and some of the resistance fighters got into some kind of fight to the death within a day of landing, and I fear it might not be the last time. In the interest of keeping the peace between allies, I feel I should be keeping an eye on them, but you know I'm not much good at making a rapport with those types." She shrugs one shoulder helplessly. "Perhaps all I needed is to tell someone my worries, but... I certainly wouldn't turn down advice."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Nekoinu » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:36 am

The Jedi Master stroked the bottom of his beak. "That is troubling to hear, my former apprentice. I would have hoped you would face less barbaric foes." He paused. "However, I am not entirely surprised. The Resol'nare does not forbid them from enacting cruelty upon others. They may be seeking to unbalance you or beckon you to challenge them." He sighed. "A Jedi is a foe they often seek."

M'ralo folded his hands behind him and smiled. "Did I not teach you to be a mediator between two peoples, young knight?" He shook his head. "The Republic must be wary of the allies brought onto the planet. Our situation may appear dire, but we cannot accept aid from anyone that offers it."
Nekoinu

Postby Tethys Carrack » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:52 am

"Well, if provoking a Jedi is what the one I tangled with seeks, she succeeded," she says through gritted teeth. "I won't be foolish about it, though."

She sighs. "Mediating, yes. But in my experience, I'm not the kind of person that beings who walk on the wrong side of the law usually want to get friendly with." Her lips quirk a little again. "I know where to look for the trouble spots between two groups of people acting with good will. Trouble from these underworld types, on the other hand..." she spreads one of her hands palm up in front of her, "I fear it would find me long before I saw it coming."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Nekoinu » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:12 pm

"Anger is not the way of the Jedi. Please, do remember this," he urged. There was concern that only showed in his eyes.

The Jedi Master nodded slowly. "I see. You are unaccustomed to underworld types. Perhaps that is a failing on my part." He went silent for a few moments as he searched for his words. A common thing for the Jedi Master. "It is not so different, actually. A mediator must always be vigilant. As for this group of people, I may suggest engaging in some 'small talk' to accustom yourself to them."
Nekoinu

Postby Tethys Carrack » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:06 am

"I remember. I'm not angry," she says, still looking fairly... angry. Or at least out of temper. "I've simply made up my mind not to let them get away with any more of it."

She sighs, rubbing her forehead. "I suppose that's all there is to it... start from the beginning, build the relationship. Even if it takes a long time." Wryly, she adds, "You exposed me to plenty of questionable characters, Master M'ralo." Politicians, leaders, and business types don't all wear white hats, after all. "These ones just have a different culture I'm not so used to."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Nekoinu » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:03 am

"That is why you are there, young knight. Hopefully the planet can soon put this conflict behind it." He paused. "The reality, of course, is that it will take years."

M'ralo nodded. "Getting to know an individual can speak much for the rest of them. On the other hand, it is unwise to assume everyone is the same." He smiled. "Wisdom can be such a tricky thing, young knight."
Nekoinu

Postby Tethys Carrack » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:04 am

"As always." Tethys sighs again, then perks up slightly. "Oh. Did you know there is a native sect of Force users on Bankor? They weren't in the preliminary data files, but I met a scholar on the flagship who knew of them."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Nekoinu » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:53 pm

"I did not know of this. It is not unusual for a planet to have their own tradition. What did this scholar tell you?"
Nekoinu

Postby Tethys Carrack » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:03 am

"They are called the Azanti Order. Something like monks, reportedly, but I've had no chance to pull up any filed about them yet. I don't expect the Republic military databanks will have much on local religions in any case." She smiles a bit wryly. "I may have better luck just asking Dr. Rexa the next time I see her. She mentioned that there are old Jedi and Sith ruins somewhere on the planet as well."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Nekoinu » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:12 am

"I see." He smiled. "Young knight, this will be an excellent opportunity for you to write a report on this Azanti Order to add to the Jedi Archives." The Master then stroked his beak. "Unless there is already entries in the Jedi Archives. Well, it could not hurt to have a new perspective!"
Nekoinu

Postby Tethys Carrack » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:11 am

"Ah." Should have seen that one coming! "I'll keep my eyes and ears open, then. They're based in a very remote region, reportedly. I don't know if the Republic strike force will be operating there. But if not, I can wait for the peace after the occupation ends--if the Force is with us, of course."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Nekoinu » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:22 am

"I imagine that this scholar did not tell you of these people without there being a reason. That reason may be beyond us currently but it will become apparent in the near future."
Nekoinu

Postby Tethys Carrack » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:03 am

Tethys nods. "I will trust in the Force to reveal the reasons to me when I need to know them." Breaking into a slightly rueful smile, she adds, "I wish I'd searched the Archives more thoroughly before leaving, though. I pulled the general planetary record, but I didn't think to do a keyword search of the whole database. It takes so long..." For a brief, rare moment, a little ordinary youthful impatience shows through her Jedi Knight composure.
Tethys Carrack

Postby Nekoinu » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:59 pm

The Jedi Master smiled. "It does take a long time, young knight. And sometimes the galaxy does not grant us the time to idly shift through research" He stroked his beak. "Perhaps we can accelerate the process at the Jedi Archives. Perhaps we have learned a new goal today."
Nekoinu

Postby Tethys Carrack » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:34 am

Tethys nods. "One for the archivists more than for us, perhaps. But you never know." She cocks her head at the image of her former master. "Is there anything else you'd advise me to keep an eye on here? The tactical situation seems straightforward, at least, though some of that is over my head."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Nekoinu » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:19 am

"I will bring it up next time I speak with one of the Council. And then it will take a long while to reach the archivists!" he said, followed by a jovial chuckle. He then dipped his head in more reverence to the situation. "Young knight, you will surely feel the draw of more uncivilized whims due to the harshness of war. The worst has yet to come, of that I am sure. But do not succumb."
Nekoinu

Postby Tethys Carrack » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:27 am

Two vertical frown lines appear between her eyebrows, but she nods. "You needn't worry that I'll run off to bathe in blood. I'm here to protect people. Fighting is... incidental."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Nekoinu » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:39 pm

The master dipped his head in apology. "Perhaps it is me projecting my own troubles with war onto you," he concluded.
Nekoinu

Postby Tethys Carrack » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:20 am

"No," she shakes her head. "I do sense the danger. I'm sure the Mandalorian side are counting on making us angry. As you said, they hope to goad us into fighting at a disadvantage. I just don't intend to let them win."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Nekoinu » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:28 am

"They are hunters, after all. How better to lure prey out than to agitate it?" He then smiled. "Of course, we are not animals, my former apprentice. And therefore, we can be much more clever."
Nekoinu

Postby Tethys Carrack » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:23 am

"Yes," she agrees. "And they underestimate the people of this planet. If only we could make them see that without fighting..." she shakes her head. "Well. Thank you, Master M'ralo. Discussing things with you is always reassuring." Well, nearly always. Mostly.
Tethys Carrack

Next
Forum Statistics