Rows and rows of portable structures housing six personnel to a structure with small 3m by 3m rooms with a unisex Refresher bay.

[D8 LA] ABC (Amateur Book Club)

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:48 pm

Sabine set out the moonshine, the datapads, and some kind of weird food stuff from the local region. Hopefully it was edible and wouldn't cause any kind of issues.... oh, and some water. Just in case. And painkillers.

She waited for her guest to arrive.
Republic * Sergeant * Soldier * NCO * Confident * Tough * Mandalorian * Human
Carries: Ritual dagger, command insignia, electronic manual
Combat gear: Ritual Dagger, Mandalorian Armor, MK II Paladin, ammo, stimpacks
Languages: Basic, Mando'a
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Re: [D8 LA] ABC (Amateur Book Club)

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:51 pm

Exactly on time, Lyseil tapped at the door. "Sabine?" she asked, now being off-duty so, saying sergeant Kelborn felt a bit out of place.

As usual, her datapad was with her, though she also had some cookies and a thermos with tea. She was really curious of Sabine had read anything during her long hospital-stay.
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:00 pm

Sabine opened the door in her familiar tank top and a smile. "Lysaile?" The pronunciation wasn't perfect. "Thanks for coming. You've been well?"
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:37 am

Lyseil was likewise dressed down without her usual uniform and in a tank-top instead. "Yeah! I've been pretty good. Lots of work to keep myself busy but not too busy I haven't been able to find some time for fun here and there. What about you? I heard you got pretty wounded tracking down one of your cousins...?"
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:04 pm

Lyseil Panteer wrote:Lyseil was likewise dressed down without her usual uniform and in a tank-top instead. "Yeah! I've been pretty good. Lots of work to keep myself busy but not too busy I haven't been able to find some time for fun here and there. What about you? I heard you got pretty wounded tracking down one of your cousins...?"

"Yeah, the bastard shot me. Took my leg." She gestured towards the inside of her room. "Come, come. I got some refreshments. And shine. Busy with paperwork?"
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:17 pm

"Well, it seems like you got a shiny new one then," she said with some good humor and patted Sabine on the shoulder as she entered. "... Shine? Hm, oh yes, been busy with the relocation of the base." And a couple of other things.

"I did bring some refreshements too!"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:19 pm

"Great! Take a seat. I did read some of the stuff you sent over..." She started hesitantly. "Oh, what kind of refreshments?"
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:28 pm

"Uh, tea and cookies," Lyseil chuckled as she saw what Sabine had prepared, "seems like we had very different thoughts about refreshement, but that's ok. I'm sure it will be interesting to combine them."

"So! What did you read?" the Panteer looked at Sabine with great interest!
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:31 pm

Sabine sat down herself, then took a cup of... tea. Might as well try it. "Well, I read the Mandalorian Commando series... the one about Clan Traviss? It was.... interesting..." she started tentatively.
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:36 pm

The tea was a fragrant black tea, with a nice amount of bergamot to it. Since Sabine was trying the tea, Lyseil figured she'd try this 'shine' that Sabine had prepared.

"Oh yeah? I always wondered how true those books are to actual Mandalorian culture and life - since I often got the feeling that the writer had a pretty weird infatuation with Mandalorians." She chuckled and sipped some of the shine.

Stars! What is this? Ship-cleaner?!
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:39 pm

"Well, I may not be an expert, but... it feels kinda a bit too..." She sighed. "It feels like the author is having some kind of... hard on for Mandalorians? For us?" She shuddered at the thought. "The way they wrote about the armors... look, when someone writes that many details with those adjectives, it is usually not about clothes."

She perked up at her drinking. "How do you like the cactus shine?"
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:51 pm

"Cactus-shine? I thought you'd picked up something in the hangar that's meant for cleaning the hulls of space ships!" Lyseil coughed with a grin as she put the drink down. "More for you, I think..."

"Ah, yes, I kind of felt similarly about the books too! Makes me wonder if the books would've been better if the author just went all the way and uh... you know... just made it into an erotic work rather than hiding it behind the macho soldier-story."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:54 pm

"Bah, weakling aruetii." She stuck her tongue out in fun before pouring a healthy dose of shine. "It could probably clean starships though."

She nodded enthusiastically. "Yeah, something like that. Like... look, that would be healthy. This is not it." Beat . "I read the whole series. All 13 books. Something may be wrong with me."
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:14 pm

Lyseil laughed softly. "Aha, yes, I am a weakling aruetii! I know what that means, you know," she stuck her tongue out as well to Sabine. "You'd probably beat me quite easily at anything physical."

Her eyes widened a little in surprise. "Goodness, sounds like you were quite smitten with reading after all?"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:17 pm

".... I was just curious if it as bad until the end." Yes, convincing.

"To be honest, that occupied most of my reading time. Did you read anything lately?"
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:33 pm

"Oho~?" Lyseil chuckled and nudged Sabine's side with her elbow. "It's ok to admit you liked it, you know... I won't tell anyone."

"Me? I've been reading the last Sano Antilles-stories; detective-story in the Sith Empire, where the nobleman Sano Antilles has to solve cases while also navigating the complex society of the Empire's nobility."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:30 am

"Oh? I haven't read that one. I assume there are a lot of murders in the Empire..." She said a bit unsure of it. "Are you sure you won't tell? You seem like the kind of person who needs to talk. Like, always."
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:32 am

"Well, I do love to talk, but I never talk about stuff I shouldn't talk about! Why else do you think I'm trusted with the paperwork of Commander Malcolm." Lyseil gave her an assuring smile.
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:36 am

"Erm... nepotism maybe?" She stated honestly.
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:37 am

"Well, yes, to a certain extent," Lyseil admitted with a brief laugh. "But also because I'm trusted!"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:25 pm

Sabine laughed. "Okay, I'll believe you. This time!" She smirked. "How realistic are those book are? About the Empire?"
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:03 pm

"Realistic? Hmmm... I honestly don't know, I've never been to the Empire. Though I have a hunch it's probably not too far off sometimes with all the politicking, and scheming, and backstabbing. Especially the stabbing. They do have a reputation," she said with a few nods.

"It's hard to get a lot of solid info on the Empire."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:54 pm

Sabine nodded. "Yeah, I guess. Perhaps I can ask some Mandalorians who did deal with the Empire. I wonder how things will change now, with the peace and stuff." She sighed. "Have you read any books from the? Imperial ones?"
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:03 pm

"Any books from the Empire... no, I don't think I have. At least, not for leisure." Lyseil shrugged. "Some published scientific work I've read has been from the Empire, but in my experience, the scientific community tend to be less guarded about factions and loyalties in the name of knowledge."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Forum Statistics