Rows and rows of portable structures housing six personnel to a structure with small 3m by 3m rooms with a unisex Refresher bay.

A Peaceful Chat(D7 MA)

Postby Arali Zian » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:53 am

Arali walked her room, making sure things are tidy, and in order for her guest. Good food was hard to come by, but she managed to procure some rolls, which she toasted up, along with some jam packets from the mess. The tea was almost ready, and her guest should be here soon.
Republic ♥ Jedi ♥ Knight ♥ Twi'lek ♥ Superfarmer ♥ Nerd ♥ Pacifist ♥ Vegetarian
Arali Zian

Re: A Peaceful Chat(D7 MA)

Postby Azura Mora » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:58 am

Why am I doing this again?

Azura really couldn't answer her own question other than 'because I agreed to'. Which somehow managed to keep her going to the agreed meeting spot.

"Oh sure, Jedi get rooms while the rest of us are shoved out of the hanger" she muttered to herself at the door before knocking on it. Perhaps a little harder than intended. For once she wasn't wearing her armour; against a Jedi, armour does nothing, so no point being mega uncomfortable. Instead she'd located a pair of jeans and t-shirt to wear, looking pretty casual if you ignore the guns and odd pipe-shaped object that she carried.

For Azura it was very casual wear indeed.
Neutral * Human * Smuggler * Has anger issues * Dangerous * Jax's glamorous assistant * Part of the Midnight crew * Force sensitive? Description
Equipment: Blaster, pistol, armour, odd cylinder-shaped item, comms, stimpacks
Azura Mora

Postby Arali Zian » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:38 am

Arali answered the door, sporting a light, white tunic tied loosely in the front, and simple brown pants. Rather un-Jedi attire, not counting the rather large lightsaber strapped across her back.

"Azura, good afternoon. Please, come in." She gestures to a little folding table a couple stools, and rolls with jam set out, next to a hot plate with a kettle set to boil.
Arali Zian

Postby Azura Mora » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:41 am

Azura noted the saber first.

"New saber?" That was quick, guess Jedi have endless resources "nice."

She entered, eyeing up the table and stools warily before taking an offered seat. She wasn't paranoid or suspicious, not at all...

"Uh..nice room? Oh and hi. Thanks for the invite and stuff."
Neutral * Human * Smuggler * Has anger issues * Dangerous * Jax's glamorous assistant * Part of the Midnight crew * Force sensitive? Description
Azura Mora

Postby Arali Zian » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:52 am

"Mostly new, but thank you. The crystal was fine, thankfully, and I was able to scavenge the parts I needed from a broken old rifle I bought in Rygor."

She poured two cups of tea- a light, classical blend- and took a seat.

"My previous saber, Verdant, was forged for a singular purpose. One which it outlasted. Perhaps that was a sign it was time to move on."
Arali Zian

Postby Azura Mora » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:31 pm

"Making a saber from scavenged parts seems...I dunno, like not respecting it? Shouldn't it be made with the best stuff? I guess you didn't really have a choice...you did rather make a firework out of your last one as well as the demon."

Azura eyed up the tea for a few moments before speaking again.

"That was pretty impressive though. I've not seen sabers be that explosive" Not in a long time at least "it might be gone but you musta been proud of the destruction right?"
Azura Mora

Postby Arali Zian » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:35 am

"Verdant was designed around its alternate, nonlethal operating mode, using a second kyber," Arali pointed out, and took a sip of tea to assure her guest it wasn't poison. "Destruction was not its primary purpose."

She eyed the 'pipe,' curious of its history. "Many components of a lightsaber are not mass produced, and must be made by hand. From what is... a matter of preference, though in general, the more involved the saber design, the more interesting the materials become. In my case, as I demand a much higher power draw from my crystal than most, the power insulation and pressure housing of a high powered rifle are extremely useful components, difficult to fabricate on my own. How was your own saber constructed, if not from salvage?"
Arali Zian

Postby Azura Mora » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:15 am

"I investigated what would be the best materials to get, and spent time looking for them rather than taking apart or salvaging from scraps. It cost more to make sure, but a lightsaber is a quest of inner self; if it's not made using what you believe is the best for yourself then it can fail."

She paused, then frowned and looked away adding "at least that's what I was told by someone before. Long time ago. Doesn't matter, I mean you not gonna get the best materials in a war zone as it is."
Azura Mora

Postby Arali Zian » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:47 am

Arali considered. Probably not going to get much more about that 'someone before.' At least not directly.

"I find 'best' not to be a particularly useful term. 'Best for yourself' is closer. The creation of a saber is an odd combination of science, art, and ritual, in different combinations for different people. The ideal circumstances do not yield the ideal result. Complication can inspire creativity. So, are you largely self-trained, through your own research since you parted ways?" she asked, as if already in on what she needs to know of that 'someone.'
Arali Zian

Postby Azura Mora » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:20 pm

Azura narrowed her eyes, very quickly getting defensive.

"Been on my own since about twelve. Looking after myself, making sure I can survive. At least until I started travelling with Jax. Why?"
Azura Mora

Postby Arali Zian » Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:35 am

"Well, you won't like to hear this, but if you weren't on a watch list before, you are now," she answered frankly. "And given the media presence in this operation, it won't just be a Jedi list. The galaxy has never been safe for unaligned Force sensitives, and regrettably, it could get worse before it gets better."
Arali Zian

Postby Azura Mora » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:37 am

Lovely.

"Yeah, I'd guessed as much" Azur shrugged, clearly not bothered or surprised at the notion "but that's fine. Once this war is over I can vanish again. As long as I can keep doing that I'll be fine."
Azura Mora

Postby Arali Zian » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:46 am

"As long as you can," Arali agreed as she spread some jelly on a roll. "But I suspect that time has ended."

"For... probably longer than you've been alive, the two largest powers in the galaxy have been at war, and therefore distracted. Now, for as long as this peace lasts, things can return to a normal you've never seen. I have no doubt you are skilled at hiding, but whether you know it or not, those you have been hiding from have not had the time or energy to care about you. Now, they do, and simply fading into obscurity and chaos may not be possible."
Arali Zian

Postby Azura Mora » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:07 am

"What is this, some kind of recruitment? Oh you've run for so long but now we can see you?" Azura balled her fists "no. Not happening. I'm not interested in joining any side in your stupid arguments. Jedi and Sith are the same, both are controlling and both force a stupid pointless code on you. So don't even bother. I'm not interested."
Azura Mora

Postby Arali Zian » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:41 pm

Arali simply set down her roll, clasped her hands, and let Azura vent. After a moment's silence

"I am not an idiot, Azura," she said simply.

"I did not bring you here to recruit you. You have made it abundantly clear that will not work. Our sins over these last two decades are many. Your judgment is not without merit. However, do not believe that we are the same as the Sith. I can guarantee that you will leave this room free and alive. When the Sith choose to take action, I sincerely doubt it will be a peaceful chat over tea. But me? I really did invite you to talk. We both know that you will not join the Jedi, or the Sith. And whether you are prepared to face the truth or not, we both know that running and hiding are no longer options. It is time to consider a third option."
Arali Zian

Postby Azura Mora » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:42 pm

Azura frowned more. She took some time to consider what to say, and trying to work out what the Twi'leks game was.

This is a weird angle to play...

"Alright" she finally said, crossing her arms "suppose I do agree with you, and that I can't vanish again. You're speaking of a third option. What's the third option?"
Azura Mora

Postby Arali Zian » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:45 am

"Isn't that the question in every seeming no win scenario?" she raised her hands in an uncertain gesture.

"To that end, I can only provide ideas, not answers. But invisibility is a double edged sword; if you are invisible, you can be made to disappear with little consequence. So, why not be very visible? For example, with your skill set, I have no doubt there are many high profile individuals who would be eager to hire you on as a bodyguard. Senators, planetary leaders, industrialists. Then, the added complication and potential backlash for going after you becomes more trouble than it's worth."
Arali Zian

Postby Azura Mora » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:55 am

"Sounds like it's more trouble for me when I already am part of a crew" Azura said thoughtfully "not sure I'm the type to work for senators or leaders. I don't do visible well, I tend to lose my temper at idiots like politicians."

She shrugged, finally risking a sip of the tea.

"It's an idea I guess. I don't like it, but if I'm going to get stalked by Jedi and Sith I guess I can't kill all of them."
Azura Mora

Postby Arali Zian » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:00 am

The killing comment got Azura a look, but the fact she was comfortable enough to actually have some tea was at least a step. It was a light, relaxing, faintly floral brew, which Arali had thoroughly confirmed humans can digest.

"Killing any who come after you would not improve your situation. Slip away from a pursuer and you become somewhat more costly to act against, and you have a pursuer you can elude. Kill a pursuer, and you become somewhat more costly to act against, but also a much higher priority target, and your next pursuer, you may not be able to kill. Particularly since any clever assassin won't engage you directly.

"But for now, you have time. Thinking about options for the future is a beginning. And though the political route may not be appealing to you, I suggest at least speaking with Senator Mixo while you have the opportunity. If you don't like him, you can go your own way no harm, no foul, but who knows? Perhaps the two of you could get along."
Arali Zian

Postby Azura Mora » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:22 am

Azura looked down at her up, murmuring "it's helped me so far" before sighing.

"Senators. Ugh. Why does it always have to be a politician? Can't they just mind their own business and leave us alone?"

She peered up at Arali, a small frown as she added "why him? Is he Jedi approved?"
Azura Mora

Postby Arali Zian » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:42 am

"Put three people in a room, and politics will happen," Arali shrugged.

"Most of the reason I suggest speaking with Senator Mixo is simply that he's here, and accessible. I suspect opportunities to simply walk up to a senator and simply strike up a conversation are relatively few. I know mine are, and I spend most of my time on Coruscant these days. As to the Council's opinion on him? Well... let's just say it's complicated. The Council will probably decide they should do something about him, about twenty years after he retires. You suddenly associating with him would probably raise some red flags, but not in any way they could do much about."
Arali Zian

Postby Azura Mora » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:07 am

So I'm getting lumped in with someone who's also a problem...

"Why would a senator be on the watch list for Jedi? That seems weird" Azura asked, taking a sip of tea "if I'm gonna be lumped with a problem politician, I want to know why Jedi might be watching."
Azura Mora

Postby Arali Zian » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:11 pm

"An understandable sentiment," Arali agreed. "But I will not tell you that. Just like if any outsider came asking why you're on a list, I wouldn't tell them that."
Arali Zian

Forum Statistics