Rows and rows of portable structures housing six personnel to a structure with small 3m by 3m rooms with a unisex Refresher bay.

Reflections [D8MM]

Postby Niall Organa » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:03 am

Niall lay on his back on his bunk, his arms folded behind his head. He was dressed for the day, at least in his uniform leggings and a tank top. But being dressed for the day didn't necessarily mean being ready for it.

The last day had been a strange one. Niall needed some time to think about it. But the military didn't allow a huge amount of time for that. He sighed, stretching his arms.
Republic | Human | Captain Alderaan | Inspiring Rhetoric | Nice Cape
Niall Organa

Re: Reflections [D8MM]

Postby Luth Khalan » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:31 am

As he did so, a gentle knock came at his door, and Luth's voice sounded from the other side. "Niall, are you in?"
Republic | Human | SIS | Spy | Assassin | Sniper | Force Sensitive
Carries: Comlink, Electrobinoculars, Utility Belt,
On Assignment: Environment Armor and helmet, Sniper Rifle, Extra Rounds

"Tomorrow is another day."
Luth Khalan

Postby Niall Organa » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:39 am

Niall was awake and alert. It took him only a moment to rise to his feet. And, of course, given the size of the room, it took no time to get to the door.

It slid open. Niall gave Luth a smile. "Good morning, Luth." He said, his voice perhaps a touch soft. "Is there something I can do for you?" The words weren't exactly welcoming, but he stepped to the side, wordlessly inviting her in.
Niall Organa

Postby Luth Khalan » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:13 am

She took the invitation and stepped inside. "Just wondering if you wanted to talk a bit... especially about yesterday, but also in general... And you did promise me we'd talk soon." She settled down on the bunk and smiled a little bit at him.

Luth Khalan

Postby Niall Organa » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:07 pm

Niall's lips quirked as he watched Luth step inside, settling herself on the bunk. "I did, didn't I? And I do my best to keep my promises." He returned her smile with one of his own.

He sighed, though, as he moved to sit next to her on the bunk. "And I suppose it would be good for me to talk about it." He looked at her, smiling wryly. "I'm not entirely sure where to begin, though."
Niall Organa

Postby Luth Khalan » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:18 am

"Why don't you tell me about your sister?" She offered an indirect beginning.

Luth Khalan

Postby Niall Organa » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:40 am

"Hmmm." Niall said. He sat back a little, leaning his elbows back on the bunk. "Rayne was my younger sister by about two years. A little bit less; she was going to turn nineteen not long after she was killed." It had gotten easier to say in time.

His grey eyes went distant. "She was very smart. And she had a curious mind. I would say that she was more shy than me, but not overmuch. She had lots of friends. And she had her wild side too, sometimes." He smiled fondly. "A taste for adventure, excitement. I have that too, but I think I need more encouragement to act on it than she did."
Niall Organa

Postby Luth Khalan » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:47 am

She scooted back on the bunk to lean against the wall, reaching over to run her fingers through his hair. "What happened with this Melv guy?"

Luth Khalan

Postby Niall Organa » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:15 am

There was a brief hesitation, but then Niall took a deep breath. He sighed, shifting a little, closing his eyes as Luth ran her hands through his hair. It was soft to the touch; he'd had time for his morning shower.

"Rayne was on holiday from school." He began, his voice soft, almost heavy. "She and a group of friends had gone to Nar Shaddaa. The rest of us all thought it was dangerous, but..." He sighed. "It was difficult to talk her out of a course of action she was committed to."

Another deep breath, and Niall went on. "It was her bad luck, and his bad decision. She was in a bar, talking to someone. Melv burst in, hunting a bounty. He fired wildly..." He paused a moment, his lips tightening. "The target was killed, but so was Rayne."
Niall Organa

Postby Luth Khalan » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:29 am

"Mm... That explains it," she replied softly, continuing to stroke his hair and scalp gently. "What were your feelings the other day?"

Luth Khalan

Postby Niall Organa » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:37 am

"There's a little bit more to what happened back on Nar Shaddaa." Niall said, his voice still soft.

His grey eyes opened slowly. "I captured him. Or rather, I did with the help of a few friends. Aly was there, as was Lieutenant Varra. And the Sith Shaisha, if you can believe that." His lips quirked. "But we tracked him down. It was dead or alive. I chose alive, and had him turned over to Republic authorities."

Another deep breath. "So when he ended up here, I..." He chewed his lip a moment. "I considered choosing differently this time. Killing him. I went out there, perhaps intending to."
Niall Organa

Postby Luth Khalan » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:58 am

"That explains your choice of teammates," she noted. A soft sigh emerge from her delicate lips above him - a sharp contrast between appearance and the words that followed. "When you went to check out the communications array, I almost shot him anyway. But I thought that wasn't what you wanted. You left him alive, so I wanted to respect your wishes."

Luth Khalan

Postby Niall Organa » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:14 am

Niall's grey eyes briefly flickered to those lips of hers, then further up to her eyes. "You're right. On both counts." He smiled. "I did choose a team that I suspected would understand if I chose to take his life. But, in the end, I couldn't. And all of you helped me to keep to that. Even at the time, I wasn't sure that was what I wanted."

His smile grew, just a little. "But I'm sure know. And I'm grateful. Thank you, Luth. For everything." He reached over, his hand finding her knee, giving it a little squeeze, before dropping back to his side.
Niall Organa

Postby Luth Khalan » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:25 am

She smiled warmly down at him. "I care about the people who've shown they care about me. You've done that and then some. I feel like this is the least I could do, like I should be thanking you." One of her hands moved from his hair to stroke over his cheek.

Luth Khalan

Postby Niall Organa » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:57 am

"Mmmm." Niall's lips quirked, his eyelids flickering as Luth stroked his cheek. "I think perhaps you underestimate your impact on me, Luth." He murmured.

His gentle smile turned into a frown as he studied her. "If there is anything I could do for you, let me know, will you? Perhaps I'm worrying about nothing..." He shrugged.
Niall Organa

Postby Luth Khalan » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:05 am

"Maybe... I don't really know my impact on you, so I might be. What sort of impact do I have?" She asked.

She smiled and shook her head, then paused. "Actually... Would you sit up and come back here next to me?"

Luth Khalan

Postby Niall Organa » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:20 am

Niall's lips quirked. "It's difficult to define. But we're close, somehow. I trust you. And I want you to trust me, too." He shrugged again. "If you ever doubt your impact, think of yesterday, and what you did for me then."

The request was curious; Niall's eyebrows went up. But he hesitated only a moment. Pushing off the ground with his feet, he brought his body alongside hers. "What's on your mind?" He asked softly, smiling gently as he studied her.
Niall Organa

Postby Luth Khalan » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:27 am

She considered and nodded, smiling a little bit. When he slid up next to her, her expression turned serious, full of concentration. Her eyes were full of resolve. It may have some as a surprise, then, when the action she seemed so determined about was to bring her hand gently to his jaw and then lean in, brushing her lips over his in a soft, lingering kiss.

Luth Khalan

Postby Niall Organa » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:39 am

Niall's grey eyes widened a little bit, faced with that seriousness, that resolve that he saw in her deep blue eyes. His eyes widened further as her hand found his jaw. As she leaned in. As she pressed her lips to his.

For a moment, just a moment, Niall relented. He'd wanted to kiss her before, after all. The softness of her lips was a powerful lure. His own were soft to the touch, warm...

Gasping, Niall turned away. "Luth... we can't." He said, his voice a little hoarse. Gently he shook his head.
Niall Organa

Postby Luth Khalan » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:51 am

She closed her eyes and pulled up her knees, nodding as she rested her chin on them. "I know. I would have regretted it if I'd never kissed you, though," she said, sad but accepting of his rejection. She hadn't had much hope that he would let it go on.

Luth Khalan

Postby Niall Organa » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:30 am

Niall took another deep breath, steadying himself. "I... understand." He looked back at her, his lips quirking back into a smile. "I would be lying if I said part of me didn't want to... keep going. See where this leads." He cleared his throat. "Several parts of me, actually." But there was no way he could do that to Lyseil. Or Aly... do I have a problem? The thought came suddenly, making Niall flush.

Smiling, he reached out, putting his hand on hers. "But while parts of me are wanting that, other parts are telling me how much you need a friend. Someone who looks out for you, and doesn't want anything in return. With no complications. I feel like right now, you need that more than you need... anything else I could give you. I hope that's okay. Because you really do matter to me."
Niall Organa

Postby Luth Khalan » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:33 am

She looked over to him, looking a little bit amused at the flush. She shook her head, though. "You're wrong. Friends are just more people I need to protect," she replied she a half-chuckle, half-sigh. "And as a friend, I will always be secondary."

Luth Khalan

Postby Niall Organa » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:53 am

"Protect?" Niall answered. He frowned, his brows drawing down. "I... think I understand. Perhaps." He tilted his head. "But Luth, I can take care of myself. So can Arali." He felt he was missing something terribly important.

His hand was still on hers. He gave it a gentle squeeze. "I've not yet had to choose between a friend and... and something more. But I'd like to think that I would do what was right." Watching her face, his lips parted in concern. "Luth... what did you mean before, about regrets? Is something wrong?"
Niall Organa

Postby Luth Khalan » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:11 am

She shook her head. "You don't," she replied with a shake of her head. "That's okay, though."

"... Maybe you would. You have that kind of dedication." She closed her eyes. "Sorry I made you uncomfortable. It's not really important, just... I guess the opportunity arose, and I... wanted to see if it was possible." She smiled a little bitterly to herself. "I should've known better, of course, but... you never know if you don't try."

Luth Khalan

Postby Niall Organa » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:10 am

"Luth..." Niall's voice was soft. For a moment, he closed his eyes. It was difficult, when faced with the pain he was so sure she was feeling, to do nothing. But it was just as difficult to know what to do.

Niall shifted, turning towards her. His arms were gentle as they wrapped around her, but firmed as he pulled her to the solidness of his chest. "Don't apologize." He said. "Not for that. Not for anything."
Niall Organa

Next
Forum Statistics