Rows and rows of portable structures housing six personnel to a structure with small 3m by 3m rooms with a unisex Refresher bay.

Re: No, YOU move (D5, EA)

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:29 am

"Hmmm." Niall's grey eyes narrowed as he studied Delmi. "You're quite perceptive, aren't you." He sighed. "The secret, I've found, is to do my best to present the real me. It not only helps to keep people from building illusions, but it helps keep me sane." He shook his head. "I don't know how I'd do it otherwise."

He smiled. "Well... that's one, I suppose." He said. His expression grew more serious. "For your part... I've been told that I sometimes extend trust a bit too easily. But I don't think I'd be misplacing it to put it in you."
Republic | Human | Captain Alderaan | Inspiring Rhetoric | Nice Cape
Niall Organa

Postby Delmi Koor » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:18 am

"Mah... I read people's intentions... it's the best way to be the first one to shoot. People give hints off here and there... So either you're like super good at acting like a nice dude all the time and really are trash on the inside, or you're a decent guy. Second one seems more likely now. As for trusting me... I mean... a gal's only as good as her word. I say I'll help... so I'll help. Lot of people try and make things difficult. But being honest and direct cuts lots of the crap out of life. Maybe I'm just shooting air up your butt cause I think you like this kind of talk... or maybe it's me. One thing you can count on is that I'm not a googley eyed little girl enamored with some ideal or some person. You don't get to grow up a princess when your killin' people for a living at 14. Don't grow up with a lot of friends either... but normally you end up with someone who can take care of their own stuff pretty good."

She uncrossed her legs and leaned against the nearby pole, "So... I don't know if I can trust... or should be trusted... But I'm learning to try and let others do stuff that I'm not the best at... Teamwork type stuff. Haven't had that since I was a kid. Feels weird... but not terrible."
Freelance | Human | Gunslinger | Smuggler | Daughter of Anaxes | Pew Pew
Carries/Wears: Model 1 “Nova Viper” Blaster Pistol; H-7 “Equalizer” Blaster Pistol; Backpack
"When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk." -Delmi Koor
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:48 pm

"Huh." Niall said. "You sound a bit like my XO. I wonder if the two of you would have lots to talk about, or nothing."

He gave her a nod. "Ultimately, teamwork comes down to trust. If you're learning how to work on a team, you're learning how to trust, too." He gave her a smile. "I'm glad you don't hate it."
Niall Organa

Postby Delmi Koor » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:54 pm

"Trust seems like it's something a bit deeper than just counting on someone to do something though... But what do I know?"
Carries/Wears: Model 1 “Nova Viper” Blaster Pistol; H-7 “Equalizer” Blaster Pistol; Backpack
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:07 pm

"No, you're right." Niall nodded. "Although that's part of it. But really trusting means counting on someone in every sense."

He pursed his lips. "It's like... if you truly trust someone, they're a part of you. If they tell you they've seen something, that's good enough, because they're your eyes. You don't need to do something yourself, because they're your hands. Or..." he shrugged. "At least, that's how I see it."
Niall Organa

Postby Delmi Koor » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:36 am

She nodded, “I don’t know if I could ever do that...”
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Niall Organa » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:25 am

Niall shrugged. "One step at a time, I suppose."

He let a few moments pass in silence before speaking again. "So what happens after all this is over? You going back to what you did before?"
Niall Organa

Postby Delmi Koor » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:45 am

She nodded, “I don’t really have anywhere, one, or thing to go to besides that. Not all of us get our own posters and go home to a mansion with princesses waiting to be courted by us.”

She chuckled once. “Nope. Just more jobs. Till the one comes where the other guy is better.”
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Niall Organa » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:54 am

Niall rolled his eyes, laughing as he did so. "That's not exactly how it works..." He said. "They're not my posters. And they're not wait... nevermind."

He cleared his throat. "You ever think about alternatives to that?"
Niall Organa

Postby Delmi Koor » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:59 am

She shrugged, "Not much I can do about it really. I got one set of skills... and weird as it may seem... Hutts tend to know stuff that I want to know. You seem like the type to disapprove... but I do want to eventually find my mother... and maybe put a couple of laser blasts in her chest. But I'm no spy... so finding an old one whose trail has gone cold ain't easy. Hutts... can find some stuff out. That's what I'm aiming for at the moment at least. I know I can't trust them to come through for me... but a dishonored guy's kid who's been killing folks for a living for a while doesn't easily change careers."
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Niall Organa » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:54 am

Niall folded his arms across his chest. "I don't know. It seems to me that it's not my place to approve or disapprove of something like that." His lips quirked. "And being the commanding officer of a group of Mandalorians affects one's ideas on the use of force."

He looked at her a moment, his lips pursed thoughtfully. "But more than that, as you said before, we come from entirely different backgrounds."

The thoughtful look deepened. "But if you wanted to make a go for it with the Republic, we could find something for you."
Niall Organa

Postby Delmi Koor » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:05 pm

“It’d take a lot more convincing...” she replied with a chuckle.
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Niall Organa » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:21 pm

"Well..." Niall's lips quirked. "One thing at a time, eh? First, let's see about removing these Mandalorians from the planet. After that, we can talk about it. Acceptable?"
Niall Organa

Postby Delmi Koor » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:36 am

She tilted her head and smirked, "If I'm not gone by then."
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Niall Organa » Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:06 am

"That soon?" Niall shook his head. "Well, as I said, it's not my place to judge. It's another reminder that we're very different people, however. My friends are a big part of who I am. And there are so many of them here."
Niall Organa

Postby Delmi Koor » Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:08 am

“I’m glad for you.” She said with a soft smile and then paused contemplating something for a moment.

“I hope you don’t split on them by taking one too many shots to the body. Never know what tomorrow brings.”
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Niall Organa » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:36 am

"That's true." Niall nodded. "I'll do my best. I sometimes worry about those I'd leave behind. The things I'd leave undone. But I can't let that fear keep me from doing what I need to do."

His expression was serious as he tilted his head, looking at her. "What about you?"
Niall Organa

Postby Delmi Koor » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:48 pm

"That's the nice thing about being on your own... nothing left behind and no one to mourn your passing. You don't hurt or leave a burden for anyone when you go." She said with a skeptical smirk.
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Niall Organa » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:00 pm

"Well..." Niall said. "Just don't go thinking that you have nothing to live for, then. Or that the lack of anyone you'd leave behind means it's okay if you die."

His lips quirked. "And don't underestimate the impact you have on people either."
Niall Organa

Postby Delmi Koor » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:36 am

She smiled, "When all you got is yourself, you're also in no rush to die. Don't worry, I'll take care of myself."
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Niall Organa » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:46 am

"Alright." Niall agreed. "That's good to hear." He hesitated a moment. "It's just that having something to fight for also means having something to live for."

His eyes narrowed thoughtfully. "But I suppose you do have something. You told me what it was. It's just a different sort of thing than what what I use."
Niall Organa

Postby Delmi Koor » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:16 am

“I just get and stay even. Still owe my mom a couple blaster bolts to the chest, and Commander Malcolm a few more dead mando commanders.”

She smiled, “Got plenty to live for. You should be the one who is careful... you’ve got something to die for pressing on you too.”
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Niall Organa » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:32 am

"Right." Niall nodded agreement.

The second bit gave him pause, though. "I'm... not sure I follow." Niall said, regarding her curiously.
Niall Organa

Postby Delmi Koor » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:38 am

“For the Republic!” She said in a soft voice while raising her arm. “Having patriotism and an ideology to protect isn’t always the safest thing. Don’t throw away that life people depend on for nothing.”
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Niall Organa » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:27 am

That did get one eyebrow to go up, although Niall's expression didn't change. "I wouldn't say that the Republic is nothing." The eyebrow went back down. "But perhaps you're right. Freedom, justice, truth, these are all important. But are they worth dying for?"

Gently, Niall shook his head. "An idea can't exist without a person. The Republic can't exist without people. So while I'm willing to lay down my life, it's not for nebulous concepts. It's for these people, their freedom, their lives."

His lips quirked. "Not that I'm in a big rush to do so. But if it comes to it, I will. And I know my nearest and dearest will understand that."
Niall Organa

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics