Rows and rows of portable structures housing six personnel to a structure with small 3m by 3m rooms with a unisex Refresher bay.

Han Kaine & the Galaxy Raiders of the Lost Holocron (D7,EN)

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:50 am

(Lyseil's barracks, Closed)

After they had gone their separate ways for paperwork and other duties, Lyseil had texted Niall a message to invite him over for movie and snacks. She'd found a bag of unpopped popcorn, and she still had that bottle of spirits from the desert people they had given with those riding the vusa. And she had one of her favorite movies ready to play (which also happened to be one of her reasons for wanting to become an archaeologist)!

Since the mood should be relaxed and off-duty, she settled for a plain t-shirt and sweatpants. No need to dress up for this or be in uniform, right? Hmmm... but what if he wears that cape again?!
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Re: Han Kaine & the Galaxy Raiders of the Lost Holocron (D7,

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:59 am

On any day where he hadn't had to face down his sister's killer for a second time, choosing to wear his stylish new cape would have truly been the hardest decision of the day. In this case, it was a distant second.

In any case, one didn't receive the schooling Niall did without knowing how to read a social invitation. And movie and snacks did not require a cape. And so, when Niall arrived at the door to Lyseil's barracks, he was wearing casual Republic fatigues and a tank top, his uniform jacket casually on and unzipped over the latter.

He knocked, politely and firmly. A smile was on his lips, but stress lines were easily visible around his grey eyes.
Republic | Human | Captain Alderaan | Inspiring Rhetoric | Nice Cape
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:07 am

With an excited smile, Lyseil opened up the door! "Hey! Glad you could make it!"

She stepped aside, as much as the room allowed, to let Niall in. "Good work out in the jungle earlier too! Really was a pleasure to work under your command then," Lyseil bubbled with enthusiasm for the good work the two of them had done with Chase earlier that day.
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:55 am

Well, it was difficult to remain gloomy in the face of that smile. Niall's spirits brightened almost instantly. "Hey, you." He said. He sighed, wearily but not unhappily, as he stepped into the room.

Casually, he slung his uniform jacket onto the hook on the wall, leaving his arms bare. He turned to her with a smile. "You've quite nearly stolen my opening line, you know. I was going to commend you for a job well-done." He gave her a nod. "It really was, you know. That's the first time I've seen you in action. You operate well in a crisis situation. I was quite impressed."
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:00 am

"I figured I'd beat you to it," she grinned happily at having gotten ahead of Niall in praising eachother for the work with the Major's squad. "Thank you. I have experience in working in the field in difficult conditions, so I'm glad that came to good use. Also helped that we seemed to have an excellent pilot accompanying us too!"

Whatever personal reactions Lyseil had about Chase from her first interaction with the woman, she had a great deal of respect for the skill she saw earlier. "You seem tired...?"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:11 am

"Yes." Niall nodded, rubbing one hand across his face. "She is very good, isn't she? It's good to find people like her in the service." He'd missed her previous outbursts.

At her question, Niall flashed her a quick smile. "Mmm. Was it obvious? I'm sorry. I promise, you have my full attention." His lips quirked. "Or rather, you and whatever movie you selected."

The smile faded a bit. "In part, it was the meetings. But I also had another mission today." He looked at her, his grey eyes serious. "We got him again. Melv. The man who killed my sister. Alive." His expression was a little uncertain; indeed, he wasn't entirely sure himself how he felt about it.
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:15 am

"Oh..." well, that made sense now. That he would be tired. She indicated for them to sit. "... Do you want to talk about it? I mean, I'm here for you, you know."

Lyseil wasn't quite sure what she could do to assure Niall, so she decided to keep herself focused on being her usual supportive and friendly self!
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:22 am

"Yeah... maybe. I don't know." Niall flashed her a wan smile as he sat casually. "That wasn't very clear, was it."

He leaned forward, resting his elbows on his knees, his expression going distant. It was a few moments before he spoke again. "I think I'm not quite sure how I feel about it. I suppose it's for the best that we brought him in alive. But part of me wishes he'd died, then. That he wouldn't have another chance. He's already had far more chances than Rayne had." His lips tightened, his jaw clenching.
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:26 am

Lyseil pressed her lips together to stop herself from frowning, and reached out to hold Niall's hand. "Hey..." she offered softly.

"We're better than that, right? Hm?" a gentle nudge to his shoulder with hers. "It's not about chances, but not stooping to their level...?"

She thought about the Mandalorians, and the civilians following Vando Nee who had strapped bombs to themselves. We *have* to be better than that.
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:34 am

At her touch, Niall's eyes closed. He turned his hand over, letting her take it. At the nudge of her shoulder, he smiled, just a little. It was impressive, he thought, how she could make him smile and say such thought-provoking things at the same time.

"Yes. I've always thought so." Niall said. His lips tightened again for just a moment. "It's what I said when I captured him the first time." He was silent again.

"I was ready to kill him." He said. "If he'd been awake. Maybe I would have." He shook his head. "When it came down to it, I couldn't." He looked at her, his lips twisting. "Analysis, Doctor Panteer. Strength or weakness? Virtue or its lack?"
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:42 am

"Psych evaluation is a little outside my field," she chuckled quietly, "but ok... I think maybe a bit of everything?"

Her lips pursed for a moment as she gathered her thoughts. "I mean, in a way, it'sa a weakness to not be able to pull the trigger, when a lot of lives depend on it. I don't know if I have that strength myself, I've never had to test it against people. But there are bad people in the galaxy, and sometimes the galaxy is just better off without them in it. On the other hand, having the strength to not just give into the easy solutions and simple urges is a good thing! That's what makes us civilized; it's the cornerstone of society!" Lyseil said encouragingly, approaching the matter more like an academic.

"So I say, at least for us, it's a virtue to be able to spare an enemy. There's rarely a lack of virtue in that. Mandos might disagree, but that's their way."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:46 pm

Niall shifted a little, straightening as Lyseil spoke. As she finished speaking, he nodded slowly. "Intellectually, I'd come to the same conclusion. More or less. It is a complex subject, and the particulars don't make it any easier."

He sighed. "The first time I captured him, I said that letting our system of justice do its work was the way to handle him. But he ended up here, hurting more people." His lips pressed together. "I am finding it harder to hand him over to the same system. Even if that's what must be done."

He shifted, leaning back. "But I can't give up my faith in the system just because it's personal. Or because it sometimes fails." His hand held hers loosely, almost uncertainly.
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:00 pm

Lyseil leaned a little closer to Niall, nodding with understanding and agreement of what he was saying.

"You're doing the right thing. Even if it feels wrong... or hard." She offered kindly.
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:26 pm

Niall's eyes closed. "It is hard." He whispered.

After a few moment, his eyes opened. He smiled, relaxing just a little as Lyseil leaned closer. "But I've never shied away from doing the hard thing. Doing what's best, serving Alderaan and the Republic, making them the best they can be, all require hard work. I've always believed that. This... is just another reminder."

He gave Lyseil's hand a little squeeze. "Thank you, Lyseil. For listening. For being here."
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:44 pm

"Hey, I'm not the big hero like Captain Alderaan," she giggled, now hugging him close by the arm, "so the least I can do is to cheer up Captain Alderaan when he's feeling down, right?"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:59 pm

Niall laughed softly at that. "Oh, yes. Captain Alderaan." He tilted his head to look at her. "You know, it was a Sith that first came up with that nickname. And it's managed to stick with me ever since." Perhaps there was a lesson there. Perhaps not.

He sighed pleasantly as Lyseil hugged his arm. "And a fine job you do of it." He tilted his head further, letting it rest against hers. "Thank you." He said again, his voice deep and soft.

Niall straightened. "So! What movie do you have picked out for us?" Niall asked, smiling. His spirits seemed much improved, the shadows around his eyes all vanished.
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:51 pm

"A Sith? Maybe they intended it to be mocking nickname or something then..." Lyseil wondered, but well, she had never met a Sith as far as she knew so she pretty much only knew them as the big meanie-heads the media portrayed them to be.

"One of my favorites! Han Kaine and the Galaxy Raiders of the Lost Holocron!" She perked up visibly as she spoke of it. "Actually... it's kinda embarrassing to say it, but it's one of the movies that made me want to be an archaeologist, since Han Kaine always had these amazing adventurers in faraway places with all sorts of mysteries..."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:58 pm

Niall's eyebrows went up. "Ah, a classic! That's a great series. I haven't seen that one in years." He gave Lyseil an approving nod.

His smile grew as Lyseil revealed her secret. "Is that so? I'll admit, I remember being intrigued by that stylish hat he always wears." Niall shook his head. "I never managed to get one for myself."

He looked at her, one eyebrow going up. "So how close is the reality of being an archaeologist. It does seem as though you get a share of adventures, at least."
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:17 pm

Lyseil poked around to get the movie started. "Hmm... well, there's a lot more reading and tedious amount of time spent with tiny trowels, small hammers and chisels, handpicks, brushes, and meticulous work with measuring equipment than what you see in those movies. Less stumbling over ancient artefacts of doom." She chuckled and grabbed the drinks and popcorn before settling in next to Niall, and the movie rolled into the opening.

"Maybe you could ask Z where to get such a stylish hat...?"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:25 pm

"No doubt." Niall agreed. "But I think a cape is more my style anyway.

He shifted a little as she settled in next to him. "They do rather skim over those bits in movies, don't they? Life in the military involves a lot of waiting around. Detective work involves a lot of reading." He flashed her a grin. "But there's not quite no stumbling over artifacts of doom, I gather?"

He let his arm settle comfortably around her shoulders.
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:43 pm

"Yes-yes, no military movies I've seen have gotten close to showing the amount of paperwork and waiting that's actually in the military," she laughed softly. "But detective movies... I don't know, Z makes it seem like it's almost as stylish as it can be in those films, wouldn't you agree?"

Her smile grew a bit more at the arm around her. It felt nice and comfortable!
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:57 pm

"Mmmm." Niall murmured noncommittally. "Yes, well, the clothing probably helps. Hats, vests, ties..." Like his cape, right? And he did think his military jackets looked pretty sharp...

Niall cleared his throat. "It's true, Z does seem to do a lot of things you see detectives do in the movies. Being a free agent helps." He shrugged. "But I expect he also has his share of drudgery, just like the rest of us."

The title flashed on the screen, the music swelling. "Ooh. Good choice of snacks." Niall murmured. He used his free hand to snag a morsel, popping it between his lips.
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:01 pm

"That's probably true," she smirked at that. Even someone living a life like Z probably had lots of moments where he did boring work too. And... well, something seemed very lonely about his ship when she had visited that morning. Maybe it had been that empty wall.

"Good snacks is nescessary for enjoying a good film!" Lyseil chuckled as she helped herself to some too. And then trying the trick to flick a popcorn in the air to catch it in her mouth... though this one landed on Niall's head instead. "... Oops."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:14 pm

"Oh, certainly." Niall agreed. "I've often thought..." He trailed off as a piece of popcorn landed on top of his head, bouncing off to fall onto his chest, where he managed to catch it. With as bland of a face as he could manage, his lips quirking, he turned to look at her.

He held the pose for a few moments before smirking, chuckling playfully. "Right." He said. "Let's give that another go. Ready? One, two, three!" He tossed the piece back into the air, arcing it vaguely towards her. His arm around her loosened, giving her the freedom to move if his toss was bad.
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:16 am

Lyseil laughed as she readied herself for take #2, and quickly jerked to the side with her open mouth to catch the treat. This time with success! "Woo!" she grinned, happily chewing on the popcorn.

She settled back into her spot, still chuckling. "I should work on my aim it seems."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Next
Forum Statistics