Rows and rows of portable structures housing six personnel to a structure with small 3m by 3m rooms with a unisex Refresher bay.

No, YOU move (D5, EA)

Postby Delmi Koor » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:15 pm

Delmi sat outside the armory door on a small stool. She'd been asked to help fill in for one of the regulars who was supposed to be on duty protecting the armory but seemed to be MIA at the moment. A burly man walked down the pathway and approached her stool like he was gonna run it over.

"Hey little girl, move! You're in the way." The man made a move to push his shoulder into her chair to perhaps knock her over, but before he got close enough Delmi was on her feet and had a pistol to the man's head.

She looked up at the bigger man and shook her head once, "No.... YOU move. This spot gives me the best view of the armory... I'm not in the way of anybody but a fatty like you. Walk around."

The man looked back with alarm at first but then slowly walked back and away from Delmi who put her gun away as soon as he was a step back.

"Psycho..." The man grumbled to himself as he walked back along his way.

Delmi then calmly retook her seat and fiddled with her holster while watching the man walk away.
Freelance | Human | Gunslinger | Smuggler | Daughter of Anaxes | Pew Pew
Carries/Wears: Model 1 “Nova Viper” Blaster Pistol; H-7 “Equalizer” Blaster Pistol; Backpack
"When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk." -Delmi Koor
Description
Delmi Koor

Re: No, YOU move (D5, EA)

Postby Niall Organa » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:51 pm

Niall hadn't seen all of it, but he'd seen enough of it. He'd been about to intervene when Delmi showed that it wasn't necessary. Not for her sake, certainly.

He strolled casually up, his eyebrows raised in polite inquiry. "What was that all about?" He asked Delmi softly, nodding his head towards the rapidly departing man.
Republic | Human | Captain Alderaan | Inspiring Rhetoric | Nice Cape
Niall Organa

Postby Delmi Koor » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:56 pm

She shrugged in a non-stressed manner, "Dummies bein' dumb."
Carries/Wears: Model 1 “Nova Viper” Blaster Pistol; H-7 “Equalizer” Blaster Pistol; Backpack
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Niall Organa » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:09 pm

Niall chuckled. "I see. Well, I may need to have a word with him. Our soldiers should be treating each other with respect."

He gave her a nod, moving over to stand nearby her. "How have you been since we last spoke? Doing well, I hope?"
Niall Organa

Postby Delmi Koor » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:30 am

She nodded, "Well enough. Shooting mandos. Tryin' to help out where I can. War is a big and confusing place. Lots of stuff to do... but I'm sure I don't have to tell you that. They probably have you up to your ears in duties."
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:01 am

Niall's lips quirked. "They certainly do. I try to keep an eye out, and bring things to Commander Malcom's attention. Whenever I do, his answer is 'handle it, Captain'." He smiled. "Perhaps I should save time and cut out the middle step, shouldn't I?"
Niall Organa

Postby Delmi Koor » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:07 am

"Dad always said a good soldier shouldn't have to be commanded in all things. Best things happen when you act in the moment." She said with a nod of approval.
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:08 am

One of Niall's eyebrows went up. "I'll try to keep that in mind." He said, his tone mild.

He cleared his throat. "Do you have contact with the local Resistance here?"
Niall Organa

Postby Delmi Koor » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:11 am

"A bit, yeah. I know a gal who's tied into that Thazos dude. Why?" She asked.
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:27 am

"Mmm." Niall shrugged. "Just one of the things that I like to keep tabs on. I want to make sure that things between the Republic and the Resistance are going smoothly. So..." He gave her a nod. "If they have any concerns, please, encourage them to pass them along."

He tilted his head, considering. "In fact, I could use a Resistance liasion."
Niall Organa

Postby Delmi Koor » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:29 am

Delmi grimaced slightly at Niall's last statement. "Yeah? What would that entail...?"
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:37 am

"Someone who could bring Resistance things to me. And who I could bring Republic things to. That sort of thing." He said.
Niall Organa

Postby Delmi Koor » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:40 am

"I'm like... not in either though... And I don't really have the trust of either group probably."
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:27 am

"Oh. I see." Niall frowned gently. "I'm sorry. I misunderstood the situation."

"So..." He frowned. "Does that mean you're having problems with the Republic soldiers?"
Niall Organa

Postby Delmi Koor » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:42 pm

"Not more than any other 'contractor' type that is here I'd say. Maybe is just me who is wary of them to be honest... My dad was in the Republic army for a long time... but it didn't end well for him. Makes me doubt some of the folks here from time to time."
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:25 pm

"Oh?" Niall gave her an encouraging nod. "Is that something you would tell me about? I'd like to hear it."
Niall Organa

Postby Delmi Koor » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:37 pm

"Uhh... well... He uhh... was a big war hero during the start of the war. Think he mentioned being one of the first members of Havoc Squad or something... Anyway.. He got moved to Anaxes to train field officers. Worked there for a bit. Met a girl. Got married. Had me... Wife turned out to be an Imperial Spy who stole his credentials to access Republic military databases. Made out with a bunch of info. His superiors and the local politicians all pinned the blame on him and said he helped her. Was court martialed and set to be executed for treason... All so some politicians could make the point they were doing their best to fight the Empire." She chuckled.

"Luckily a noble... guy I mentioned first time we met... stepped in and got the sentence reduced privately. Dad eventually went to work for him as his bodyguard... But pretty much his name was dragged through the mud for no real reason." She shrugged.

"There are nice folks in the Republic of course... but there's a bunch of clamberwolves in bantha furs walking around in it too... and friends who'll ditch you if popular opinion says they should."
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:23 pm

Niall remained mostly expressionless through the whole thing, the occasional twitching of his lips the only indication of anything he was feeling. He remained silent and motionless for a few moments after she finished.

Finally, he shook his head. "That... sounds like a great miscarriage of justice." He pressed his lips together. "That's the sort of thing that shouldn't happen. That we work hard to try to keep from happening." He hesitated a moment. "That I would hope wouldn't happen today. But I'm not so naive as to think that we've gotten rid of corruption in the Republic in the last twenty years."

He spread his hands. "I can only promise you that we're trying to do better."
Niall Organa

Postby Delmi Koor » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:51 am

"Nah, I get that. You seem like an upstanding guy and all... I'm sure there are tons of folks who are invested in making things better. It's just kinda hard to discern who is and who isn't reliable. The one thing about working for the Hutts is you know everyone is a crook. There's no image of people being good, so you can adjust yourself normally. With the Republic it's kinda hard to know who to trust and when."
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:41 am

"I suppose that's an advantage, of a sorts." Niall said dryly.

He shrugged. "In my line of work, trust is extremely important. Trust needs to exist at every step. You need to trust those beneath you to do what you tell them. You need to trust those above you to make the right decisions, and to tell you what you need to know. And you need to trust those beside you to cover your weakness. And you need to give that all back to them, too." He gave her a nod. "So if we can't trust each other, it's pretty important to work on that, I'd say."
Niall Organa

Postby Delmi Koor » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:44 am

She nodded her head softly. "So... how do we go about doing that?"
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:25 am

"Oh..." Niall pursed his lips. "A few trust falls should do it. One person falls, the other person catches them. Then they switch off." He gave her an earnest nod. "Works every time."

His lips twitched. It was entirely possible he wasn't being serious.
Niall Organa

Postby Delmi Koor » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:28 am

“I’m sure there are countless women dying to fall into the arms of the famous Captain Alderaan...” She smirked.

“But I’m not one of them.”
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:32 am

Niall laughed softly at that. "Maybe." He raised an eyebrow. "You know, I hear that a lot, but it's always about other people. I rather begin to wonder if people just imagine it to be true."

He cleared his throat. "But that's beside the point. Trust must be demonstrated. And extended." His lips quirked. "Easy enough, so long as everyone does their part."
Niall Organa

Postby Delmi Koor » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:45 am

“I bet it’s true... but any girl or guy that looks at a poster and gets all googely eyed thinking someone is dreamy doesn’t really have their head screwed on straight. You seem the type to probably not pay that much attention to the fawning masses cuz you want to stay ‘humble’. But that’ll bite ya in the butt too, because it just makes all the silly girls who think themself a princess fall deeper into their silly daydream.” She replied with a look of mild pity.

“I don’t envy your fame. But you seem not to enjoy it too much... so on the trust building scale you’re actually fairing pretty well.”
Description
Delmi Koor

Next
Forum Statistics